The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Closed Thread

Old July 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
encyclopediajm
Advanced Trainer

I need help. I'm saving my Masterball for Mewtwo. so i use a Ultraball on all the other rare Pokemon. When ever i see Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres I lower their defence and give them a status problem. Then when the HP is down throw a Ultraball. Every time I end up wasting about 15 Ultraballs and still can't catch that Pokemon. I can't post this in simple questions the thread is closed.
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Absent
Absent > You

Location: On my couch, buried in blankets and soda cans while playing my GBM.
Send a message via AIM to Absent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Absent
o.o What do you mean that the Simple Questions thread is closed?

Well... to respond to your problem, you're most likely going to waste quite a few Ultraballs trying to catch the legendary birds. But, if you only have a certain amount on you, try saving in front of the bird. That way, every time you run out of Ultraballs, you could just try again. Eventually you'll catch it, although I prefer to just chuck the balls at it nonstop.

Currently Playing: Pokémon Emerald

No touching, I claimed them.
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:56 PM
~Patrick~
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by encyclopediajm
I need help. I'm saving my Masterball for Mewtwo. so i use a Ultraball on all the other rare Pokemon. When ever i see Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres I lower their defence and give them a status problem. Then when the HP is down throw a Ultraball. Every time I end up wasting about 15 Ultraballs and still can't catch that Pokemon. I can't post this in simple questions the thread is closed.
Believe me 15 Ultra Balls is not going to cut it most of the time... I had Zapdos, asleep with basically a slither of HP left..and it still broke out from 15 Ultras and all my Greats.

If you have the money stock up about 35 Ultras, Save in front of the Birds (incase of a accidental kill) and then Paralyze..or put to Sleep...while putting their HP in the red, and just chuck away.

Sometimes you get lucky..I caught Articuno with only about 8 ultras...Zapdos..and Moltres were *****es though lol they wasted like 25 Ultras each.

Good luck catching them.
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:06 PM
encyclopediajm
Advanced Trainer

I do save my game in front of them. but i still cant catch them. I have turned the GBA on and off probably 20 times. and i dont want to use cheats to catch them
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:25 PM
enyce
banned

Send a message via AIM to enyce
Sleep>>>>any other status condition when catching pokemon. Paralysis in a close second

Its a fact. Lowering defense or any other stat does didly squat.
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM
jc_rcw
:God:

Hmm actually 15 is lucky, I remember wasting about 30-45 ultras on the regis after a few tries, and with para+low hp, but hey you're getting a pretty good pokemon.

Old July 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Squeegee Beckenheim
SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)

Location: In a cottage waiting for my mansion over the hilltop!
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Beckenheim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Squeegee Beckenheim
The Simple Questions thread is not closed. I have no idea where you get that from. It is stickied near the top or on top of the FR/LG (GBA) thread listing, and you can always click the link in my sig. You need to use this thread because it causes spam when you don't.

Now, as far as your problem is concerned I have a couple suggestions. You need to have lots of patience. You also need to have plenty of Ultra Balls. I suggest holding off on catching the birds till after the Elite Four. That way you have the Elite Four cash to waste on Ultra Balls. It will take time, and if you are a legendary bird lover it is worth it.

Next time, use Simple Questions. I guarantee, it is never closed.

CLOSED

Use to be "The Hunk"
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links