The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?
Hoenn 6 19.35%
Sinnoh 25 80.65%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 1st, 2007, 04:25 AM
PsyMaster
Psychic and Water Annihilate

Send a message via AIM to PsyMaster
this hack is awsome cant wait for full release
Old September 1st, 2007, 05:28 AM
Zekrob
Booted out - don't be like me!

Looks like a good hack so far, keep it up.
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:55 AM
Binary
え?

Cool hack!!
Keep up the good work
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:02 PM
the-ben
A bit of a nerd

Nature: Naughty
I don't know if these hae already been pointed out (im to tired to search atm) so im sorry if you are already aware of these gitches/errors.

in your first battle with gary.. prof oak says " a pokemon battle is when trainers -->PIT <-- their pokemon aganst each other "

im assuming its a typo =]

Screen Shot:

EDIT: i also found a tiling/mapping error, the sign's base is ontop of the characters head.. (highlighted by a red circle)

Screen Shot:

and in route 1 if you walk side ways on at the sign post.. you can walk over it.

Screen Shot:

this one my be due to incompletion but... lol!!

Screen Shot:

oops.. little mapping problem i see...

Screen Shot:

but on a more positive note: it's looking good otherwise and keep it up!!

A level 60 Pinsir, a level 52 Heracross and a level 49 Scyther

Last edited by the-ben; September 1st, 2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:36 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
To the-ben...
Pit can be used in that sense, I'm not sure what you thought was wrong with it??
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
wow! i'm just like you used to be with hacks, then that's the same type of trouble i'm having, with trying to make my hack

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scompi
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-ben View Post
I don't know if these hae already been pointed out (im to tired to search atm) so im sorry if you are already aware of these gitches/errors.
That's why you check the first post. And it doesn't take much to look at the first post, so dont say your too tired, or I could just say I'm too tired to write this post.

Anyways, I'm only writing the ones that are bugs.

Screen 2: This is a bug.(added to list)

Screen 3: Bug...(fixed)

Screen 5: Another bug.(on list)

From now on could you please read the first post before posting bugs, questions, etc.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; September 2nd, 2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM
the-ben
A bit of a nerd

Nature: Naughty
was only reporting what i saw and i couldnt see them already posted.

P.S i meant " too tired " as in i would probably miss it all anyway.. best be safe than sorry.

A level 60 Pinsir, a level 52 Heracross and a level 49 Scyther
Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-ben View Post
was only reporting what i saw and i couldnt see them already posted.

P.S i meant " too tired " as in i would probably miss it all anyway.. best be safe than sorry.
Okay. Thanks for posting them. Sorry if I was rude btw. I'm just TIRED of looking at the same bugs all the time, thats why I posted all the known ones in the first post. If you've found a bug and you are nice enough to let everyone know, please look at the Known Bugs in the first post before posting your bugs. Thanks.

EDIT: Some events have been changed. They are in order the same way they are in the game.

1. Brendan at Spear Pillar - IN PROGRESS(very easy though)
-Recieve Scientist Badge insted of HM06

2. Scientist Badge Script(Weather Institute) - IN PROGRESS
-If you have a badge he lets you upstairs
-Recieve badge from Brendan at Spear Pillar

3. President of WI - FINISHED
-After you beat Giovanni, he give you the BLUEPASS.
-Now you can board the boat to Cherrygrove

4. Sailor(Olivine Port) - IN PROGRESS
-If you have a Bluepass, he lets you on the boat
-Recieve Bluepass from President of WI

5. Brendan encounter(Cherrygrove) - FINISHED
-No battle!
-Recieve pokemon

What do you think of the new and the changed events? Please post feedback and/or suggestions.

Thanks a lot! Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; September 3rd, 2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
robmortar
Beginning Trainer

hey um, what's up with the lighthouse? i can't find the grandfather's grandaughter with the flute..
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmortar View Post
hey um, what's up with the lighthouse? i can't find the grandfather's grandaughter with the flute..
She is at the top of the Lighthouse. You know when you are on the 3rd floor and you see the rocks that are blocking the stairs, you are suppose to go there. And to get there you need to go on the 4th floor and go all the way on the right side of the floor. There will be a hole in the floor, it will be two tiles wide, and you have to fall through the right side tile. If you still don't get it, PM me and I will be happy to explain.

Thanks, Scompi.

EDIT: Here's some new screens of the new scripts. Sorry for the long wait, been really busy lately, but here they are. Enjoy!

Btw, if you forgot about the scientist badge, you get it when you first meet Brendan at Spear Pillar.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; September 8th, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:00 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Nice screenies scompi
Hope to see more in the near future

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:09 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Well, it seems you are "mixing" your events, Scompi. That sounds great, but just be careful not to get confused with all the flags (keep a good track of them in a file or something, as I do )

Old September 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Thanks, dirk123! And thanks for the tip Zel.

Well hey everyone! I'm just here to let everyone know that I'm going to be on Vacation for 2 weeks. I will come from time to time to check on the thread, but no hacking since my computer will be at home. Sorry I dont have any screenshots or even a demo for the wait but I'm sure everyone will be patient. As soon as I come back, I'm going to be at full hacking speed! So hope everyone could wait.

Thanks, Scompi.
Old September 20th, 2007, 07:53 PM
kuku-melon
carbonero

The game's great, but I think that u shouldn't put a gym in every city you put in the game, because I had 6 badges and my best pokemon was like lvl 26 or 27. If u keep things this way, the cahmpion's best poke will be lvl 40 or 45!
Old September 21st, 2007, 02:43 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoFan View Post
The game's great, but I think that u shouldn't put a gym in every city you put in the game, because I had 6 badges and my best pokemon was like lvl 26 or 27. If u keep things this way, the cahmpion's best poke will be lvl 40 or 45!
Thi=ose are only initial levels thus far.
When I tested the beta for Scompi, I told him to juice up the trainer levels in this one or beta 2. Apparently he has decided to juice them up in Beta 2.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoFan View Post
Thanks. You mean 5 badges? Don't worry, there won't be a gym in every city/town. Some towns like Cherrygrove won't, even ones like Azalea that do, won't. Except will be replaced by trainer battles and other interesting events, now that I've learned quite a bit of scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
Thi=ose are only initial levels thus far.
When I tested the beta for Scompi, I told him to juice up the trainer levels in this one or beta 2. Apparently he has decided to juice them up in Beta 2.
I actually did juice them up, lol. Maybe not enough for anyone to notice . Are they really that easy?
Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
kuku-melon
carbonero

It's not that it was easy, it's just that for example in ecruteak gym, gengar was lv30 but my stronger pkm was like 24-25 and that is because gengar's level is ok, the problem is that there are not enough battles like for reaching such level.
And I really hate having to level up a lv25 poke with wild battles against lv19 pidgeottos or something like that... I just hate having to train pokes in the "tall grass" I only do that at the beggining of hte game. Maybe it's my problem for not having enough patience like for training a pokemon with wild battles, who knows...

Anyway, apart from that, I liked your hack a lot, it is quite original. Maybe you should make some new gym leaders

Well, good luck!
Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
poopoo
Booted out - don't be like me!

Where's the little girl at the top of the Lighthouse?
Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
Milanor
Beginning Trainer

There you must jump into the right hole at the bottom.
Then go up by using the stairs.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
♠εx
Working on my hack, busy also.

Heres a banner I just made.
I didn't update my other one >_<.

Code:
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9152/fdasfdssfdari0.gif

Yes, this does mean Icy Blue will be locked down, but only for a short time while I fix my bugs.

- Crashink.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Okay... Hey everyone! I know its been a while, a long while, 2 months to be exact since I last posted. But the rom encountered a fatal error, that I couldn't fix. Whenever I recieved an item, gained a level, and more random events the game would crash. I had to download the v2.5 beta and start from there because I didnt have a backup...:embarrass. I didn't do much after I released the beta, so thats good news that I dont have a lot to catch up on. Anyways, I'm just here to let everyone know that Pokemon Legends isn't dead! Hope you guys could still support me and my hack.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; November 26th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Yeah well Scompi, I'm sorry I couldn't think of anything that could be causing that, but perhaps someone else would know? (???)

Anyway, I know it'll be hard starting from an older point, but, let it be a lesson (painful) so that you keep many different backups from many different points (just mark the date for the backup file, it'll be easier to backtrack, and maybe who knows, find what you did that caused a problem)

Well, keep it up Scompi, hope more people start feeling interested about the game, now that the thread's been revived legally.

Old November 27th, 2007, 10:50 PM
pokemaster707
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Great game man i had fun until i beat giovanni
Old December 8th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Sorry everyone about the lack of updates. I've been really busy, but I have worked on the hack, here and there. In the meantime why dont you throw some suggestions out there so I can work from them, and so I am making a hack that everyone wants. Once again, any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Scompi.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links