The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
B-Boy Accension
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
When a newly hatched pokemon is born and put in a daycare center till hes level 70, could i start training him with EVs (will he have 0 evs still?) I think the answer is yes because he wouldnt gain evs from anything, i just dont want to waste alot of time training some pokemon that turns out to be useless becauwse it wasted all the evs while in da care.

hope u understand, peace
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
shanecdavis
Prof. Davis

Please aske simple questions like this in the Simple Questions thread that is stickied at the top.

As for your question, given the fact that a Poke cannot earn EV points until it battles, it is safe to say that leaving it in the Daycare Center is fine. Keep in mind though that if your Poke reaches Lv100, you can no longer EV train, as it takes a level up in order for the stat increase to take.
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Toothache
Deepsea Toothache

Only problem with that is, unless you're planning to use only level up moves (ie no bred-on moves) or TM/Move Tutor moves, the Day Care Centre chooses the moves for you, overwriting the ones that are there with the moves you normally get levelling up. You can always get them back later with Heart Scales if you fancy a few hours of Luvdisc fishing (RSE), or by using XD's Move Returner.

Of course I'm Houndoom, I'm Toothache!
I get Crunch and Bite moves, tasty!
(Thanks to Broleta for the banner)

Random quote: You're not paranoid when they're really out to get you...

Yes, I am back. Chat to me, and get to know me once again.

Old May 11th, 2006, 11:47 PM
pokemontrainer_samuel
Smoochum

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via ICQ to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Yahoo to pokemontrainer_samuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothache
Only problem with that is, unless you're planning to use only level up moves (ie no bred-on moves) or TM/Move Tutor moves, the Day Care Centre chooses the moves for you, overwriting the ones that are there with the moves you normally get levelling up. You can always get them back later with Heart Scales if you fancy a few hours of Luvdisc fishing (RSE), or by using XD's Move Returner.
U can also use two Tiny mushrooms. Theres a move tutor in FR/LG who teachers ur pokemon moves its forgotten for 2 tiny mushrooms. And u can also learn moves which you never learnt before like if u take Blaziken 2 the move tutor n u get to teach him Fire Punch which he nvr gets to learn on its own.
Charizard the level 50 Charizard!

This chibi Articuno was adopted at Lugia.co.uk!
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Squeegee Beckenheim
SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)

Location: In a cottage waiting for my mansion over the hilltop!
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Beckenheim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Squeegee Beckenheim
Next time you have a Simple Question, ask it in Simple Questions. It helps us reduce spam, so it helps us help you. The link to this overly helpful thread is in my sig and in the group of stickies near the top of the FR/LG (GBA) thread listing.

CLOSED

Use to be "The Hunk"
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here