Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2006 (12:54 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2006 by Red.
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Ok, I have returned and I have decided to finish the hack I started a long time ago.
Name: Pokémon Lightning Yellow
Starter: Pikachu
Rival's Starter: Eevee
Pokémon (newly)obtainable: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle(all in one game)
Okay, well this is basically a remake of Pokémon Yellow for the GBC into a nice GBA version edited from Pokémon Fire Red.
Comparative Screenshots:

Beta 0.12 is out(Check the attachment)
New things in 0.11
I edited the wild pokemon data up to pewter city. Everything is exactly like Yellow(except the old man in viridian city) up to pewter city. I reccomend starting a new save as well as not playing past pewter city! Have fun with this!(You can catch Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest)

beta 0.12 released
Okay, I did a little bit more editing, I changed the title screen to have a Pikachu instead of a charizard.
Also, I fixed a bug or two, but I didn't do much else. So, this is a very small update.

I'm going to add the ability to capture Mew, Celebi and maybe even Jirachi. And I might add in some Johto(who knows). If I decide to, it'll be the first game that starts in kanto and goes through Johto.(Wouldn't that be nice?) You're welcome to suggest new things and tell me of the bugs in the beta.

Incomplete Things(Not Bugs):
IMPORTANT
The beginning where prof. Oak catches the pokemon is screwed up, for he is catching a Weedle. I need help to figure out how to change that into a Pikachu. If you figure this out, and tell me, you will have credits in the making of the game. Very helpful thankyou.

I need to find where the old man's back graphic is in unlz-gba.(same as above)Also, anyway that I could find to edit the old man's back graphic would be helpful.
I think I'm going to change the graphic of the main player(check attachment, tell me what you think of the graphic, and if I should use it or not).
Attached Images
File Type: png red.png‎ (4.0 KB, 1031 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Attached Files
File Type: zip lightningyellow012.zip‎ (4.8 KB, 229 views) (Save to Dropbox)

<Download Pokémon Lightning Yellow beta here>
Old February 14th, 2006 (01:00 AM).
UnHoly
The Invincible

Send a message via AIM to UnHoly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to UnHoly Send a message via Skype™ to UnHoly
looks awesome im downloadin fire red so i can play just 1 question does pikachu follow u around like in yellow

Little Brothers: TreekoLv.100 and Shiny_Latios
Evil twin: charizard_maa
Bishies Claimed: Gave them to Shuya
View My Trainer Card

Old February 14th, 2006 (01:01 AM).
jaguar
Master Trainer

nice remake keep it up looks real good. i want to do a remake of some old pok game but i dont know which tools to use. if you can tell me the tools you use i would be grateful (pm me if u want)
Old February 14th, 2006 (01:12 AM).
Red
Pokémon Trainer

as of yet making it so pikachu follows you around is not planned, however if I can figure out how to add a new event to each map, it might be possible(advancemap doesn't do it right).
The lightball might make the pikachu too powerful, what do you think?

Old February 14th, 2006 (01:27 AM).
As_Stars_Go_Out
StraightXEdge

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to As_Stars_Go_Out
very nice keep it up i think you can only get the back pics in FR by using tilelayer pro
Old February 14th, 2006 (04:54 AM).
jojotjuh
I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!

Quote originally posted by Red:
as of yet making it so pikachu follows you around is not planned, however if I can figure out how to add a new event to each map, it might be possible(advancemap doesn't do it right).
The lightball might make the pikachu too powerful, what do you think?
to make pikachu follow, you can always edit the sprites with spread (sprite editor)
Old February 14th, 2006 (05:08 AM).
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Quote originally posted by jojotjuh:
to make pikachu follow, you can always edit the sprites with spread (sprite editor)
no you can't. If I was going to make it so pikachu follows you i wouldn't make it some lame sprite edit.

Old February 14th, 2006 (05:17 AM).
Nox30_04
Traveller

Looks great, I look forward to playing it...later in the game will you have pikachu refuse to evolve?

Name: Triton
Level: 25
Old February 14th, 2006 (02:30 PM).
johto_master_2012
Beginning Trainer

Cool! I soooooo got the hack and it's EXCELLENT!!! THANKS!!
But does the PIKACHU talK? Like "Pika pika!"?
Old February 14th, 2006 (02:33 PM).
pichu11
Big brother is watching you.

Nice... (Twenty 5 post length

Thanx to Gardevoir for Espuppy
Old February 14th, 2006 (05:06 PM). Edited February 15th, 2006 by Pazuzu.
pencilbuddy
Booted out - don't be like me!

what game is this of
yellow

is there a change of the wild pokemon
Old February 14th, 2006 (09:20 PM).
Nox30_04
Traveller

Pencilbuddy...This game is an updated version of Yellow but a hack of Fire Red...it looks great and I believe it will be an overall great hack...however pencilbuddy...please don't double post, against the rules..just edit the previous post you made

Old February 15th, 2006 (06:19 AM).
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Quote originally posted by johto_master_2012:
Cool! I soooooo got the hack and it's EXCELLENT!!! THANKS!!
But does the PIKACHU talK? Like "Pika pika!"?
I don't think i'll change the cry of the pikachu. As it looks, in the original yellow, the pikachu went "Pika Pika!" when sent out(and wasn't sent out in a pokeball like all other pokes) and when it fainted it went "Chaaaa!", if I edited the cry it would just say "Pika! Pika!" when it died too, which would sound pretty a strange(A pikachu being very happy while fainting...)
BTW, I'm glad you liked it.
So, it seems the second rival battle is perfect.(If you've noticed) The one on route 22.
Quote originally posted by Nox30_04:
Looks great, I look forward to playing it...later in the game will you have pikachu refuse to evolve?
Actually I was going to tkake out the effect of the thunderstone on pikachu completely so it will say"it has no effect" when you try to evovle the pikachu. Now, that will be the only pikachu in the game. The only thing is, that I'm going to make it so the pikachu can still breed, and therefore pichu can be hatched. I'm just wondering if I should still let pichu evolve...

Old February 15th, 2006 (08:32 AM).
Nox30_04
Traveller

Cool, what about an in game trading for Raichu?(so that it would be possible to still get it) it could be put in where that kid wants like a Nidorino for a Nidorina cause I think thats a useless trade.

Old February 15th, 2006 (09:42 AM).
brockman5
Sprite Master..

Really awesome...if you could get pikachu to follow you it would be..(for lack of a better word) a record!!??! Nice looking though, so it looks like this one will compete with the other yellow remake, but good...keep it up!!

Poke' Terrific Comic...come see it now....
If you need an official Beta Tester PM me...
Old February 15th, 2006 (03:03 PM).
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Really nice, I thought about doing a Yellow Remake and replacing the bike sprite with an ash and pikachu, but then there wouldn't be a bike so... anyway nice job.
Old February 15th, 2006 (04:39 PM).
revan323486
Fear me or I'll cry...

Some critisism: Ok.... Some people might look at this (like me) like "Oh no, not another remake waiting to fail..." But for this not to fail, give it something that most remakes don't, like an alternative storyline, like from the shows.
Old February 15th, 2006 (06:17 PM).
johto_master_2012
Beginning Trainer

I like your game! I'm a HACK REVIEWER! I AM?

PIKACHU!!
HARUKA?

johto_master_2012
One of The 1st Pokemon DP players!
Old February 16th, 2006 (07:15 AM).
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Quote originally posted by revan323486:
Some critisism: Ok.... Some people might look at this (like me) like "Oh no, not another remake waiting to fail..." But for this not to fail, give it something that most remakes don't, like an alternative storyline, like from the shows.
okie dokie... Okay, I'll do that eventually I guess...(maybe starting with the 1st jesse & james battle?) Oh, and after you beat the elite four, i might make it possible to travel to johto.

Old February 16th, 2006 (07:28 AM).
jojotjuh
I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!

that would be very cool
Old February 17th, 2006 (04:54 AM).
flash boy
Hacking since 2006

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flash boy Send a message via Yahoo to flash boy
Awesome it looks just like pokemon yellow with improved graphics.
Old February 17th, 2006 (06:18 AM).
x24
Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE

It would actually be nice to have an actual conversion.. many have tried and gaze up but this one looks very promising.. there were enough differences between the two (RGB and Yellow) to make it worth playing.. Jesse and James, Mew (supposedly in the Jap version instead of Mewtwo), all three starters, different setup for the unknown dungeon.. and theres a few more I'm sure u can add.. Don't bother with the missing 'following' Pikachu, or the sufing game.. its not that big of a feature.. You can base event son the happiness of the first pokemon in your party..

If you're going to change the story or something.. make changes to the Sevii islands.. like different islands.. different items to find and buy and featuring different pokemon (different ones from johto and some from hoenn), celebi or additionals that u make..
No of (Non-Gyarados) Shinies: 4

<-Proud supporter of GSC Remakes.. you may use if you like..

Website Progress Thread
Old February 17th, 2006 (10:22 AM).
yankee_fanatic33
GENIUS INC.

Nature: Impish
This looks like a cool hack/remake! I love Pokemon Yellow a lot! I was dissapointed when Nintendo didn't make an official LightningYellow, but I'll like this one, too!

Get your Portable ID!

Quote originally posted by Albert Einstein:
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science…
Old February 17th, 2006 (07:32 PM).
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Nice hack ya' got going here! You should add some HM Tutors to teach Pikachu to Fly and Surf, 'cause this game obviously doesn't work with Pokmon Stadium.

You should also change the GFX somewhat, to make it feel like Yellow. I don't mean make them like the original Yellow, just improve them.
Old February 18th, 2006 (07:44 AM).
Red
Pokémon Trainer

Quote originally posted by majinx24:
It would actually be nice to have an actual conversion.. many have tried and gaze up but this one looks very promising.. there were enough differences between the two (RGB and Yellow) to make it worth playing.. Jesse and James, Mew (supposedly in the Jap version instead of Mewtwo), all three starters, different setup for the unknown dungeon.. and theres a few more I'm sure u can add.. Don't bother with the missing 'following' Pikachu, or the sufing game.. its not that big of a feature.. You can base event son the happiness of the first pokemon in your party..

If you're going to change the story or something.. make changes to the Sevii islands.. like different islands.. different items to find and buy and featuring different pokemon (different ones from johto and some from hoenn), celebi or additionals that u make..
I was planning to leave the original sevii islands in, and maybe make new levels including some johto.(there's so much empty space in the rom, why not?) For now, I'm just going to script the changes from red/blue to yellow, but later on, it will be possible.
Quote originally posted by Don Patch:
Nice hack ya' got going here! You should add some HM Tutors to teach Pikachu to Fly and Surf, 'cause this game obviously doesn't work with Pok�mon Stadium.

You should also change the GFX somewhat, to make it feel like Yellow. I don't mean make them like the original Yellow, just improve them.
Only if the surfing pikachu is on a surf board.(Like in gsc, if you had a pikachu that knew surf, the surfing sprite looked like a surfing pikachu)
But I might add it in.
And I might change the gfx, I was planning to, but I still have to figure this stuff out...
Expect Another Beta Soon!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links