Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing
Reload this Page the TRI-LEAGUE

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Fiction and Writing Submit your stories and poems.

Old December 30th, 2005 (08:54 PM). Edited January 2nd, 2006 by electricgrass.
I'm a prodigy in progress

Prologue
A boy named David Begins his birthday on his 12th birthday with a timid bulbasaur and a stupid mudkip as he goes on a journey to be a master.

Chapter 1 the beginning

“Wow and with a shot from marshtomp’s ice beam tropus faints leaving the green trainer with the victory in the tri-region tournament, the most prestigious tournament in the world.”

As the TV blares these words a African American boy jumps in the air as he listens to the conclusion as he immediately starts calling his friends on the phone “he won he won now pay up.” As he smiles excitedly. You see this boy had won a bet with his whole class, as he was the only one to bet that the green side trainer from olivine city names “flare pyro” would beat the red side trainer “john smith” from pewter. As he yells in joy you hear groans from every other house in Vermillion city. Then you also hear a yell from the first house of “David stop jumping!”

“Pay up now, I told you that he would win.” David says as the rest of his friends walk to him and give him five dollars each. As the school bells ring they all rush into class and listen as the teacher begins to speak. “ Now here is your exam, if you pass you will be given two pokemon and will be allowed to start your journeys.”

“As the whole class groans one student asks why they had to take the test. With a weary voice the teacher says

“To show you know bout pokemon as much as you should because too many pokemon have been abandoned or ill kept the last few years, also this is why the made the beginning age to be a trainer increase to twelve years of age. So no talking and take your exams.”

“But professor, adds another student what if you fail?” with a laugh, the teacher answers the student by name and goes “David, if you fail you can retake the test in a week.”

As David looks fearfully the teacher passes the tests out and adds” when you finish your test pick up an order form for your two pokemon”.

“I didn’t study I hope I pass, well here I go” David thinks as the test is given out “but here I go”

“David NO talking”

Test

Date 04/30/2028

Name David Wood

Question 1
What pokemon types are the best to use on typlosion?
Ground, Rock, Water
Question 2
What is the one pokemon without a weakness?
Sableye
Question 3
What is the legendary with three forms?
Deoxy’s
Question 4
What is kakuna’s only move?
Harden
Question 5
Why do water pokemon need ice beam?
To beat grass types
Question 6
Name the fire pokemon only in hoenn (3rd evolutions only)?
Blaziken, torkoal, camerupt, and ninetales
Question 7
What is a kingdra’s only weakness?
Dragons and ice
Question 8
What is tm 50 in kanto, johto, and hoenn respectively?
Substitute, dream eater, overheat
Question 9
What three regions are in the tri-region tournament?
Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto
Question 10
What are bulbasaurs’ moves before Lv14?
Tackle, growl, leech seed, and vine whip

Bonus (can gain up to 20 points for your answer)
Essay what is the easiest way to defeat a gyrados with a pichu and a smoochum?

The best way would be for smoochum to put it to sleep with lovely kiss and confuse it with sweet kiss then to have pichu use thunderbolts to weaken it since gyrados are water/flying type and for smoochum to help with psychic. Also I would have them use double team or substitute to protect themselves in case the gyrados wakes up.

After David passes his test in he picks up a pokemon request form, which he answers quickly

Name David Wood
DOB 03/18/93
Requested pokemon Mudkip and Bulbasaur
Why you chose requested pokemon? they are my favorite pokemon and they can help me vary my team
What league are you participating in? The tri-region league.

A few days later, “well I have returned your tests and pokemon request forms.” If you passed the test the word “passed” will be in green but if you scored higher than 95% you’re passed will be in blue, also incorrect answers are in red.”
As David looks at his test his eyes light up as he reads it

Test

Date 04/30/2028

Name David Wood
SCORE 110/120 PASSED #2 in class
Question 1
What pokemon types are the best to use on typlosion?
Ground, Rock, Water
Question 2
What is the one pokemon without a weakness?
Sableye
Question 3
What is the legendary with three forms?
Deoxy’s
Question 4
What is kakuna’s only move?
Harden
Question 5
Why do water pokemon need ice beam?
To beat grass types
Question 6
Name the fire pokemon only in hoenn (3rd evolutions only)?
Blaziken, torkoal, camerupt, and ninetales
Question 7
What is a kingdra’s only weakness?
Dragons and ice
Question 8
What is tm 50 in kanto, Johto, and hoenn respectively?
Substitute, dream eater, overheat
Question 9
What three regions are in the tri-region tournament?
Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto
Question 10
What are bulbasaurs’ moves before Lv14?
Tackle, growl, leech seed, and vine whip

Bonus (can gain up to 20 points for your answer)
Essay what is the easiest way to defeat a gyrados with a pichu and a smoochum?

The best way would be for smoochum to put it to sleep with lovely kiss and confuse it with sweet kiss then to have pichu use thunderbolts to weaken it since gyrados are water/flying type and for smoochum to help with psychic. Also I would have them use double team or substitute to protect themselves in case the gyrados wakes up.
18/20 points are received, you show great skill and compassion as a trainer and I am proud to say you have exceptional skill in the battle knowledge.

As David reads his test he his hit by a paper wad as his friend Bill asks him “what did you get I got a 94%” as Bill looks at his paper his eyes widen in surprise as another person asks David the same question, “so what I got a 109 and I bet you did so badly you will never be a trainer”

David slowly sits up and looks at the boy staring him in the face and says “Mickey I don’t know what are you talking about because I got a 110, so shove it up you’re a—“

“Quiet students the pokemon are here. “ as the teacher wheels the cart in and calls the first person’s name Mickey adds “when this is over you and me in the courtyard for a battle ASAP”. As Mickey walks away David turns his head and watches as the third person in line receives an eevee and a sunkern. As David Waits he sees Mickey walk out with a Magby and an Aron smirking as he leaves. While waiting David dozed off until Bill shakes him, adding, “it’s our turn.” As David looks and doesn’t see anyone else he and Bill pick their poke balls up and open them.

Out of Peter’s poke balls comes a dog like creature that spits fire and is red with black stripes and a smaller creature with a white belly with a swirl and a tadpole tail. “Wow a Poliwag and Growlithe yells Bill I’m going to call you two swirl and flare Bill shouts.” As his pokemon voice their opinions with a “Poli, growl” he and his pokemon walk out.

As Bill leaves David walks over to the cart and pulls out his two pokemon. Taking a deep breath he throws the balls in front and is overjoyed to see a small blue creature with orange gills and a pokemon with a bulb on its back. As they yell their names “Bulbasaur, Mud Mudkip” he decides to nickname them. “Well I’ll call you Razor and you Swamp” but as he finishes he hears the teacher collapse mumbling “what horrible nicknames…

When David gets outside he sees Bill eat his growlithe as Mickey’s Magby launches it with a cross chop and psychic combo. As Mickey looks up he says, “Well the real meat is here.”

To be continued

In chapter two

David Vs. Mickey

As Mickey’s pokemon have some new moves for pokemon their age they have the advantage as they slam Mudkip and Bulbasaur all over the arena will David be able to win his first battle…

About tri-region league

It is just like the championships in hoenn and Johto but to compete you need at least 20 badges and at least 6 from each region the tournament is large as after the preliminaries there are 256 trainers who are fighting for the crown.

Please review and give helpful criticism

PS. if you read PLEASE WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT IF YOU LIKE IT OR SOMETHING AND WHAT I NEED TO FIX PLEASE!!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)