The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should I add about Pokemon Fusions to the game?
Yes 19 57.58%
No 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 14th, 2005, 04:45 AM
tdata
Pokemon GX

Advertise here
I fixed the link. There are a few things that i guess i could do still...

People are stupid: given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full with knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid: they can't tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident that they can, and so they are all the easier to fool.
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
UPDATE

well i used that enemy hp thing tdata posted edited it a little and there ya go i got a enemy hp bar !!YAY!!

okay now for the screens all but the second one are kind of spoilers because on the second route in the game there is a cave called Orgin Cave(if anyone has a better idea for a cave name that will house all of the johto legends tell me and if i use it ill give credit). In this cave all of the johto legends....i know its prolly not a good idea but i liek it and you wont be able to get to it to the place where the ledgends are untill after you beat the elite 4 and get teh Silver and Rainbow Wing.. and the second pic is of the second town. Yea I NEED A NAME FOR THIS AND ALL OTHER TOWNS.

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt

Last edited by Minorthreat0987; December 1st, 2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Bruno1440
Fire TRainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Bruno1440
how have you edited the hp bar? and how have you done the hero's hp?

The Return Of Bruno1440!

Last edited by Bruno1440; November 15th, 2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:10 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [_DarkDragon_]
you've done a great job so far, if you want me to make names for cities and stuff just give me an idea of the location of the city (next to the sea, volcano, etc), the position on the map (North, South, East, West, Center), if it is a city /town/cave and what pokemons are found next to it. The more info you can give about the enviroment around and in the city the better XD
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old November 15th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

thanks for the comments guys it means a lot to me.......so far i have worked really hard on this game

DarkDragon- The first town is sort of on a big lake......(ill post a map in a few) its at the sort of the the middle of the region but over to the west a little.....um on route 1 the pokemon are caterpie,pidgey, rattata. in the first town up at thw northern part of the town is Wondertime Forest, which will have Celebi in it at the end of the game. Thats pretty much a the first town....... ill give info about the second town as soon as i post a map and stuff.....

Bruno- Were you askin me how i did that stuff or wat i really didnt understand....were you wondering how to do it and you wnat me to tell you or what?

My DeviantArt

Last edited by Minorthreat0987; November 15th, 2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Bruno1440
Fire TRainer

im asking how can i edit my hp bar like yours and how can i make a bar to hero like of the enemis!

The Return Of Bruno1440!
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

okay well it depends are you using blizzys starter kit if you are then ill pm you directions on how to edit everything for the hero bar.....and the enemy bar downloade the demo tdata gave on the other page and then he used this enemy bar script http://afantasy.no-ip.org/mainv1.php?page=hp_bar downloade the demo tho so you have the pictures needed and then for the rest of it just move around stuff......if you are infact usinf blizzys starter kit then ill pm more detail on how to do the stuff and ill pm you the hero script...(script needed for the hero bar)

and if you arent using blizzys kit im sorry i really cant help you see im a noob at scripting and i just editted scripts in the starter kit to get what i have so a lot of it depends on other scripts in the starter kit.....im sorry

any way here are the map screens i was gunna post....this first one is of the starter town. second screen is of the second town....and the third is of the thrid town.....they all need names

okay the link isnt working and i dont knwo why so if you doe want to use that script down load tdatas demo and copy the following scripts into your game WARNING IF YOU NOT USING BLIZZYS STARTER KIT I DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO TO YOUR GAME I HOLD NO RESONSABLITY FOR WHAT IT DOES.....Copy : Window_base, Window_enemyhp, scene Battle 1-4 and scene battle fix(i think i did i dont know if you had to or not)

My DeviantArt

Last edited by Minorthreat0987; December 1st, 2005 at 04:50 PM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:45 AM
MasaXGPMat
Super Transcedent Milenio

Nature: Relaxed
nice game nice screenies keep up with the good work
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Datriot
Tachikama!!!

Nature: Sassy
Great screenshots! Good job, keep this up!

Datra: 1804 8720 6653
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:09 PM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

great screenshots! keep it up
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old November 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Blizzy
me = Scripter.new("Noob")

very nice screenshots, i like them!

your hpbar seems to be different then mine
here's how mine looks like:
~screenshot

Old November 15th, 2005, 01:45 PM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

I made quite a list for you, if you don't like this list of candidates I'll make more, so here are the possible names for your Town:

Lawiddie Town
Wakeley Town
Radest Town
Cattarke Town
Miterkatta Town

Old November 15th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

i like Lawiddie Town.....so thats decided Lawiddie Town is the first towns name.....Thank you so much Darkdragon..you will be credited..

thanks to all for the comments.....

Blizzys i did noticed that our hp bars are different i liek both of them a lot tho...i think mine looks a little more like the pokemon games only because it does have "HP:" in front of the hp number display.....
i do have a question....how did you get the "Lv" so close to the level number i cant seem to get mine any closer.

My DeviantArt
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

whenever you need more just tell me. Actually, to be easier, if you have msn add me: [email protected]

Old November 15th, 2005, 09:59 PM
shadowmastermarcus
Shadow Lord =P

Jarette town
Yintora Town
Dinsa Town
Querin Town
Zisfor Town
Miraluka Town
Here's some possible names LOL

Anyway cool!
Old November 15th, 2005, 10:40 PM
tdata
Pokemon GX

To do as you ask, you just need to find the line for it and get rid of the actual lvl part. then do a self.contents.draw_text(<the x + 24>, <same as the LVL text>, <"">, <"">, <whatever displays the lvl>
ex
Code:
self.contents.draw_text(32, 24, 64, 128, "Lvl")
self.contents.draw_text(32+24, 24, 64, 128, $game_actor[0].level.to_s, 2)

People are stupid: given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full with knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid: they can't tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident that they can, and so they are all the easier to fool.
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:36 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
good work the fusion pokemon look awesome

and so dos ethe battle sytem

keep it up
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmastermarcus
Jarette town
Yintora Town
Dinsa Town
Querin Town
Zisfor Town
Miraluka Town
Here's some possible names LOL

Anyway cool!
well i like Miraluka Town so i will make that the second towns name thank you and thank you too Darkdragon(i forgot whether i did or not) you both will be put in the credits.

My DeviantArt
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:24 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

I can make more names for you if you want
Actually, I'm thinking about making a software that creates town and city names based on the theme, size, environment, pokemon, etc around the city/town :o

Old November 16th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Blizzy
me = Scripter.new("Noob")

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NoLeAfCloVeR0987]
i do have a question....how did you get the "Lv" so close to the level number i cant seem to get mine any closer.
well, this is how i did it,
it might be a bit complicated because of the #{variable}
but it's the same as doing variable.to_s
Code:
self.contents.draw_text(x,y,width,height, "#{actor.name}    Lv #{actor.level}")

Old November 16th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Bruno1440
Fire TRainer

sorry for later post NoLeAfCloVeR0987] yes im using the starterkit

The Return Of Bruno1440!
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno1440
sorry for later post NoLeAfCloVeR0987] yes im using the starterkit
well bruno....the easiest way to do this would be to send me a demo of your game and ill put them in..because im not good at directions...i tryed to help flameguru and well he almost screwed his game up.......so yea if you wnat send me a demo......or just wait till blizzys new version comes out....i dont know if it will be anytime soon not that it matters because i would wait for someting liek that.....i myself may switch over to blizzys kit after its released...(not sure yet)

anyway no new updates as of now....i have been sick outta school for the past 2days so yea homework has been piled on tonight....ill try to get a few screens up tonight of the 4th town and the small island off of the 3 town......

if anyone has the following scripts and would liek to contribute them to the game it would be greatly apreciated :

Time/Day/Night script.....
A map script like a pokemon town map,
Radio(im not 100% decided whether or not to feature it),
Cellphone script(same as radio)
a pokedex/ bestiary script

My DeviantArt
Old November 16th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Bruno1440
Fire TRainer

ok here is my game to download: http://ftp.ua.pt/incoming/hcrespo click on Game to edit to download

The Return Of Bruno1440!
Old November 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_DarkDragon_]
I can make more names for you if you want
Actually, I'm thinking about making a software that creates town and city names based on the theme, size, environment, pokemon, etc around the city/town :o
Dark that would be a huge help.....im going to later post a few screens of the next town and a small island that will need names (i provide maps incase you want to do it pending on the town itself..)

and bruno heres the hp bar thing....i noticed nothin else is edited so you wouldnt mind if i made it so everyone was allowed to down load it so i dotn have to keep doing this (not that i mind or nothin but it will just be easier....)

TO ANYONE WHO WANTS MY HP BARS DOWNLOAD THIS DEMO AND COPY ALL SCRIPTS WITH "**" BEHINDE THEM IN TO YOUR GAME REPLACING AS NEEDED
Attached Files
File Type: zip Game to edit[1].zip‎ (1.68 MB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)

My DeviantArt

Last edited by Minorthreat0987; December 13th, 2005 at 04:11 AM.
Old November 16th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Bruno1440
Fire TRainer

No prob and thanks men for the help! One only more thing how can i cut the hp numbers of the enemy?

The Return Of Bruno1440!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here