The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old January 8th, 2007 (11:10 AM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummershuff View Post
Awesome work here, Fuz. My favorites would have to be Vinive and Veco. :3 Keep up the work!
Thanks, Matt. I'll certainly try to keep it up. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by altarialover View Post
Awww, all the sprites are awesome. XD, I especially love Pengarum & Telehop!

Can't wait to see more of your great work. ;D
Thanks, Tali. Strangley enough, Pengarum and Telehop were two of the first 5 sprites in the Dex. Glad ya like them. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy Rayquaza View Post
Thease spirtes are spectalcualer but it you might just work on the shading just a little bit.

Thease ae awsome keep up the good work I would like to see more of your work!

~Snowy
Thanky, Snowy. I appreciate. I do have to go back and touch up some of the older sprites in the Dex. I've learned a lot about shading, and spriting in general, in the year and a half that I've worked on this.

[News!!]I'm working on a DexPad display format where I can include Pokemon Types. I've sprited some icons for the different types, so now I just need to work on finalizing some types and including them in the display. I hope to have this up within the next week or so, so keep your eyes open. XD

Here's a preview of the sprite I'll be releasing later tonight. =P

This is where I'd post my PC family if any of them were still here. D:
Old January 8th, 2007 (12:36 PM).
KeesZ
Beginning Trainer

Let me guess, a Muschroom pokemon? =P Your dex is pretty good and original! Keep up the good work! I like Vinive alot, it's very original. Oh, I forgot to say, Ithome is also one of my Favorites! He's vey cool
Old January 8th, 2007 (10:44 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesZ View Post
Let me guess, a Muschroom pokemon? =P Your dex is pretty good and original! Keep up the good work! I like Vinive alot, it's very original. Oh, I forgot to say, Ithome is also one of my Favorites! He's vey cool
Thank you for the compliments, Keesz. You've made some wise choices as favorite monsters. You are a wonferful guesser as well. ;D

[Update!!] Well, here it is. This is the new Poison type I previewed earlier today. I've named the new creature, Biongus, and as Keesz guessed, it is a Mushroom pokemon. XD

Old January 8th, 2007 (11:04 PM). Edited January 8th, 2007 by Simplicity.
Simplicity
~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaFuz View Post
Thanks, Tali. Strangley enough, Pengarum and Telehop were two of the first 5 sprites in the Dex. Glad ya like them. XD
Really? Your first five must have been your best work then. XD

Quote:
[Update!!] Well, here it is. This is the new Poison type I previewed earlier today. I've named the new creature, Biongus, and as Keesz guessed, it is a Mushroom pokemon. XD

...It sure does look poisonous, great work.

| Inactive on PC | Theme: Very Green | Join BF |
Old January 9th, 2007 (12:02 AM).
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Wow Kevin, the quality of the sprite is amazing. The design and shading definitely displays this as one of your better entries to the MegaDex.

Now I'm just being picky, but maybe you should shade a bit under the brim of it's mushroom cap, since it would be sticking out a bit right?

Keep it up.
Old January 9th, 2007 (08:24 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Thanks for the comments guys!

Ray, I added shading where you suggested it. Thanks for pointing that out. XD

[Update!!] The DexPad has now been updated with the four newest released sprites. I slightly touched up both the Biongus and Razoris sprites. I just finished up spriting the Type symbols that I'll be adding to the DexPad as well. The symbols will be included into a Type Key which will be posted above the DexPad. You can check that out below, and the rest of the updates can be seen in the first post of the thread. Expect the display to be updated with the Type symbols very shortly.

Just a reminder!! You might need to refresh to see the updates to the first post correctly. =P

[Update!!] The DexPad is now up to date with each monster's type/s. Check out the new display below. XD

Old January 9th, 2007 (09:27 PM).
Simplicity
~♥~

Quote:
[Update!!] The DexPad has now been updated with the four newest released sprites. I slightly touched up both the Biongus and Razoris sprites. I just finished up spriting the Type symbols that I'll be adding to the DexPad as well. The symbols will be included into a Type Key which will be posted above the DexPad. You can check that out below, and the rest of the updates can be seen in the first post of the thread. Expect the display to be updated with the Type symbols very shortly.

Ooh, that was smart. I like the little key. =D

I'll try to spot the new sprites now...

Old January 10th, 2007 (11:58 AM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Ooh, that was smart. I like the little key. =D

I'll try to spot the new sprites now...
You've probably already seen the new sprites, Tali. They were the ones that I had released over the past week or so and I was just adding them into the DexPad. I believe they were...Caprus, Vinive, Ueco, and Biongus. =P

[Update!!] I've got a new sprite to release today. This is Nestwirl's pre-evolution, Nespin. As you can see from the newly added Type symbols, Nespin and Nestwirl are both Flying types. Duh, right?! XD Anywho...let me know what you think. I've updated the DexPad to include Nespin, so it is completely up to date with all released material.

Old January 10th, 2007 (08:59 PM).
Simplicity
~♥~

Quote:
You've probably already seen the new sprites, Tali. They were the ones that I had released over the past week or so and I was just adding them into the DexPad. I believe they were...Caprus, Vinive, Ueco, and Biongus. =P

[Update!!] I've got a new sprite to release today. This is Nestwirl's pre-evolution, Nespin. As you can see from the newly added Type symbols, Nespin and Nestwirl are both Flying types. Duh, right?! XD Anywho...let me know what you think. I've updated the DexPad to include Nespin, so it is completely up to date with all released material.

Oh okay. o.o

Oh, kawaii...I love it's wings pattern. So it's just a flying type right, not flying type as it's second type?

Old January 11th, 2007 (11:55 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Oh, kawaii...I love it's wings pattern. So it's just a flying type right, not flying type as it's second type?
I hope I answered your question when we talked in my FanClub. If you ever have more questions, just feel free to ask, Tali. XD

[Update!!] I've got another pre-evolution to release here today. The Electric type, Thorcolt, was one of the first sprites I ever released in the Dex. It's about time I get around to spriting it's pre-evo, right?! Well, here it is...the new Electric type pre-evolution to Thorcolt...Perucolt!! I went back and slightly touched up Thorcolt to better match Perucolt. It was mainly the outlining that I changed, and I doubt anyone will even notice the difference. Anywho...both sprites are posted below. The DexPad was re-worked as well, so head to Page 1, refresh, and check it out!! XD

Old January 12th, 2007 (12:46 AM).
Simplicity
~♥~

Yup, you did. XD

Oh, it looks nice in that position with it's legs...<3

Old January 12th, 2007 (06:29 AM).
Amachi

Heh, once again you show your impressive skill Kevin, as well as the considerable amount of improvement you have made.

They both look excellent, and you can tell the difference between the old and new Thorcolt. Hmm, the stripes are only have one shade though.

I hope to see more from you in terms of new entries as well as touch ups of your older ones.

Keep it up.
Old January 13th, 2007 (02:57 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Thanks for the comments, guys. As always, I really appreciate it.

[Update!!] Okay, I felt that the old Katoora sprite made him look far too timid. Not necessarily a good look for a Fighting type Pokemon. =P So yeah, I've gone back and slightly touched up Katoora's head and mouth area. He looks a lot more malicious now with him baring his teeth, so I'm quite happy with the little adjustment. You can check out the edit below.

I should have a new addition to the Dex very soon...hopefully later tonight. Be sure to check back for that. ;D

Old January 17th, 2007 (11:24 AM).
Nor
Jesus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Nor
Those are so cool. Keep it up.

Fanfic Ad Banner made by Scrap.
Chapter 3 up. Chapter 4 Coming Soon.

Awesome Brock Sprite made by Master Of Chaos on Serebii Forums.

"Friends don't let friends miss out on heaven" - Bumper Sticker
Old January 20th, 2007 (08:25 PM).
Simplicity
~♥~

Quote:
[Update!!] Okay, I felt that the old Katoora sprite made him look far too timid. Not necessarily a good look for a Fighting type Pokemon. =P So yeah, I've gone back and slightly touched up Katoora's head and mouth area. He looks a lot more malicious now with him baring his teeth, so I'm quite happy with the little adjustment. You can check out the edit below.

I should have a new addition to the Dex very soon...hopefully later tonight. Be sure to check back for that. ;D
Hehe, it looks evil with the stick, and the grining like that...XD, it looks like it's ready to fight too. o-o

Old January 21st, 2007 (07:03 PM).
Nell

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nell
Quote:

Aww... cute! I don't see many flaws, and those that I can are really rather insignificant ones~
I also LUFF the way you made a spinning pattern on its wing, which adds to the glamour of its name =D

Quote:
I hope I answered your question when we talked in my FanClub. If you ever have more questions, just feel free to ask, Tali. XD

[Update!!] I've got another pre-evolution to release here today. The Electric type, Thorcolt, was one of the first sprites I ever released in the Dex. It's about time I get around to spriting it's pre-evo, right?! Well, here it is...the new Electric type pre-evolution to Thorcolt...Perucolt!! I went back and slightly touched up Thorcolt to better match Perucolt. It was mainly the outlining that I changed, and I doubt anyone will even notice the difference. Anywho...both sprites are posted below. The DexPad was re-worked as well, so head to Page 1, refresh, and check it out!! XD

Oh, impeccable! I love it. It's cute and flawlessly made, but I think you should make it's closest front leg a wee bit shorter?

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, guys. As always, I really appreciate it.

HA! What a grizzly character, he looks awesome, I'm just a bit concerned about the angle of the feet, but otherwise it's cool! Great job, Prof!
Old January 23rd, 2007 (11:37 AM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
Those are so cool. Keep it up.
Thanks, Nor. I'll do my best. ;D

Quote:
Hehe, it looks evil with the stick, and the grining like that...XD, it looks like it's ready to fight too. o-o
Heheh. Good, cuz that's the look I was going for. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae-kun View Post
Aww... cute! I don't see many flaws, and those that I can are really rather insignificant ones~
I also LUFF the way you made a spinning pattern on its wing, which adds to the glamour of its name =D

Oh, impeccable! I love it. It's cute and flawlessly made, but I think you should make it's closest front leg a wee bit shorter?

HA! What a grizzly character, he looks awesome, I'm just a bit concerned about the angle of the feet, but otherwise it's cool! Great job, Prof!
Thanks for all the C & C, Jae. I thought that front leg on Perucolt was a tad odd looking myself. And I've really been perplexed with Katoora's feet for a while now. I'll play around a little bit and see what I can do to touch them up. Thanks again for the support, man. XD

[News!!]
Sorry for the lack of updates in the last week. I've just been swamped with college starting up again and getting my schedule straightened out and everything. I will try to get some new material up shortly.

Old January 27th, 2007 (11:33 PM).
Simplicity
~♥~

Then you made it just the way you wanted! xD

Quote:
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that! >3

Can't wait for the next update, hopefully it's soon.

Old February 11th, 2007 (11:00 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

[Update!!] Phew. Finally an update. =X

This is a new Electric/Bug typed Pokemon. I've dubbed him Aracsula. It uses its fangs to harness and unleash powerful Electric moves in battle. Aracsulas also have the ability to grow back legs if they are injured and lost. When a new leg is grown back, a new yellow line appears on its back as a sign of toughness and experience.

As always, comments appreciated. XD

Old February 12th, 2007 (06:29 AM).
Amachi

Well other than the solid black outline, it's a nice sprite. And I really like the idea behind it, it's very original.

Anywho, it's about time we saw an update, good work =]
Old February 15th, 2007 (01:20 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Ah, I meant to go back and do some gray outlining but just kinda forgot about it. I'll be sure to fix that when I get a chance. Thanks for the C&C though, Ray. ;D

I have some work I wanted to show off that is unrelated to my MegaDex project. I was bored and decided to do an original Pokemon sprite, and for some reason decided to do Tentacool. I did it in a front view, which I havn't really worked with a whole lot. I guess I'm satisfied with how it turned out, being that it was a pretty quick sprite.

[Update!!] I've gone back and touched up Aracsula a tad. I went in and finished off the outlining by adding in some dark gray. The legs were touched up a tad, especially the right front leg. I also added a third stripe to the back because I thought it looked better. You might have to reload your page to see the updated sprite.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I finished up another piece of work unrelated to the MegaDex. I randomly decided to do something of Horsea to submit to the Community Spriting Project. This was an attempt at a little bit of a different style than I usually sprite in. Instead of using a large color palette, I went with less colors and used more dithering to shade. As always, comments and criticism appreciated. XD

Old February 15th, 2007 (07:21 PM).
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

Nature: Timid
Hey Fuzzy Wump-Wump! Sorry havn't been around a while ^.^

Anyways, i like your recent additions, as you nkow, i love electric types.

The spider intrigues me, ALOT, and the colour scheme i like, but the legs look really...2D-ish o.o Unless you meant them to be like that, as they do look cool, i just wanted to point that out >.>

Old February 15th, 2007 (07:50 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-Swift View Post
Hey Fuzzy Wump-Wump! Sorry havn't been around a while ^.^

Anyways, i like your recent additions, as you nkow, i love electric types.

The spider intrigues me, ALOT, and the colour scheme i like, but the legs look really...2D-ish o.o Unless you meant them to be like that, as they do look cool, i just wanted to point that out >.>
Don't worry about it. =P

Glad you like Aracsula. I'll see if I can add more shading to the legs to get rid of the 2D look. Thanks for the comment, man. XD

Old February 17th, 2007 (01:57 PM).
dreemxweever
Full fledged auto mechanic

Nature: Relaxed
holy jeez.. im extremely impressed with this level of scratch work, i dont see many noticable flaws at all. its amazing MegaFuz, keep at it.
Old February 18th, 2007 (10:27 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Thanks a lot, dreemxweever. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm looking forward to continuing this project, so I'll certainly try to keep at it. ;D

Here's a sneak peak at the new MegaMon I'll be releasing soon. Still working on shading, but you can get a preview of the lineart.

[Update!!] And...the finished product. This is Zyza's evolution, Zyzaqua, and obviously is a water type. I've posted the Zyza sprite along with the new evolution to compare. Check it out and feel free to let me know what you think. =D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links