The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Advertise here

Old March 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Cherrion
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Hi

I am planning to do a pokemon fanfic. So far I have resonable experience. I have written a two part series which was lost when my flash disk broke. I have also written an Animorphs one which is currently not finished. I have now decided to try a pokemon fanfic. I have a very good idea of the plot. It will involve the main characters from the hoenn episodes(ash, may and so on). I also tend not to write in chapters and it ends up a big clock of tect so excuse me if I screw up.

I am not sure however of how to start it off. This is what I have got so far.

We join out heros on the way back to the kanto region. The sun is shining down as the ferry sliently glides through the water. Ash continues to look out to the north west waiting for the first glimpse of land.
"well Pikachu were heading home. I wonder what mum has in store for us this time. Remember what happened last time with Mr. Mime" Ash laughs
"Pika-pi" pikachu replies
Max runs up excitedly. "What other Pokemon do you have?" He asks.

that is all I have got so far. what do you think,
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
It's understandable you're new at Pokemon fanfictions; however, spending a lot of effort would be advised. For one thing, many Pokemon fanfic authors would excuse this as unoriginal and trite, as there are no new concepts introduced within the usual group of Ash & co. If you have spell checker or a beta reader (someone who edits things for you before you post them), it'd be a benefit in your case. Try to incorporate creativity in your writing and definitely make it longer, or else your story [as of right now] is rather bland and unfinished. ;

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old March 25th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Cherrion
Beginning Trainer

Thanks. But that is an opening paragraph and there is never anything exciting in opening paragraphs. However I do have a few new conceps up my sleeve that will unfold later on. One of which people may find very interesting.
Old March 25th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Drifblim
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to Drifblim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Drifblim Send a message via Yahoo to Drifblim
What things in particular do you have in mind?
Old March 25th, 2006, 03:54 AM
ash_rocks
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
i dont think he will tell us his ideas crystal walrein
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Cherrion
Beginning Trainer

you got that right. I am going to start on it now anyway. i will post it later on. Lets just say that Asm meets someone very special and has the battle of a lifetime.
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
Quote:
Thanks. But that is an opening paragraph and there is never anything exciting in opening paragraphs. However I do have a few new conceps up my sleeve that will unfold later on. One of which people may find very interesting.

...If the introductory paragraph is boring, do you think people will be interested? I'm not telling you to make it exciting, but there are stories that start out with such paragraphs. Crystal's intentions weren't to steal your ideas or anything, just help. XP

Good luck!

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here