The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 11th, 2006 (09:08 AM).
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Kero
Where can i get ALL pokemon R/S backpics?
Open RS-Ball, select your ROM, select "Pokémon backpics" and click on "Dump GFX Bank".
Now all Pokémon backpics will be exported into the folder "pics".

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 11th, 2006 (10:01 AM).
darklugia1
Pokmon Mastermind

I have three questions (all three apply the Pokemon Ruby):

1. In unLZ.GBA, where is Prof.Birch's sprite (went through all of them and couldn't seem to find it)
2. If you insert a new pokemon (#252-#277), where can you find and edit its backpic in unLZ.GBA (or any other program)
3. When trying to compile a script to the rom in ScriptEd, after asking if I want to overwrite Pokemon Ruby, it displays the message "Run-time error '53': File not found", and the script isn't applied.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old February 11th, 2006 (11:51 AM).
Roxie Mika
I say embrace it! I say deface it!

Nature: Naughty
I'm having problems editing pallets in Emerald version. When I edit the pallet the recommended way (take the pallet values from VBA, flip them and then find in a hex editor, and edit there), the found pallet is usually not the right one (as in, too short compared to the pallet I copied from VBA). Also, if I attempt to edit this pallet, when I load the ROM afterwards, the pallet looks horrible, quite frankly. I've heard somewhere that the Pokemon GBA series's pallets are stored in lz-77 format (the same format as a lot of things in it are). If this is true, how would I go about compressing and decompressing my palletes?
Old February 11th, 2006 (12:36 PM). Edited February 11th, 2006 by Shaneypoo17.
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaneypoo17
Quote:
I have three questions (all three apply the Pokemon Ruby):

1. In unLZ.GBA, where is Prof.Birch's sprite (went through all of them and couldn't seem to find it)
2. If you insert a new pokemon (#252-#277), where can you find and edit its backpic in unLZ.GBA (or any other program)
3. When trying to compile a script to the rom in ScriptEd, after asking if I want to overwrite Pokemon Ruby, it displays the message "Run-time error '53': File not found", and the script isn't applied.

Thanks in advance for any help!
darklugia1
well for 1. its not in unlz... its uncompressed data so u shud find it in tlp. as for the offset u wud hav 2 ask scizz.
2. read the add new pokemon without replacing old ones rite here.
3. its cuz ur rom has a space in the name... change the name to like pokemonrubyhack (make sure it doesnt have any spaces in it.)
---EDIT---

Quote:
I'm having problems editing pallets in Emerald version. When I edit the pallet the recommended way (take the pallet values from VBA, flip them and then find in a hex editor, and edit there), the found pallet is usually not the right one (as in, too short compared to the pallet I copied from VBA). Also, if I attempt to edit this pallet, when I load the ROM afterwards, the pallet looks horrible, quite frankly. I've heard somewhere that the Pokemon GBA series's pallets are stored in lz-77 format (the same format as a lot of things in it are). If this is true, how would I go about compressing and decompressing my palletes?
icyflare:
well to kno how to change palettes in emerald version go to my tut here its focused mainly on changing rayquaza but it also kind of tells you how to edit palettes. oh and btw u hav 2 make sure u copy out the WHOLE pallet line... if u do then it wont come up short. and when u insert the palette in hex make sure u get the right thing. pm me if u dnt get anything...
Old February 11th, 2006 (03:05 PM).
mxkpkmnextu??
Ser Artificial

Hail
I come here to ask if anybody knows how can i change the palettes of the overworld sprites... Cuz the first gym leader and the professor are blond, and there ain't no colour that I can use to that in their palettes
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
Old February 11th, 2006 (05:20 PM).
Zacceh
Another day in the life of...

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Zacceh Send a message via Skype™ to Zacceh
Ok, I found something while messing around w/ a FireRed ROM using AdvanceMap. Its not all that great. I went to Vermillion Port where the Truck is and I found a signpost marked as Invisible with the Offset of $BE002. This strange signpost offset that I located was Due South of the truck. When I stupidly Deleted the "Hero's House" offset & replaced it w/ $BE002, no text appeared but the sign was marked as visible. Does anyone know anything about this & could tell me? Also could anyone give me the Offset for the "Hero's House" sign...as I DID delete it...?

P.S. If this in the wrong forum, please move it k tnx!

Platinum FC: 1634-2903-7862
Name: Zac
Old February 11th, 2006 (05:32 PM).
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkpkmnextu??
Hail
I come here to ask if anybody knows how can i change the palettes of the overworld sprites... Cuz the first gym leader and the professor are blond, and there ain't no colour that I can use to that in their palettes
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
It works the same way as with any other pallete.
See one of the many tutorials in the Tutorial forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt Persian 776
Ok, I found something while messing around w/ a FireRed ROM using AdvanceMap. Its not all that great. I went to Vermillion Port where the Truck is and I found a signpost marked as Invisible with the Offset of $BE002. This strange signpost offset that I located was Due South of the truck. When I stupidly Deleted the "Hero's House" offset & replaced it w/ $BE002, no text appeared but the sign was marked as visible. Does anyone know anything about this & could tell me? Also could anyone give me the Offset for the "Hero's House" sign...as I DID delete it...?

P.S. If this in the wrong forum, please move it k tnx!
Hidden Signposts are considered as Hidden Items.
Their offset should directs to the item find routine.

The offset of the Hero's house sign in Fire-Red is $165850.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 11th, 2006 (06:26 PM). Edited February 12th, 2006 by darklugia1.
darklugia1
Pokmon Mastermind

Thanks Shaneypoo17, but even after I renamed my file with no spaces in Ruby, in Scripted it read:
Quote:
Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.
And I have many, many more questions, all apply to Emerald (these are very long and stupid, but I need help with them):

1. How do you create a new map without replacing a previous one?
2. How do you change the position where routes/cities connect?
3. I know something similar was asked before, but how do you change/add a new type and change its weaknesses/resistences?
4. Is it possible to create something similar to Shadow Pokemon? (that is, where no TM's or HM's can be learned, and no levels can be gained until it is 'purified')
5. Is it possible to create a script that allows you to capture a certain Pokemon form a trainer?
6. What's the script number for the events that occur inside of, and when you get off the truck?
7. How do you create a new item without replacing one?
8. Is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing one?
9. How do you make a newly created Pokemon (??) learn more than one attack in Pokemon Amplifier?
10. Can you create a new attack without replacing a previous one?

Again, thanks for any help
Old February 11th, 2006 (06:45 PM). Edited February 12th, 2006 by Roxie Mika.
Roxie Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneypoo17
icyflare:
well to kno how to change palettes in emerald version go to my tut here its focused mainly on changing rayquaza but it also kind of tells you how to edit palettes. oh and btw u hav 2 make sure u copy out the WHOLE pallet line... if u do then it wont come up short. and when u insert the palette in hex make sure u get the right thing. pm me if u dnt get anything...
I hate to tell you this, but your tutorial tells me hardly anything about changing palletes. It also assumes that you know exactly where your pallete is located in the ROM, as do most pallete editing tutorials. Unfortunately, it's much more a hindrance than a help. +_+;

EDIT: Ok, now I feel dumb for saying that... Still, I've tried your tutorial, and it didn't really help me... ; Ah well, if you don't succeed, try and try again, then smack your computer around a bit with a large trout...

EDIT2: I ended up figuring it out anyway. =D
Attached Images
File Type: png absolcompleted.png‎ (11.4 KB, 35 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 12th, 2006 (02:50 AM).
Enter-Shikary
I'm Back

Nature: Adamant
whene i click on people in elit map to see the script
i dont see any thing in the scripted

any one can hellp me
Old February 12th, 2006 (04:07 AM). Edited February 12th, 2006 by jojotjuh.
jojotjuh
I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!

Hi, I messed with some pictures in UNlz.gba and now pikachu looks stupid... (only a tail)
so, i want to ask if some one could please give me all pics of pikachu from pokemon firered please?

thanks!

p.s.

pikachu image (front and back) no icon

pokemon fire red

unLZ.gba image please

and the pokedex text...

thanks again

EDIT: Hey Icyflare! you saved my hack thank you very much!
and yes, i will backup more often
Old February 12th, 2006 (06:34 AM). Edited February 13th, 2006 by Roxie Mika.
Roxie Mika

POKéDEX Text: It has small electric sacs on both its cheeks. If threatened, it looses electric charges from the sacs.

Pictures are attached

But next time, back up your ROM to be safe.

EDIT: Not a problem at all, jojotjuh. =D
Attached Images
File Type: png pikaback.png‎ (1.4 KB, 128 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png pikafront.png‎ (1.4 KB, 127 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 12th, 2006 (06:49 AM).
sleepypig
Beginning Trainer

i would like to change the wild pokemon location in fire red, or leaf green without leaving any side effect to the rom (etc: headset disappear....)

I have been Tried ADvance Map and Elite Map(bewilder) , however neither both of them success....(i really sick with the Elitemap table or offset)

Could any pro teach a way? this have been torture me for few weeks!!!
Old February 12th, 2006 (07:26 AM).
MegaMan666
-Samurai-

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaMan666 Send a message via Yahoo to MegaMan666
I gotta problem, why Pokemon Emerald (US) doesn't work on EM 3.7 I remember that one file was needed for it , but I don't have it. Please help =]
Old February 12th, 2006 (08:52 AM).
Darklink224
Beginning Trainer

Okay, so I'm making my frist hack, and the tools seem to hate me
I switch between Elitemap and Advancemap and now they dont want to work
If i get a fresh, new rom, and i load it with 1 tool, it wont work with the other one.
Whats wrong? Have these tools got a mind of their own?
Old February 12th, 2006 (08:56 AM).
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

icyflare:
ok... u need 2 find out the palette offsets 1st... one way which i do sometime... is import ur image u want into unlz but dont save it... then look at the colors and use paint and A-color to do them... or u can insert the sprite (in ur case absol) into like one of the starters(export palette and make sure u hav a backup of the pokemon u replace_... then u play the game until u see the pkmn/thing u inserted and go to palette viewer... then look in the right section for the palette of absol... then copy down all the bytes.. (remember to flip) into notepad... and then find the palette of groudon in hex... in my tut. then delete groudons palette and insert absols and there u go.
Old February 12th, 2006 (10:29 AM).
Dragon_Slayer
Beginning Trainer

heya, does any1 know how i can get mew celebi and deoxys with a emulator?
Old February 12th, 2006 (10:58 AM).
Roxie Mika

Quote:
icyflare:
ok... u need 2 find out the palette offsets 1st... one way which i do sometime... is import ur image u want into unlz but dont save it... then look at the colors and use paint and A-color to do them... or u can insert the sprite (in ur case absol) into like one of the starters(export palette and make sure u hav a backup of the pokemon u replace_... then u play the game until u see the pkmn/thing u inserted and go to palette viewer... then look in the right section for the palette of absol... then copy down all the bytes.. (remember to flip) into notepad... and then find the palette of groudon in hex... in my tut. then delete groudons palette and insert absols and there u go.
Uhm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyflare
EDIT2: I ended up figuring it out anyway. =D
You know, though, the way you explained just now how to change palletes is exactly how I figured out how to change palletes... Amazing, how alike great minds think... Thanks for all the help, too. =)
Old February 12th, 2006 (01:15 PM).
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

ok... very simple prob... in A-map... which unknown is the flag? 1st or 2nd?
Old February 12th, 2006 (02:06 PM).
topiser

Can Anyone give me a link to a easy to use pokemon haking tool with a tutorial for it?
Old February 12th, 2006 (02:45 PM).
mew183
Beginning Trainer

how do i make surf eligable for land and water riding,please give instructions.
All noobs and unexpirenced members will some day take over and receive their demands,this site is to soon become ran over by a less know generation of people.The unknow,we aren't given a choice ,believe what you read and dont regret be cause all who ignored on this site will be over drawn by a new breed.~Riley- THE X MEMBER~

Go Here If you Wan't To See Something Cool>>>>>>> HERE

click erehay
Old February 12th, 2006 (11:00 PM).
w_rink_ly
Novice Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew183
simple ouestion(s)
how do i make surf eligable for land and water riding,please give instructions.
Well, you could change the land tile attribute to water by using Elite Map, but then you wouldn't be able to walk on it - only surf.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old February 13th, 2006 (07:09 AM).
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklugia1
Thanks Shaneypoo17, but even after I renamed my file with no spaces in Ruby, in Scripted it read:

And I have many, many more questions, all apply to Emerald (these are very long and stupid, but I need help with them):

1. How do you create a new map without replacing a previous one?
2. How do you change the position where routes/cities connect?
3. I know something similar was asked before, but how do you change/add a new type and change its weaknesses/resistences?
4. Is it possible to create something similar to Shadow Pokemon? (that is, where no TM's or HM's can be learned, and no levels can be gained until it is 'purified')
5. Is it possible to create a script that allows you to capture a certain Pokemon form a trainer?
6. What's the script number for the events that occur inside of, and when you get off the truck?
7. How do you create a new item without replacing one?
8. Is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing one?
9. How do you make a newly created Pokemon (??) learn more than one attack in Pokemon Amplifier?
10. Can you create a new attack without replacing a previous one?

Again, thanks for any help
For your Database problem, see this thread.

1. The easiest way for you would be waiting for the new AdvanceMap version which will offer a function for that.
The harder way would be doing it by Hex-Editor.
You would have to add Map Header, Data and Footer for your new Map (together with Event data, Connections table, etc.), then make an addition to the Map Bank header in order to be able to use the map. (Repoint data if needed.)

2. AdvanceMap -> "Tools"->"Connections".

3. See a few pages back in this thread.

4. You could solve that problem by adding a "pre-evolution" to a Pokémon.
That pre-evo won't be able to learn any attacks and will be purified (evolves to the normal Pokémon) when Happy/Been given a special Item.
However it will still level up.

5. Possible yes, but only by ASM hacking. You would have to make major changes to the Trainerbattle routine.

6. Take a look at their level scripts.

7. It will be easier for you to replace an old one. Just change an unused "?????" item to what you want your new item to be.

9. No. You will have to repoint the attack data of the Pokémon with a Hex-Editor in order to add new Moves.

10. You probably will have to repoint the whole attack block in oder to add a new move.
I haven't tested it, but it would be worth a try.
Just copy the whole attack data block to empty space in your rom and add the data for your new attack by copying an existing one.
Then repoint the list and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killspear
whene i click on people in elit map to see the script
i don�t see any thing in the scripted

any one can hellp me
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61429

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypig
i would like to change the wild pokemon location in fire red, or leaf green without leaving any side effect to the rom (etc: headset disappear....)

I have been Tried ADvance Map and Elite Map(bewilder) , however neither both of them success....(i really sick with the Elitemap table or offset)

Could any pro teach a way? this have been torture me for few weeks!!!
The new AdvanceMap version will have the header bug fixed.
Your only other choice is a Hex-Editor.
The structure has been posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMan666
I gotta problem, why Pokemon Emerald (US) doesn't work on EM 3.7 I remember that one file was needed for it , but I don't have it. Please help =]
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklink224
Okay, so I'm making my frist hack, and the tools seem to hate me
I switch between Elitemap and Advancemap and now they dont want to work
If i get a fresh, new rom, and i load it with 1 tool, it wont work with the other one.
Whats wrong? Have these tools got a mind of their own?
Yup! You always have to be nice to them! XD
Nah j/k! =P

EliteMap seems to have problems editing a rom that has been edited with AdvanceMap before and vice versa.
However, that is supposed to be fixed in the new version which will be released soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer
heya, does any1 know how i can get mew celebi and deoxys with a emulator?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21545
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31644
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31288

Quote:
ok... very simple prob... in A-map... which unknown is the flag? 1st or 2nd?
For what Event type?

For Script Events:
-Flag Value: Unknown 1
-Flag Number: Unknown 2

For People Events:
-Unique flag: "No.+Status"

Quote:
Originally Posted by topiser
Can Anyone give me a link to a easy to use pokemon haking tool with a tutorial for it?
Here (Here)
Here
Here
They are all easy to handle if you try to understand them.
Most of them don't even require a tutorial.
Just use the help of the links I gave you and you will find what you need.

Old February 13th, 2006 (08:28 AM). Edited February 14th, 2006 by darklugia1.
darklugia1
Pokmon Mastermind

Thanks, Scizz!
I still would like to know if it is possible to create a new tileset to use without editing an old one, though.
Also, how do you change the level of the starters? (with hex or with a tool)

P.S: Oh yeah, I re-download ScriptEd from the thread, and it still won't work!

P.P.S: In EliteMap, when trying to load a level in Emerald, the message:
Quote:
Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range
appeared, and the program shut down.

In Advance Map, when trying to load the same Emerald Rom, the message:
Quote:
Access violation at address 0047C6C4 in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address E2B20097.
appeared, and the Rom did not load.

EDIT: Nevermind about AdvanceMap, I updated my .ini. EliteMap, though, has the updated .ini, but has a different problem.

P.P.P.S: In PET, while editing Ruby/Sapphire, the Trainers were loaded with the wrong sprites, and Pokemon had wrong attacks (i.e. Brendan's lv.31 Swellow knew Acid Armor and Bounce) Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it just the Emerald rom, or something else?
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated :D
Old February 13th, 2006 (09:34 AM). Edited March 10th, 2006 by Roxie Mika.
Roxie Mika

EDIT: ARRKK. I fixed it... no patch for you!

Sponsored Links