The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Kryos
Penguin King!

Send a message via AIM to Kryos

Those little gray areas will fill up eventually.... Ok, so I haven't done much work since the last time I was here, but I'm back, and I intend to finish this!! So... hmm... basic notes. Ah yes, the pokemon in my fakedex may be of three all-new types: Light, Crystal and Wind. These were made back when I was brainstorming for Treasures. Sadly, back in those days I had no spriting talents... Now I attempt to realize a dream.

Last edited by Kryos; May 28th, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old May 27th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Zone
Booted out - don't be like me!

The website you linked to doesn't seem to work.
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:03 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
The link doesn't work can you put the IMG code up there.

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Kryos
Penguin King!

Okie dokie, it should work now.
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Yahoo to Kurosaki Ichigo
I see....a huge white space...unless its just me...

**Flannery is my Goddess, I'm her #1 Obsessor**
Bishies: Matsumoto Rangiku, Shiba Kuukaku, Soi Fong, Hikari(Pearl), Raven
Pairings: Ichigo x Shihouin Yoruichi, Genis X Presea, Aang X Katara, Toph X Sokka, Kratos X Raine
My Trainer Card
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Buffalo State College

Okay Now I see them. But why did you leave alot of empty space though. I like the coloring and the shading job. And also your creativity. The ones that I liked the most was the Espeon/Meganium mix and the blue flareon.

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Kryos
Penguin King!

The spaces will be filled, don't worry. I'm about to post some changes to the already posted pokemon as well as start a few new ones. Hm... I should probably post the names...

EDIT: Posted new Arctox. Off to work on a new legendary..

Last edited by Kryos; May 28th, 2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Buffalo State College

Sorry but I see the first ones not the new one that you just made.

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Yahoo to Kurosaki Ichigo
Okay, now it shows but...that little white cat...i'm sure thats from Pokemon Quartz, yes it is from that Hack.

**Flannery is my Goddess, I'm her #1 Obsessor**
Bishies: Matsumoto Rangiku, Shiba Kuukaku, Soi Fong, Hikari(Pearl), Raven
Pairings: Ichigo x Shihouin Yoruichi, Genis X Presea, Aang X Katara, Toph X Sokka, Kratos X Raine
My Trainer Card
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Kryos
Penguin King!

The little cat? Ocileaf? Well, if it is they ripped it from me. Please direct me to them. If you don't believe that I made it I can post the steps it took to make it. You can also see that I posted it a looooong time ago:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ighlight=kryos

That rather pisses me off..

In other news, new pokemon! I said new legendary before, but I lied. Just a simple evolved pokemon I've wanted to sprite for a while now. Be sure to check back often, pokemon are constantly being added and refined.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
Here is Pokémon Quartz, if you're still looking for it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=64133

I can't verify if they're really using your sprite, though.

Now... I'll take them all in order, left to right, top to bottom, and give some quick crits:

1. Looks very cute, but the shading is giving me the impression that it has a really twisted body, with its arms at a completely different angle from the legs. Also, there seem to be some random black pixels at the top of the head.

2. Very nice and cute.

3. Good too.

4. The head seems a bit too big for the body - I know it's supposed to be big, but it just seems odd. Also, the side of its face looks a little pointed.

5. Might want to make the tail more in the style of the wispy parts on the paws and ears... right now it stands out a bit oddly.

6. I really like this one - just don't ever use monocolor outlines. Give some shading to the outlines on the white parts and re-shade the head - at the moment the head shading looks wrong.

7. Too Meganium-like... You could have at least given the petals around the neck a different pattern. Also add some outline shading to the tail bud.

8. The shading on this one is too light. You need to use some darker shades on it. Also watch out for mismatched light sources...

9. Ooh, that thing is really cute. Use darker shading on the outline on the bottom of the chin, though, and give the head some highlighting.

10. I like this one too, but give the outlines some lighter shading on the belly.

11. The form could really have a smoother shape. Also, the head is very strangely shaded.

12. Again, smoothen the form. Give the body some highlighting.

13. Smoothen shape and add more highlighting to the outlines.

14. This one is really well done. I don't really have anything to say about it. Well, except that the fin behind it looks a lot different from the other fin in position and shape.

15. Good, but give it more sensible outline shading. The outlines on the legs are shaded lighter than those on the head, which really doesn't make sense. The shading on this one is also a bit too light.

16. Okay, this thing is just strange. But yet again, try to shade the outlines more sensibly and give it some highlighting.

Overall, they're pretty nice but there is room for improvement, especially on the outlining. Remember, you're shading the outlines, not just adding lighter parts to them in random places.

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Kryos
Penguin King!

Thank you soo much! I really appreciate useful critiques, they're pretty rare. But yeah, I've always had trouble with my shading. As I add new sprites, I'll pay close attention to your critiques and update the present ones.

Sponsored Links