The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?
Yes 46 74.19%
No 5 8.06%
Not sure yet... 11 17.74%
I don't care 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 29th, 2004, 09:29 PM
HiKaizer
Beer Drinking Dragon God

Hmm, am I doing it now? Anyway the luck is just a modifier for the critical hit formula in the games I metioned.
Force is mass times acceleration
Mass distorts Time and Space, therefore all the librarys in the universe create gravity distortion fields and are connected by a series of wormholes.

My house is a Black Hole!
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:32 PM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Nature: Relaxed
You have a point luck is just a number that the formula uses but it's not always needed...

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:35 AM
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

Krazy, any idea when the system will be finished so we can move on to the maps?
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:45 PM
Arcdemon
Beginning Trainer

Can someone post the demo of the battle system plz? Thnx in advance
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:39 PM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
There is no actual demo of the battle system that you can tinker around with.
But there is a file that shows relatively how it will be done. The file's somewhere
in this thread.
Old June 1st, 2004, 01:07 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
pheonix, i am not finished quite yet, but feel free to start the maps without me. I am still working away hard.

hey everyone, I am trying my hardest to think up some kinds of formulas to withdraw, deposit and catch pokemon. My main problem is how they will be sorted.. the way i got it now is that you will be able to withdraw your 6 pokemon and deposit them but when you withdraw them again.. I think it will replace an existing pokemon.. I will work something out.. I havent actually programmed this part yet because I wanna make sure it will work before i waste my effort. but I have written it all down and I'm using my head.. I have actually got the formulas now but i havent tested them.. also the automatic transfer to pokemon box thing is starting to stress me out. I will have to re-arrange some variables.. i will post later guys. :s

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:16 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

hey everyone, sorry for dp DM but this is very important. I am so tuckered out by the whole pokemon storage thing that I will only be including a primitave box system in the public battle sys. it will be made up of text and have lots of fork conditions. DM our one for the group game will be some kind of name selection with pictures and things. I will not be replicating the r/s withdraw/deposit sys because it is just too hard and I'm just one meerkat! I think maybe we will do something like the G/S/C one instead, unless someone is willing to replicate the R/S one. *silence*... well I will finish the public one first anyway.

By the way, the public one only contains two pokemon storage boxes. Like i said, you will HAVE to ADAPT this system if you want to use it. we don't just give you your game in a nutshell..

I am all tired now so i will do some more work tomorrow ok?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:20 AM
Sorye HK

The formula for catching pokemon was in one of the
links to formulas. here's the formula.

[B]CATCH RATE:[/B]

C = ((((M x 4) - (H x 2) * R) / M) + S + 1) / 256
C is the percentage of the chance you have to catch a particular Pok?on given the circumstances. H is Pok?on's HP, M is its Maximum HP, R is its Rate of Capture (different for each species, and further altered by the Pok?all used), and S is its Status (5 if Poisoned or Paralyzed, 10 is Asleep or Frozen).
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:36 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daegon_Kimeron
The formula for catching pokemon was in one of the
links to formulas. here's the formula.

[B]CATCH RATE:[/B]

C = ((((M x 4) - (H x 2) * R) / M) + S + 1) / 256
C is the percentage of the chance you have to catch a particular Pok?on given the circumstances. H is Pok?on's HP, M is its Maximum HP, R is its Rate of Capture (different for each species, and further altered by the Pok?all used), and S is its Status (5 if Poisoned or Paralyzed, 10 is Asleep or Frozen).
Something is telling me that this is not an easy task..

Old June 1st, 2004, 02:48 AM
Sorye HK

No. It's actually easier than it looks.
I better test it right now. I've decided to trash
my .gba file because I couldn't get the compiler
working and the game sucked.
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:48 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Actually, it is pretty easy. The only hard part is determining what is represented by the "R" variable.

Also, Meerkat, you can pass it on to me and I'll work on it for a while. I don't think I can do the R/S PC system, but I can work on the actual battle systems if you want. And besides, I'd like to see what you've done

Old June 1st, 2004, 02:52 AM
Sorye HK

I'm going to check what the R for each pokemon is right now.

---EDIT---
Check here:

http://www.turquoisecity.com/Labs/Studies/Capture.shtm

However, it doesn't show RS pokemon. So I'll keep searchin'

More sites:

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure...p/statmods.htm
Check its site and forums.
http://pkmn.co.uk/forums/index.php?board=30
Also quite useful.

Last edited by Sorye HK; June 1st, 2004 at 03:04 AM.
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:02 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

DM would you like to have it now or after i finish the PC system? You can just edit the capture thing later and replace it with the formulas. I am extremely tired now so i will have to go soon. :sleepy: would you like me to also do the HP displaying thing first? I have that all planned out in my head and nobody knows the CNS like me. I am even going to make the text rock up and down.. also the pokemon i think.. sleep now anyway..

Old June 1st, 2004, 11:03 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Whenever you're ready. I don't want to gip you of things you planned out better than I can

Preferably after you finish whatever you're working on now.

Old June 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

sure ok. I was really tired yesterday, worked 8:30-5:30.. anyway just got back from school so i need to relax by playing some cs.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:10 AM
HiKaizer
Beer Drinking Dragon God

What exactly do you mean by R/S box system?
Force is mass times acceleration
Mass distorts Time and Space, therefore all the librarys in the universe create gravity distortion fields and are connected by a series of wormholes.

My house is a Black Hole!
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:07 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Play pokemon ruby/sapphire then deposit/withdraw pokemon and you will know what i mean. I really dont feel up to it seeing as this is only the battle system.

Anyway, I have just finished the coding for withdrawing pokemon, i need to sleep now but i will do the deposit side next then i can finish the pokemon capture part of the battle sytem.

DM could you PLEASE do the pokemon selection screen for our battle???? I am so tired and i know you can do it with the correct graphics and stuff. You are also good with CMS's and that is basically what the pokemon selection screen is. if you are going to do it then I will just add the finish of it later, like the actual change of pokemon. with varables and stuff. I just need the screen and CMS type thing.. I have way too much to worry about without mucking around with pictures again. I will do the item system, I just need the graphics of the background at the correct size.. I have the bag picture.

thanks in advance

Old June 2nd, 2004, 11:13 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Yeah, sure. You can send it my way, or I can do something seperate and send it to you so you can copy and paste stuff, but I think it'll be best if you send it to me.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

could you do it seperatly and send it to me? please? I have completed the automatic pokemon capture system, now it goes to your box, all that is left now it deposit. I also still havent done the name/hp thing yet, it will be done soon but the PC system is more important at the moment.

then I will concentrate on the item screen after I have modified DM's pokemon selection screen to work with the party pokemon. DM or someone, what should I do about the picture of the pokemon in the selection screen? you know the little .gif looking thing? I was considering making charasets of the pokemon in the selection screen but that would take far too long! I am not sure what to do.. maybe we should do what they did in pokemon red/blue/green with the little icon of a water pokemon which is used for all water pokemon and same for psychic/rock/fighting/etc.? what does everyone else think?

You know we still don't have a name for our game?

I'm up to about 80 variables so maybe just start at 100 ok?

Last edited by Krazy_Meerkat; June 2nd, 2004 at 10:23 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:33 AM
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

Quote:
what should I do about the picture of the pokemon in the selection screen? you know the little .gif looking thing?
are you talking about the little sprite of each pokemon next to their names? If so I could probably get them all but it could take a couple of days as there is so much to do. just let me know if you want me to do it.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:38 AM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

If you can, that would be great. I'll start working on the select screen and give it to Meerkat once it's done (the CMSy stuff anyway).

Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:02 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix316
are you talking about the little sprite of each pokemon next to their names? If so I could probably get them all but it could take a couple of days as there is so much to do. just let me know if you want me to do it.
You are such a champion. That would be so good if you could do it!

Ok I have finished the deposit part now guys, we have a fully operational Pokemon Storage System, There was a huge bug I found where it messed up your name but I fixed it now. I will start work on the item system soon but I have to go to school now. See you all in the afternoon!

Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:17 PM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Congrats Meerkat! What would we do without our talented lead programmer

I may not have time to work on the PKMN select screen until this weekend, unfortunately

BTW, think it's time to have a new poll?

Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

aww shucks.. Thanks for the positive comments DM, I have now put in the sorting system for the box withdraw/deposit thing, It had a few bugs but now its all good! Now whenever you withdraw a pokemon, the variables of the pokemon in the PC are replaced by the next pokemon's varables. etc etc. Same for depositing pokemon.
I would be glad for you to do the pokemon selection on the weekend, whenever you're ready.

In case some people don't know there is only space for two pokemon in the PC so far, since this is only a demo sort of thing I didn't see the point in more. If you want more (which you probably will) you will have to add them yourself.

Ok now I am going to work on the HP thing because I can't start my work on the item system because I have no graphics. If ANYONE could post a picture of correct size for the background, I would be VERY thankful!

I hope you can get all the sprites pheonix, it would be a great help.
Anyway now I am off to do the HP thing.. Also Enemy HP if I feel up to it.

Old June 4th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Sorye HK

Is there anything I can do to help?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links