The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 25th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Fl0W:HHGURU
Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]

Send a message via AIM to Fl0W:HHGURU Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fl0W:HHGURU

Advertise here
Is there any Pokemon based MMORGs' in the world of MMORGs'? I dont think there are, but not certain. I think it would be pretty cool playing a pokemon MMORG. Just the thought of rasing pokemon and battling against others on a server makes me want to play one.

pu.
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:14 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
The closest you have is NetBattle.

An MMPORG would be extremely illegal, and therefore would be really hard to get going, and therefore most likely won't ever happen.

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Chiru
I dun use this account any mo'

There is pokemoncrater.com, but I don't know if that would constitute as a MMORPG or not. The only other thing I can think of is Netbattle, like JKaizer said.
Old December 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Yeah, I agree, Pokemon Netbattle is about as close as you'll get... and PokemonCrater.com is good.... but its soooo slow. x___x
Old December 26th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Naito

There is one in development, but the only completed MMORPGs currently are Pokemon Crater and NetBattle. Others probably are shutdown by now.

Credit to Vivaa for the theme.
Old December 26th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I did run into one called 'TPPC Online RPG', it was REAL simular to Pokemon Crater, but it was faster, and had more to it. I liked it better...

Last edited by Drew; December 26th, 2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old December 27th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Fl0W:HHGURU
Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]

Send a message via AIM to Fl0W:HHGURU Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fl0W:HHGURU
Thanks for the suggestions, going back to what Jkaizer said, how are the making of these games illegal?

Evil Twin = DarkVenusaur
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Ninetales
Japan-flavoured Europhile

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
Yeah, exactly. If you ask me, a Pokemon MMORPG would be sort of similar to Neopets, which isn't illegal in the least. A big MMORPG would be cool if it combined the video game with net battling and other events. It could be based on Pokemon Crater except it could not look like the gameboy game and be faster... plus thr attacks could be identical to what they are in the game (In Crater, they are not--nearly all moves do damage, including Double Team). But unlike in NetBattle, you actually have to capture Pokemon and all that. Anyways it might be kind of neat, and maybe it could even be a computer game rather than just a website. If these games would be illegal simply they're just like free video games (or roms), the problem would be fixed if you still have to pay a similar price to the existing video games.

[size=1]Banner by me!
Old December 28th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Metaforte
Hey, Im still alive.

Im sorry, but what would be the point of a Pokemon MMORpg? Unless there going to completly alter the concept of the game with co-op play, I think it wouldn't be all that. If you wanna battle online, go to Net Battle or Pokemon Crater. If you want to talk about it, chat her or in other chat rooms, maybe AIM whatever. --;

Well, I don't know what ya'll would think, but i wouldn't spend money on that.

Sig Under Construction

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here