Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2004 (10:29 PM).
Shining Angel

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Misty Lover17 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Misty Lover17 Send a message via Skype™ to Misty Lover17
Quote originally posted by The Adamant Dodger:
Berky-poo is right, I've done that far too many times.

Sweet pic, ML17. what I find best is Ash's expression. 'Tis perfect for him!
Thanks!

I really want to see the Misty specials. They got a lot of cool stuff. I got some cool pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hosousp5-09.jpg‎ (10.4 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg hosousp5-01.jpg‎ (12.8 KB, 17 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg hosousp2-15.jpg‎ (28.8 KB, 20 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg hosousp5-13.jpg‎ (12.9 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg hosousp5-19.jpg‎ (15.0 KB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Also, check out my new awesome fanclub!

Old June 30th, 2004 (05:20 AM).
Hyper Member

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokeknight Send a message via Yahoo to pokeknight
cool pics mistylover 17 and your story was very nice James{well i am calling admagent dodger with this name because he has got James' pi with support for him in his sig!}
And guys can u slow a bit down in replying!grin!!!

Spoiler:
Ash and misty look so Pretty battling each other don't They?

Ash Looks cool while turning his cap!

All time pokeshipper...
Old June 30th, 2004 (08:12 AM).

Quote originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
Yeah, some of them catch up with discarded characters in the hosos, which worries me...besides the three with Misty, there are ones that feature Gary, Prof. Oak, Tracey, Casey (the baseball fanatic from Johto), some TR backstories, and things like that. I just hope that they make the hosos with Misty to give us some information about her before they make her return, and not just as some special features with no hope of her ever returning...
I agree with you on that. It's really irritating when they start to take out the original characters and its even worse when they try to replace them. You know, I read somewhere that Jessie and James were supposed to be replaced by Butch and Cassidy but weren't because of their huge japanese fan base; so maybe it was because of Misty's popularity that she was taken off for so long. But maybe those next to episodes she's suppose to be in will mark her comeback.
Old June 30th, 2004 (08:21 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chairman Kaga
Unfortunately the two AG episodes with Misty don't mention anything of a possible return, if memory serves me right...I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up again in AG, though. If she does before Ash makes it to the Hoenn league championship in Japan, then that would certainly be a good sign. As of now, her fate is in the air...

They planned to replace Jessie and James with Butch and Cassidy? That wouldn't be right...the reason B&C are so great is because they appear so rarely in the show, and that they're model TR members, evil to the core. But that would all be ruined if they were in every episode...no doubt they would be dumbed down in a way that only suits J&J...

Old June 30th, 2004 (08:22 AM).
死神

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kenta-kun
Are you for or against Kasumi, Rose Flame? Butch & Cassidy (I don't know any of the TR Japanese names...) were only ever minor characters, appearing every now & then, but Jessie & James remained the main TR characters for the series. Kasumi has been almost totally replaced by Haruka now; if it is as you say, then Kasumi must not have a very large fan base in Japan. By saying that the replacement of a character is based on their fan base, then you're also saying that Haruka is a more popular character than Kasumi (and by saying that, u're bound to get uber-flamed by almost every1 in this club)
Old June 30th, 2004 (08:25 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

I think she means that it was by Misty's popularity that she wasn't taken off for so long...a typo, I believe.

I'm sure Misty has a huge Japanese fanbase...but then again, Japan cares about the American fanbase too. I heard somewhere that Brock was brought back because the Americans were upset that he was gone...

Old June 30th, 2004 (08:28 AM).
死神

Quote originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
I think she means that it was by Misty's popularity that she wasn't taken off for so long...a typo, I believe.
Then her argument completely works against her....Kasumi wasn't taken off for a little bit of time & then brought back, she was actually replaced by another character
Old June 30th, 2004 (09:58 AM).
Shining Angel

Send a message via AIM to Misty Lover17 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Misty Lover17 Send a message via Skype™ to Misty Lover17
Ironicly, they just showed the episode last night where he returned. Of course, it was because of Professor...........

[Brock goes and hides in a corner] Brock:"Don't mention that name"

If the Magikarp salesman can make a reappearence[which he just did in Japan], then Misty can surely reappear and return. That would make both us and Ash happy.

Old June 30th, 2004 (11:51 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Kenta-kun:
Then her argument completely works against her....Kasumi wasn't taken off for a little bit of time & then brought back, she was actually replaced by another character
Brock was replaced by Tracey, though...and I think Misty's been gone in Japan about the same amount of time that Brock was gone...but since the Orange Islands arc was only one season, and the Hoenn arc looks like it's going to be two seasons, so they can't replace May with Misty again in the middle of an arc, so we'll just have to wait until the end of this league like we had to for Brock to come back...

Old June 30th, 2004 (12:46 PM).
Crystal Tier

Wait misty has been gone WAY longer then brock was, he was only gone for the orange league which was 50-somthing episodes. Misty's all ready been gone for more then 70 episodes.
Old June 30th, 2004 (01:36 PM).
PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ozy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Ozy~
I believe she'll come back, just because of the massive size of said fanbase. The reason it'll be a while, though, is due to the time required to complete the Hoenn arc. If the were to jolt the storyline like that by bringing back an older character permanently right in the middle of an arc it'd make very little sense overall. Besides, all the little kids who discarded Misty the instant they saw May might get upset by her sudden and unexplained reappearence.

Speaking of Misy being discarded, a while back I had a horrible dream. In it, I was sitting and talking over Pokemon with a friend. we're in a crowd of children, and Misty enters the conversation. Then one of the little punks comes up and says "Who's Misty?" I remember wanting to strangle the kid even after I woke up.

"Your Grace, all that you say is true. On the Trident, Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought honorably, Rhaegar fought nobly, and Rhaegar died.
Old June 30th, 2004 (01:40 PM). Edited June 30th, 2004 by ~*Silent Tattsu*~.
Has gone~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~*Silent Tattsu*~

Oh jeeeez, are you seriously saying that i have to have one of my Evidence on Misty's return rants again?! ><

Guys, please, lets not start a opinion war. This is the BMB, for people who want her back. Being pesimistic about her return makes everyone despressed. Kenta-kun, its not very respectful to only post in this thread to make a argument.

I guess i will put my points in though ; Here ya go Misty Fans, this should make you more confident.

1. The Relationship - Right, shipping's a factor, and we'll need to take all factors into account if we want to figure out whether Misty's likely to come back. And no, the Pokeshipping subplot is NOT resolved (Duh ). Misty likes Ash - she's liked him ever since the Orange Islands - and it's clear to see from the HoSo specials that the writers haven't forgotten this. Misty's feelings are a dangling plot-thread.
The writers spend - what was it - four seasons? Five? - developing Misty's crush, then give her an incredibly shippy farewell scene in Gotta Catch Ya Later (the handkerchief, "well, Ash Ketchum, now I finally know what you think of me"), and plant several little reminders of the crush's existence in Misty's HoSo specials... and all for what? Nothing? Just chuck it straight out the Window? I really don't see that happening @@ The writers got rid of Togetic for a reason and have kept Misty in the dark for another reason. Don't get me wrong, i adore Togepi, as you may know Togetic's one of my fave Pokemon, but i really think it's for the best. Togepi was basicly destroying Misty's character, she had to act like his mother 24/7, she always had her attention on him, and he was always in her arms. Her personality was running dry and she had less time to focus on Ash. If she is to come back, Misty will come back fresh and better than ever. And ofcourse she'll have more time to concentrate on Ash ^.~

As for Misty being left in the dark, its almost as if she's suspended in time.
There's levels of suspicion, viewers pondering over wether she'll return or not. Tension. Thats what the writers want, it keeps their viewing levels high, keeps the Misty fans watching. Its almost like a cliff hanger.

2. May/Advance shipping? A threat to AAML and Misty's return? - AdvanceShipping is virtually baseless IMO. Am I the only one who doesn't think that there is any basis whatsoever for AdvanceShipping in the anim?
There are slight hints, of course, but no more than for the totally-discredited GymShipping (Brock+Misty). I don't even belive in those ones. However, Ash has never shown the level of attachment to May that he has to Misty. He has referred to her, indirectly, on many occasions, often in May's company.
Ash's relationship with May is that of senior to junior Trainer. She is his Apprentice and, no doubt, he has been of great help to her behind the scenes. However, he has never shown the emotional closeness and vulnerability towards May that he repeatedly did towards Misty. Nuff said.
As for May and Max, i belive they are Seasonal characters made to put some spice in AG. People claim that Pokemon was in need of some new characters, so they introduce May and Max. But IMO May is a a avertising character, she was brought into AG because she is one of the playable characters in Ruby?Sapphire, and they thought she would increase the R/S sales. Thats marketing. May and Max i belive will be left behind at the end of AG, Hoen's their home country. If Ash and Brock go back to Kanto, May and Max won't go with them IMO.

Anyhoo, i have a few more points to make, but i have to go now ; *Waves* Heres some piccies guys!

--- Why i left PC ---

Quote originally posted by Chairman Kaga's sig:
<< left PC and PROUD OF IT >>

I've come to my senses--PC makes me absolutely sick, I hate it. No, this isn't an attention-grab like some morons say it is, it's my stand against the degredation of this once-great place. It's clear to me that PC has been absolutely ruined, and I'll never be back. I'd like to thank the few of you who stand with me, especially people like Silent Tattsu and Frostweaver, as they have given me the strength to rise above this place. I need to get on with my life, especially after some of you have perverted and absolutely obliterated the old PC spirit. I'm not welcome here, and if I may say so, I don't care to be here. Just you wait, and PC will be dead. Not the forums themselves, as, at length, was stated in another topic, but the spirit of PC, more important than any individual member or group of members. It's fading fast, and I won't be around when it disappears, leaving an empty shell of a forum filled with members who delight in this new, ruinous order. So I have chosen to be brave and leave, even if it is unpopular or considered un-PC-ish. Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm about as anti-PC as anyone can get right about now.
Nuff said. I don't need to explain, Kaga says it all. Please don't PM me, since i won't be here to check them. And while your at it stop giving Kaga bad rep points for his sig. One word i-m-m-a-t-u-r-e.
Old June 30th, 2004 (01:41 PM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Eh, I'm not keeping an exact count. I suppose my point is that they can't bring her back until an entire arc is completed...

Old June 30th, 2004 (07:05 PM).
I Wanna Leave PC, Too!

Send a message via Yahoo to Gohan's Chick
Hey, do you guys mind if I join?

Blinkie by Totodile

Whatever you're doing, go away! It ain't any of your business how this sig looks!
Old June 30th, 2004 (07:10 PM).
死神

I appologise for sounding pessimistic. I was just looking at things from a different pov, I do not wish to force my beliefs on anyone here (on a completely unrelated note, does Wally appear in AG at all?)
Old June 30th, 2004 (08:16 PM).
Shining Angel

So far, there has been no appearence of Wally in the show. Brandon made a cameo in Jirachi: Wish Maker in the beginning seqence which explains the world of Pokemon, though.

Sure you can join Gonan's Chick! Welcome!

On an another unrelated note, my sister wants to know if anyone here can play Lugia's Song on a flute or a recorder.

Your points are great Tatts! Also, your attached pictures didn't appear at all.

I see you got Doc Ock as an avatar Kaga. Thats cool! I just nicknamed my Octillery Doc Ock! I can't wait to see Spider Man 2. My sister can't wait ether.

I'm not going without showing a picture of our cutie, so here's a very cute picture of Misty from the episode Hocus Pokemon! [the one where Ash gets turned in to a Pikachu]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg misty-begging.jpg‎ (26.8 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old July 1st, 2004 (03:30 AM).
Has gone~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~*Silent Tattsu*~
I appologise for sounding pessimistic. I was just looking at things from a different pov, I do not wish to force my beliefs on anyone here (on a completely unrelated note, does Wally appear in AG at all?)

Don't worry about it Kenta-Kun. Sorry for bursting out like that, just goes to show how fiery i am like the red-head herself ;
Don't take it personally, i was just having a bad day
So yeah, i'm real sorry.

Oh? Wally? I have no idea if he has/is appeared in AG *Confused* I'd like to see him make a appearance, cause i thought he was quite cool in the R/S Games. Does anybody have any info on him appearing in AG?

*Checks Member list* Wow, we are on a roll this month! =D
Welcome to The BMB Gohan's Chick!

Thankyu ML for the comments! Ya, my pics seem to be invisible on that post don't they? ;p Sorry, i think i forgot to attach them *sweatdrops* Heres some! Gosh, i don't have enough pics of Misty by herself, they always have Ash in too ;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60000.jpg‎ (61.6 KB, 17 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg phoso(newondine).jpg‎ (19.9 KB, 16 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg yume.jpg‎ (98.2 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)

--- Why i left PC ---

Quote originally posted by Chairman Kaga's sig:
<< left PC and PROUD OF IT >>

I've come to my senses--PC makes me absolutely sick, I hate it. No, this isn't an attention-grab like some morons say it is, it's my stand against the degredation of this once-great place. It's clear to me that PC has been absolutely ruined, and I'll never be back. I'd like to thank the few of you who stand with me, especially people like Silent Tattsu and Frostweaver, as they have given me the strength to rise above this place. I need to get on with my life, especially after some of you have perverted and absolutely obliterated the old PC spirit. I'm not welcome here, and if I may say so, I don't care to be here. Just you wait, and PC will be dead. Not the forums themselves, as, at length, was stated in another topic, but the spirit of PC, more important than any individual member or group of members. It's fading fast, and I won't be around when it disappears, leaving an empty shell of a forum filled with members who delight in this new, ruinous order. So I have chosen to be brave and leave, even if it is unpopular or considered un-PC-ish. Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm about as anti-PC as anyone can get right about now.
Nuff said. I don't need to explain, Kaga says it all. Please don't PM me, since i won't be here to check them. And while your at it stop giving Kaga bad rep points for his sig. One word i-m-m-a-t-u-r-e.
Old July 1st, 2004 (04:21 AM).
Moron

Send a message via AIM to Zeo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeo Send a message via Yahoo to Zeo
that Middle pic is from one of the eps she comes back isnt it
The Pikachu Fan Club
and the May Fan Club.

Thanks Darknezz.
Old July 1st, 2004 (05:49 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Yeah, Doc Ock rocks, just had to make him my avvy

And welcome, Gohan's Chick! Hope you have fun here, the only qualification for being here is that you're a Misty fan!

Nice pics Tatt and ML! I love that one with her starry eyes, it's always funny when she does that...she doesn't go into starry-eyed mode nearly enough And I especially like your first pic, Tatt! I love Misty's hair there, it's so different from what she usually has!

Old July 1st, 2004 (06:12 AM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to asher_son_of_ash Send a message via Yahoo to asher_son_of_ash
O.O; Great points, Tatt!! Anyway. And I like the Starry eyed Misty pic too. X3
Old July 1st, 2004 (06:13 AM).
Hyper Member

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokeknight Send a message via Yahoo to pokeknight
Welcome!
Hey! huys i think that the writers had also forgotten that they started pokemon taking Kasumi and Satoshi being made for each other!
As for Haruka replacing Kasumi; i want haruka never to return then like Tracey did! :D

Spoiler:
Ash and misty look so Pretty battling each other don't They?

Ash Looks cool while turning his cap!

All time pokeshipper...
Old July 1st, 2004 (06:17 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Yeah, a bit of reasoning is that Ash can't be her guide forever, can't he? Besides, she's more interested in contests than battling, so May and Ash are going to have to part sooner or later because of their different goals...

at least I hope ._.

Old July 1st, 2004 (07:13 AM).
PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ozy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Ozy~
Good point, that one. Besides, May'll have to grow a spine eventually (just my opinion, folks).

Also, a great big welcome hug for GC. CVisit often, visit well, and have fun.

As for my pic review: Starry-eyed Misty is always cute, but I'm glad they only put her in occasionally, to overdo it would kill the kootness. As to Tattsu's piccy's, well, I love them all, particularly the third, which I love.

"Your Grace, all that you say is true. On the Trident, Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought honorably, Rhaegar fought nobly, and Rhaegar died.
Old July 1st, 2004 (08:50 AM).
Shining Angel

Well, if Misty dosn't return, we can always do this.............. take their bases!

In A.D. 2004, war was beginning.............

[exploding sound]

Director: What happen?

Prouducer: Someone set us up the bomb.

Exec. Producer: We get signal.

Director: What!

Exec. Producer: Main screen turn on.

Director: Its you!!

Tatts : How are you gentleman!!

Tatts:All your Misty are belong to us.

Tatts: You are on the way to cancelation.

Director: What you say?!

Tatts:You have no chance to survive make your time.

Tatts: Ha Ha Ha ....

Producer: Director!!

Director: Take off every 'ZIG'[zagoon] !!

Director: You know what your doing!!

Director: Move 'ZIG'[zagoon].

Director: For great justice.

That be funny! [turns proper English back on] Of course, she will come back. I just felt like doing a All Your Base thing. It would be funny if someone here did a Flash for this club using AYB. It makes sense. It would have alot of Misty pictures, of course.

Old July 1st, 2004 (08:57 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

XD Pokemon meets Zero Wing...I could do that if you want, I have a zero wing rom that I can get pics from...but how could we tie that into the misty club? XD That "All Your Misty Are Belong To Us" phrase is hilarious

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links