Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

View Poll Results: If you were to thrive on only ONE generation of Pokemon, what would it be?
Kanto 14 31.11%
Johto 9 20.00%
Hoenn 13 28.89%
I prefer mixed generations. 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th, 2005, 03:37 PM
RSL
RaikouSpecialLover

Advertise here
Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn? There has been threads around here saying 'what's your favorite', so here something new. *discuss*
Proud Supporter of Pearlshipping! (Ash+Dawn)

I currently own a Lv 50 shiny Nidoking, Infernape, and Togekiss!
Spoiler:
In case you must know, Nidoking is legit and the other two I used AR.

Join the Dawn Fan Club NOW!

My Rules for My Pogeys:
I reserve the Hidden Power attack to legendary Pogeys only; every one of them must have this move.
If a move has a base power of 60 or more, it's good. 55 is okay.
I only use uberish moves like Hydro Pump if the user's ATK/SP. ATK is less than 105.
I reserve the Fire Blast attack to legendary Pogeys that can learn it.
If you use anything I have above, copy and paste them into your signature.
Old November 7th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Natsuki
.bluefang.

Nature: Sassy
Well, if you mean like there would only be one Pokemon generation and none of the others would have existed to begin with...then I'd choose Kanto. X3 It was the original generation that started it all really, so I'd have to be in favor of that. :33 Plus, how else would I be able to have a kawaii widdle Pikachu? XD

~Kelsey
Old November 7th, 2005, 04:36 PM
devilicious
dream

Nature: Modest
I'll be fast here.

Kanto: Nice, but not that much.

Johto: Useless, could be forgotten.

Hoenn: I like the Regis.

So I vote for Hoenn.

~ | there is no need to be upset.
Old November 7th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Digiko
The l33t lurker!!!

Send a message via AIM to Digiko Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Digiko
Huuhh.. uhm, probably Johto's. I thought they were pretty unique, and I like alot of Pokemon from that generation.
Why do I float up to that sky, like the winds and clouds
Without wings, why...? I sink into that night which engulfs all... Like a star, like the moon, without wings, ah...
Old November 7th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Gyarados Girl
Atrocious

Kanto, I generally prefer the original 151 pokemon to the others. (Not to say I don't like some newer ones, as I do.)

In my personal opinion, the original pokemon were better thought out in general. The style of drawing is also generally better than the newer ones.

Blah! That last sentence may be somewhat poorly worded, but I think the idea was conveyed.
Old November 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM
oranda
Beginning Trainer

I prefer Johto.. No huge reason, but if the question is which generation of anime show (I don't watch it much) I'd say Kanto.
Eilish

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl info!! (not a trick link, seriously)

My Pokemon:

Thanks Swizzler121

Shadow Lugia by Dark Trainer Piro

Pokemon Eggs:

This'll hatch when I hit 150 posts.

My dragon egg.
Old November 7th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Supreme Edgeboy Max
alphabet tour

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Supreme Edgeboy Max Send a message via Skype™ to Supreme Edgeboy Max
Johto. I love the Pokemon generation in it.

Ampharos
Lugia
Raikou
Crobat

Whoo... there's more!
are you enjoying the time of eve?
Old November 8th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Eirikr
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eirikr
I remember getting r/b, but compared to hoenn, I am dissapointed, so hoenn

I will catch poochyena!
Old November 8th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Ibuberu
prepare yourself pls

Nature: Relaxed
I voted for Hoenn!!

There's so many things there,secret bases,contests,berry blending,contests(I said that twice right??I love contests!!)and most of my all time fav. pokemon are there!
Swampert/Mudkip/Marshtomp!
Gardevoir/Ralts/Kirlia!!
Swellow and Tailow.
Spoink,Grumpig.Beautifly...
And of course...Feebas!!!!XD

t e n h e r o e s

fanfiction//livejournal
Old November 8th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Cybex Mewtwo
Someone's angry. :/

Hoenn. why? for my main man Registeel.

Pair: blue eyes white dragon / Rival: punkhobbitqueen / Sisters: Suki - blue flygon / Son: Ultimate Latios / Godchild: Mitzykitty / Evil twin: Yami's Girl / Twin: Abskull (and Miss May) / Triplets: Dark Magician ruler and 00Zero / Hero to: Blue Eyes White Dragon, Agent9 and Chibi-chan / Brother: !~Dark Forte.EXE~! / Daughter: tohru-honda / Pet Wolf: Wolf Godess / Aunt: angel
Old November 8th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Shiny Meganium
Meganium trainer

Well, Johtos are my favourite, but there are more Kanto pokemon.
My cousin: The marvellous MariaJet
Go, Trapinch!
Banner by me!
Old November 8th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3

Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
Most of my favorites are from Kanto, so...
~Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis of The Cave of Dragonflies

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old November 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM
master chuckle

All generations have their pros and cons.
Kantoome fantastic creations, and the generation that started it all. However, the region itself was a bit bland, and the show was cheesy back in those days[though humourous to an extent]
Johto: I absolutley love the pokemon there, but their arn't enough of them, and there are too many babies. Also, I never got to play GSC
Hoenn: Love it! Great region, great characters, great games, great anime. Even though my favourite pokemon are all from here, there are a lot of crap creations, like Nosepass, volbeat, Marshtomp, Luvdisc, and Clamperl.
To cut a long story short, I love all 3 equally.
Old November 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Vapreon
Unique Rocker

My favourite is Kanto, even though we are discussing... OK, so what was wrong/right about Johto?
Paired with Dawg 2005!
Old November 8th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Just one? But...but...Snorlax, Ninetales, Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Victreebel, Mew...Shuckle, Houndoom, Wobbuffet, Umbreon, Espeon Celebi and Dunsparce...Cradily, Feebas, Milotic, Mudkip, Svampert, Spoink, Latias...there are so many great pokmon in every generation! I love them all! *Huggles all pokmon* I love them to different extents though...Spinda, Nosepass, and the Regi trio? I love those five like I love snow in my shoes and arsenik in my tea...which, in case you didn't guess it, isn't very much.

Meh, I still voted Hoenn...hey, I'm only human you know! How am I supposed to say no to Cradily and Milotic?
Featured Theme: Patchouli Knowledge (Touhou Project)
Provided by and jointed with: Phani
Best viewed together, profile customization still in progress

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old November 8th, 2005, 03:21 PM
RSL
RaikouSpecialLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego
Just one? But...but...Snorlax, Ninetales, Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Victreebel, Mew...Shuckle, Houndoom, Wobbuffet, Umbreon, Espeon Celebi and Dunsparce...Cradily, Feebas, Milotic, Mudkip, Svampert, Spoink, Latias...there are so many great pokmon in every generation! I love them all! *Huggles all pokmon* I love them to different extents though...Spinda, Nosepass, and the Regi trio? I love those five like I love snow in my shoes and arsenik in my tea...which, in case you didn't guess it, isn't very much.

Meh, I still voted Hoenn...hey, I'm only human you know! How am I supposed to say no to Cradily and Milotic?
Remember, I said you could have mixed gener's if you wanted, for all those equal people here in PC, okay?
Proud Supporter of Pearlshipping! (Ash+Dawn)

I currently own a Lv 50 shiny Nidoking, Infernape, and Togekiss!
Spoiler:
In case you must know, Nidoking is legit and the other two I used AR.

Join the Dawn Fan Club NOW!

My Rules for My Pogeys:
I reserve the Hidden Power attack to legendary Pogeys only; every one of them must have this move.
If a move has a base power of 60 or more, it's good. 55 is okay.
I only use uberish moves like Hydro Pump if the user's ATK/SP. ATK is less than 105.
I reserve the Fire Blast attack to legendary Pogeys that can learn it.
If you use anything I have above, copy and paste them into your signature.
Old November 8th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Axe Canabrava
shiny Dragonite

I go with Kanto for one reason: Dragonite. I have favorites in all generations (Scizor... Xatu... Gardevoir... Absol... Marowak... Starmie), but D'Nite and Mew tipped the balance on favor of the original 151.

Trainer card by Shadow Scizor \o/
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
Oooh~ um... let's see. X3;;;;

Kanto - They were the originals... and there was Pikachu. :x But... ; They're not particularly appealing. x_x;
Johto - I liked these ones! They always struck as me as... different from the others. X3;;;;
Hoenn - Maybe it's just my love for the RSE games... but... oooh, they were NICE.

But I still vote Johto, for... no reason. <<; +stupid+ I just like them a bit better.
PON PON WAY WAY WAY

あの交差点で皆がもしスキップをして もしあの町の真中でてを繋いで空を見上げたら
Old November 9th, 2005, 09:46 AM
master chuckle

I can't believe so few people voted mixed regions, it was the most versatile option.
Alter Ego, I'm glad to see you agree with me. And I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who hates Nosepass. That loathsome excuse for a critter makes my eyes burn. Maybe we should be freinds.
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chairman Kaga
Kanto, hands down. It has the best balance of all types, not counting minor things like Bug, Ghost, and Dragon, which have never shown their full potential through too few pokemon of the types with good attacks throughout the three generations, and the completely superfluous Dark and Steel types, which were created only so sell GS to "lolz elements" kids who care more about variety than quality. Sentimentality aside, the Kanto pokemon are the standards of the game, have been, and always will be in my opinion. They have the most balanced starters, legendaries, and movepools among pokemon of certain types that really allow someone to make almost any team and have it be competitive with anyone else's team. You get ripped off on various types in the other two games, i.e. fire and electric in RSE, dragon, ghost, and ice in GSC. All the new attacks in the world won't matter if there aren't the pokemon to handle them. The elegant basicness of the RBY pokemon gives a feeling of confidence to any player, new or veteran, when they battle, and any of you who were around when pokemon first debuted have to admit, 150 was more than enough at the time.

Old November 12th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Torchic_and_Pichu
Trainer

If you mean to only have those Pokemon, Hoenn.
If you mean to actually LIVE there, Hoenn.

So, I voted Hoenn because it is my favourite.
I love Pokemon!!!

Anyone want a friend? I'm happy to be yours! :D

- Fire Egg
- Flight Egg
Fire Egg and Flight Egg thanx to Kai_the_Master!!

Name: Seraphi
Hatches at: 159
Eggs by ZephyrPlusle

I'm part of the Shiny Hunter's Club!!!

Current Shinies:
None

Shinies hunting for:
, &
Old November 12th, 2005, 07:50 AM
jc_rcw
:God:

My favorite region is Johto, so I'll choose Johto.

Old November 12th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

Quote:
I can't believe you're my brother, why you may ask? And that's because you hate spinda Well, anyway...

This is one of the hardest questions around. There are so many pokemon I love. Mew, latias, dunsparce, shuckle, cradily, milotic, feebas, swampert, togetic, delibird, misdreavus, steelix, magnemite, magneton, bellsprout, weepinbell, victreebell, bulbasaur, totodile and jirachi, only to mention a few...

Even though cradily is my absolutely favourite pokemon, most hoenn pokemon came as a dissapointment for me, so I'll have to choose kanto. Not only does it contain many of my favourite pokemon, but I also love the music and the region itself.
Old November 12th, 2005, 08:19 AM
QT Plusle
I'm baaaack! ^^

Send a message via AIM to QT Plusle
Although I love all the kanto pokemon...I couldn't live without plusle and mudkip! So I voted Hoen!
x/( Claims: Daisuke Niwa + Satoshi Hiwatari + Tidus + Kaoru Hitachiin )/x

D.N.Angel love~!
My sister's reptile site + Signature by me + Avatar by me too +
~Son: The Solitary Angel~
Old November 12th, 2005, 10:44 AM
flashfox
Beginning Trainer

Kanto. It has Aritcuno, Ninetales, Jolteon, Eevee, Snorlax, Starmie, Dragonite.. good to make a netbattle team, and good to have in general, i guess.

or i'm just old skool.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here