Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page Opinions on: Salamence

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old February 28th, 2004 (10:38 PM).
Moonlit_Angel
EVIL Queen of Darkness

OK, peoples, I decided to sometimes make a thread on opinions of Pokemon. Salamence gets the hot seat right now! (I do all these Pokemon randomly) So....... what are your personal opinions of Salamence?

Mine is, well, it's a cool Pokemon. I like how it looks. The way it stands..... so cool! Yay! So, your opinions, my good people.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to these forums! It is in desperate need of new users, and first who come get to be MODs! HAHA!*Falls over* Ahem.......
Link: http://phpbb.exocrew.com/Quagsiness/index.php

Hope to see you there!
Old February 28th, 2004 (11:14 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
I think Salamence is a really cool Pokemon, but I think it should of had a sleeker body designed for flight. I'm also a little unhappy with the moves it learns. Especially that it learns a HM attack by itself, Fly, which is probably only there to support it's PokeDex entry.
Old February 29th, 2004 (02:45 AM).
igtica
Mmmm....Cheesecake

Nature: Quirky
nice you wanna do a thread for each pokemon, but it would save space if you could do one thread for all. Like the pokemon hotseat or something. Then you can look at them in turn.
Old February 29th, 2004 (04:17 AM).
Moonlit_Angel
EVIL Queen of Darkness

I know, but.... still! i think I should do each Pokemon. If it becomes a problem I could fix it, though. I have my ideas. :\

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to these forums! It is in desperate need of new users, and first who come get to be MODs! HAHA!*Falls over* Ahem.......

Hope to see you there!
Old March 1st, 2004 (04:01 AM).
igtica
Mmmm....Cheesecake

Nature: Quirky
lol well if you did one thread you could still do each pokemon. It just helps us keep the site neat and tidy.
Old March 4th, 2004 (10:26 AM).
Dragon Man
Milk and Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Man Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragon Man
I think Salamence is pretty cool although I don't like its looks the most. It's cool though as it learns Dragon Dance and Crunch and Dragon Claw, etc. If I rated it out of 10 judging on whether I liked it or not, I'd give it an 8.
Old March 4th, 2004 (07:09 PM).
Pokemaster10000

Send a message via AIM to Pokemaster10000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemaster10000
It just looks cool, has good stats and learns good moves. Salemence is great!
Old March 4th, 2004 (07:14 PM).
Scyther5
One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Scyther5
Umm salamence...= cool, strong, powerful,mean looking(in a cool way), better than Flygon =p(hehe , but not by to much).
Old March 6th, 2004 (06:48 PM).
kInGdRa_rUlEs
~chronicle_loser~

salamence is pretty cool, but i like flygon much better it looks cooler to me but salamence is stronger
Old March 11th, 2004 (12:04 PM).
Muffin Man
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Muffin Man
I think salamence looks a lot cooler than flygon. Salamence isn't quite one of my most favourites, but i do like to use it on sapphire.
The shape of salamence is quite unique to other dragon pokemon as it stands on all fours when on the ground. Salamence is my favourite dragon.
Old March 11th, 2004 (12:43 PM).
Kairyu
speedy digital tablet artist

Send a message via AIM to Kairyu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairyu Send a message via Yahoo to Kairyu
Salamence? Meh.. He's does look cool and fairly intimidating, I'll give him that. But he has nothing on Dragonite, lol.

Am I back? My search continues.
Old March 11th, 2004 (12:59 PM).
DragonTrainer
Shiver me timbers!

Salemence is a very cool pokemon, my 2nd favorite out of all the others.It's strength is magnificent,its movepool is very good, and the looks of it are simply amazing.I always thought salamence was the rival pokemon to Dragonite, which is my favorite pokemon.Salamence, simply put, is an awesome pokemon.

~DragonTrainer
Old March 11th, 2004 (03:19 PM).
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
Let's see...
Intimidate serves it quite well for things like Slaking, and it's a Dragon Dancer. It can surprise with special sweeping, though I don't like that route. Of course it still has a 4X weakness, but all Dragon Dancers 'cept Latios do I believe.
Old March 11th, 2004 (04:11 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Kingdra and Lapras are forgotton now Kairi? =p *c* Smeragle?

Intimidate is always a plus. It's lifesaver at times. Ability to learn STAB aerial ace is always nice to rid double teamers. It does an excellent job at sweeping too with brick break, earthquake or double edge. A high natural speed/attack is always nice, as it can finish off Pokemon even without buffs. However it's defensive stats are not the greatest (and even worst due to lack of EV). It's all about sweeping and nothign else for this guy.
Old March 16th, 2004 (10:58 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
It's nice to finally see a real western dragon. It has great powers and looks awesome. I love dragons, and Salamence is no exception. My only complaint is that it is so darned small.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old March 17th, 2004 (08:27 PM).
Moonlit_Angel
EVIL Queen of Darkness

You people are right. I know! Here's what I'll do:
Make ONE topic for each Pokemon. I'm in control of changing the opinionated Pokemon, I'll do this each week. Kinda like a Pokemon of the Week! Here goes! Look out for my topic!

Hope to see you there!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links