The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?
Hoenn 6 19.35%
Sinnoh 25 80.65%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Bill_taco
Headbanger

Hey dude, were is the weather institute?

nvm about that last post, i got a brain fart for a second there :D

Last edited by Bill_taco; August 21st, 2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Your posts were automagicly merged due to a doubleposting
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:39 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scompi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Yeah, the Boat thing sounds interesting (and since you are doing some changes to Johto, I think it could be possible reaching Azalea... Perhaps Ilex Forest has flooded? XP)

Anyway, nice updated scompi (good to know you still have many good ideas waiting for us ) Keep it up!
Thanks, Zel. I was going to make Azalea be flooded, but Ilex Forest... Not a bad idea, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_taco View Post
Hey dude, were is the weather institute?
It's located in Cyan City, more specifically South East.

I made a list of "Important Locations" in the first post. Here is the Link to the post: Important Locations

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; August 21st, 2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM
.::lucario::.
Lucario's #1 biggest fan ever

btw i think i found a little thing you need to change. When you walk near the gym in the second town it says "I'm on guard duty. Gee, I'm thirsty, though. Oh wait the road's closed." Shouldn't you change that like to the doors are locked or is there a certain reason you wanted it to be like that.

Last edited by .::lucario::.; August 21st, 2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::lucario::. View Post
Very nice work! Love the hack!
btw i think i found a little thing you need to change. When you walk near the gym in the second town it says "I'm on guard duty. Gee, I'm thirsty, though. Oh wait the road's closed." Shouldn't you change that like to the doors are locked or is there a certain reason you wanted it to be like that.
No, your right. It's suppose to say like, the gym leader requested that the doors remained locked, then he says he's thirsty, you give him the tea and then he makes an acception for you. I have to change that for the next beta, which btw I don't know when it will be released. Thanks though
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM
Bill_taco
Headbanger

Scompi, i love this hack. Its on my top three.:
Dragonstone
Legends
Obsidion

all three of those are awesome. Great job, can wait to play the finished version.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:32 PM
.::lucario::.
Lucario's #1 biggest fan ever

Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:15 AM
ZoFreX
Booted out - don't be like me!

Pretty nice pictures there, you have talent, you going to make any new gyms for us to battle after Johto and the new region?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 06:07 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_taco View Post
Scompi, i love this hack. Its on my top three.:
Dragonstone
Legends
Obsidion

all three of those are awesome. Great job, can wait to play the finished version.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoFreX View Post
Pretty nice pictures there, you have talent, you going to make any new gyms for us to battle after Johto and the new region?
Thanks. Gyms? Like in GSC after you beat the pokemon league, you could still face gym leaders in another region? If thats what you mean, I'm not sure yet, maybe. It doesn't seem like a bad idea, actually its a pretty good idea. Thats one thing I loved about GSC, and I'm sure everyone else loved it too. It's not time right now to work on that part, but... I'll keep it in mind. Thanks again.

If anyone has anymore questions, just ask and I'll gladly answer them.

Thanks, Scompi.

EDIT: Some screens of Cherrygrove(bottom left, bottom right, top right, top left). As you can see there are no people, this is just a map and not the full version.

Map still needs:
-People
-Minor details(rocks, etc.)
-Warps
-Scripts(if any)
-Signs

How's the port position? Do you guys like it, or should I put it somewhere else?

Last edited by Scompi; August 24th, 2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
BlazikenMaster2000
Blaziken Master

when agatha gives you the badge, it says it's from lt surge, and it should be like the knuckle badge, not the thunderbadge. Also in johto valley the kid that runs in a square has a big gap in his name when you battle him. That is all that i have seen, but is a pretty good game so far. Also, since it's called pokemon ledgends, what are a list of all the ledgendaries that you can get? And can you catch/ get any other starters? Also, where is the tms rock smash, fly, surf, and waterfall?

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1247 0539 4874

I Myself Am A Shiny Hunter. So far I have Collected 3 Shiny Pokemon.
Hunting For:

Shiny Pokemon That I have:

Last edited by BlazikenMaster2000; August 24th, 2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
JohnnyRoll
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I like your maps..they look great
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazikenMaster2000 View Post
when agatha gives you the badge, it says it's from lt surge, and it should be like the knuckle badge, not the thunderbadge. Also in johto valley the kid that runs in a square has a big gap in his name when you battle him. That is all that i have seen, but is a pretty good game so far. Also, since it's called pokemon ledgends, what are a list of all the ledgendaries that you can get? And can you catch/ get any other starters? Also, where is the tms rock smash, fly, surf, and waterfall?
You mean HM's? Rock smash you get from Brendan at Spear Pillar, Fly you get from the lady under Cianwood gym, surf from owner of Ecruteak rest house, and waterfall is unobtainable so far. As for the legendaries...It's too early to tell right now. Thanks for the bugs!

Refer to first post for Important Items and Important Locations(click on banner in my sig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoll View Post
I like your maps..they look great
Thanks.
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:06 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Remember, this is the same beta that I tested. I already reported it to scompi when I was Beta testing and it will be fixed in the next beta (Agatha isn't the only one with someone elses text, and more people with too many spaces)

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
BlazikenMaster2000
Blaziken Master

After you get the hm rock smash from brendan, and get rid of team rocket from the weather institut, what do you do next or is that the end of the beta?

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1247 0539 4874

I Myself Am A Shiny Hunter. So far I have Collected 3 Shiny Pokemon.
Hunting For:

Shiny Pokemon That I have:

Last edited by BlazikenMaster2000; August 24th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
After you get the hm rock smash from brendan, and get rid of team rocket from the weather institut, what do you do next or is that the end of the beta?
Yes, that's the end of the beta
Now to wait patiently for the next release

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Yes it is. Next time see the FAQ in the first post before asking questions, thank you. The first post of all hacks have most of the answers to your questions, and if it doesn't, then you could ask without any problem. Thanks.

Thanks Dirk123 for being here when I'm not.
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Caina
Nankurunaisa

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Yahoo to Caina
Well........what can I say...
since it's good so far.....
try spicing it up a little bit if you know what I mean.
Anyway.... love it.
KEEP IT UP

Yes,yes, I know, my siggy is boring.

Old August 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaphirachi View Post
Well........what can I say...
since it's good so far.....
try spicing it up a little bit if you know what I mean.
Anyway.... love it.
KEEP IT UP
Thanks, but I really dont know what you mean... Can you explain, please?

Anyways I decided to rename the "Underwater Caves" to "Sea Cavern". Thanks to Dirk123 for suggesting it, even though he didn't mean to suggest it but only forgot the real name and replaced it with "Sea Cavern" . Thanks!

Sorry I have no updates lately, I've been really busy...again, so I'll try to work more on it towards the end of the week, following the weekend. Plus, school will be staring next tuesday so... But don't worry, I don't really do my homework or study anyways .

Thanks again, Scompi.
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scompi View Post
Thanks, but I really dont know what you mean... Can you explain, please?

Anyways I decided to rename the "Underwater Caves" to "Sea Cavern". Thanks to Dirk123 for suggesting it, even though he didn't mean to suggest it but only forgot the real name and replaced it with "Sea Cavern" . Thanks!

Sorry I have no updates lately, I've been really busy...again, so I'll try to work more on it towards the end of the week, following the weekend. Plus, school will be staring next tuesday so... But don't worry, I don't really do my homework or study anyways .

Thanks again, Scompi.
Ahahah... Yeah. And we're the same! I hate doing homework and study all the time! I rather hack and hack and hack and hack!

Bwahahah!

Anyways, you're hack's very nice! Keep it up!!!

=3
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:06 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Hey Scompi, I wonder if you'll keep mapping Johto up to New Bark, because I can see possible events with your evil team at Elm's Lab (that, of course, if he's still around )

Cherrygrove was fine. I like how you put the port there.

Old August 29th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Ahahah... Yeah. And we're the same! I hate doing homework and study all the time! I rather hack and hack and hack and hack!

Bwahahah!

Anyways, you're hack's very nice! Keep it up!!!

=3
. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Hey Scompi, I wonder if you'll keep mapping Johto up to New Bark, because I can see possible events with your evil team at Elm's Lab (that, of course, if he's still around )

Cherrygrove was fine. I like how you put the port there.
Not a bad idea, not at all. Should I make NewBark blocked from Cherrygrove? Because I was thinking of making it a special place or a hard-to-get-to place. But its really up to you guys, since you will be the ones playing it... So any suggestions?

Thanks, Scompi.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Briggsby
A learned trainer

This Hack looks absoutely amazing, but then again I only even heard of emulators two days ago so
But anyway I found one slight bug which althroguh it doesn't affect gameplay, anyway, in Briarwoods just past Briarsedge next to a tree in the north-west there is a patch of grass that you cannot walk through, anyway NICE WORK!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:46 AM
.Brendan

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Brendan
This is a great hack Scompi, i hope this goes all the way, You have my Support.
For the hack, Love the maps but you could a differentt tileset roms base, may i suggest asking Zel for shiny gold's one as it seem the best base for it, Dark , kinda like shiny Rayquaza

~Brendan~

Will be very inactive because of school
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Monkey In Rehab
Spritee

Old August 31st, 2007, 07:50 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Thanks . How would I put it in my hack? Would I need to import all my maps, or would it automatically change my maps?

Sorry guys... no updates yet. I am still scripting an event in Cherrygrove, and its not working the way I wanted. Btw, it's a character you all wanted to battle, guess who. Well anyways, I am hoping that I will have some screens of it on the weekend.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; August 31st, 2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:15 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
No, I'd suggest you to stick with FR's custom tileset. So far I don't see anything wrong with the tiles and maps, and I think the scripts you did are what are making this hack stand out on itself (Hmmm... Did that make any sense?)

Besides, if you were to import your maps with SG's tileset, you'd have to remap all your maps again, so that's not a good idea.

Luck on that event (you'll manage to make it work, I'm sure), and good luck on the rest.

By the way, how to make New Bark a hard to reach place, I think... maybe using Waterfall? In the end, it all depends on when you want it to be accesible.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links