Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM
Yamato-san
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 28
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Yamato-san
well.... legendaries are pretty much gods in the Pokemon world. Everyone of them is stronger than average Pokemon in some way (the anime and manga probably exaggerate their strength to an extent, but in the games, their stats really are like that regardless. The reason I use the term "in some way" is because in the games, some legendaries can absolutely suck in one aspect, like Registeel's offense, or Deoxys Normal Form and Attack Form's defense, but they excel in other categories, and their base stats combined still earn them a spot among the top tier Pokemon). Several of them are supposedly one-of-a-kind and have an eternal lifespan, judging by the fact that they've been around since the world's beginnings (the immortality issue was actually brought up about Mew, and in essence, Mewtwo, in the Birth of Mewtwo radio drama). And as a direct result of that, as well as how big of a role they played in the earth's history, nearly all cultures based tales and mythology surrounding them, which is why they're considered "legendary" in the first place.

Since pretty much everyone heard about them in said legends, there are those who seek them and wish to claim their powers as their own. This can be done through either a noble trainer protagonist striving to rightfully gain a legendary as a friend and partner, or an antagonist attempting to kidnap the Pokemon and force it into its arsenal. Sometimes, it's not just because they're strong that they seek legendaries, but it could also be because the legendaries have a unique power that no other Pokemon have which the character needs for something, like Houou's ressurection abilities, or Celebi's time-travelling (which, incidentally, was all the antagonist of the Special manga's GSC saga was really after), or Kyogre and Groudon's capabilities of forming the planet itself (which is exactly what Team Aqua and Magma based their goals on).

The reason legendaries almost always play a part in stories is because.... well, it's just kinda hard not to. With the world's culture, a mention of at least one legendary is bound to sneak in their somehow, and with their rarity and capabilities which could affect the entire planet, it's just so easy to make them a goal for certain characters, or to make them be a major character themselves in their own right (ex. a legendary becoming an antagonist, or assisting the protagonist), or something else that leaves your story with the impression of "this is big". That's not to say it's impossible to leave them out entirely... surely, quite a few Dragon Ball fanfics leave out the mystically powerful and highly-seeked Dragon Balls entirely (which, by halfway into DBZ, had become little more than a plot convenience to resurrect dead characters). Hell, it's possible to make your own canon, either leave out these Pokemon and legends surrounding them entirely, or water down their importance by making them nothing but a species, not one-of-a-kind, but just a little rarer and stronger than most Pokemon (you could make them as common and weak as a Magikarp, too, but I think that'd be overkill).
  #52    
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:49 PM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Last day I did type up the stuff but then the forum won't let me post it (it just keeps loading and loading and never finish... ; )

I'm surprised how no one mentioned that most legendaries have a background made in advance to work with. Hardly any non-legendary Pokemon have any sense of background or an origin to where they come from, and it allows writers to have something to work with instead of some random creature. Most applicable one to this case is Mewtwo.

Quote:
Breezy: 0
Charon-chan: 0
Dragonfree: 3 (2+1)
Eventidemjj: 5
Light Azumarill: 2
Yamato-san: 7 (6+1)
Katsuro: 1 (0+1)
Spoony-chan: 0
Darkcharlie: 0
(btw Yamato-san, in the game some legendaries just suck in comparison to fellow OU no matter how you look at it... *cough*Entei*cough*)

Question #2
Change the mood of following quote from sadness to joy.
-you may use any narrative manner, from any characters' perspective, or change the narrative to script
-your focus must be on Joshua and his loss in his final round of the Pokemon League
-the concept of hopes and dreams cannot be taken out from your edit
Quote:
Joshua's parents tearfully looked on at their young lad, surrounded by all of his friends, laying their hands on Joshua's shoulders in sympathy. Joshua's faithful Croconaw leaned weakly against the wall, condemning her inability to claim victory over her opponent for the final battle.

It is an undeniable truth that for every Pokemon master made in Indigo Plateau, millions have failed at their life long dream. Joshua lad cannot escape from this ill fate, as he kneeled down in defeat against this year's new champion. He was so close to his dreams! Yet, they were snatched away...

Last edited by Frostweaver; January 4th, 2006 at 06:06 PM.
  #53    
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Sankari's Avatar
Sankari
...gone.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where old people come to die.
Age: 22
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver
Question #2
Change the mood of following quote from sadness to joy. *You cannot change the concept that Joshua has lost the battle!*
Do we alter the quote completely or do we add onto it? I'm sort of new to this game, obviously ;
I left...
  #54    
Old January 4th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Do whatever you want to the quote, but you can't change how he lost the battle. Of course, if by magic you barely alter anything and it still changes the mood, then that will score you the best points Or, if you changed everything yet the mood barely improves, then most likely someone else did a better job.

If the question didn't restrict you in how to alter it, change it however you want.
  #55    
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Dragonfree's Avatar
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Iceland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
Are we allowed to make the point of view that of Joshua's opponent?
~Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis of The Cave of Dragonflies

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
  #56    
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Yamato-san
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 28
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Yamato-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver
(btw Yamato-san, in the game some legendaries just suck in comparison to fellow OU no matter how you look at it... *cough*Entei*cough*)
Regardless of what legendaries suck, there's no denying that they have an extraordinarily high stat total in the games. Look at this list, you'll notice that every legendary has a base stat total that's 580 or above.

Anyway.... narrative, eh? Pass.
  #57    
Old January 4th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Sankari's Avatar
Sankari
...gone.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where old people come to die.
Age: 22
Gender:
Nature: Timid
I might have a chance at this

Joshua's parents thoughfully looked on at their young lad, surrounded by all of his dumb-struck friends, bowing their heads in simple disbelief and barely blinking their eyes from pure shock. Joshua's faithful Croconaw brought it's powerful body up, it's shaking limbs resisting but still stabbing a go at it.

Joshua looked away from his faithful friend, smothering tears in his right hand. How could all of his hardwork--all of those countless days of strenuous training--come down to this...? He shook his head, trying to shake it off. He tried to wake himself up from the painful dream--

He felt his jeans bound tightly around his right leg. His tears ceased their flow. Joshua looked down and saw the young Croconaw looking up to him with teary eyes...and a smile on her face. A smile...? Then Joshua realized the important thing about this battle. It wasn't about winning. It was about the companionship he had created in his Pokemon. His tears ran clear of joy as he stooped down and embraced his best friend.

That's the best I could do O.o It was difficult, but fun!
I left...
  #58    
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato-san
Regardless of what legendaries suck, there's no denying that they have an extraordinarily high stat total in the games. Look at this list, you'll notice that every legendary has a base stat total that's 580 or above.

Anyway.... narrative, eh? Pass.
high base stat, but no use for them if you can't move cause your speed just happens to be your lowest and your def is equally sub-par... legendaries' stats that are "average" really hurt even if the base stats are good. You really need to concentrate on base stats that work very well together, then you can even have the worst stats in the other categories, such as Deoxys-FR. Horrid defense worst than Rattata, but so what




Guess I should clarify my question a bit more... *edits question* I'll extend time and etc etc.
  #59    
Old January 5th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Dragonfree's Avatar
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Iceland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
The champion walked into the arena to shake hands with the new, young winner of the Pokmon League and hand him the trophy. He saw the boy jumping up and down in sheer joy, waving to his relatives. Then he eyed the other boy at the far side of the arena, who was in tears, surrounded by his friends and family who comforted him.

The champion smiled slightly. Joshua, the boy, most likely did not realize how lucky it was that he had been defeated; he must have hoped and dreamed of becoming champion for a long time. But now, the champion himself would have given anything to be in Joshua's position - a fresh, young trainer with his whole life ahead of him, having experienced the thrills of the League and, what was more important, learned from them. Of all the millions of trainers who had entered the Pokmon league four years ago, the champion thought to himself, he had been the one whose hopes and dreams came true; yet now, he felt that he had been the unluckiest of all those trainers. Now he knew that his battling skills had only robbed him of his childhood and friends. Joshua was a lucky boy.

He looked into the excited eyes of the new champion, and could not help feeling that the one who had lost to him was the bigger hero.
~Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis of The Cave of Dragonflies

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
  #60    
Old January 5th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Geometric-sama's Avatar
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
When's the deadline? I assume we're allowed to correct the grammar in the quote XD


"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
  #61    
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Amara
When's the deadline? I assume we're allowed to correct the grammar in the quote XD
Try "asap." Usually I go for one day deadline, and extend it only if I made a mistake in the question, or if there's less than 3 answers to the question.

Of course there is grammar mistake in the quote. I'm not dumping THAT much time in to make sure the quote that's soon to be corrected by all of you to be perfect. ;p
  #62    
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Yamato-san
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 28
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Yamato-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver's edit
-you may use any narrative manner, from any characters' perspective, or change the narrative to script
Ya don't say. Well, then... sorry if it's a bit lengthy. This is done in my usual style, scripted, faux transliterion, etc. And just in case no one's aware, Alligates=Croconaw.


Alligates: "ARIGE...!" [Flies backwards and gets imbedded into a stadium wall. Her eyes are shut.]

Joshua: [Steps forward, mouth gaping.] "Alligates!"

Alligates: "...ei..." [Falls to the ground.]

Referee: [Leans towards Alligates, observes for a moment, then holds up a flag.] "Alligates, unable to battle!"

[A silhouetted figure standing at the other side of the arena holds up a Monster Ball and uses a retrieval beam to return whatever Pokemon was battling against Alligates.]

Announcer: "Player Joshua is out! So, this year's tournament champion is...!"

Joshua: [Mouth still gaping. Stares wide-eyed at the arena.] "I..." [Collapses to knees.] "...lost?" [Lowers head and gets on his hands.]

[Over in the stadium stands, a small group of people are climbing over the railing into the arena. The group contains Joshua's friends, as well as a middle-aged couple, his parents.]

Friend: "Hey, Josh!" [Jumps down from the railing and runs towards Joshua.]

Alligates: "...arigeeeei..." [Slowly opens eye as the group runs past her towards Joshua. One of his friends, meanwhile, kneels down next to her.]

Mother: [Stops running and kneels down by Joshua.] "Joshua...?" [Puts hand against his shoulder.]

Father: "Are you alright?"

Joshua: "....gi...gi..." [Teeth and eyes clenched, body trembling. A couple tears roll off his face and onto the ground.] "Dammit!" [Punches the ground where the tears landed. His mother pulls her hand away in shock, then slowly puts it back on his shoulder as his body stops trembling.] "...so close... I... was so close. My hopes and dreams are..."

Father: "Don't say that!"

Mother: "That's right. You did your best."

Joshua: "Did my best...?" [Unclenches fist and spreads fingers across the ground. Lifts up head and calmly opens eyes.]

[Joshua's friend that knelt down next to Alligates is currently helping her up. She manages to stand back up, but holding her injured shoulder with her other hand. Someone suddenly shouts...]

???: "Nii-chan!"

[Joshua turns his head shortly before a little girl, his sister, runs up, jumps up to him while wrapping her arms around his neck, and hugs him. His mother immediately pulls her hand away and stands up after a moment. Joshua looks down at the girl confusedly.]

Sister: "Nii-chan's so cool! You placed second in the whole tournament!"

Joshua: [Widens eyes.] "Ah...?"

Sister: "You'll get first place some day, for sure!"

Joshua: [Looks down at his sister for a moment, then nods head.] "Yeah..." [Wraps hands around his sister's back.] "For sure."

[Joshua looks around him. One of his friends smiles and gives him a thumb-up. His father stands beside his mother, who's smiling and trying to wipe tears swelling up in her eyes, and has his hand on her shoulder. He too smiles towards his son.]

Alligates: [Slowly walks towards her trainer, still clenching shoulder. Stops in front of him and looks up at his face.] "Arigei." [Grins and nods toward him.]

[Joshua lets go of his sister, who stands up and backs away from her brother, and then leans towards his Pokemon to rub her chin.]

Alligates: [Closes eyes and purrs in enjoyment.] "Riiiii..."

[The sound of footsteps approach. Joshua stops, and everyone looks up to see the silhouetted trainer, who holds its hand out toward Joshua. Joshua stands up, looks at his former opponent, and slowly brings his hand towards the champion's while smirking. As soon as the hands meet, an outward view of the stadium is shown.]

Joshua (narration): "That's right... some day, I'll surely win. It's a promise."

Last edited by Yamato-san; January 5th, 2006 at 06:34 PM.
  #63    
Old January 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
prolific_rhapsody's Avatar
prolific_rhapsody
Paradox in Paradigm
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: An undisclosed piece of soil.
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Oh, MY, GOSH!!!!

I am really apologetic about not being on here. It's been rough, at home. Very hectic... I got grounded for two weeks in December, up 'til right before Christmas. No 'puter. PERIOD!!! But, that wasn't what I meant by rough. I'll probably say something later about it. *Sigh...*

...but I am DEFINITELY getting back on tomorrow, every day but Sunday. And I WILL BEAT YOU, YAMATO-SAN!!! I'll get my points back up, just you wait...

This was just a notification to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this.
I hope I'm not out of place posting it here.
See ya tomorrow.

"What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be
fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five.
"
[Alanis Morissette].

  #64    
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Just type your response if you want to eventidemjj XD; sometimes, people skip questions due to whatever reason and that's completely fine too.

Waiting for Jedi_Amara's response, eventidemjj's response and possibly Lily's response actually... because afterall, friends can get some biased help from time to time ;p (well, mainly it's that I'm not finish with the next question yet XD; )

Just one more day and we'll seriously move on *cough*
  #65    
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM
pokejungle's Avatar
pokejungle
cherяubi яed
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 川崎市
Age: 25
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to pokejungle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokejungle Send a message via Yahoo to pokejungle
...I'm attempting to actually edit the quote so that it's joyful. Everyone else seems to have just re-written everything. I'm willing to be the minority o.o;

Joshua's parents tearfully looked on at their young lad, surrounded by all of his friends, laying their hands on Joshua's shoulders in sympathy. Their tears were not only of sadness, but also of pride. Their little Josh had just lost...but lost against the Elite 4, a chance most trainers wouldn't even get! Meahwhile, Joshua's faithful Croconaw leaned weakly against the wall, condemning her inability to claim victory over her opponent for the final battle. Josh though, only hugged her and accepted what had happened. Another loss, another lesson. He hugged her once more, assuring her that their bond was one that would survive the outcome of any battle, important or not.

It is an undeniable truth that for every Pokemon master made in Indigo Plateau, millions have failed at their life long dream. Joshua couldn't escape from that ill fate, as he kneeled down in defeat against this year's new champion. He was so close to his dreams! Yet, they were snatched away... This was what he needed though, a stronger resolve to train. A stronger will to win. He looked up at the new champion, but only saw a challenge through eyes blurred with emotion. He smiled, admitted defeat, and started planning his trip to Jhoto.


Ok, that definitely wasn't my best work o_o; But~ that's what I want to submit XD How sad~


Last edited by pokejungle; January 6th, 2006 at 06:09 PM.
  #66    
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Lily's Avatar
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Joisey
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
Frosty, I'm not submitting an entry for this particular challenge... for, erm, personal reasons. =) So...I'll just wait until the next one, k?
  #67    
Old January 7th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Although I hold a very strong liking to Dragonfree's, but I honestly can't give anything for it... simply because the mood didn't change. It's just shifting the depressive light from Joshua to the champion instead. I liked that response more than any other ones though...

It was hard deciding who has the better response between Spoony-chan and Yamato-san, but due to the fact that Spoony-chan changed the original quote the least (I didn't consider the narrative change as a "change" but the fact that a new character is used in Yamato-san's response), Spoony-chan will be the one receiving the +2 instead.

Quote:
Breezy: 0
Charon-chan: 0
Darkcharlie: 0
Dragonfree: 3
Eventidemjj: 5
Katsuro: 1
Light Azumarill: 2
Lilypichu: 0
Spoony-chan: 0
Yamato-san: 8 (7+1)
Spoony~chan: 2 (0+2)

Question #3: Pokemon Battle Creativity

It is a double battle against a Pidgeot and a Donphan. The opponent unleash a combo of Donphan using Earthquake, while Pidgeot releases a powerful Air Cutter to hit any flying/levitating Pokemon. Following the listed requirements down below, use a creative way for your two Pokemon to negate/nullify/evade the Earthquake-Air Cutter combo.

Requirements

-Use any narrative to any desired length to answer the question.
-You may alter the effect, appearance or shape of any Pokemon attack, but it must be sensible and within reasons.
-A Pokemon may use any attack it can learn through natural level up, any TM, any HM, any move tutor in any 3rd generation game version and/or any breeding moves.
-"Tanking" the attacks is *not* a way of negative, evading or nullify the attack. Sending a Skarmory to "tank" the attacks does not answer the question.
-The opponent's Pokemon have already unleashed the attacks. Knocking Donphan and Pidgeout out asap will *not* solve the problem. However, if your method of blocking the attack will also knock out Donphan and Pidgeot, you may do so.
-Assume that both of your Pokemon has 24% of their max hp, or less. Abuse this knowledge to the best of your ability, which you probably need to do so.
-The arena is an outdoor, rocky battlefield.
-There is no natural breeze during the day of battle. No Pokemon attacks have altered the cloudy weather.
-You may use any Pokemon of your choice that isn't a legendary, but only one of your Pokemon can be a flying type or has the Levitate ability.
-You may attach any items on to your Pokemon.
-You cannot switch out any Pokemon, or use any items.

Background Information for those who aren't very familiar with Pokemon attacks.
-Both Earthquake and Air Cutter are multi-target attacks. "Follow Me" doesn't work.
-Both attacks cannot be negated by Taunt.
-There are items that activate its special effect when a Pokemon's hp drop below 25%... finding out about them will definitely help you.
-Both attacks can be negated by Detect and/or Protect, but how interesting of a battle can it be if one sides just abuse protect/detect over and over again?

Answer is judged depending on creativity. Answers that rely heavily on luck factor (ex: Air Cutter "misses" the Pokemon as its accuracy is only 85%) will score less than others.

Start your answer with Pidgeot and Donphan unleashing their combo, and immediately end your response when your Pokemon have successfully negated/evaded/nullified the combination attack.

Last edited by Frostweaver; January 7th, 2006 at 04:47 AM.
  #68    
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Sankari's Avatar
Sankari
...gone.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where old people come to die.
Age: 22
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Awesome. I won two points!

I'll pass this one. This isn't my sort of thing.
I left...
  #69    
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Yamato-san
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 28
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Yamato-san
the opposing Pokemon are a Flygon and a Sudowoodo. After Donphan and Pidgeot unleash their attacks, Flygon gets behind Sudowoodo and uses Gust. It causes an updraft (Updraft being the technique's Japanese name, for that matter), and the main purpose of this is to throw Sudowoodo (which is pretty friggin light as far as rock-types go) into the air. If it's strong enough, and manages to be blowing in the opposite direction of the Air Cutter blades (which, I can assume, are circular gusts of air powerful enough to take on a sharp, physical form), it may also score the bonus of completely negating Air Cutter. Flygon has a better chance of pulling off this bonus than any other (non-legendary) Pokemon with Gust, because its attack power is the highest out of all those Pokemon, allowing it to create a wind powerful enough, and should it fail, it also has a better chance of surviving than all those other Pokemon because it's not a bug-type or grass-type (several bug/flying-types and Tropius learn Gust), and its got somewhat decent defense (the only exception being Pelipper, but its attack power is horrid). For that matter, the Gust won't do much to Sudowoodo due to its rock-type and high defense.

Anyway, Sudowoodo's thrown up into the air, allowing it to miss the Earthquake, and when it's either above or very closely above the opponents, it uses a Rock Slide (either it forms the rocks itself or manipulates the rocky ground to hurl rocks up into the air before coming down). The type advantage should severely damage Pidgeot, but not so much Donphan. However, if Flygon managed to survive the Air Cutter, and if Donphan gets distracted by Sudowoodo, Flygon could just shoot a Dragonbreath towards it.
  #70    
Old January 8th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Geometric-sama's Avatar
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
ZOMG, I keep forgetting to come back to this thread x_x I will eventually *has been writing HP and Digimon fics* Sowwy Fwosty~ ;_;

*probably won't answer this question because I'm terrible at strategy*


"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
  #71    
Old January 8th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Dragonfree's Avatar
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Iceland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
I'm going to have a try at this; it sounds very fun.
~Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis of The Cave of Dragonflies

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
  #72    
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Frostweaver's Avatar
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I'll "assume" that Dragonfree is still thinking her gut out at that strategy question... so, instead of waiting forever, I'll hold that question on a pause, still keeping it open, but we'll be moving on at the same time.

Question #4- Fix and Condense!
-Fix all grammar mistakes in the following quote, without changing its content.
-Try to shorten the quote as much as possible (in terms of word count, and not character count)

Quote:
"Don't worry 2 much about it. Said the moderator, as she sighed in relief. "Certainly, im sure that there will be visitors here again, just like before. Pokemon won't just die off as if it is nothing, because itll creat great memories in everyone. Those people who remember Pokemon from the past will eventually find this last Pokemon forum there is, and they will make this place grow again from nothing! Your my friend and at least there's always me here to support you!"
  #73    
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Neko64's Avatar
Neko64
PC's Traveling Artist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In your best dreams and worst nightmares
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Neko64
Can I try? If so, then...

Quote:
"Don't worry to much about it." Sighed the moderator in relief. "I'm sure that there will be visitors here again. Pokemon won't just die off as if it is nothing. It'll create great memories in everyone. Those people who remember Pokemon from the past will eventually find this last Pokemon forum there is, and they will make this place grow again from nothing! Your my friend and at least there's always me here to support you!"

The Toddler Pokemon's Playground
  #74    
Old January 11th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Black Lotus's Avatar
Black Lotus
AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Finland
Age: 26
Gender:
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Black Lotus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Black Lotus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver
Alakazam is very powerful against the aggressive forest residents; all except Beedrill swarms, that is.
Sorry if we are not allowed to discuss these things here, but I didn't see you ban it.

I disagree here. Beedrill is a part poison-type Pokemon, which makes him weak against psychic-types. To add that, Twin Needle, his best weapon against psychic-types, requires physical contact. Alakazam could shove it away with Psychic or Psybeam to keep it away. The Beedrill would probably be KOed by few moves. Alakazam could also teleport away when Beedrill gets close and again attack from a distance. If there is a swarm of Beedrills, like you said, Psywave would be ideal for the multiple targets. And again, Alakazam could just teleport to safety (along with his trainer).

Thanks to razor for making the banner
  #75    
Old January 11th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Lily's Avatar
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Joisey
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
Is it possible, when condensing the paragraph, to alter the structure and some of the words? (As in, me => I'll, or just rearranging some parts)...so as long as it keeps the context (and does it have to be wholly specific?)

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:10 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.