The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old March 17th, 2006 (10:56 AM).
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

Since my old art thread is as good as dead I decided to make a new one (if you wish to close it go right ahead). Anyway... let's get on with the art shall we?

First some of my older art...
The pixel version: and the photoshopped one:they both need more shading in the hair D=

not before now did I realize how horrible the pixel version looks like <.< I really like how the photoshopped one came out, though _

the pixel version looks horrible and the outlines suck, but I love how the wings turned out on the photoshop colored version <3

Now... some of my newer art:

I entered this one for this months Astravaganza, but I'm not hoping to win anything. At first I thought this thing sucked, but I'm beggining to like it more and more for each day that passes _

I really like how both versions of these came out _ As you can see I used the same tail and head for both my Charmeleon artworks due to laziness x_x

I have more new artworks too, but they turned out horrible so I won't post them here D=

Anyway... C&C please and don't mention the horrible outlining, because I am quite aware of that already
Old March 17th, 2006 (11:43 AM).
Egyptian Sphinx
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Egyptian Sphinx
The Charmeleon artwork. Yousr drawings rock! And I would like to request a drawing of Shadow Lugia
Old March 17th, 2006 (11:46 AM).
Smarties-chan

Quote:
The Charmeleon artwork. Yousr drawings rock! And I would like to request a drawing of Shadow Lugia
Thanks _ I'm sorry to say I don't really do requests, but I might consider making a Lugia and I'll make a shadow version of it too if you want to ~_^
I'm working on some Ninetales art right now, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the anatomy D= Oh well... *goes back to work*
Old March 17th, 2006 (12:17 PM).
Egyptian Sphinx
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Egyptian Sphinx
Yes. I would like to have Shadow Lugia
Old March 17th, 2006 (12:27 PM).
AuroPervert
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AuroPervert
Your stuff is really good, I like the way you color, especially in the pixel art.

My only suggestion would be in Photoshop, set your tolerance to 0 when you flood fill things, or it will seep over just like it did in all of your Photoshop pieces.

Squirtle is probably the greatest Pokemon ever.

Credits: PokeSho
Old March 17th, 2006 (12:37 PM).
Esupio
Pokémon Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Esupio
I prefer your pixel stuff to the photoshop thing :p

The back of the second charmeleon, use the curved line tool in paint to fix it up, its kinda rough
Old March 17th, 2006 (02:15 PM).
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
It's great to see more art from you, Smarty! :D I prefer the pixel versions of some (the Charmeleons!) and the Photoshop versions of others (Raikou!) These are really nice pictures overall! I agree with Esupio in that they look a little rough in places (the Charmeleon's back needs editing so it'll show up properly on dark backgrounds) but they're great for the most part!

Keep up the good work! :D

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Old March 26th, 2006 (01:27 AM). Edited March 26th, 2006 by Smarties-chan.
Smarties-chan

*Repost* (got some new art to show you all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroPervert
Your stuff is really good, I like the way you color, especially in the pixel art.

My only suggestion would be in Photoshop, set your tolerance to 0 when you flood fill things, or it will seep over just like it did in all of your Photoshop pieces.
Thanks for the advice and comments _ I'll keep the tolerance thing in mind the next time I do something on Photoshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esupio sono Kamereon
I prefer your pixel stuff to the photoshop thing :p

The back of the second charmeleon, use the curved line tool in paint to fix it up, its kinda rough
Now that you mention it, the back does seem a little rough. I'll fix it at some point, but the thing is that I have only very recently learned how to use the curvy line tool, the outlines always turned out horrible with the curvy line tool, but when I began working on my Ninetales yesterday I had no problem at all using the curvy line tool O.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grovyle
It's great to see more art from you, Smarty! :D I prefer the pixel versions of some (the Charmeleons!) and the Photoshop versions of others (Raikou!) These are really nice pictures overall! I agree with Esupio in that they look a little rough in places (the Charmeleon's back needs editing so it'll show up properly on dark backgrounds) but they're great for the most part!

Keep up the good work! :D

--FG
As I said above, I completely agree that the back looks rough. And thank you for the comments and criticism _ (is it just me or am I repeating myself O.o)

< as suggested, I made Lugia, Egyptian sphinx, I'll make a shadow version of it later today.
It's done entirely on paint and I'm really proud of it And yes, I copied the shading and pose from Sugimori's Lugia.

*edit* I actually got bored enough to make the shadow Lugia straight away O.o here it is: PS. I know the shadow version sucks, but I'm not used to making shadow Pokémon <.<
Old March 26th, 2006 (02:22 AM).
Charon
unscrupulous~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Charon
I love that lugia, Smarties-kun! Your shading is immaculate, as usual.
Uh...I guess if you're struggling for anatomy, do a google image search for fox pictures and things. It might give you a better idea of how a canine's legs work. Or, better yet, grab a dog and feel where her/his joints are. That's how I learnt to draw canines. Yay.

"Bring yours buckets by the dozens,
bring your nieces and your cousins,
come put out the fire on me."

I claimed Zubat in the pokemon claim thread
Most adorable pokemon ever <3
Old March 26th, 2006 (03:22 AM).
Smarties-chan

Quote:
I love that lugia, Smarties-kun! Your shading is immaculate, as usual.
Uh...I guess if you're struggling for anatomy, do a google image search for fox pictures and things. It might give you a better idea of how a canine's legs work. Or, better yet, grab a dog and feel where her/his joints are. That's how I learnt to draw canines. Yay.
Thanks for the comments and advice, Charon-chan _
An image search for a canine creature... why didn't I think of that? >.< I was giving up on the ninetales, but I'll try the image search (my dog would hate it if I grabbed her, she's friendly, but doesn't exactly like being hugged, groomed or touched in any other way)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links