Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Pokemon Liquid?
Awesome 13 68.42%
Very Good 6 31.58%
Good 0 0%
Average 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Realy Bad 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16th, 2004, 05:03 PM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Nature: Relaxed
I just fixed it read my post above DarkMage31's post to find out more. Oh and thanks dark for your comments I appreciate them thanks again.
Mapper FTW!

Last edited by RM2K3kid; April 16th, 2004 at 05:11 PM.
Old April 16th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Imakuni?
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Imakuni? Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Imakuni?
the game looks great. i love the idea. i wish my games were as good as yours!
Stop waiting for GSC Remakes! Play the fan made remakes!
I support these rom hacks:

Also, while you're here, check out my GSC music project:
Thread | PureVolume
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
there were a few small things I noticed. Umm i looked at your game, hope you dont mind. Anyway when i looked at the battle, i noticed you have to bait it to get it to trust you and throw rocks to get its hp down, why don't you tell people this is happening..? I thought it was just an effect.. Anyway you should say something like "threw rock... pikachu lost 10 hp... pikachu looks at you in a hurt way" and then your trust can go down or something and if it reaches zero, the pokemon runs away. anyway this is just my opinion, got a bit confused on how to catch a pokemon and game froze whenever I didnt catch it. I really liked it though!

I'm so sorry i didn't know you were working on the game with us. Do you have msn messenger or something?
sorry again, and glad to hav u on the team, especially map designing!
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Imakuni?
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Imakuni? Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Imakuni?
i like the game. its really good. when will it be finished?
Stop waiting for GSC Remakes! Play the fan made remakes!
I support these rom hacks:

Also, while you're here, check out my GSC music project:
Thread | PureVolume
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:07 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Okay, I'm going to download the fixed version now. How much is there after the national park?

Once again, great attn to detail!
-DM31

Old April 17th, 2004, 07:06 PM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Remember this is just a demo I will change things later, anyway Krazy_Meerkat I got AIM and MSN Messenger. Oh and the only thing after the national park is just a little speech from me *hint *hint goto prof kurr *hint *hint. I'll try to release another version next week. Once again thanks for your comments .
Mapper FTW!

Old April 18th, 2004, 02:32 PM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Every time I play this game I like it more and more. Excellent job, once again!

BTW, did you draw those hero pictures when you select gender?
-DM31

Old April 18th, 2004, 11:05 PM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMage31
BTW, did you draw those hero pictures when you select gender?
The male hero is a relcoloured version of the leaf green/Fire Red male. The Female is the Fire Red/Leaf Green female.

I'm adding the first 3 pokemon to the pokedex at the moment. And later I'm going to continue doing the rest of the game.
Mapper FTW!

Old April 19th, 2004, 06:41 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

I just noticed you got a lot of your resources from Booda Sack's PKMN: COL game. But heh, yours is good too!
-DM31

Old April 19th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

has pokemon:col been released as a demo yet? ive been waiting for it for ages...
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:03 AM
awkwardsilencer
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to awkwardsilencer
yeh i was gonna ask the same thing, when i click on download at the site it comes to an error

hey also can i use your menu system for my game right now?
Shiny Hunter...what?!

Im on my search for my first legit shiny on my Gba ruby and firered...never found one except for on the comp on a rom. wooo.
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:16 PM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

I think he's redoing his website, so the download page isn't working. I don't think, anyway. And besides, he's discontinued the RM2K version and he's doing it in Sphere now. He may put the RM2K version download up anyway.
-DM31

Old April 19th, 2004, 11:35 PM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Quote:
I just noticed you got a lot of your resources from Booda Sack's PKMN: COL game. But heh, yours is good too!
99% of my resources a ripped directly from pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red by me. None were taken from other peoples games. The only thing that I didn't do was the 3 pokemon. I got them from a japanese site that I gave credit too. I don't steal and I don't like people that steal. Anyway sorry but I had to say that. I started to make some secret islands like the misty islands in FR/LG these islands will be available after beating the elite four. The islands will have small quests and other little things like a very rare legendary pokemon. Anyway bye for now...
Mapper FTW!

Old April 20th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Shinin
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shinin
awesome hack!!!!!!!!
those screens r awesome!!!!!!!!!1
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
ok shinin, it isnt a hack . this is an actual game built from scratch. please remember this in future
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:06 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

http://boodasack.dumb-geek.com/col/girlorboy.PNG (background is the same pic, as well as message box for your signs)

http://boodasack.dumb-geek.com/col/cherry.PNG (message system is the same)
---

Anyway, I don't doubt you, I'm just looking at the facts. I regret to say that Pokemon Lunar, my game, doesn't have all original graphics. The Hiro sprite isn't original (I'm going to use a different one for the final though), and most of my chipsets and charsets aren't either. How do you make rips? How do you get every frame?
-DM31

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
If you go to gamingw.net there's a utlity called animget. It saves a screenshot of every millisecond when the game commences. That's what I use.
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:25 PM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

I use Visual Boy Advance for maps ,doors, menus, text boxes and pallets. For the characters I use TLP(Tile Layer Pro). It takes a while but the end result is worth it. Anyway boodasack is using sphere and I can't wait till he releases his game. Thanks for your comments and what do you think of the seceret islands idea?
Mapper FTW!

Old April 21st, 2004, 07:02 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Thanks you two. I'll start making my custom resources now! w00t! I'll need that frame capture thing for the panning intro of the CBS.

Anything secret sounds very cool!
-DM31

Old April 21st, 2004, 08:39 AM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daegon_Kimeron
If you go to gamingw.net there's a utlity called animget. It saves a screenshot of every millisecond when the game commences. That's what I use.
You use animget too?
That program is sweet... it makes it so much easier to rip graphics and it is very easy to use too
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:38 PM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Alright, I got Animget, and I captured some screens. Now I have to edit the frames to three walking poses for each direction, and give a solid background to composite out?

And where can I get that TLP thing?
-DM31

Old April 21st, 2004, 10:43 PM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
Tile Layer Pro is a program for the GBA. Check the Emulator/Patch section. I think I downloaded mine off there.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Savant

Quote:
Alright, I got Animget, and I captured some screens. Now I have to edit the frames to three walking poses for each direction, and give a solid background to composite out?

And where can I get that TLP thing?
Are you making a charset or..?

And yes you need a solid background
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:49 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your post daegon :D
-DM31

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:33 AM
Intuition
Overwhelming boredom

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Intuition