The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Advertise here

Old November 10th, 2005, 05:48 PM
prolific_rhapsody
Paradox in Paradigm

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Yeah, another one! Here we go:

Quote:
Grunt A: "Ewww!"

Grunt B: "I know, it's pretty ugly."

Grunt A: "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh... what do we do now?"

Grunt B: "Good grief! Clean up the mess before the Boss finds out!"

Grunt A: "But what if the Boss comes in right now and finds out that we've lost the key to the safe? Then I'll be kicked out of Team Rocket! Or worst... oh the Boss will kill me a thousand times for that!"

Grunt B: "As quick as a crafty Ninjask! We must find the key!"

Grunt B: "Hey! I thought I told you to find it immediately! Gosh, you Slowbro!"

Grunt A: "I can't see anything! It's too dark!"

Grunt B: "Try to light the fire then!"

Grunt A: "But what if... the Boss... ?"

Grunt B: "(Darn it you're paranoid) Just hurry it up!"

Grunt A: "Ok, ok... The Boss!"

Grunt B: "What are you- Boss!"

Rocket Boss: "So, what should I do to those who lost the key to the safe?"
The words that are bold and underlined are ALL the figures of speech and stylistic devices that I could find. I found nineteen personally.

I am shooting for that bonus point...

"What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be
fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five.
"
[Alanis Morissette].

Last edited by prolific_rhapsody; November 10th, 2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Yamato-san
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to Yamato-san
I'm not exactly sure what a "stylistic device" is, but judging by the name, I think it's something to kinda spice up the speaking and the writing, like an exclamation (ex. Hey!) or, judging by your clue, a type of unique punctuation, maybe even use of things like parenthesis. Looking through it again, it looks like I was off by a couple, so I'm changing my answer to 24.

1. "Ewww!"
2. "pretty ugly"
3. "Oh my gosh"
4. "oh my gosh"
5. "oh my gosh"
6. "..."
7. "Good grief!"
8. "Clean up the mess"
9. "kicked out"
10. "Or worst" (sometimes when people say this, they exaggerate)
11. "..."
12. "kill me a thousand times"
13. "quick as a crafty Ninjask"
14. "Hey!"
15. "Gosh"
16. "you Slowbro!"
17. "light the fire" (the grunt could've had a lighter, but it could've also been a metaphor for a flashlight)
18. "..."
19. "..."
20. "("
21. "Darn it"
22. "you're paranoid"
23. ")"
24. "..."
25. "-"

Last edited by Yamato-san; November 10th, 2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Oh I see, you counted the repeated devices too. I thought that you found 24 different ones. I was like "... WOAH!?" XD;

Time's up! Excluding repetitions of the same devices, there are...

Grunt A: "Ewww!"- onomatopia (description of sound)

Grunt B: "I know, it's pretty ugly."- oxymoron (two words of completely opposite meaning, side by side with each other in order to convey an idea)

Grunt A: "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh... what do we do now?"- repetition (repeating the same words/phrases), elipsis (omitting certain words), euphemism (substituition of word/s with other word/s that will normally have no meaning in order to reduce the offensive nature of the original word/s), perissologia (fault of unnecessary wordiness)

Grunt B: "Good grief! Clean up the mess before the Boss finds out!"- alliteration (repetition of consonants as the first letters in words)

Grunt A: "But what if the Boss comes in right now and finds out that we've lost the key to the safe? Then I'll be kicked out of Team Rocket! Or worst... oh the Boss will kill me a thousand times for that!" foreshadow (hinting an upcoming event), verbal irony (exaggeration)

Grunt B: "As quick as a crafty Ninjask! We must find the key!" simile (explicit comparison)

Grunt B: "Hey! I thought I told you to find it immediately! Gosh, you Slowbro!" metaphor (implicit comparison)

Grunt A: "I can't see anything! It's too dark!"

Grunt B: "Try to light the fire then!" Assonance (alliteration on the first sound in words)

Grunt A: "But what if... the Boss... ?"

Grunt B: "(Darn it you're paranoid) Just hurry it up!" Parenthesis (interruption of the natural flow)

Grunt A: "Ok, ok... The Boss!"

Grunt B: "What are you- Boss!"

Rocket Boss: "So, what should I do to those who lost the key to the safe?" erotema (rhetorical question)

There are 14 different devices used at least (I didn't count the really absurd ones that are a specific type of another device, with the exception of simile/metaphor. Simile is a type of metaphor, technically. I showed perissologia, and repetition is technically a type of perissologia too.) Technically there are a few more, but I didn't do a very good job of showcasing them, so I didn't bother with it.

The closest answer is Eventidemjj, with Yamato-san getting the next.

Breezy: 0
Charon-chan: 0
Dragonfree: 2 (1+1)
Eventidemjj: 4 (2+2)
Light Azumarill: 0
Yamato-san: 1 (0+1)

Ok, this one is all about writing now, and not grammar knowledge. Let's see how good you can write!

Question #4- Write a short paragraph that's pacted with details about Rattata in any style you want using exactly 60 words! At a very minimum, the paragraph must talk about these 4 points:
-Rattata's most famous attack is the Hyper Fang.
-Rattata's evolved form is Raticate.
-Rattata is a common capture target for beginning trainers.
-The Rattata family rarely appears in today's Pokemon fanfics.
If you can, you may add additional details about Rattata and/or Raticate in your paragraph.

Note: As a guideline, the 4 short sentences above have a total of 31 words.

Additional note: You may make up any details about Rattata as you like (such as its habitat, food source, etc), as long as it is within reasons and does not contradict the Pokemon Game canon (for example, saying that Raticate is a water type is obviously a contradiction against the canon.)

Have fun =D

Last edited by Frostweaver; November 11th, 2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old November 11th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
Rattata, despite being the first capture of many Pokmon trainers, is not a common sight in the Pokmon fanfiction of today; it is at the most possessed by an occasional Youngster (Rattata being practically the trademark of a weak trainer). Otherwise Rattata and its evolution Raticate themselves are of less interest to authors than their famous Hyper Fang signature move.

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old November 11th, 2005, 07:01 PM
prolific_rhapsody
Paradox in Paradigm

Yeah! Let's Go:

Quote:
Rattata (pronounced 'Rat-uh-taht'), the normal type pokmon, is legendary in the fact that it is one of the most commonly captured pokmon by beginning trainers, mainly in the outskirts of Pallet Town. This pokmon's most largely known attack is "Hyper Fang." This move is more common among "Raticate," Rattata's evolved form. This pokmon family isn't featured in many fanfics today.
There's my entry, exactly sixty words (rat-uh-taht being one word)! I wouldn't miss this for the world!
Is it just me, or is it that when the work got hard, everyone left?

fine fine fine
"
[Alanis Morissette].

Last edited by prolific_rhapsody; November 11th, 2005 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I needed to add something.
Old November 11th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Yamato-san

Is it acceptable to describe a scene as opposed to a data entry of some kind?

The young trainer released his Squirtle upon encountering Rattata, Raticates unpopular pre-evolution. Squirtle tried tackling its opponent, but missed. Rattatas front fangs glowed white before jumping at Squirtle to bite into its arm. Squirtles eyes and mouth momentarily glowed white before a small explosion came from its mouth. Rattata fled, and Squirtle sat, mouth smoking, half its life force depleted.

Doing an exact number of words is hard. BTW, "pre-evolution" counts as one word, right?
Old November 12th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Pre-evolution counts as one word. You can also use that prose instead of data entry, but you didn't include all of the 4 points. Shouldn't be hard to squeeze in the detail about Rattata being a common capture target for new trainers, but I'm not sure how you can add in the fact about fanfics. Fix it if you can/want to.

I'll leave this question for a day longer to see if they really are avoiding it due to diffuculty XD;
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Yamato-san

um.... I thought the fact that it's a "young" trainer with a starter Pokemon was enough to emphasize that. I would've said "new Squirtle", but you know, I'm really hard-pressed on word-usage there.
Old November 12th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Light_Azumarill
Danny Phantom!

Send a message via AIM to Light_Azumarill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Light_Azumarill Send a message via Yahoo to Light_Azumarill
Fwee! XD

"Rattata scurried quickly in the underbrush, purple fur blending with the shadowed spots. In his mouth, his prey, which he had subdued using Hyper Fang, a famous attack. He was quick; beginning trainers loved his kind, though rarely they mentioned them in stories. Popping his head up he noticed a Raticate. Someday, he too would evolve into that striking creature."

Hopefully, 'stories' can be construed as 'fanfics'. It's kinda hard for a Rattata to know about fanfiction. ^-^; Though, if it's not, I could change it I suppose.

Getting it exactly 60 words was hard; I started out with 74! XD
Old November 12th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Dragonfree

Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
Heh, mine was originally 69 and had a bit about the Youngster who possess Rattata usually being defeated by the main character. Had to take that out.

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old November 14th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Going to be away for a week or so, and hopefully no longer than that... sorry guys
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Light_Azumarill
Danny Phantom!

Send a message via AIM to Light_Azumarill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Light_Azumarill Send a message via Yahoo to Light_Azumarill
Nooo! Now I shall be left in suspense!! ;_;

Oh well, have a good time wherever you're going! 'Tis the season to be gone a lot. ^-^
Old November 20th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Ok I finished with Lily's birthday present now, so I can come back for the game ; Sorry everyone.

Now for the last question... Going to look at the entry format first, then the story format answers. Since it is a lot easier to do this question by entry, I'm going to side with the story format ones a little more... let's see how this goes.

Dragonfree: 6 pieces of information (2 extra: first capture, trademark of a weak trainer)

Eventidemjj: 7 pieces of information (3 extra: pronunciation, location, type)

Now the story formats...

Light-Azumarill: mentioned 5 details (1 extra: purple fur) which is hard for the story format. However, the sentence about the prey being subdued by Hyper Fang lacks a verb and is an incomplete sentence...

Yamato-san: focused probably half of the word counts on the strength and the effect of hyper fang. Sadly, the point about Rattata being unpopular in fanfic isn't as obvious as Lighht_Azumarill's, and there's no extra information.

Therefore...

Quote:
Dragonfree: 2
Eventidemjj: 5 (4+1)
Light Azumarill: 1 (0+1)
Yamato-san: 2 (1+1)
No one is an obvious winner, so I awarded 1points instead.

Question #5
Look at the character profile below. Through the literary device of stereotyping, choose any Pokemon of your choice for this character and explain why your choice of Pokemon is a good *companion* for this character.

Name: Philip
-He lives in an abandoned lighthouse, alone
-The lighthouse is facing the sea, with a forest and a swamp nearby
-The region is humid. It rains very often.

Income: little

Hobby: Star gazing, garden planting, writing letters to his friends faraway

Physical abilties: not handicapped, but has some problems with bending over

Other information
-Relies on his own garden to survive
-The lighthouse feels surprisingly creepy lately...
-Owns a Miltank exclusively for MooMoo Milk
-Wants another Pokemon because he feels lonely
Old November 20th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Yamato-san

Exeggcute. It could've originated from the nearby forest, and being a grass-type, it thrives on the humidity. The old man likes having them around because, being seeds, they represent his love of gardening, and since there's six of them, they easily solve his loneliness.
Old November 21st, 2005, 08:43 AM
Light_Azumarill
Danny Phantom!

Yay! I got a point! *does happy dance* Man... that sentence had no verb... o.o Must've cut it out when I tried to make it short enough. Oops. ; Anyway, about the new one...

I would say Volbeat.

Here's my reasons:

Volbeat are electric pokemon. Thus, the scary and old lighthouse would not be as creepy with its electric light-up abilities.

They also can fly; which means that they can help the old man pick up things so he would not have to bend over. Not to mention they can fly his letters to far off places.

As for the gardening, Volbeat is a bug pokemon. It may not be a grass pokemon with roots or vines or flowers or something, but it can help polinate, and perhaps attact others to the flowers/plants.

Eh, that's all I could think of. Seems to fit pretty good to me. Man, I had to think forever though... kept wanting to put down Ivysaur, but I really wanted to include the electric thing. I personally find the dark really creepy. O.O
Old November 23rd, 2005, 12:24 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I personally really liked Volbeat as the answer because it's the closest to the answer I have in my mind (of course there maybe better answers compare to the one I have), but Volbeat isn't an electric type. Yes it's a shape that we have ANOTHER bug/flying, but what's what Volbeat is. Volbeat seems to be better than Exeggcute because Light Azumarill's answer covers the point about the creepiness of the tower and also help with the pick up. Exeggcute comes in 6s which is definitely creative for the loneliness matter, but Volbeat can also send letters so these two unique points kind of cancels each other out.

If it's not for the incorrect information about Volbeat, I would have given it to Volbeat ;

In case of curiosity, my answer in mind is Ledian. It can do everything Volbeat can do (including the usage of Flash to help against the creepiness, or if necessary, fight the ghost with its elemental punches/psybeam), but its pokedex entry also reflect a closer relationship to star gazing. The fact that Ledian draws energy from stars give the impression that Ledian is rather energetic at the night time, and usually an energetic pet is a great companion against loneliness. So, Ledian will be my answer.

Quote:
Eventidemjj: 5
Light Azumarill: 2 (1+1)
Yamato-san: 4 (2+2)
Question #6
The police, represented by Officer Jenny in the Pokemon World most of the time, usually uses Growlithe as their Pokemon of choice. The hospital, represented by Nurse Joy, uses Chansey and Blissey most of the time as well. There are several episodes concerning Firefighters in the Pokemon anime, and Captain Eden uses the Squirtle family there. The Postal office uses Pidgey as carrier pigeons in one episode as well. Every profession seems to have a Pokemon of their choice to assist them in their work.

What will make a good Pokemon helper for a lumberjack? Explain your choice.

Note: In the anime, Scyther, Machoke, Rhydon, Electabuzz and Pinsir have been seen before in a few episodes to assist in wood cutting and moving the lumber around in a Kanto/Orange Islands episode. Farfetch'd is also used to make charcoal within Jhoto, in the game and in the anime. Use this piece of information if you can't think of any suitable candidates, but you still have to explain your choice.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yamato-san

よ~っし!追いつけたね。気をつけろう、エヴェンチデムジ、直ぐに一番ランキングが俺様の物から。
Basically, I just said "Alright! I'm catching up. Better watch your a** Eventidemjj, 'cause the top rank will soon be mine."

So, you're looking for one specific lumberjack partner, right? In that case, I think some of the things the anime used, like Scyther and Machoke, would be horrible without being partnered up with another Pokemon. Sure, Scyther can cut trees, it'd be awfully difficult to help carry them, wouldn't it? Machoke, meanwhile, has the carrying strength, but no cutting abilities (unless you consider punching the tree to fall down, which would only mess up the bottom of the trunk and waste some of the wood due to the rough chipping where it was punched, as opposed to what a perfect, straigth cut can do). Same goes for those others. With that in mind, I think the solution would be to find a Pokemon that's capable of both making clean cuts and lifting the log.

Celebi could use psychic abilities to lift, but it doesn't look like it'd be a very great cutter despite learning the technique in the games. Plus, it's a legendary, so there's no chance of it working with common lumberjacks, especially considering it's perceived as a guardian god of the forest, and lumberjacking kinda destroys the forest. I think any one of the fully-evolved grass-type starters would be perfect for the job, but which specific one is a different matter. They all seem big and strong, and they can make a clean cut with use of a well-aimed Razor Leaf or Leaf Blade. But Sceptile's not overly bulkey, so it may not be as well-suited for lifting the trees, plus, it would be near impossible for it to make a clean cut if Leaf Blade doesn't perform as it does in the anime (where leaves merge into a single blade... remember, if games, anime, and manga can have conflicting portrayals of a single technique, even to the point of being inconsistent in the same medium, the of course fanfic writers can portray it in several different ways).

All that leaves is Venusaur and Meganium. Hard to say out of those two, they both can use Razor Leaf to cut, they're both pretty bulky, and they both have Vine Whip to lift the trees (they can both learn Frenzy Plant as well, if they wanted to go for overkill). Looking at their bodily structure, Venusaur has the larger legs that look like they'd hold up more weight, however, it's also supporting a huge flower on its back, so it's possible it could over-strain itself more easily than Meganium if it were to carry even more weight (oddly enough, the Pokedex lists Meganium as being just barely heavier than Venusaur.... but then, Pokedex info is quite questionable at times). So, I think I might go with Meganium in the end.
Old November 24th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Act
Let's Go Rangers!

Um... I was just reading through, and...

Quote:
your answer would have been accepted for 1 point if it isn't for "...." Ellipsis are either 3 dots, or 6 dots depending on what country you live in, however, I strongly doubt that 4 dots are also used for the ellipsis. I checked encarta and they don't show .... as a valid way to write the ellipsis either. So, sorry!
That's not true. Four dots is acceptable, or so I learned... sometime. I know this was a while ago, but it confused me. I would have said six dots is ridiculous, but obviously it's been done. I remeber learning that you use four dots to end a paragraph, and three elsewhere. I'm not sure what Breezy's context was, but I juts thought I'd throw that out there.

original work
^click
fanfic
^click
livejournal

^click
deviantart
^click

with a mouth full of teeth, you ate all your friends
and you broke every heart thinking every heart mends

Old November 27th, 2005, 10:12 AM
prolific_rhapsody
Paradox in Paradigm

Sorry I haven't been on here, had a busy thanksgiving. I will not be able to get on today, so I hate to, but I think I'm gonna miss this question too, sigh. Will be on tomorrow, though. See Ya!

EDIT TO ADD: 12-4-2005, 5:21 PM E. time *adding onto this post because I didn't want to double post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato-San
よ~っし!追いつけたね。気をつけろう、エヴェンチデムジ、直ぐに一番ランキングが俺様の物か ら。
Basically, I just said "Alright! I'm catching up. Better watch your a** Eventidemjj, 'cause the top rank will soon be mine."
Heh, not on your life, sport. My a** is made of steel! I'm back on now, so FEAR ME! Just Kidding...

Where's Frosty?
It's been a few days since his last post... Although I am thankful because that gives me time to finish this question.

fine fine fine
"
[Alanis Morissette].

Last edited by prolific_rhapsody; December 3rd, 2005 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Needed to add something
Old December 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM
pokejungle
cherяubi яed

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to pokejungle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokejungle Send a message via Yahoo to pokejungle
Originally I was thinking that we could just have a pokemon hold axe...but I'll go on just their inate abilities.

My selection would be Alakazam. First off, it would appear as if it wouldn't do too well for cutting the trees in the first place, but I delved a bit deeper into its strengths. Iron tail would be the perfect move to fell a tree, for multiple reasons. Alakazam's speed would be bringing down the attack at extreme speeds, and you need to remember that iron tail is a steel type attack...comparable to a blade. Especially with Alakazam's small, but streamlined tail. In my view, trees would go down with one swift hit.

Then you've got to help your trainer move them somewhere, of course. That's where physical strength is left for a better solution: its psychic abilities. In the metagame, and in the "Pokemon World", it's renowned for having psy power above and beyond the average psychic pokemon. Ample energy to carry one, or possibly up to three average sized tree logs.

On a final note, Alakazam's speed would again help it out, just in getting things done fast. It could also freeze a falling tree using psychic to help in a dangerous solution, and it wouldn't have to move to grab the tree...making a safer enviroment for those working around it.

Old December 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
DarkCharlie
Trainer

What will make a good Pokemon helper for a lumberjack? Explain your choice.

Scyther can use Cut really well, but Pinsir can too. Pinsir also looks as if it would be able to carry wood. Scyther looks weaker than Pinsir, even if they can use Cut (probably) more accurately. Pinsir.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 12:06 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I personally got Nidoqueen in mind.

It can cut (or use brick break) to cut the tree. It got strength to carry it. It got a very wide range of elemental attacks in stock for a lot of situations. Its type gives it a fair chance against most Pokemon that lives in a forest.

For Meganium, Vine whip can be used to hold the logs which is very true. The only disadvantage is that its type doesn't give it a very strong edge against the common bug/flying Pokemon that lives in the forest, should they ever attack cause their home is getting destroyed. Meganium does have access to Ancientpower to easily knock them down, but bugs are most likely in swarms and Ancientpower probably can't hold all of them at once...

Iron Tail can be very questionable. It just smashes the opponent according to *all* medium that shows it so far in manga, games or anime. Alakazam's tail is very small and we can all agree on that. So, what if the tail is shorter than the diameter of the tree log? >>; How effective it is in making a cut will be "interesting." Also, keep in mind that Alakazam got a very low strength to pull it off, too... Psychic powers will probably allow Alakazam to not just carry the logs, but simply teleport off with them if strong enough (if not, then just follow your method.) Alakazam is very powerful against the aggressive forest residents; all except Beedrill swarms, that is.

Pinsir isn't that much better than Scyther, and I personally think that Scyther is a terrible Pokemon for the job regardless of what the show says about it. It has an excellent cutting edge, but Pinsir will be pretty clumsy in carrying the wood (lol I got a mental image of Pinsir "dragging" the log by carrying one side of the log with the horns... doubt he can hold the entire thing with the horns or else he'll definitely lose balance when you're going uphill or downhill.) Again, weakness to flying with no access of abilities that hit flying types really don't help so much.

Alakazam and Meganium are both around the same in terms of usefulness, but I think that Yamato-san provides a better supporting statement as he considers all aspects of how effective a move will be in carrying the attack out.
Quote:
Eventidemjj: 5
Light Azumarill: 2
Yamato-san: 6 (4+2)
Katsuro: 1 (0+1)

*kicks start the game again*

Question #1 for 2006

Quote:
There are Pokemon that are definitely used more commonly than others in fanfics. Almost all the legendaries are all common sights in fanfics as the Pokemon characters. Why do you think that legendaries have all of this special attention in fanfics?
(winner is determined from their arguments and supportive statements)
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:43 AM
DarkCharlie
Trainer

I think that legendaries are common in fanfics because, in the games, most people want them. Also, some people like to base their fanfics on one Pokemon; maybe it makes it easier to write? Everyone likes the Pokemon Movies, which are also based on legendaries, so writers may try to do a Pokemon-Movie-ripoff. Legendaries are, though, special Pokemon; they are one of a kind, so some writers may think that it will make their fic exciting, regardless of wheter or not it actually works.
((No offense to anyone who writes about legendaries here!))
Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Dragonfree

Legendaries are popular in fics because they are more "interesting" than normal Pokmon, in the same way as politicians and other people in power are more "interesting" than normal people. A problem that concerns them is more of a problem, winning them over to your side is more of a feat, and being up against them is more of a threat. They make purer protagonists and more evil antagonists. It's like they carry an aura of exaggeration. Everything surrounding them is bigger, greater, better, graver. Nobody would want to read a story written in all seriousness about how a corrupt Rattata wants to take over the world, but if the Pokmon happens to be Mewtwo, it's a different story. The power and importance of the legendaries is therefore what makes them so popular, and undeniably effective, in fanfiction.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Sankari
...gone.

(time for me to start playing this crazy game)

Legendaries are most often used by the writers who, say...aren't creative. In every Pokemon game ever created, legendaries are symbols of rarity, power, and sometimes beauty. Things of these qualities are interesting subjects to all of us, even if they are used over and over until they are worn and torn--even if they lose their effect of appeal to matured reviewers. Authors of these fan fictions usually get their "ideas" from the Pokemon movies, which lean completely on legendaries. I can only assume that these writers think that they are being unique.

--Don't yell at me for not putting the accent over pokemon. I, uh...don't know how O.O
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here