Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

View Poll Results: Whats your favorite pokemon type?
Water 7 21.88%
Electric 2 6.25%
Fire 4 12.50%
Grass 5 15.63%
Poison 0 0%
Dark 3 9.38%
Flying 0 0%
Normal 0 0%
Ground 0 0%
Rock 0 0%
Steel 1 3.13%
Phychic 1 3.13%
Fighting 0 0%
Dragon 7 21.88%
Ghost 1 3.13%
Ice 0 0%
Other 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2006 (08:47 PM).
evilmetal2004
Hero trainer

Send a message via AIM to evilmetal2004 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to evilmetal2004
whats your favorite pokemon type and why?

My favorite pokemon type is Electric..i think electric pokemon can be very troublesome at various times. They also have very good speed and agility and some of them are really cool. Take the pikachu tree for example.

Lost memory- Will he do it?
Old August 2nd, 2006 (08:50 PM).
Shorty

Uh oh. Looks like we are going to be rivals because my favourite type are water pokémon. I think they have the most useful attribute that cannot only be damaging but helpful when needed to. Plus, I love swimming and water.
Old August 2nd, 2006 (09:00 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
I like the dragon type the most. The Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite is my favorite line of Pokemon. I've been in love with that line since I caught my first Dratini in the Safari Zone. I think Lance is one of the cooler characters as well. XD

This is where I'd post my PC family if any of them were still here. D:
Old August 2nd, 2006 (09:11 PM).
Rioku_Zanketa
...::Ultimate Warrior::...

fire type......people say dragons are the most powerful,but fire is....no one just haven't come to control it.....like I can....anything that has to do with fire,...I'm there....

take my blaziken for example...my friend an I had a link battle one time,against my lvl.89Blaziken vs.his lvl.92 kyogre,AND his lvl.75 wailord......with the help of blaze kick and sky uppercut,I completely PWNED them.......I AM fire......in flames,no one can best me......and that's the truth there....

sorry for getting all serious on ya!!!!to put it simple,fire is my fav.......^___^
Old August 3rd, 2006 (03:54 AM).
Whiplash
Been very inactive

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Whiplash
Quote originally posted by Rioku_Zanketa:
fire type......people say dragons are the most powerful,but fire is....no one just haven't come to control it.....like I can....anything that has to do with fire,...I'm there....

take my blaziken for example...my friend an I had a link battle one time,against my lvl.89Blaziken vs.his lvl.92 kyogre,AND his lvl.75 wailord......with the help of blaze kick and sky uppercut,I completely PWNED them.......I AM fire......in flames,no one can best me......and that's the truth there....

sorry for getting all serious on ya!!!!to put it simple,fire is my fav.......^___^
Fire arn't that strong there weakness are Water and thats the most popular Pokemon type in the game =P. But the guy/girl you were versing could of been using crap moves.

Thats anothe reason why Water are my favourite they can be really strong at the right time :D.
And I always pick them for a starter in any game when I first play it.

PC family -
Brothers= HatsuHaru and BonslyLover|Evil Twin= Nica|Paired with - Joyce.
I have claimed Dusklops|Bannette|Sableye!
Old August 3rd, 2006 (04:15 AM).
Sylphiel
beyond the twilight

Nature: Quirky
Please keep all pokemon-related polls in one of the pokemon forums. OVP isn't meant for polls like that.

-moves-

And to answer the question, if I had to pick a favorite type I'd choose Electric. There are several types I like, but I've noticed that I tend to like using Electric a bit more than the others.

Are you for real now, or just a dweller in my dream?

» Paired with Ausaudriel, yo.
» sketch.threaddAtumblr

» #thepokecommunity - come join us and chat! or don't idc but it might be kind of cool you never know
Old August 3rd, 2006 (04:52 AM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

Send a message via AIM to latios1993
my favorite type of pokemon is obvious.......Dragon,my combo of lv.85 latios and latias is the best around! i use dragonbreath and dragon claw, and sometimes recover.

owner of:
Old August 3rd, 2006 (05:09 AM).
Kaseo
Cursed Being

Hehe...really hard question. Hmm...I like so many T.T. Fire and psychic. I like dark and ghost too...but they aint that great. Only 1 or 2 pokemon from their types are really strong.
Old August 3rd, 2006 (05:33 AM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

my favorite dragon type pokemon are Salamance and Rayquaza!

owner of:
Old August 3rd, 2006 (06:42 AM).
TRHQ Concrete
Beginning Trainer

I like Water and Psychic attacks. Before the movesets where people always use Rain Dance + Hydro Pump, I always used Surf on every water Pokémon I had for the power and accuracy. Psychic was devastating too, since I had Mewtwo clearing opponents easily.
Old August 3rd, 2006 (03:22 PM).
Rioku_Zanketa
...::Ultimate Warrior::...

Quote originally posted by Dark_Grave:
Fire arn't that strong there weakness are Water and thats the most popular Pokemon type in the game =P. But the guy/girl you were versing could of been using crap moves.

Thats anothe reason why Water are my favourite they can be really strong at the right time :D.
And I always pick them for a starter in any game when I first play it.
nah.....surf,sheer cold,water fall,and dive aren't weak moves,buddy.....that just goes to sho how much you don't know about the power of flames.....like I said...in te hands of an EXPERT,.....fire is the strongest....boy,I'd wish there were some way I could prove it to ya...
Old August 3rd, 2006 (03:33 PM).
Shorty

While it is possible for an impressive fire pokemon to defeat and impressive water pokemon, the odds are still tipped in favour of the water pokemon whcih means the slight advantdge could make the water pokemon a better contendor.

The only way to prove if you really are the strongest is through battle with the best water pokemon trainer. My money's on water...
Old August 3rd, 2006 (04:28 PM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

dragon pokemon can learn pretty much every single type of move. electric,fire,dragon,water, etc.
so it doesn't matter what type of pokemon you use a dragon type can counter any type of pokemon if it knows the attacks to do so

owner of:
Old August 3rd, 2006 (04:34 PM).
may torchic
Torrchic~

Nature: Calm
my favorite type is water
Old August 3rd, 2006 (05:16 PM).
mrplanters
The new meaning of legend

I guess my favorite type would have to be a tie of psychic, dragon, water

Old August 3rd, 2006 (06:15 PM).
Mclaren
The Dragon Master

Send a message via AIM to Mclaren Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mclaren
Mine Is Dragon By Far, Like latios said they can learn almost any move and they are very strong

Yes I made this, please don't rip it cuase there is no name.
Old August 3rd, 2006 (07:06 PM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

my second favorite type would most definitly be water, because they have moves like no other.
my favorite water pokemon are mudkip,squirtle,and totidile.

owner of:
Old August 3rd, 2006 (11:52 PM). Edited August 4th, 2006 by Ria.
Ria
Minx Extraordinaire

Uh...geez, that's hard to say ^.^;

See, when it comes to favourite pokemon, types or whatever I tend to go by heart rather than by power ;

So, I'd have to say that my favourite type of all times is definately DARK ; Not to sound shallow or anything but they just all look so darn cool ;

Oh, almost forgot:
/Le sigh, le drool, le swoon/

I love doing that ;

Anyhoo, second place is for fire ; I do love my Charlie best and most /crushuggles him/

The Ineffable Agreement Fan
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things...

And now, the purple fic - but not pruple prose -> I can't believe I'm doing this...

In the next chapter:
Spoiler:
I literally lost all feeling in my legs at the very thought of Gary finding out about my horrible blunder. Well, to be perfectly honest, running at a maniacal pace for over an hour could have had something to do with the fact that I could no longer feel my feet. Seriously, to my knowledge you had to be either Forest Gump or experiencing some kind of a cathartic state of trance which is considered a sign from god by some jungle-dwelling pagan tribes to run like that.

I made a mental note to use the fact that fear for my pokemon had the same effect on me a cocktail of hallucinogen mushrooms would have on most people to my defense.
Old August 4th, 2006 (12:13 AM).
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

I personally like Water types the most. Not only do they have some incredibly sweepers, but they also have sponges, walls and (P)hazers, not to mention that they have many interesting type combinations, such as Water/Flying, Water/Ground, Water/Psychic and of course my favourite type combination Water/Poison.

Sharing the second place as my favourite types are Electric, Bug and Poison for reasons I I'm too tired to explain right now.
Quote:
nah.....surf,sheer cold,water fall,and dive aren't weak moves,buddy.....that just goes to sho how much you don't know about the power of flames.....like I said...in te hands of an EXPERT,.....fire is the strongest....boy,I'd wish there were some way I could prove it to ya...
Fire isn't really as strong as you say it is. Not only are they weak to Ground and Rock type attacks (And almost every physical sweeper has a Ground or a Rock type attack.), but they often lack the defense to take down more than one or two Pokémon. You are in no position to call yourself an expert if you think Fire Pokémon can beat anything.

I'll gladly prove you wrong if you want to. Just download Netbattle and make a mono type (A team where all Pokémon are of a certain type.) Fire team and battle my mono type Electric team with it. No one has a type advantage there, so it should be a fair fight. Pm me if you're interested in a battle.
Old August 4th, 2006 (12:23 AM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

i still think that dragon type pokemon are the best because they have good combos in types like dragon flying, dragon psychic, dragon water, dragon ground, and i think charizard is a dragon fire.

owner of:
Old August 4th, 2006 (12:24 AM). Edited August 4th, 2006 by Alter Ego.
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Rioku_Zanketa:
Dude...Waterfall, Dive, and Sheer Cold are all pitiful moves which only total N00Bs use. Plus, Wailord royally sucks as water types go (I believe the only worse finally forms are Corsola and Luvdisc <<). So yeah. Besides, anyone who uses a water type against fire and resorts to Sheer Cold doesn't have a clue about what he/she is doing. If you took a break from pounding your N00B buddies and actually faced a competent Netbattler out there (Where level advantages are negated, mind you) you'd learn how much it amuses anyone with even a basic grasp of strategy when you call Fire types the best. With skilled battlers, I'd say Water trumps the most. That type only has two weaknesses which are Grass and Electric, Swampert and Lanturn nullify the Electric weakness abd a good amount of them have godly sp.defenses. I'd really love to see you take down my NB Suicune with a friggen' fire type. (Heck, I even a teamfull of them probably couldn't pull that off) If you do accept Shorties' challenge, let me know when you two fight. I could use a good laugh. Also, learn to use the full stop. Really, proper punctuation would make you sound a bit more intelligent. If you really HAVE to use the triple dot all the time, then at least keep it triple all around instead of jumping into quintuple and whatnot. <<

Ahem, on the actual topic; Grass is my favourite. There's a nice variety of type combos there along with several nice movepools. Plus, I just love messing up my opponents with status inflictors like Jumpluff. (Leech Seed and Jumpluff rock, if you disagree with me you're wrong. =P) And of course, that type has two of my very favourite pokémon in it. Yay for Cradily and Victreebel. ^0^ As a runner up I'd say ghost and bug. Ghosts are sorely underrepressented (Only six different species unless you count Ghastly, Haunter, Duskull, and Shuppet and two of them pretty useless too) and I like most of them. Especially Duskull...Duskull needs a hug, people! >O Ahem, the type has nice resistances and immunities too (Love blocking out Fighting and Normal moves). As for bug...so many people call them weak which is a faulty and demeaning stereotype. (Heracross and Forretress should be enough to prove that) The only ones who ever seem to get recognition from the non-competitives are Scyther and Scizor because they're supposedly "Cool" even though there are many more good bugs out there. << Also, I like Shuckle and Weedle and Caterpie, not because they're strong but in terms of appearance. =D

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old August 4th, 2006 (12:32 AM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

yeah everyone knows that no fire type can beat a water type, its just common sense. even if we werent talking about pokemon, fire still couldn't beat water.......unless it was like 200 degrees fehrinheit.

owner of:
Old August 4th, 2006 (12:44 AM).
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

Quote:
yeah everyone knows that no fire type can beat a water type, its just common sense. even if we werent talking about pokemon, fire still couldn't beat water.......unless it was like 200 degrees fehrinheit.
A good fire type can beat a Water type. -.- One Hidden Power [GRASS] from a good Fire type and it's bye-bye Swampert. Pwning Pokémon with an advantage against you, taking it by surprise is the best strategy there is.
Old August 4th, 2006 (12:48 AM).
latios1993
Latios IS the best!!!

there's one thing wrong with you statement....hidden power is a NORMAL type attack.

owner of:
Old August 4th, 2006 (01:38 AM).
Auron
Legendary Guardian

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Auron
I like the Water Pokémon because I love the water, swimming...

And they're so cute !!

Signature made by me, rip and you'll die.
My hatched Pokémon, now evolved
Please click and help me
T-Cards. Thank you! [A][K][AUTO]
My Youtube Channel

Go and join IFAnimeShrine. Please help my friend Hayate. Auron commands you to.

My MSN address is in my profile, add me if you want...
Spoiler:
My Bishies: Asuka Kazama (Tekken), Tira (SC3), Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII), Cissy (Pokémon), Lyn (Fire Emblem)
My Pairings:
My Claimed Songs: Makafushigi Adventure - Hiroki Takahashi (Dragon Ball Opening) - Sakura Saku - Megumi Hayashibara (Love Hina Opening)
My Claimed Pokémon:Tentacruel, Electabuzz, Wailord
My Claimed Pokémon Manga Characters: Blue, Sapphire, Berlitz
Younger Sister: Joyce~♥
Evil Twins with: Hayate
Younger Brother: MrDreavus
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links