Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Reload this Page RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?
Yes 46 74.19%
No 5 8.06%
Not sure yet... 11 17.74%
I don't care 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 25th, 2004 (06:51 PM).
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Thanks Daegon! lol. anyway, I really can't get that attatchment to work daegon , something's wrong..
Are you saying that you can't unzip the file?
Old May 25th, 2004 (10:00 PM).
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
no, I'm saying it wont even work. it wont even start downloading, all i get is a white screen which does nothing!

EDIT: DM can you please send me your saved game? I can easily make it send out two pokemon to fight, but I don't know what the "change pokemon" screen would be like. I need to look at it if I'm going to replicate it.

Whats all this stuff you are talking about a bridge and stuff? I have only been as far as when you take the little ship to the other island. I still havent battled with two pokemon and I dont know what to do now.

Pokemon Indigo League is a re-creation of the original Pokemon TV series in game form
Old May 26th, 2004 (02:11 AM).
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

go back to pettleburg city and through pettleburg forest. i cant remember exactly where but before you get to rustboro city you cross the bridge where all the fisherman are. there are two small girls i think and you have to talk to one of them to start the battle.
Old May 26th, 2004 (02:49 AM).
RM2K(3) Master

Whever you fight twins or two people you get to do 2 on 2. I'll send you the save, but it'll be in .sav format. Is that okay?

Old May 27th, 2004 (01:11 AM).
Rawr!

nah, I don't know how to use .sav format files.. I know where you are talking about. I am right near there on another game, I will go and see now! thanks guys

Pokemon Indigo League is a re-creation of the original Pokemon TV series in game form
Old May 27th, 2004 (02:09 AM). Edited May 27th, 2004 by Krazy_Meerkat.
Rawr!

thanks daegon!

EDIT: sorry for dp DM, no need to tell me off.. I forgot

Old May 27th, 2004 (02:50 AM).
RM2K(3) Master

Really Meerkat, I'm not "telling you off." I feel like I'm making so many enemies as a mod

Can't win 'em all... *cries*

Old May 27th, 2004 (03:00 AM).
Rawr!

lol.

I gave up on making my own item system DM, I couldnt get the background picture the right size without warping the text and pictures . If someone can get me the correct paranorma I would be very grateful.

Old May 27th, 2004 (03:25 AM).
Savant

Quote originally posted by Krazy_Meerkat:
lol.

I gave up on making my own item system DM, I couldnt get the background picture the right size without warping the text and pictures . If someone can get me the correct paranorma I would be very grateful.
You mean the Item Bag background?
Old May 27th, 2004 (07:36 AM).

would it be possible to add extra attack slots in this game because 4 slots are just not enough and that extra one or maybe 2 would make a big difference especially with HM's.
Old May 27th, 2004 (11:59 AM).
RM2K(3) Master

I'lll rip one, but do you want the item or Pokemon screen? Here's the Pokemon screen, you may need to resize the selectors- they're bigger than the actual panorama. The ones that are too large in resolution to attatch I think you can do yourself, if you don't mind. Would you like me to upload them and hotlink here?
Attached Images
File Type: png 1st Available.png‎ (20.4 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png chooser.png‎ (27.2 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png selectscreen.PNG‎ (5.7 KB, 44 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old May 27th, 2004 (12:45 PM).

I can donwload the attechments coud smaone ix it i want this pokemon system. or upload it on a site so ppl have a link to it.
Old May 27th, 2004 (11:34 PM).
Rawr!

Quote originally posted by Avatar:
You mean the Item Bag background?
yep, I can get the bag picture seperate, I just cant get everything else the right size..

Yes thanks for that DM but I don't need to do it, this is the public version and we are not including 2 on 2 battles. These are just the bare bones of the system, if you want anything else custom, like more moves for HM's and stuff the you will have to alter the system. That's what it's here for. I will do the 2 on 2 battles in due time darkmage, but there are just a few more things left for the public system like displaying HP and stuff.

Ashly, we will be supplying this to the public so you don't need to freak over it.

Old May 28th, 2004 (12:34 AM).

OK , Than i will wait....
Old May 28th, 2004 (02:48 AM).
Insane..
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Hey krazy do you need a hand with the bag background? If so I can give you a hand...

Old May 28th, 2004 (05:50 AM).
Beer Drinking Dragon God

I work in RM2k/3 a bit so if you want I could help out but you probably have enough people as it is.

BTW are you going to develop a box system? If so will you asign a seperate set of stats to each of the Pokmon in the box and refer to them in the battle code or just update those of the Pokmon in the team currently from those in the box?
Force is mass times acceleration
Mass distorts Time and Space, therefore all the librarys in the universe create gravity distortion fields and are connected by a series of wormholes.

My house is a Black Hole!
Old May 29th, 2004 (07:04 AM).
RM2K(3) Master

You can help, but you need to give a specific area that you'd like to help with.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the box system. XD

Old May 29th, 2004 (07:10 AM).
Savant

Quote originally posted by DarkMage31:
You can help, but you need to give a specific area that you'd like to help with.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the box system. XD
By box system, i think he means the Pokemon Box system/Bill's PC where you store Pokemon
Old May 29th, 2004 (03:25 PM).
RM2K(3) Master

In that case, yeah. There'll be a box system.

Old May 29th, 2004 (05:26 PM).
Rawr!

yes everyone, I realised that to capture pokemon there would need to be a pc box for pokemon to go into, I am going to just do the whole thing because otherwise it would get way confusing!

DM, I need to know roughly how many variables we will be using in the game, because I am going to make the calculations automatic for the pokemon to go into the PC and also to withdraw and put away pokemon so I will need a LOT of variables and I'm not even going to know how many there will be, like 5 or 6 for each pokemon.. I will just start at like 5000, I'm sure we won't use that many..

Old May 29th, 2004 (06:02 PM).
Beer Drinking Dragon God

My Idea with the Box system was to index all the Pokmon caught into a set of Variables, i.e:

Pokmon No. -Number in the box-
Pokmon ID. -What Pokmon they are-
Pokmon Lv
Pokmon Exp
Pokmon Attack-1
Pokmon Attack-2
Pokmon Attack-3
Pokmon Attack-4 (And if you want to add anymore just add more)

Pokmon Attack Value
Pokmon Defence Value
Pokmon Special Attack Value
Pokmon Special Defence Value
Pokmon Speed Value
Pokmon Evasion Value (Or you coulod link this into speed, I am not sure what you are doing there)

And Maybe a Luck value? To assist in working out criticals and that sort of thing?

Any way once you catch a Pokmon you set all of the values to a Box, Then when the Pokmon is taken from the the box to the party simply transfer all the values to another set for the party. When they are returned the values are transfered back and updated. A box system will require a LOT of variables however so I hope you are using the patches for expanded variables. A list of switches would be useful in checking how many Pokmon have been caught, so when you release one the next one caught doesn't automatically end up in the next slot instead of where the released one used to be.

Also out of curiostity what are the stat limits you will be using?
Mass distorts Time and Space, therefore all the librarys in the universe create gravity distortion fields and are connected by a series of wormholes.

Old May 29th, 2004 (06:26 PM).
Rawr!

Quote originally posted by HiKaizer:
My Idea with the Box system was to index all the Pokmon caught into a set of Variables, i.e:

Pokmon No. -Number in the box-
Pokmon ID. -What Pokmon they are-
Pokmon Lv
Pokmon Exp
Pokmon Attack-1
Pokmon Attack-2
Pokmon Attack-3
Pokmon Attack-4 (And if you want to add anymore just add more)

Pokmon Attack Value
Pokmon Defence Value
Pokmon Special Attack Value
Pokmon Special Defence Value
Pokmon Speed Value
Pokmon Evasion Value (Or you coulod link this into speed, I am not sure what you are doing there)

And Maybe a Luck value? To assist in working out criticals and that sort of thing?

Any way once you catch a Pokmon you set all of the values to a Box, Then when the Pokmon is taken from the the box to the party simply transfer all the values to another set for the party. When they are returned the values are transfered back and updated. A box system will require a LOT of variables however so I hope you are using the patches for expanded variables. A list of switches would be useful in checking how many Pokmon have been caught, so when you release one the next one caught doesn't automatically end up in the next slot instead of where the released one used to be.

Also out of curiostity what are the stat limits you will be using?
yeah, thats sorta what im doing, except i will include calculations to make the numbers be automatically programmed into variables. that will come later.. I have done some cheap animations for pokemon capture and some variables have been used.. I will continue more after lunch.

EDIT: stat limits.. hmm not familiar words to me.. I will not be including stat limits, if you want them then make them yourself. if you want to level up so high that your stats are over level 100, then go ahead. thats what i think. it would take quite a while to get there anyway. Maybe this way you could post your pokemon's stats and have contests to see which pokemon has the best stats.

Old May 29th, 2004 (07:30 PM).
Looking around here and there

"luck" has nothing to do with critical hits. Anyway, is there anything I can do to help with this system? I'm putting the item system on hold.
Old May 29th, 2004 (09:19 PM).
Beer Drinking Dragon God

It depends on what kind of mechanics the battle system is using, most of the CBS I have seen on other sites include a luck variable so I assumed that you would use one, but if you don't want to that is you choice, since you are the ones making the game.

Old May 29th, 2004 (09:22 PM).
Insane..
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
If you have a look, the games use a formula that calculates critical hit's. There is no luck it's just a calculation. But if you want it to be luck feel free.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links