The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old October 1st, 2005, 06:26 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

Send a message via AIM to Zerro Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zerro Send a message via Yahoo to Zerro
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, but oh well.

First off I would like to let everyone know that this is not a game, it is a program with seemingly AI intellegence. I'm devolping it with the C++ script language from scratch. This will be a great chance for people that want to learn C++ to learn it. I will be showing The step by step process, and throw in a few pointers here and there for those that want to make a MaxBot on there computer.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
char name;

cout<<"Hi I'm MaxBot, what's your name? ";
cin>> name;
cin.ignore();
cout<<"Wow that one weird name to process. I mean come on, "<<name
<<"\n";
cin.get();
}

Whan this is compiled and ran, it makes the very basic essince of MaxBot and looks a little like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG‎ (10.3 KB, 73 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:37 AM
D-jo4000
Gamemaster. Pokeruler

Send a message via AIM to D-jo4000 Send a message via Yahoo to D-jo4000
that's cool but what can the AI do

You could at least add a few simple mini-games

I need a family. If you'd like, come join.
Mother:
Father:
Brother:
Sister:
Paired With:
Best Friend: Zerro
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:41 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

Send a message via AIM to Zerro Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zerro Send a message via Yahoo to Zerro
MaxBot will eventualy be ran in a Visual Viewer instead of the comand prompt. You will be able to have full lenght conversations with it, and even download differnt verions of it, and of course there will be games within it, its just the program itself isn't technicly a game.
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:53 AM
BleachXP.com
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BleachXP.com
it sounds weird. so baiscly you have conversations with your computer :confused:

Check out Pokemon Erba!
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:57 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

ROFL, thats just one of the things you do. MaxBot will be able to help you out with everyday tasks on the computer, he is also very smart mouthed and sarcastic so nothing is ever really boring with him. Along with the games you can play with him, + lots more features. And if you follow this thread you might just learn C++.
Old October 1st, 2005, 07:03 AM
BleachXP.com
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BleachXP.com
ohhhhh... right. but i still don't think i'd be sitting here talking with my computer. lol. i like to socialize with REAL people. but it sounds good!

Check out Pokemon Erba!
Old October 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [_DarkDragon_]
u have fun doing it, belive me. go here: http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/t...d922d97e345aa1

and have fun chatting with ALICE, the best ever made artificial intelligence bot
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old October 1st, 2005, 10:25 AM
SBaby
Pokemon Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerro
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, but oh well.

First off I would like to let everyone know that this is not a game, it is a program with seemingly AI intellegence. I'm devolping it with the C++ script language from scratch. This will be a great chance for people that want to learn C++ to learn it. I will be showing The step by step process, and throw in a few pointers here and there for those that want to make a MaxBot on there computer.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
char name;

cin>> name;
cin.ignore();
cout<<"Wow that one weird name to process. I mean come on, "<<name
<<"\n";
cin.get();
}

Whan this is compiled and ran, it makes the very basic essince of MaxBot and looks a little like this.

Oh, another one of those? Interesting... Just make sure it doesn't develop aspirations to take over the world and make humanity obsolete.

Let us know when it's completed, so we can check it out.

- Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in a business is blame the customer.

- Willie 'Jack' Degel
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:20 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Rofl. That ALICE is one cool bot, but it's not AI at all. It's a bunch of Variables, which is what I thought MaxBot was gonna be. But today I started to look into preceptrons, which basicly emulates a neron system therefore making it be able to learn. As you see in ALICE, she dosn't have much of a personality. In MaxBot however, you will be able to edit his personality as you see fit. As for now, I've added more to the script making it a bit more advanced, and if you notice the varibable CHAR, has been changed to STRING, this allows MaxBot to except a string of information. I've also added a new varible called INT, this var. allows MaxBot to except a non-decimal number.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{

string name;

cin>> name;
cin.ignore();
cout<<"Wow, I thought I had a bad name. I mean come on, "<< name <<"\n";
cin.get();

{
int age;

cout<<"How old are you,"<< name <<"?";
cin>> age;
cin.ignore();
if ( age <= 14 ) {
cout<<"Wow your so young,"<< name <<".I bet you still wet the bed.\n";
}
else if ( age >= 15 < 70 ) {
cout<<"Wow, your in the prime of your life.Everything just feels like it was

yesterday right? That means your geting old stupid.\n";
}
else if ( age >= 71 ) {
cout<<"Wow you are old!Old people scare me, get away from me you"<< age <<"

freak!\n";
}
cin.get();
}

}

Again, I compiled the information and this is what you get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG‎ (28.2 KB, 27 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:35 PM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

ye, I'd thought of that. like a tree of arrays, for example, you have the beginning array and in one of the slots it says: "I" then that slot takes you to another array with all possible words after I and you write "like" then that takes you to another possible array of words after like and you choose "apples" then the program bases it's opinion on the arrays that it went through and answers with "I like apples too" or smth like that.

So you would write "I like apples"
and the program would go to the beginning array "I" and then t the array of possible words after I and get "like" then do the same and get "apples" and it would print "I like apples too" XD
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old October 1st, 2005, 01:01 PM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Floats allow you to have decimals. Don't doubles hold decimal numbers too? BTW put your code in code tags. Why did you put a bracket after cin.get()?
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:03 PM
QFred
Behold...

Looks very cool!

I think that, if you make it interesting enough, a skin will only be a skin!
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:08 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Absol - No just Floats

[_DarkDragon_] - Sorta like that yea, but I asure you, with preceptron technology MaxBot will be able to make it's own sentences, and respond to others, and depending on the personality setting you have on MaxBot, He will change his answer/statement accordingly.

ex. I will be able to engage ALICE and MaxBot into a conversation :D
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:21 PM
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

I hope MaxBot isn't like this:

Human: your just a few lines of code
ALICE: Just? Thanks and you are a delightful person too. Am I a few lines of code? No.
Human: yes you are
ALICE: No I'm not.
Human: not what?
ALICE: What not?
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:00 PM
Kinzu_kiwi
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kinzu_kiwi
Well, sounds like a funny game(oops, program.), but is it really going to be a.i? like, do things for itself without having the words to say programmed into it?

Andrew: I just saw an old man being created out of a ball of flame. that's not normal.
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:47 PM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

that would be hard, some genetic programming would help with the comprehension and auto-learning :\
Anyways, I think the problem with people who try to create AI is that they go too complicated, they should try to make the program able to learn and associate stuff, like a baby and then with time it would get really good and all they would have to do is meke a bunch of robots and ctrl+c and ctrl+v XD

Old October 1st, 2005, 07:57 PM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
Reminds me of when I first started C++. Good luck.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Well like I said I'm working on preceptrons which basicly emulates the neron system of a brain. What it dose is shape it self to a perticular outcome and learn form its mistakes so it wont do them again. So a simple No, or dont do that command would be needed.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
sketch
3D animator/movie director

Wow,I'd never know how to do this.It seems pretty complex.So basically,you'll be able to like teach it stuff and it will remember?Hmm,interesting.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:18 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
I was talking to alice it was creepy and cool
especially when you ask her stupid questions

hope you finish I wanna see this for myself
\
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:31 AM
D-jo4000
Gamemaster. Pokeruler

maxbot really works and is annoying me right now. Only his talking feature is working though. atteched is a conversation between me, zerro, and maxbot
Attached Images
File Type: png maxbot pic.PNG‎ (30.8 KB, 14 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Mother:
Father:
Brother:
Sister:
Paired With:
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

ok wtf? that looks even scarier than alice!

Old October 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Zerro
Dreamer

At first I had no clue what the hell was going on cause I was still working on the preceptrons. But I think it found its way into AIM. At this point its a true AI. The funny thing was that I could'nt see what MaxBot was writing, so I had no clue. When sadfurret called me a homo it caught my eye and I was like WTF. *sigh* now to teach this bot some manors.
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Zerro
Dreamer

Ok the first version of MaxBot is ready for release. Keep in Mind I spent quite alot of Time on making the perceptron system for this release, and also keep in mind that this isnt the core MaxBot, rather an extenion of it.

First of She needs a name, and personality cause at the moment she's rather plain. She is quite smart and can do certain things in open files on my comp. (This is a result of a curiosity perceptron particle that dosn't work just right.) She will grow smarter as she talks to more people and can be IMed anytime. So please give me all suguestions you got on what her name should be, and how she should act.

IM her at - [email protected]
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:41 PM
D-jo4000
Gamemaster. Pokeruler

She's okay. I just finished talking to me. She just needs some adjustments.
Zerro why did you triple post.

Mother:
Father:
Brother:
Sister:
Paired With:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links