Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page To all who think they have good RPs.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 21st, 2005 (04:26 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

Nature: Quirky
I have done this before I wont lie but dont you hate it when someone starts an RP and NO ONE joins? I know I do. So, for those of you who think it is good, PM the idea to a friend, or post it here. THis way less and less RPs come along that just die. It will also leave more room for the GOOD RPs that people will join and have fun in!
Old November 22nd, 2005 (01:48 PM).
Savant

The problem is, hardly anyone on PC appreciates an original quality RP, they just go for RPs based on existing games/shows/etc, which I think is sad, seeing as there are probaly quite a few people that have original RPs that would probaly not get any participants if posted here.
Old November 22nd, 2005 (03:51 PM).
Banned

Nature: Rash
I believe the reason most people like RPs based on games/shows/etc. is because they're ten times more fun than just a classic RP. lol

Or I don't know, I haven't RPed in like five years already :/
Old November 23rd, 2005 (02:34 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

I am looking for a original RP not based off a game or a show. It is starting to become all the same. Inuyasha, Tales of SYmphonia, Harry Potter, ect. I wanna see a good RP that is based off a game or show.
Old November 23rd, 2005 (02:37 PM).
Mercenary

Send a message via AIM to RentCavalier Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RentCavalier
I made one called Divine Conflicts that had an amalgamation of all the different religious pantheons duking it out in a human city. You could choose to choin Heaven, Hell, or a neutral group (Like the followers of Thor) and fight for your philopsohy. You are a human changed into a demon, and could pick a god to be your patron deity, the source of your power (it would have to be a minor one though, otherwise you'd be too powerful.)

Nobody joined, but If there's any interest I can bump it back up, or remake it again.

www.finalfantasyremix.co.nr
Old November 23rd, 2005 (02:59 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

I will take a look at it.
Old December 3rd, 2005 (10:16 AM).
Destiny Awaits

I'm too afraid to make RP's, so usually I just join them. The thing is though, by the time I join it's already dead. I was thinking of making a Xenosaga RP..but I'm still repelled to do anything.
Old December 3rd, 2005 (09:17 PM).
I still love this world...

Making an RPG is nothing to fear. If you fail the first time or no one joins you just try again. I've made a lot and learned that. If you have a decent knowledge of grammar and a pretty good idea just type it. Edit it later. Also, always know what's going to happen along the RP and be ready just in case something happens to make it go off course. I have learned that's a good idea.

~Reopened~

Spoiler:
Thought you'd see something interesting here, didn't ya? :D

Finally Alyssa spoke again, her eyes locked on the ball in my hand. “That isn’t an ordinary Pokeball. We call it the Soul Ball. The Pokemon inside it is very special. It represents who and what you are at the very deepest level. It is essentially your soul in physical form.”

“My soul,” I whispered, awe struck. “So that’s what you meant by my ‘soul companion’.”
~Faye
Old December 4th, 2005 (07:56 AM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

So have I, Sometimes you can't control where your RP goes because its already to far off track. THen you just go with it and see where it takes you. That can also be fun the surprise is anticipating. But then again if you know where its going ot begin with you can stop those off track post because you know what to do. Alana has helped me most of my time RPing andI am greatful for that. I mean if you have to try to find someone you can talk to about your RPs. I have one of those as well GodofPH. If we are making a new RP we tell each other and send them the before hand post.
Old December 4th, 2005 (11:37 AM).
Submarket Zydrate Dealer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to GodofPH Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GodofPH
^Tis true Randall. Its always good to review an RP with someone before you post it. Nowadays I always through an RP idea by at least one of my PC friends before posting it, and it seems to somewhat help when I post it. Try and throw your ideas by multiple people to get different perspectives on your idea.

I do signature banner requests. PM me if you are interested. (1/2)
Old December 4th, 2005 (03:12 PM).
The pen is mightier...

Keh, when I made MY first RP on this sight, it immediatly got shut down due to the fact I did not understand how RPs go on this site. Now I do, and from my faults I learn.

What the heck are we talking about?
Old December 5th, 2005 (03:21 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

subjects jumped a bit but same with me WOlf_Goddess. when I first made an RP it was terrable. I couldn't beleive how fast it was spammed with people yelling at me. But I have learned. (thank god)
Old December 5th, 2005 (05:20 PM).
ヽ(⌐▨_▨)ノ♪♬
ModeratorCS

Nature: Brave
The first time I joined an RP, I was so flippin spammy...then I got help from my friend, and Im better than her now! If you make a bad RP, get over it and try again! Im STILL thinking about an original plot for my new RP(Im goin on 3 months of thinking here...)

Nobody's perfect, so it dosnt matter much if no one joins, but good idea anyway Randall!

~Teresa~

Pokecommunity Staff Collab 2015 - Antagonists
paired with DETOX • Moderator of ANIME & MANGAMyAnimeList

Leave of Absense! Moving! Be back soon!
Old December 5th, 2005 (05:40 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

No one is perfect that is true but if you make an RP and NO ONE joins or even post in there they revive it by double posting so if their RP sucks tell them just be nice about it.
Old December 5th, 2005 (05:41 PM).
The Freshmaker!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
I think the best RPs are the kind where you can actually alter the ending of it. The kind where you don't exactly have to rely on someone else to post to finish the RP. That's how most of them die I think. Yeah, like those 'stuck on an island' or adventure stories :3 Looooove those~

Pfft, I can't think of a good idea for crap x.x I leave the RPing plots to those who enjoy making them XD

/ / ////
Old December 5th, 2005 (06:44 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

THose are good to... Stuck on the island RPs are good but it all depends on conditions
Old December 23rd, 2005 (12:00 PM).
Iruka fangirl, watch out! ^.^

Send a message via AIM to flarizardmew Send a message via Yahoo to flarizardmew
I have a good rp and i've really gotten better at rping like posting at least four lines but I STILL haven't updated my plot because i got too far into where we are right now in my rp. I'm not a big fan of stuck on an island rp's, but i do like sequal rp's to one's that ended but keep going into a different idea or a more dramatic one.

Banner and avatar by relyt. Thank you!!!
Claimed Songs
Nana Mizuki- Brave Phoenix
Drowning Pool-Bodies
Vanessa Carlton- Home
Look here for other banners I've requested!!!

Spoiler:
Made by Chikara. Thanks for putting up with my dimensions issues XD.
Old December 23rd, 2005 (01:11 PM).
Oh God, I forget this existed.

Nature: Lonely
Personally I thing oriagnal Rps are on the same level as movie/etc ones.I like movies/etc ones just a little better cause you can do diffrent things with the way the show movie etc was.But I'm starting to get annoyed cause it's Harry Potter this and ((random rp)) that.Oh....and Aang the last airbender if you want an origanal rp Check out my one.It's called bite
Old December 23rd, 2005 (01:16 PM).
Nan eojaragoooo~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Midori Chi Send a message via Yahoo to Midori Chi
Yay! This thread will be of great importance!

It seem like EVERY rp I make, only one person joins it and it dies.
I just made one 2 or 3 days ago, and..it's doing okay, I guess.
I made an rp called "A future rp" and only one person joined it. (so I think it's already on page 2)
And maybe a month ago, I made one and absolutely NO ONE joined it.
Old December 23rd, 2005 (04:31 PM).
Mercenary

Send a message via AIM to RentCavalier Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RentCavalier
I looked over your future RP.

Your problem is the opposite of mine: you put far too little detail. Writing up an RP requires an immense amount of detail and plot depth. You need to be able to explain to everyone exactly what the mood, location and scenario of the RP is.

You also need a direction that it should go in. Most deviate, but if you set a theme and style for the RP, then a good RPer can take the RP in the direction you want.

Old December 25th, 2005 (08:03 PM).
Shocking....Isn't It?

Heres another thing. Rent, its not you RPs....like you said your RPs are REALLY long.
Old December 25th, 2005 (08:05 PM).
Mercenary

Yes, I know, but I make my stories complex, and they need complex set-ups.

Oh well, I've made my own RP site now, so I'll be able to relax a bit now.

Old December 26th, 2005 (08:54 AM).
I still love this world...

Actually long plots aren't always bad. They are actually quite good. Background information and story details are important to an RPG. It all depends on how it's written. It needs to be written like a story rather than like a paper you'd hand into your teacher on how volcanos work. It needs to be something interesting and something that draws the reader in. If some one starts reading a good RPG that extends for twenty lines or so, they need to be able to enjoy what they're reading. If they do it'll have the same effect as a good fan fiction or a good book. Just shorter.

However, even an RPG with a well written story won't always be popular. What the RPG is about counts for about 60-75% it's popularity. Most Pokemon RPGs don't seem to have a lot of trouble getting members. The only ones that do are the ones with plots that have been used so often not many people are interested in them anymore. Or just RPGs that are just not very appealing. Movie based RPGs don't seem to be very popular. Not all of them. Just some. For example, I'd guess that a Chronicles of Narnia RPG would go over quite well. But a James Bond RPG might not.(I could be wrong.) However, taking the general idea of a movie and twisting it might make it more popular. Or simply taking out the movie aspect of it.

Simply come up with a good plot and write it well. And if one RPG doesn't work then you can take your plot, tweak it a bit, and try again. Or just come up with a new one.

Just one more thing before I go. RentCavalier the only problem I saw with yours was that it, well, it wasn't very interesting. Your Zombie RPG I mean. I'll need to look over it again and do more than a bit of quick reading to tell you why but for now that's all I can say. If you want more boring lectures on RPGing feel free to PM me.

~Reopened~

Spoiler:
Thought you'd see something interesting here, didn't ya? :D

Finally Alyssa spoke again, her eyes locked on the ball in my hand. “That isn’t an ordinary Pokeball. We call it the Soul Ball. The Pokemon inside it is very special. It represents who and what you are at the very deepest level. It is essentially your soul in physical form.”

“My soul,” I whispered, awe struck. “So that’s what you meant by my ‘soul companion’.”
~Faye
Old December 26th, 2005 (02:38 PM).
Nan eojaragoooo~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Midori Chi Send a message via Yahoo to Midori Chi
Quote originally posted by RentCavalier:
I looked over your future RP.

Your problem is the opposite of mine: you put far too little detail. Writing up an RP requires an immense amount of detail and plot depth. You need to be able to explain to everyone exactly what the mood, location and scenario of the RP is.

You also need a direction that it should go in. Most deviate, but if you set a theme and style for the RP, then a good RPer can take the RP in the direction you want.
Hmm...I see your point. Okay, next time I'll make them longer. But, the weird thing is, a few more people joined it! '
Old December 29th, 2005 (06:00 PM).

Nature: Docile
I made one called Operations in Other Roleplay. One person joined, though. And I... oh sh*t!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)