Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 27th, 2004 (05:34 AM).
dqle
Gym Leader

OOC: Hey, Skye. You might want to change that signature of yours; you've got another fanfic in the making!

IC: Duc walked by the hospital. Skye yelled out to him. "Oh, hi Skye. Glad to see you're all better!" He saw Brock still holding her up. She still must be weak from that bite. he thought.

Pikachu and Agile stepped out of the Pokmon Center with the help of Nurse Joy with the weight sensative doors. Both ran to their respective trainers. "Glad to see you too, Pikachu!" Pikachu squealed with delight. In its arms was a bottle of ketchup. "Pikachu, how many times have I told you that ketchup isn't a breakfast food?" Pikachu struggled with the bottle, but gave up. Duc gave it a handful of Pokpellets. Pikachu didn't argue and ate.

Something was still telling Duc to go to Cerulean Cape. "Sorry Skye, but I have to go somewhere. I'll be back ASAP." With that, he ran off with Pikachu on his shoulders.
Throw your hat high - up to the sun.

Now you face your greatest test. Use the lessons that you've learned.
Your goal is to be the best, And claim the prize that you've earned.
Ever since you were a young man, You've kept your eye on the master plan.
To reach for the top - and touch the sky.

It's your destiny,
To spread your wings and fly.

Pokémon: 2.B.A. Master - You Can Do It (If You Really Try)
Old April 27th, 2004 (06:23 AM).
Skye
a dreamer...

Send a message via AIM to Skye
Agile ran into Skye's arms with an excited squeal of delight.

"I'm so glad to have you back!" Skye exclaimed, hugging her little Pikachu tightly. "I missed you!"

Agile, relieved to see her trainer once more, rubbed her staticy cheek against Skye's. Skye smiled happily at Brock, who grinned back at her.

They took notice of the note from Misty at the gym.

"That's strange," Skye said. "Do you know anything about it....? Aren't you and Misty friends?"

"No idea," Brock told her, looking at the sign, puzzled. "Maybe Duc knew? Maybe we should follow him."

They set off in Duc's direction.
Sometimes you just don't think you have it in you.
Those are the days.
Those are the most important days.
Those are the days when you need it most.
Those are the days that you want it most.
Those are the days you have the most.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 27th, 2004 (08:28 AM).
dqle
Gym Leader

Duc started to run. He knew something was waiting, so he didn't stop for much of anything. On the way, he encountered a trainer. "Hey, going to Cerulean Cape by yourself?" the trainer said. "You should get your girlfriend before you go!" Confused, Duc asked "What do you mean?" The trainer grinned. "Don't you know that Cerulean Cape is the most romantic place in Cerulean City?" Before the trainer could describe the place, Duc just ran by him.

Pikachu was enjoying the breeze while Duc was running along the bridge. The air felt clean. Wow, this must be the best place to live in Kanto. Duc thought. He then encountered a maze of trees and bushes. Taking his time, Duc trecked through the shrubs and branches until he saw a lighthouse upon a large cliff. He saw couples running around, both people and Pokmon, having a good time.

Duc noticed that he was the only other person that he could see that doesn't have a partner. He stood there, staring blankly at the couples.

Pikachu, on the other hand, paid little attention to the others. It wanted to play around, so it decided to steal Duc's glasses again. With a quick jump, Pikachu snatched the glasses and ran off further into the cape. "Hey, get back here!" the trainer yelled as he chased his Pikachu.

After a quick chase, Pikachu decided to wait for Duc on top of a hill. Duc was about to reach it when a girl grabbed him around the waist from behind. "Oh, I knew you'd come!" said the girl enthsiastically. Duc wasn't thinking very clearly. "Uh Skye, you should be taking a rest. You had too much excitement last night." The girl let go, shoving Duc a bit. Great. he thought. That wasn't Skye, was it? He turned around and started to apoligize when he saw a red blur coming at his face. It hit Duc in the face, sending him flying a few yards back.

Duc landed flat on his face. His implant was in the ground when he got out. "What was that about?!" he yelled angrily as he tuned himself around. "I'm sorry if I offended you, but I'm not who you think I am!!!" Pikachu ran to his side, staring at the girl with awe. "What are you looking at?" He said while prying the glasses out of its hands. "You know," he started while putting his glasses on. "Its one thing to hit a friend you know, but hitting a stanger--" He paused when he heard a small Pokmon trill. Wait, only one person has that Pokmon... He looked at the girl's face.

Duc stood up. The girl was about a head taller than he. "Well, well. If it isn't Misty from Cerulean City." He said coldly. He wanted to act nicer towards her, but something was stopping him. "I'm sorry!" Misty apoligized quickly. "I thought you were someb-" Duc interupted her. "No need to say sorry, missy." Misty grew agitated. "What did you say?!"

"Yeah, you heard right!" Duc yelled at her. "If it weren't for you, Ash'd probably be a Pokmon Master right now!!" "What are you talking about?" Misty snapped back. "If it weren't for me, Ash wouldn't be anywhere near here!!" The two started a fierce arguing about Ash. Pikachu just stood there, watching the two quarrel.

It's your destiny,

Old April 27th, 2004 (10:31 AM).
Skye
a dreamer...

"Are you sure you have enough energy to do this today?" Brock asked her as they walked quickly after Duc towards the Cape.

"Yep," Skye said difinitively, nodding her head.

The two of them made their way throught he maze of bushes with Agile on Brock's shoulder, shifting around to find a good sitting place on his foreign shoulder. She eventually gave up, and walked alongside the two, Brock still supporting Skye with his arm around her.

They arrived at the lighthouse just in time to see Duc get punched in the face. Skye's eyes widened. Brock noticed right away that Duc's assailent had been his good friend, Misty.

"Whoa!" Brock called to her. "Misty, you've got the wrong guy! That's not Ash!"

Brock hurried over, moving as quickly as he could with Skye still at his side. He left her standing a foot or two away, and went to break up the fight. Skye made her way over to Duc wobbily, and sat down next to him in the grass to make sure he was okay.

"How'd you get yourself into this one?" she chuckled lightly, taking his chin between her fingers and checking for a nosebleed. "She got you really good!"
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 27th, 2004 (11:42 AM).
dqle
Gym Leader

"Hmph! Very funny, Skye." Duc said, a little less angry. He stood up and checked his face for any permanent damage. Nothing's wrong.

Pikachu saw that the fight was over. It walked over steadly towards Misty. She picked up the Pokmon. "You should put it down, Misty." Duc said. "It doesn't like other people who haven't handled Pikachu's before." Pikachu was quite comfortable with Misty as she scratched behind its ears. Duc forgot that she's handled Ash's Pikachu before.

Angry, Duc started the quarrel again. He always thought that because of Misty, Ash wasn't a better trainer than he is right now. "You're always getting in the way of things, missy!"

"Me? Get in the way of things?" she talked back. "Ash is the one always getting into trouble! He's the one slowing me down!"

"Lets see if you can back those words up! Lets have a battle right now!"

"Fine!" Misty yelled as she motioned for a Pokball.

Brock split the two up. "Wait! Is this the way you want other people see you, Misty? Let's have an official gym battle when we get back."

"Fine! I'm gonna be your first challenger!" Duc said before jerking his head he oppisite direction.

"That's fine with me, pest! And when I'm through with you, you probably can't challenge anyone else for a long time!" Misty yelled threatningly before she turned away.

Duc was about to yell back a comment before Pikachu shocked him, hoping to end the fighting.

"You're a pika-pal, Pikachu!" Misty remarked. Pikachu blushed, ignoring Duc for the moment.

It's your destiny,

Old April 27th, 2004 (05:30 PM). Edited April 27th, 2004 by lex.
lex
PEEWEE!!! ^_^

Lex hurried back to the Gym following the group going through the thick bushes. Lex could see Duc was infuriated. And also was Misty. Finally when they reached the gym, Lex was aghast at how the place was designed. Pools layed all aroud the Gym witch sparkled with beauty. Lex's expression changed at the sight of the beautiful gorgeous girls the sat on the edges of the pool. In the pools were pokemon who freely swam around gleefully. ... ... ...

"I like this!"Lex exclaimed turning over to the group.

"Eevee!Eevee!"Eevee exclaimed liking the site.

"Comeon Duc lets get this started!"Lex said impatiently.

OOC: Duc i hope i did'nt mess up your plans!oh i tried to make it a bit exiting!
Old April 27th, 2004 (05:45 PM).
Skye
a dreamer...

Skye entered the gym with Duc and Lex, hoping to get a battle with Misty when the whole thing died down. She was amazed how angry Duc could get, and especially Misty. Brock, however, did not seem the least bit suprised.

Skye took a seat on the side of the gym, waiting for the battle to begin.
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 28th, 2004 (05:08 AM). Edited April 28th, 2004 by Eco-Mono.
Eco-Mono
LWH Director

So, where was Peter throughout all this?

Well, he slept in. By the time he was up and running, everyone had gone their separate ways (that is, to the Cape). Reading the message from Duc, he thought, "They'll be able to look after themselves. We should go train." So, he took Fairy, Squirt and Capie to a wild area, to practice attacks and so forth. Eventually returning to Cerulean for a snack, he saw the group headed for the gym, along with an extremely annoyed-looking Misty.

"Okay, team," Peter said. "Are we ready for the battle here?"

The Pokmon cheered, and entered the gym with Peter.

Proud owner of a Level 100 Missingno., the Pokmon with the highest ATK in R/B/Y.

MAD PROPS to Cartmic!
Old April 28th, 2004 (06:08 AM). Edited April 28th, 2004 by dqle.
dqle
Gym Leader

Even when entering the stadium, Duc and Misty were still at it. "You'd better get ready to lose, missy!" yelled Duc. "Oh yeah, jerk?! You have no idea what Ash and I've been through!"

Both took their positions on the floating platforms. The stadium was completely water except for the few platforms on the surface. Both were waiting for the judge's confermation. After a little while, Misty forgot something. "Uh, Brock, could you take over as the judge? I forgot that my sisters were the judges too!"

"Why not?" Brock jumped to the stadium and took over. "This official gym battle will now begin! The challenger may substutute his Pokmon anytime he wishes but the gym leader must stay with her Pokmon until it can no longer battle. Since this is the second gym the challenger's faced, the gym leader must use only three Pokmon."

"Hmm. Wonder which Pokmon should I use to beat up this jerk?" Misty muttered to herself. She had Staryu, Starmie, Goldeen, and Seel. She doesn't even consider Psyduck.

She chose her Pokmon. Duc had his Pokmon choice in mind since entering Cerulean City. "Let the battle begin!" yelled Brock.

"Ok! Go Pikachu!" Duc commanded. Pikachu didn't hear as it was playfully chasing Misty's little egg Pokmon. "H-Hey! Can't you play later?"

"What's the matter? Think you can't beat me without Pikachu?" Misty taunted.

"Of course I can!" Duc yelled back. "Go Staryu!" Staryu splashed in the water. Misty also called her Staryu out.

"Staryu, Water Gun!" Duc commanded. His Staryu let out a mighty steam. "You too, Staryu!" Misty called. It let out a much stronger blast. Misty's Staryu easily overpowered Duc's and his Staryu was knocked out of the pool. Duc's Staryu recovered in air. "Use Water Gun again!" Duc said. This time, Duc's Staryu hit Misty's, sending it underwater.

Misty came up with a plan. "Staryu, spinning Tackle attack!" The Pokmon jumped out of the pool and hit the other Staryu. Both landed in the water, but Duc's was still recovering from the attack. "Now, use Water Gun!" Misty yelled. Both Staryu were right next to each other. Then Duc's went flying through the water, crashing into the pool's side.

"Duc's Staryu is unable to battle. Misty's Staryu wins!" Brock announced.

Duc recalled his Pokmon as Misty couldn't help laughing at his name. "Go ahead and laugh!" He snapped. "You did your best, Staryu. Go Zubat!"

Misty's Staryu was still ready to go. "Water Gun it out of the sky!" Its trainer said. Staryu shot at the bat, but Zubat easily dodged the shots. Frustrated, Misty changed her plans. "Use your Tackle attack!" Staryu flew at the Zubat. Duc saw his chance. "Zubat, use Leech Life and stay on it!" Zubat bit down as one of Staryu's arms were caught. The Staryu dove, but Zubat still managed to hold on. "Try to shake it off!" Misty yelled, but Zubat held on tight. Eventually, Staryu was too tired to go on.

"Misty's Staryu is unable to battle. Zubat wins!" Brock yelled.

"You did a great job, Staryu. Not bad, jerk, but can you go on?" She said as she called out Goldeen. Zubat was really tired from hanging on Misty's Staryu. "Use your Horn Attack!" She commanded. Before Zubat could move, Goldeen rammed Zubat off the platform it was on. Zubat hit Duc as it was sent flying.

"Zubat's unable to battle. Goldeen wins!"

Duc stood up. "Good job, Zubat." He said as he recalled it. Duc sent out his other Zubat. Again, before Zubat could react, Misty's Goldeen rammed it with Horn Attack, knocking it out in one hit.

"Duc's other Zubat is unable to battle. Goldeen wins!"

Realizing that Misty wasn't playing around, Duc came up with a plan, but it wasn't a plan that Duc had until now. He sent out his remaining Staryu. "Goldeen, use Horn Attack again!" Misty said. Duc said Staryu to get in the water. It did so, a little nervous. Goldeen was swimming at it very fast. At the right moment, Duc said "Staryu, spin rapidly now!" It spun like a pinwheel. Goldeen was sent out of the pool above Staryu. "Now, keep using Water Gun and keep it in the air!" Staryu was shooting at the airborne Goldeen, not letting it have the chance to get back in the pool. After a few minutes of blasting, Goldeen was able to get back in the pool, but it had already fainted.

"Goldeen is unable to battle. Duc's Staryu wins!"

"Nice job, Goldeen. I hope you've enjoyed you wins, kid, but that's all you're gonna get from now on!" She sent out her strongest Pokmon, Starmie. It too jumped in the pool. "Starmie, use your Bubblebeam!"

The attack reached Staryu on the other side of the stadium, before Duc could issue a command. It was out of the pool. "Starmie, keep using your Tackle attack!" Misty yelled. It flew out of the pool, hitting Staryu repeatedly. By the time Staryu was able to land, it had fainted too.

"Duc's Staryu is unable to battle. Misty's Starmie wins!"

Realizing that all of his Pokmon are spent up, Duc was about to walk off his platform. Pikachu then jumped on. "You ready to battle yet?" Duc said in a low tone. Pikachu cried out and took its position on the stadium.

Misty looked unimpressed. "Even if you do have an Electric Pokmon, I can still beat you!" Duc didn't listen. "Pikachu, use your Thundershock!" Pikachu let out a lightning bolt at the Starmie now on a platform. "Starmie, keep spinning!" The rear star on the Pokmon spun furiously. The lightning bolt stopped right in front of Starmie. "Didn't expect that, huh? Starmie, use Bubblebeam!" Pikachu was blown off the platform. It had landed in the water. "Pikachu, get back on one!" Duc yelled desperately, knowing that Starmie as a major advantage underwater. "Starmie, Tackle it underwater!" Misty commanded. It sped off towards Pikachu. Duc then thought of a crazy plan. "Pikachu, use Thundershock on the platform!" Pikachu looked confused, but did so anyways. It hit the platform, sending it downwards like it was falling from the sky. Starmie was unlucky enough to be caught under it. Before the platform hit the pool's floor, it use Bubblebeam on the platform. It it Pikachu back, severely weakening it. Both Pokmon landed on the platform, still floating. "Very smart, kid! You battle just like Ash. But, I know how to beat him, and that means this battle ends now!" She was about to order Starmie to use Bubblebeam, but she held back. She looked at the Pikachu. She remembered her times with that boy she hates so much...

Duc saw this too. "Pikachu, wait!" he yelled, but it was too late. Pikachu let out a Thundershock without Duc's orders. Starmie was knocked out.

"Starmie is unable to battle. Pikachu wins! This battle goes to Duc from Saffron City!"

After recalling their Pokmon, Duc walked up to Misty. "Here, you deserve this." She said, pulling out the Cascade badge. "Save it until everone else battles." Duc replied. "When we do get a chance, we're having a rematch. That wasn't fair." She agreed and held on to the badge. Duc managed to grin, even though he didn't like her very much.

It's your destiny,

Old April 28th, 2004 (06:40 AM).
Eco-Mono
LWH Director

Peter, Squirt, and Fairy clapped wildly at the end of Duc's battle. Capie cheered because he really couldn't clap very well.

Proud owner of a Level 100 Missingno., the Pokmon with the highest ATK in R/B/Y.

MAD PROPS to Cartmic!
Old April 28th, 2004 (07:23 AM).
Skye
a dreamer...

Skye wtched the battle with awe. Agile seemed uncomfortable.

"Chu?" she looked at Skye uncertainly.

"You'll be fine," Skye assured her, petting her on her head. "Just have faith."

Skye looked over at Misty.

"I'd like to challenge you if you have time," Skye told her.

"Sure thing," Misty said, healing her Pokemon, and still a little shaken from Duc's match.

Skye made her way onto a platform with Agile on her shoulder. She pulled her blond hair behind her back, and looked at Agile with a smile.

"Go for it," she told her Pikachu with a confident grin. "I know you can handle this!"

"I choose Seel!" Misty exclaimed, as her Seel flew out of its pokeball and landed in the water. "Horn attack!"

"Agile, use your thundershock and send electricity through the water!" Skye exclaimed, watching Seel shoot through the water towards Agile.

"Pika...CHU!" Agile cried out, shooting the pool with electricity. Seel had no way of escaping, and was caught in the thundershock. It rose to the surface, only a little damaged, and very angry.

"Go get that Pikachu! Tackle attack!" Misty cried.

"Agile, dodge it!" Skye said, when the Seel was in close range.

Agile jumped off the platform as the Seel reached her. Agile leapt onto the Seel's back.

"Spin around and throw it off!" Misty commanded.

The Seel began to spin faster and faster. Skye wasn't sure what to do, but Agile was getting pretty steamed. Before she was thrown off, she let out a very powerful thundershock that sent the Seel into submission.

"Nice move, Agile!" Skye exclaimed, as Agile ran to her excitedly.

"Nice job," Misty said, her tone much kinder than it had been towards Duc. "Go Horsea!"

"Can you keep going?" Skye asked Agile, who nodded vigorously. "Then show that Horsea what you are made of! Thundershock!"

"CHU!" Agile cried, sending a powerful attack towards the Horsea. It missed as the small aquatic Pokemon dodged. "Pika?"

"Get in closer range!" Skye cried.

Agile looked back at her, confused. It could not get into the water and let Horsea have the adcantage!

"Horsea, use bubblebeam!" Misty commanded.

In the next instant, a confused Agile was knocked out.

"It's okay, Agile, I know you did the best you could. That's all I could ask for," Skye reassured her Pikachu, as she picked Agile up gingerly. "Go, Fury!"

The Spearow popped out, looking annoyed as usual. It glared at Brock before ruffling its feathers and preparing itself for battle.

"Horsea, use Bubble!" Misty said.

"Fury, dodge by flying up as high as you can!" Skye exclaimed.

Fury took to the air quickly, its small body fast in the air.

"Peck attack!"

"Bubblebeam!"

Misty had not accounted for the small, but agile Fury. Since it was so small, it made short work of diving right through the bubbles that were floating up to it, and made a direct hit on the Horsea. The Horsea fainted.

"Here's my last one!" Misty called. "You're doing great, Skye. Go Starmie!"

The Starmie, angered at Duc's Pikachu from the previous match, looked menacing. Skye took a step back.

"Fury, do the best you can with it!" Skye told her Spearow cautiously. "Use your size and speed to your advantage! Peck attack!"

Fury dove towards the Starmie at full speed.

"Spinning tackle!" Misty grinned, seeing her advantage. Fury bounced right off the Starmie and landed hard against the wall, fainting.

"It's okay, Fury!" Skye said, recalling the Spearow. "Go, Sticky!"

The Metapod popped out.

"String shot!" Skye cried.

"Spin again, Starmie!" Misty commanded. The Starmie began to spin rapidly once more.

The string shot bounced off the water Pokemon effortlessly. Skye bit her lower lip with intensity. This was not going her way.

"Starmie, move into close range and deliver a tackle!" Misty cried. The Starmie moved in quickly.

"Sticky, use tackle!" Skye cried, but it was too late.

Sticky tried to tackle, but miscalculated the distance and fell into the water, where its heavy form sunk to the bottom. It took no effort to finish it off.

"Come back, Sticky!" Skye recalled it back to the pokeball. "I've only got one left...go Ninja!"

The Staryu flew out of the Pokeball and appeared frightened by the large Starmie.

"Get in there with a tackle!" Skye said, feeling very uneasy.

"Take it out with your own tackle!" Misty ordered.

With one hit, Skye's Staryu fainted.

She looked over at Misty, pushing back the frustrated tears in her eyes.

"You battled well," Misty assured her. "But you should go train some more. I look foward to battling you again."

"Thanks," Skye chocked out, swallowing her frustration in embarassment. She managed a smile. "I'll be back!"

With that, she turned on her heel and headed out of the gym to heal her Pokemon.
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 28th, 2004 (08:29 AM).
dqle
Gym Leader

"Humph! She's going easy on everyone else..." Duc muttered to himself. He walked up to Skye. "Hey, great battle, Skye!" Duc managed to say without expressing his anger.

Duc took out all of his Pokmon outside of the gym. All looked very tired. "Well guys, that was a great battle. You all did a great job!" All the Pokmon cheered as best they could. The Zubat relaxed underneath a tree nearby, hiding from the sun's rays. The Staryu lept in a fountain just in front of the gym. Pikachu ran back inside. It apparently was fond of Misty's egg Pokmon. Duc remembered that he didn't identify it. He took out his Pokdex and went back inside.

Duc wandered aimlessly though the massive aquariums inside the gym. There were a mass collection of water Pokmon. He managed to identify Horsea, Goldeen, Seaking, Tentacool, Magikarp, Seel, and Dewgong. "How can a girl like Misty get the trust of all these Pokmon with an attitude like that?" Duc wondered out loud.

Duc wandered some more and finally found Pikachu carrying Misty's Pokmon. He pointed the Pokdex at it. On the screen it said No information found. Johto version needed. "Huh? This Pokmon isn't found in Kanto?" Duc said to himself. Just then, Misty appeared from a door nearby. "Look who it is, the jerk who won because of a fluke!"

"Hey, I knew that too!" Duc snapped back. "Like I said, when I get better, I'm gonna challenge you again. I doubt I can beat you right now. That badge shouldn't be mine..." Misty was waiting for an insult. "Yeah, well--" she yelled before thinking what Duc had said. "Oh, uh... sorry. I just expected you to be some total jerk like all of the people I used to know." She looked away. "You deserve the badge. I was being the jerk then."

"No, no. I was being the jerk. I kept yelling at you." Duc said back at her. Both engaged in another arguement. Pikachu was nearby. It sighed as it put Misty's Pokmon down. It zapped Duc again. Duc fell over. "Heh, thanks, Pikachu."

Misty still stood there. "You put up a good fight there. I still didn't throw out all my stategies or else you wouldn't stand a chance. Even then, I'd think that you'd battle with all you got. I know Ash did..." She stood there, staring at the ceiling.

"Uh, earth to Misty?" Duc said, interupting her daydream. "Oh, sorry again!' She said enthusiastically. "You just remind me of Ash, with the same clothes and hat and all." Duc didn't hear past the word Ash. He was about to go crazy when Pikachu tugged on his jeans. "Do I really look like Ash?" he asked.

"Sure you do! You're wearing the same vest and a hat similar to his. You even has his personality. I'd almost confuse you with Ash himself if it weren't for those massive glasses you're wearing!"

"Thanks. I've always admired Ash since he competed in the Indego Plateau."

"I've always looked-- I mean, I always had to help in his battles, even in the Indego Plateau."

Duc, trying to prove that Ash didn't need help, was about to start ANOTHER arguement when Misty said she had to prepare for the next battle. Duc walked back outside, seeing that his Pokmon are relaxed and ready to battle if needed again. He recalled them and went back inside, waiting for the next battle. Pikachu still played with the egg Pokmon on the sidelines.

It's your destiny,

Old April 28th, 2004 (11:30 AM).
Shiney
Sometimes, we come back!

Nature: Lonely
OOC: This is the next day to give her pokemon time to heal.

I burst through the Cerulean ((I finnally spelled it right!)) gym door as soon as I felt the wind pick up, after all, I knew some psychology, and making an impression could have quite an effect on the battle.

As the gym door burst open, I was completley in shadow with the sun to my back, and my trenchcoat whipping in the wind.

"I challenge the leader of the Cerulean gym to a battle!" I shouted, and all the trainers in there looked as though they had seen a ghost, even misty looked shocked.

"Fine then," Misty shouted back. "Two pokemon each, Go Staryu!" and in a flash the water pokemo appeared.

"Go Abra!" I said, and in a flash, it appeared, and was asleep this time.

"Staryu, water gun!" Misty commanded, and I said "Use teleport!"

The water gun shot right at the abra, who abruptly dissapeared, and was there again in a flash, right behind Staryu.

"Use Bubblebeam!" She shouted, and so the battle went, each of misty's attacks missing, yet abra unable to attack, I saw misty getting even more frustrated, this was what I had been waiting for!

"Staryu! Put everything you've got into a take down attack!" she shouted, and abra was backed up against the statue, and as Staryu chargede at it, it dissapeared and landed in the middle of the arena.

Unfourtunatley, the take down on the statue was enough to knock out staryu, and it fell after a moment, unconscious.

"You may have beat Staryu, but you won't win against, STARMIE! GO!" Misty shouted, and in a flash, starmie appeared, looking ready to attack.

"I beg to differ. Abra return." I said, and as it went into it's pokeball, I got out my other one and said "Go, Charmeleon!"

In a flash, he was there, staring down the Starmie.

"A fire type against starmie? You must not be as good as I thought." She said, and said "Starmie, Bubblebeam!"

Starmie lept up, and began spraying bubbles at an alarming speed, right at Charmeleon....

OOC: I'll finish this up in a 2nd post.
Old April 28th, 2004 (12:19 PM).
Shiney
Sometimes, we come back!

Nature: Lonely
"Charmeleon, use ember on the bubbles!" I shouted, and several small chucks of flame spewed out of his mouth, popping every single one of the bubbles.

"Starmie, water gun!" Misty said, and I once again commanded charmeleon "Ember!"

The fire hit the water in a spray of mist, evaporating the attack.

"Okay then," Misty said "Take down!"

And as Starmie charged at Charmeleon, I said "Seismic(sp?) toss!" Starmie hit Charmeleon with massive force, yet he grabbed a hold of it, and began spinning around like a top until he let go, sending Starmie smashing into a wall.

"CHAR!" He said angrily.

"Tackle it, Starmie!" Misty said, and once again it charged, but before charmeleon could attack, it had hit it and was already spinning for another blow. Once again, it hit with alarming force, and again, and again! I was amazed that charmeleon was still standing there, exhausted, yet he was still in the game.

"Tackle it one more time!" Misty said, but as Starmie hurled in for another attack, charmeleon spun with great speed, and smashed starmie with it's claw. It stood there for a moment, not noticing it had been hit, until it fell to the ground, fainted.

"No! Starmie, retun." Misty said, and after withdrawing her pokemon, she walked over, and said to me "As much as I hate to admit it, I lost, so here's the official Badge of the Cerulean gym." (ooc: I forget what it's called, sorry.) And handed it to me. I put it in one of the inside pockets on my coat and said "Thanks, that was a very difficult battle, I'm actually fairly lucky that I won, if you ask me." I said, and returned Charmeleon to it's pokeball. I walked out the door of the gym, and went into the pokemon center to have Charmeleon healed.
Old April 28th, 2004 (12:45 PM).
dqle
Gym Leader

OOC: If you're the last post, you should edit the last post instead of adding a new one. BTW, it's the Cascade badge. I said it after my match.

IC: "Good battle, Seph!" Duc yelled out as he left through the main gates. "Not bad at all. Beating Misty at a disadvantage was pretty good."

Pikachu was exausted, but Misty's Pokmon still ran around it, still wanting to play tag. Pikachu invited Agile to join.

It's your destiny,

Old April 28th, 2004 (01:01 PM).
Skye
a dreamer...

OOC: I'm still in the Pokemon Center, Duc, so Agile is not at the gym, but I'll make it work!

IC: Skye returned to the gym to see the other battles, just in time to hear the last few remarks of the argument between Duc and Misty.

"Don't you think you've made her angry enough?" Skye asked worriedly, but walked past the fuming Duc into the staduim. She noticed that Seph had a cascade badge to show for his victory. "Wow! Congradulations, Seph!"

She sat down with Agile, beciming somewhat overcome with sadness at losing her first match. She sulked for a little while until Brock found her once more, and sat beside her. Agile jumped onto his lap, giving him a look as if to say "you'd better made her happy!" Agile then proceeded to dart after Duc's Pikachu to play with Togepi.

"Hey," Brock said, trying to get a sense of where Skye was emotionally. "How's it going?"

"You don't think Agile's too diappointed in me, do you?" she asked, staring into space. "I've never really...failed her like this before."

"What failure?" Brock asked, smiling at her gently. He placed his hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "You've got another chance. Use this setback to gain strength, not loose it. And, no, I don't think Agile is disappointed in you at all."

"Thanks," she said softly, looking over at Agile as she played with Duc's Pikachu and Togepi. She raised her voice so Agile could hear. "Hey, Ag! Want to go train a bit?"

"Chu!" Agile exclaimed enthusiastically, sprinting full tilt into Skye's arms.

"Let's go," Skye said, then turned back to Brock. "Want to come?"

"Sure..." Brock said, getting up and following her out of the gym.
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 29th, 2004 (06:31 AM).
dqle
Gym Leader

OOC: Oops! Sorry about that. I'd better look at the posts more carefully.

IC: Duc listened to Skye's conversation from a distance before she left with Brock. "So what?" he said to himself. "I shouldn't have won that battle, but Misty didn't attack like she should have. I think she's trying to get out of our arguement faster!" Realizing this, Duc bolted to the door where he last saw Misty. She wasn't in the room. "Oh, great. Now I have to take care of her Pokmon now."

He walked to Pikachu and the other Pokmon. "Well, let's find Misty, guys." Duc said. Pikachu picked up the egg like it was its younger sibling and followed.

Duc walked around until he had reached the feeding area of the aquarium. Misty wasn't there, but there was a large bag of Pokmon food in the middle of the room, next to an open water tank. He felt something was going to happen, so he walked slowly towards the bag. "She's probably in the bag, waiting to jump out." he said to himself. Duc then pushed the bag into the water tank. She wasn't in there. Misty's Pokmon let out a cheerful trill as Misty came out from a corner and pushed Duc in the tank. Knowing that this would happen too, Duc grabbed her arm, bringing both in the water. "What was that for?!" Duc yelled at her.

"Why do you keep following me?!" she screamed back.

"I haven't finished asking you questions!"

"Fine, just hurry up! I've got other trainers to battle, ya know!"

"Why'd you leave your Pokmon with me? You don't know that I might steal it!"

"I know you're the kind of person who'd take care of anybody's Pokmon AND you'd never think of that! And by the way, it's Togepi."

"OK, so you have Togepi, but how?! With that kind of attitude, I'm suprised you have any Pokmon at all!"

"I'm just like this to jerks like you and Ash!"

"Why do you keep dragging Ash into our arguements? I thought you hate him!"

"I do hate him! I hate him more than carrots, peppers, AND bugs combined!"

Ugh, I don't like that stuff either. he thought. "You didn't answer my question. Why?!"

"It's none of your bees-wax!" Misty said as she got out of the tank. She stomped out with Togepi in her arms.

"Why do you keep avoiding things about Ash?!" Duc yelled, but she was already out of the room. He was still in the tank, filled with fish Pokmon eating everything in sight, including Duc's clothes. He jumped out when a Shelder clamped down on his... posterior.

Duc walked out, angrier at Misty more than ever. Pikachu followed behind with unsteady footing, wondering why Duc was so persistant.

It's your destiny,

Old April 29th, 2004 (03:10 PM).
Skye
a dreamer...

In a field outside of town, Skye trained hard with her Pokemon. She paired Agile with Fury, since Agile was her strongest Pokemon, and Fury needed to learn to be strong against electric attacks. She paired Sticky with Ninja in the hopes that Sticky would evolve soon.

Fury grew agrivated with Agile very quickly, and proceeded to pummel her with peck attacks. Agile ran to Skye, and clambered up on her shoulder.

"It's okay, Agilem" Skye told her. "Why don't you try battling with Brock's Pokemon. That'll be a challenge. I'll see what I can do about Fury's attitude problem."

Skye proceeded over to Fury, holding her arm in the air for the Spearow to land on. It landed on her fist, and walked up to her shoulder, nuzzling her affectionately.

"There now," Skye said gently. "Let's do some training."

Brock offered her his Geodude, which Skye graciously accepted. The Geodude, happy to help Skye in any way she saw fit, smiled up at her and waited for a command.

"Fly up there, now, Fury," she told her Spearow kindly. Fury flew into the air. "Geodude is going to do rock throw for you, getting progressively more diffecult as time goes on. Do what you can, but don't attack him. This is to boost your speed and defense!"

Fury dodged all of Geodude's attacks very well, and Skye was very pleased with the Pokemon's work. Fury was really growing fast.

"Skye!" Brock exclaimed. "Look at Sticky!"

Skye turned to see the Metapod begin to glow white. It was finally evolving! She grinned wildly, running over to Sticky as it turned into a Butterfree.

"Wow!" Skye exclaimed, taking the Butterfree in her arms. "Sticky! I'm so proud!"

"Bee, free!" Sitcky exclaimed excitedly.

Skye looked aroud at her tired, but healthy Pokemon.

"I think we've trained enough for today," she told them. "You all deserve a good rest. Don't you think, Brock?"

He nodded, feelin g a yawn escape him. Skye smiled brightly, tossing he rblond hair over her shoulder. She recalled her Pokemon, and headed back to the Pokemon Center...

But not before Brock slipped his hand into hers, blushing furiously.
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 29th, 2004 (04:35 PM).
lex
PEEWEE!!! ^_^

OOC:Oh sorry i was really buzy with work and also I think skye and duc should lay back on the writing a little so the group can CATCH UP :D ok please i promise ill try to post once a day. One more thing can i just say i got the badge from misty without posting a battle scene?pleaze if so here we go.

IC:Lex walk proudly out of the Gym with his Cascade badge in hand. Eevee and Gyrados had done an outstanding job against Misty's water group.

Lex wondered were the group was. And on his way to the Pokemon center he encountered Skye and Brock walking towards there holding hands. Lex giggled a little.

"Hey guys! where were you at?"Lex asked and waited for an response.
Old April 29th, 2004 (05:50 PM).
Skye
a dreamer...

Skye looked wide-eyed at Lex, as her cheeks became a brilliant pink.

"Training," she said honestly, Agile nodding on her shoulder. "I've got to try to beat Misty again tomorrow...I lost today."

She seemed a little disappointed as she stated the outcome of her previous match. Her smile once again took over as they entered the Pokemon Center to heal and rest up. Skye noticed Lex's cascadebadge.

"Wow!" she exclaimed. "Awesome job, Lex!"

OOC: I only post about twice a day. I know I'm on a lot, but I'm sure if you kept up even just once daily, everything will be fine. I totally understand how work/school can be a drag! Just let us know if you think you are going to be busy, and I know I would be more than happy to put the rp on "pause" for a day or two!
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old April 30th, 2004 (03:29 AM). Edited April 30th, 2004 by dqle.
dqle
Gym Leader

OOC: Sorry if I've posted a little too much too soon! I'm just posting other events right now... Whatever. I'll hold back if you guys say so!

IC: Duc tried to get in the stadium, but the doors were locked. Lex's battle was already in progress. Duc attempted to bash the doors out, but as soon as he reached the doors, they unlocked. His feet couldn't adjust in time and fell in. Duc saw that Lex had already left the building. "He must have won. I gotta congradulate him later."

Still wanting to know why Misty brings up Ash, but leaves afterwards, Duc looked for Misty, but she already had gone out of sight. Pikachu held its trainer back from looking for the gym leader again.

Pikachu was hungry. Duc's backpack had run out of food. It persuaded its trainer to head for the Pokmon Center, hopefully for something to eat.

There, Duc saw that Lex was there. "Hey, good job, Lex!" he said, seeing that Lex had the Cascade badge. He also noticed that Skye and Brock were back from their training. He didn't pay much attention to Brock's attitude to Skye as much as he did before. Misty was the only thing on his mind.

In the cafteria, Pikachu spotted another ketchup bottle. It happily gulped down the red paste.

Realizing that it was a long time since he had contacted his parents, Duc went over to a video phone. The one he chose was damaged from some juice that had spilt on the exposed wires. Being arrogant, Duc attampted to fix the phone rather that go to another working one. After a while, Duc got the speaker to work, but he didn't hear a dial tone. Instead, he heard voices.
"Sir, we've discovered that two of the trainers are now in Cerulean City." said a voice, distorted from the static.
"Good enough. Proceed to plan A." said another faint voice.
The line dropped before Duc could hear anything else. A little scared by this, Duc poured some soda on the wires, short-circuiting the speaker. He didn't want anyone to hear about this, so he kept it to himself.

It's your destiny,

Old April 30th, 2004 (10:04 PM).
Eco-Mono
LWH Director

OOC: Internet backbone problems prevented me from posting. Since I'm alone with Misty, I will edit in our battle soon enough.

MAD PROPS to Cartmic!
Old May 1st, 2004 (04:40 AM).
Skye
a dreamer...

The night was fast approaching. Skye, though fully recovered from the Zubat bite, was exhausted from the day. She put on her pajamas and got herself ready for bed, thought he sun had not quite disappeared over the horizon yet.

"Night, guys," she said, a solemn attitude taking over her usually cheery tone. "See you tomorrow."

She left Brock feeling a little confused as she headed to her bed with Agile upon her shoulder.
Those are the days.
[COLOR=Plum]
Old May 1st, 2004 (04:56 AM).
Pikaki
Wannabe preator... *Sigh*

I'm late... (This is also really me,and what PKMN I'd want and clothes I usually wear.No joking.)

Name: Maria
Starting Pokemon: Pikachu(Jessica) -has red ribbon-
Height: Think of a 17 yr old...
Weight: Haven't I told you?...
Hair: Long and VERY brown.
Clothes: Green shorts,blue shirt,and has the kind of ponytails May has.
Personality: Very kind.She can't stand but to help when she sees any danger.She tries to make her little self have big help in it.

[spoiler=Song of the Day]"It doesnt matter now what happens.I will never give up the fight.Nothing can keep me from reaching the very top.As long as the voice inside me,tells me,I just keep on running.Ill never look back,got so much to do.Time does not wait for me... Where do I start?Its all a blur,and so unclear.Well,I dont know, but I can be wrong..." -It Doesnt Matter(SA/DX)[/spoiler]
Old May 1st, 2004 (07:31 AM).
lex
PEEWEE!!! ^_^

IC:Right after eating in the cafetiria Lex went directly to bed. It had been such a long day and Lex was extremly exhausted. "Good night everyone!"Lex exclaimed using the last whisp of power he had to talk. Lex eventually went to sleep along with Eevee.

OOC:Welcome Pikaki hope you have fun!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links