The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:12 AM
pokerob
Webmaster of PWL

Im sorry about this guys but i doubt there will ever be a successful pokemon game released as a full version and we will be playing that as shown at this specific site.
I watched Tvsian create Netbattle in 1999 and it took him at least a year to get red & Blue working on it.
What id like to see is not demos no betas but the full game.
If anyone does that ill officialy stop posting here and i still doubt ill be doing that unles bannned.

Thanks for listening

Always looking to meet new people.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:24 AM
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob
I watched Tvsian create Netbattle in 1999 and it took him at least a year to get red & Blue working on it.
But then what's the point? We like to post betas of our game to show people how far we've programmed a game.If we just say" Ohh my games rubbish can't be bothered continuing it" This thread wouldn't be here now
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
Elite Four

What are you on about??? are you trying to say we can't make fan games?
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
Hw's saying even though we try to make a game in the end we won't finish it
Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:31 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
I plan on bringing out a full version of both my games. Making a full game is alot of work, and takes time..... But I won't bore you with anything... I'd just like to say...
Pokerob, I guess you can't read- since this is the "Game Development" forum.... I would like to highlight the word "development."

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:00 AM
Rm2k3Guy
Lord of shadows

Send a message via AIM to Rm2k3Guy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rm2k3Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon
I plan on bringing out a full version of both my games. Making a full game is alot of work, and takes time..... But I won't bore you with anything... I'd just like to say...
Pokerob, I guess you can't read- since this is the "Game Development" forum.... I would like to highlight the word "development."
Well put Neo
Your saying we should only post finished games? Well this forum will be dead no one has 'Finished' their games yet stop spamming out forum and go
somewhere else
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:10 AM
.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
Elite Four

i plan to be making my game up until Dianond and pearl come out. then wait for the new tilesets and regraphicalise my game then complete it.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:50 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [_DarkDragon_]
Me and my team plan to finish Chromatite in less than a year, stop spamming cause if u'd read the rules u'd know that you shouldn't create a thread just to say that no one will ever finish their games. And the reason we post screenshots and Betas/Demos is to keep this alive, as someone said before - if we would only post full versions this wouldn't even be called game development but something more like game releasing, lol.
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:59 AM
Savant

Quote:
Im sorry about this guys but i doubt there will ever be a successful pokemon game released as a full version and we will be playing that as shown at this specific site.
There are alot of sites where people post their homebrewed games, then end up discontinuing it. Your point being?

Quote:
This is not NetBattle.

Quote:
If anyone does that ill officialy stop posting here and i still doubt ill be doing that unles bannned.
This is a Game Development forum, with emphasis on Development.

There's nothing wrong with creating threads that do not revolve around a game, as long as it does relate to the topic of Game Development.
And sadly, this thread is prone to flaming wars.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links