The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chairman Kaga

Advertise here
Yeah, probably. I saw a few "may rox misty sux shes 2 angree die misty lol lol" posts in the last Misty vs. May debate, so I suppose we're not alone. There were a whole lot more militant Misty fans in that topic though, one of them *coughmulletcough* even got it closed for his posts ;;

Old August 6th, 2004, 03:40 PM
kirby00
Elite Four

yeah, and also people tend to obsess after a while. i just hope none of us are/become that way as missing some1 who may not positively return as a main character may be giving too much hope. but supposrting her is still a good thing as it shows you care about things many f others may have forgotten. im glad clubs like these exist today to help remind those to not forget even some of the minor chars: ie jigglypuff (a club i made) to bring them back, and show that they are those wanting them to be regulars. and i hope you agree with me when i say "cant wait for jigglypuff to return" yay!
Old August 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
~Ozy~
PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ozy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Ozy~
Well, I osess a bit, I know that. But I obsess healthily. I don't do the kinky erotic fanfics and such, but I will debate until I get banned for sheer stubborness in favor of Misty.

But on the issue of militancy, I think it increases once a character leaves the show. Militant May fancs can hide behind the shield of "Misty was cut from the show, so May must be superior" for now. Militant pro-Misty's can't do the same and so they show their true form.

"Your Grace, all that you say is true. On the Trident, Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought honorably, Rhaegar fought nobly, and Rhaegar died.
Old August 6th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

I admit I also obsess over Misty as well and debate in my mind about whether she'll be back or not. Although available evidence points toward her returning, I still worry that she's gone for good. I sometimes feel militant when I think about who she was replaced with, but I never let any anger show. I just bide my time and hope that the Hoenn arc will end in Japan soon so our questions will be answered.

Oh, and this is my 200th post in this topic

Old August 6th, 2004, 04:10 PM
kirby00
Elite Four

wow you are obsessed... j/k =). but hmm. ya it would be interesting. i think about pokemon alot, (way too much) and i think it would be better if misty returned, got rid of max, had may as a seperate journey (i htink they have her in the specials) and isty was totally cooler and different. *not to offend those who miss her old personae* but like if her poke were fully evolved, and strong with great moves. and she totally beats ash and then she is a little more cocky, and less quiete. if she was loud, *not too much i say* but enoguh to make hr intimidating to the rest of who they see it would be fun to see her be cocky and prove it. it may take attention away from ash, but she needed more air-time anyways. brock could alos be more in-the-game and talk more instead of jsut making food and giving small tips most ppl who watched for at least b4 adv. gen. know
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:48 PM
yoshi1001
Pokemon Disc Jockey

Send a message via AIM to yoshi1001 Send a message via Yahoo to yoshi1001
Here's a funny little song I play on the station. Even though it was released in 1987, you have to get a little suspicious by word, um, four:

http://letrasdecanciones.tomamusica....tify_46188.htm

I actually made a "remix" of this using quotes that I play during live broadcasts.

I've tried to put my finger on what makes Misty so compelling. Anyone ever been interested (romantically or otherwise) in someone similar?

Support Pokemon Music! (fixed link)

Listen to PIRN - Pokemon Radio!

"Television couldn't kill radio, but maybe Ash will."
-Professor Oak (Air Time)

Last edited by yoshi1001; August 6th, 2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old August 6th, 2004, 08:16 PM
pokeknight
Hyper Member

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokeknight Send a message via Yahoo to pokeknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceLite
Okay I'll join.... *signs up* say hi to ur new club member!!! now what do i do?? i know....get a pic of Misty for my sig!!!! .... that is when i can change it .....

*goes off to find pic*
Welcome here lancelite!
Well! I must admit that i may be one of pro-misty fans, but i am till she's back only.I think May is good to be a character but secondary ones only to be shown in main storyline and good enough to be shown in specials.Anyway, i had asked some people not to mention May's name here because then some non-clubmember May fins will just begin to make this a May lover+Misty hater club! There are many more pro-May Millitants too. One of them is *coughKairicough*.

Spoiler:
Ash and misty look so Pretty battling each other don't They?

Ash Looks cool while turning his cap!

All time pokeshipper...
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:21 PM
kirby00
Elite Four

what are you guys, spies now? if you are gonna count hwo is doing this, then that'll jsut start something esp. if them or some1 they know see what you guys are saying and get pissed. and kairi being a mod. shouldnt be mentioned like hat, and if she is that way she shouldnt be if she's a mod.
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:35 PM
pokeknight
Hyper Member

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokeknight Send a message via Yahoo to pokeknight
Sorry to say but she's like that anyway let's stop this cause mods can get angry by this. Anyway, what's going to be our new topic? Our rp is also too slow and our Big members like ML17 and ~Silent Tattsu~ aren't online and not in the club?[too bad for a busy club like this.]

Spoiler:

All time pokeshipper...
Old August 7th, 2004, 02:24 AM
LanceLite
~Clone of a Max!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LanceLite
thanx to everyone who welcomed me!!! kairi's a may fan???... whats a miltank thingy anyway?? .....

i think may is one interfering old hag... XD theres a rumor going on at another forum i go to. it says that misty will be back in the next season. thats where shes gonna be telling ash all about her love for him. may is gonna be off with that other guy in movie 7... but i dont believe anything of it. of course..... ash/misty shipping is what i do... XD

Supreme Edgeboy Max's mule!
Mule:
an extra account belonging to someone which is used for certain cases such as freaky emergencies and sitcom situations.

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:26 AM
pokeknight
Hyper Member

well, Lancelate, i can see that u are a true pokeshippper lover. I am happy to see one again. As for everybody here, we do beleive that Misty is coming back in next season.

Spoiler:

All time pokeshipper...
Old August 7th, 2004, 05:36 AM
asher_son_of_ash
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to asher_son_of_ash Send a message via Yahoo to asher_son_of_ash
O_o; Hm. I wish I could see a new show with Misty in it. But anyway. They needed to take Misty out for a few simple reasons such as the reason that they wanted to give Pokemon a whole new outlook like making a game character come into the anime. (This has never been done before. Exception from the Gym Leaders and a few minor characters) The way the anime focuses a bit more on the game. =P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 303424275.jpg‎ (2.8 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg 309493811.jpg‎ (3.8 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg 328367677.jpg‎ (3.3 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by asher_son_of_ash; August 7th, 2004 at 05:42 AM.
Old August 7th, 2004, 06:55 AM
~Ozy~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ozy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Ozy~
Well, seeing as how planning/writing for season 8 has probably only just begun (if it's begun at all), it's highly unlikely that anyone who isn't directly involved would have anything more than logical guesses as to the contents.

As for why she was revomved, Asher has just about covered it. They were trying to put in a few more game tie-ins, perhaps to let the young'uns know a bit more about Ru/Sa. Furthermore, like it or not, Misty's character was underdeveloped compared to the others. I suppose she needed a bit of a break.

"Your Grace, all that you say is true. On the Trident, Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought honorably, Rhaegar fought nobly, and Rhaegar died.
Old August 7th, 2004, 08:38 AM
LanceLite
~Clone of a Max!

BRING HER BACK... ;_; *cries like heck* i want misty back..... for some reason i like to call Misty by her japanese name tho i force myself to call her by her english name. .........oh well... maybe i'll start saying Kasumi again.......

oi asher ur pics dont work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwalpokemon
well, Lancelate, i can see that u are a true pokeshippper lover. I am happy to see one again. As for everybody here, we do beleive that Misty is coming back in next season.
yup u got that rite... always have and will be a pokeshipper..... SATOSHI AND KASUMI ALL THE WAY TO THE WEDDING CENTER!!!!

and one more thing... MY NAME IS LANCELITE NOT LATE..... grrr.....

Mule:
an extra account belonging to someone which is used for certain cases such as freaky emergencies and sitcom situations.

Old August 7th, 2004, 11:36 AM
kirby00
Elite Four

neways, i think misty doesn need major improvement, but the real improvements should go to brock... i mean, he ad almost no part in the series and he was the 1 who returned rather than misty. if they bring him back, he should definetly have more parts in the show.
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:55 PM
~Ozy~

Misty, by the end of Johto arc, did need severe improvement (as much as I hate to admit it). She was little better than May, I think. She was a far cry from the tempremental hothead I first met. For a prime example, look at her reaction to Melody early on in P2K and compare to her reaction to Macy in the Silver Conference. 'Twas sad to see such a decline, really. Brock, though, already had his role. He was the father figure/mentor to Ash and not much else, so his character has never developed much more, nor has he needed to.

Old August 7th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

Is there something wrong with Asher's attachments? ;_;

Anyway, I must agree (though a bit grudgingly) that Misty had lost many of her original qualities by the end of the Johto arc. The bad thing is that May didn't have any personality to begin on, so it still felt like there was a gap where Misty once was although the space was filled with May. I'm hoping that when/if Misty comes back her personality will be what it once was...the writers have had long enough to think over these things, they've had to realize that some error was made in taking out Misty and another error was made in slowly eroding away at her personality.

Oh, and to respond to something that was mentioned earlier, I don't think Kairi is a militant May fan I know her name at the old forums was Haruka (or was it Harkua-chan?) but that doesn't make her militant, she's just a regular fan, just like most of us are regular Misty fans <_<;;

Old August 7th, 2004, 06:01 PM
~Ozy~

They don't show up for me, at least.

I suppose I'll admit now that I kinda liked May at the first. For the first two episodes she seemed like she might be more interesting than she is. A bit more aof a foil to Ash's constant antics. But, she lost her charm after that. Pity, really. They could've done so much more with her.

Old August 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
kirby00
Elite Four

o you guys are soo harsh, why not like her since msity is gone. ya it might ruin the meaning of the club, but its better than jsut not replacing her, and jsut have ash with brock. (actually that might have been better) and since you have to see her to see the show, y'all should stop complaining or just not watch it anymore. and the petition ownt work, because they already aired stuff in japan, and if its in japan they cant change the story to U.S. and even for the next season, i think misty shouldint return b/c it would ruin her being absent in the first place (i mean if the hoenn thing is still going) and may isnt that bad, its better than have to hear her immature voice get mad at ash mostly b/c she's mad at him for her not being able to tell him how she feels (misty). at least mays problems are when she gets insulted and defends herself 9like when drew made fun of her), she did very well, may i add for her very first battle using beautifly in a contest... she isnt immature towards boys, and she doesnt need to be told to be quiete/calmed-down as misty did
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:06 AM
pokeknight
Hyper Member

I don't like the ways you guys take May's matter in here. Let's forget about her guys, this is Misty club so let's have a new topic about Misty and leave the matters of may behind.I think that we need more Misty pics and Fansprites. So, let's search for them.
Anyway,
[spoiler=The characters That I most dislike in Pokemon anime are:]May and Max[/spoiler]

Spoiler:

All time pokeshipper...
Old August 8th, 2004, 08:30 AM
~Ozy~

*sardonic grin*
She comes up naturally every few pages, like it or not, ujjwal. I suppose it's a matter of course, but it's a matter of endless discussion when we can't think of anything else. Besides, anything involving Misty will eventually have May brought up.

Old August 8th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby00
i think misty shouldint return b/c it would ruin her being absent in the first place (i mean if the hoenn thing is still going) and may isnt that bad,
Then why are you in this club? It's the Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club, after all.

I don't mind discussing May, as long as it doesn't spiral down into some of the discussion we've seen lately. I suppose I'm quite good at pointing out her faults more than anything else and I'll continue to do so until our goals are achieved. Truth be told I'd rather discuss Misty again though, we need to get this club back to what it used to be =/

Old August 8th, 2004, 08:42 AM
~Ozy~

Whit just about four people, Star, ML17, Tatts-sama and that one other person who's name I can never remember gone? We can try, I suppose.

Old August 8th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

Yeah, I do with they'd come back...and I think you're thinking of Misty's Brother. There's a lot missing now ;; The thing is Tatt has half-left PC I think, ML17's whereabouts are unknown, and Misty's Brother is on vacation I think...I just hope it gets better soon.

Old August 8th, 2004, 09:49 AM
LanceLite
~Clone of a Max!

i hate vacation time when everyones gone away somewhere or the other..

okay... now i think kirby like may sorta.... i should post that link to u guys here too but u probably heard it from the other thread. hehs....

Ash: imagine brock married??
Misty: u and i will be married someday too...
Ash: mmmhmmm... WHAT?????

i love that clip...

Mule:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here