The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old May 31st, 2006, 04:21 PM
Aegis
The Savage Nymph

Nature: Sassy
Yes, I did base this off of the anime question in Japanese entertainment but...

do your friends know you like Pokemon? Mine sure don't, they'd laugh there hearts out and make fun of me forever.

XII. The Savage Nymph
OT3 ☆ Aegis × Lightning × Arcanine
LINKS ☆ LiveJournal x Backloggery x Twitter
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:23 PM
Drifblim
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to Drifblim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Drifblim Send a message via Yahoo to Drifblim
The majority do. In the past they ridiculed me for it, but now we don't even bring it up.
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:56 PM
enyce
banned

Send a message via AIM to enyce
There is a topic on this already, thats where the idea for the anime topic came from =-o

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66329

it may not be, asking the same question. But its similar. Yes my friends know, I dont go overboard with like shirts and stuff. But they know I play the games, and still make fun of me for it. I remember I bought a poliwhirl plushie for a girl one time.

They thought it was mine, and made fun of me forever. But it was for this girl who also liked pokemon. It was her birthday. ALthough that wasnt the only present I gave her.
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:42 PM
JakeEMan
Official American Idiot

Send a message via AIM to JakeEMan
I tell my friends that i dont like Pokemon, but i really do! It imbarasing. I dont insult people who like pokemon with my friends cuz i know sum, and, i am one! But i tell them that you may hate pokemon, but you like baseball or basketball! Everyone likes different things. Like, im a straight A student in 6th grade, i like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, computers, and sports! I bet all you guys may like some of the same stuff, but you may also like different things or not like the things i like!

If you would like FREE addvertizement for your website(s), then just send me a message and ill put a link on my Signiture!

Here are the clubs I'm in:

YO MAMA CLUB

You could be in my new EMAIL MAGAZINE!! Wanna be on the cover? Ill advertize for your site for FREE!!! You can get it now! Just send a message to me and I'll send you EMAIL MAGAZINE once a month! Just leave your email address!
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:38 AM
coachwhipneoship
squeezer of lemons

Yes, they sure do, and some of them like it too. :} (My friends know a LOT of my obsessions, but even if they think they're silly, they don't dare insult them...!)

SEVERUS ** BELLATRIX ** NARCISSA
my HP pokémon
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Rayquaaza
The trainer of Dark Pokemon

Send a message via ICQ to Rayquaaza Send a message via AIM to Rayquaaza Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rayquaaza Send a message via Yahoo to Rayquaaza
I said it to a reliable friend. But to other no.. They consider the Pokemons a thing of children, even if I (seen that I am here) do not agree. But I love them too much, what I must do? However I think that everybody must follow the things which loves, without taking care of the comments or the thoughts of the others. What do I care if they laugh about me?The important is that following the Pokemons I enjoy and pass my time as I want.

May , I promise it to you : I will love you for ever!!
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Nope, I'd be too embarrased to. But I have heard a few people talking about pokemon now and then randomly...but I don't think I'd tell them I like it.
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Pandoras Box
Been on PC Since June 2005

Send a message via Yahoo to Pandoras Box
mine dont and never will theyd embarrasss me forever
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
WHALESDUDE
I am me.

Send a message via AIM to WHALESDUDE Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to WHALESDUDE
They know I like the games, but nothing else. In fact we all agree that pokemon games are awesome...
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:42 PM
Argy
Very question.

Send a message via AIM to Argy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Argy Send a message via Skype™ to Argy
Yeah, they know, and I don't care. Back when I was in 8th grade or so, I tried to tell people I didn't like it, but really I did. It was a bad time for me in terms of self-esteem.

My boyfriend makes fun of me sometimes, though.
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:37 PM
enyce
banned

Send a message via AIM to enyce
My girlfriend doesnt like pokemon. She makes fun of me too. We live in a small world
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Rayquaaza
The trainer of Dark Pokemon

Send a message via ICQ to Rayquaaza Send a message via AIM to Rayquaaza Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rayquaaza Send a message via Yahoo to Rayquaaza
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyce
My girlfriend doesnt like pokemon. She makes fun of me too. We live in a small world

Hei! I do not know because, but your sentence seems very wise to me!

However repeat what I said in my precedent post: you do what you like, because you like it and enjoy you to do it.

May , I promise it to you : I will love you for ever!!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Willow's Tara
Nobody's fool

Um not really, they don't laugh if I am here, bascially no one cares and I am good with that..
Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:38 AM
exemption
void

Nature: Adamant
I lost interest in Pokémon over four years ago; I only visit the communities nowadays, really. So it's safe to assume I have nothing to lie about to my friends, as I pretty much despise the whole craze.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:58 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Very few people know I still am so close to the franchise, as my contribution has been completely minimal in the real world. Stopped buying the cards after Neo Revelation came out, haven't seen the anime anime in years, and I stopped getting the games a long time ago. My era was GSC and I bypassed RS. Yet I still consider myself a Pokémon fan, and I actually directly involved myself with it for years after with the fake card arena that I loved so much and also the Pokémon game making thing that is my priority these days. And two of my friends knows because I showed them my work, and they don't take the mick. Then two others discovered my secret affinity for Pokémon when they searched for the Javiscone in google (this is a mysterious sandwich of the universe btw) and they found it attached to several Pokémon related boards

They didn't take the mick either. But I keep it hushed. What a shame I'm less quiet about my Sonic obsession.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
My close friends know I go on a board dedicated to one, but they know I'm not into pokemon anymore. At least not like I used to be.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:34 PM
Ai
; ♥ ~

Nature: Quiet
My close friends know and don't care. My anime friends know and either like it too or don't care. My other friends don't know, and they'd laugh their heads off.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:35 PM
Pengin-chan
[-]Tenshi Kanshii[-]

Most of my friends don't, some do, and some kind of know O.o. But no one really knows !

[~]Zelos Wilder[~]

Banner made by the glorious Shugotenshi-chan !
Pair: Megafuz (Who is teh most awesomest person around !)
Brother: Rock Lee
Older Brother: Aang: The Last Airbender

Revolution Community
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Keruri
Espeon Lover

NEVER. lol none of them kno, if they did theyd laugh and abandon me... lol they knew in 4th grade maybe, but here i am 6 yrs later, still obsessed with the games haha.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
fallen_natsumixx
K a i o r a

Not really. In the 5th grade at Martin Dies, I brought my GBA and they saw my Pokemon games but they didn't make fun of me or laugh. One of my friends even played Pokemon RS Pinball. But this year they didn't say anything and only Victoria knows.

... Actually I just told her I played the games when I felt like it which is true. She said she played her friend's Pokemon game before.

I'm Juliet waiting for [my] R o m e o ~
K a i [s] o r a

Credit to Lust (SPPF)
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
djvolcom
Private Detective

Nature: Hasty
me and 3 other friends of mine do, we just like the games

Pokemon Games I play

Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon HeartGold (Soon)
Pokemon Silver (Soon)
Old June 4th, 2006, 05:25 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Yeah they know but most of them don't really care. some of my friends like Pokemon also.

~*!*~QUeen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old June 4th, 2006, 12:59 PM
latias724
latias is so cute ;-)

everyone in my year does, they laughed at me for about a month then they forgot but my friends don't care what i like
Old June 4th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Neo Daedalus
Beginning Trainer

none of my friends knows it, because i startet to play pokemon again not more than a few weeks ago

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/conte...ontest_id=4767
Old June 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Natsuki
.bluefang.

Well, my best friend knows I like Pokemon. She'd never make fun of me for it though. Afterall, why would a real friend laugh at something you like? That's just silly IMO. ;/

~Kelsey
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links