The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Always and Never
Nick // Always and Never

Send a message via AIM to Always and Never Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Always and Never
I'm making a hack that follows the path of silver during G/S/C. I hope you don't view it as plaijerism. Awesome game! I seriously just looked at every pokemon. Its great.

Sometimes life gets lonely if you haven't talked to your friends in a while.
Old March 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Don't worry about it, good luck with your project

NOW THEN...

Time for possibly the best news update you guys have had in a while.

We've recently recruited Baskinein as our scripter. This guy is a GENIUS, and very hardworking. Extremely talented with what he does - he's already set up the basic data for Pokémon, including IVs, EVs, base EXP, growth rates, evolution, base stats... wow, he's just good XD

He's building a fully functional Pokémon system and has already made good headway. He's our first actual scripter to officially join the SilverGlance Inc. Team, as all previous scripters who've contributed to the project have been collaborators.

Our old systems were deemed far too buggy, and Baskinein has taken it upon himself to build the core of the game from scratch, certainly no mean feat!

His current task is the features of the Pokémon menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baskinein
000% -- POKéDEX
070% -- POKéMON
000% -- BAG
000% -- POKéGEAR
100% -- TRAINERCARD
070% -- SAVE
100% -- EXIT

Currently Working on:
A good portion of the POKéMON menu is done, still have a fair amount left though.

SCREENSHOTS:

POKéMON MENU

TRAINER CARD
For the purposes of testing the systems, he gave Fly to his Bulbasaur XD And yes we know Venusaur is spelt wrong there. We're simply showing off the functionality of the menu.

The addition of Baskinein to our team has prompted an immediate response from the ever-excellent SilverGlance Inc. team. I will make special reference to Pyro's exceptional work on the menu system graphics (including Pokédex, bag and Pokégear pages), Whitey's enthusiastic work on buildings for the overworld, KangasKid's superb sprites and BlasterBoy's cool Pokédex entries, and Chizzy and Jake made an excellent start to the Pokémon icons. Baskinein's also keeping me on my toes with requests for the objects he needs to make the systems as well as the information. There seems to be a new level of organisation and efficiency in the team, and progress is better than ever.

So, what do I personally have to show?

A couple of maps.

A true labour of love, this may be my best map to date. This is Overlake City.

Hours have been spent on the gfx and map itself. Creating the rock formations was a nightmare, but it came good in the end. Whitey can take responsibility for the SUM Headquarters building, the houses are Mateo's as are the dam and Water Purification Plant that you can see partly to the north, and the platforms are mine.

The city is now actually a city built OVER a lake. Before, this place appeared to be a bunch of islands in the middle of a watery crater. There was no lake, and the city was barely above the water

That is now rectified in this monster of a map.

And finally completed is Mezereon City.

A long time ago I stated my intention to revamp Mezereon City and turn it from a bustling, bright and lively city into a grungy, gloomy, polluted city.

The final product is this. All of the buildings are now in place, and the revamped game corner is created almost from scratch by Mateo.

The Aspen Co building has undergone a minor alteration to give it some FRLG graphical traits.

Obviously, the brighter buildings are the ones that the council actually spend money on to generate income for the city, such as the mall and the game corner. The main houses and the city are crummy, and that factory kicks out fumes like there's no tomorrow, to such an extent that a thin haze is observed as you walk around the city

Cheers for your ongoing support - not only are we one of the longer lasting projects on the scene, we're possibly the most alive right now
Old March 11th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Very nice, Fang. Looks great! I wish I could help, but I only do graphics.
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Joey the Cockroach
Dino Crisis will never die!!!!

Nature: Adamant
That is REAL good news Fang. real good. at least you have a scripter. but a genius? that is awesome.
Old March 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

glad to see you guys have got a scripter now, it looks like Acanthite is back on track and will soon be one of the best, if not THE best Pokemon fan game to be produce ever... i cant wait to see more of Baskinein, by the look of things you do have a scripting genius on your hands, finally. lol good luck mate.

.Minor.

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
O.o Mezereon City is so....gloomy. lol. Great job on Overlake City. Keep up the good work!
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

OK.

We're getting somewhere here We're moving faster than we've moved in a while.

Now, we've got people doing good jobs all over the field which is great to see, but there's some things that need considering.

We NEED stats for all of the new Pokémon, and for this job we want somebody with a firm understanding of the mechanics of Pokémon:

- Rounded and feasible base stats that correspond to the style of the Pokémon in question.
- Growth rate of the Pokémon
- Egg group
- Steps taken to hatch eggs
- Evolution level/method
- (In some cases only, this is usually not that applicable) Percentage of a held item being attached to Wild Pokémon.
- Moves learned at what levels, which TMs can be learned, and possible breeding moves.
- Ability/abilities of the Pokémon
- Base EXP given from defeating the Pokémon
- Which EVs this Pokémon gives when defeated

As can be seen, this is a demanding task that will require a great deal of thought and time.
Remember that our current starters are being scrapped, so do not bother doing these just now.

We need a better compilation of TMs. Our number is going to be 92, like in DP, but will be a new set. Some old TMs will be the same, sure, but an update is needed. Some consideration must be taken, not all TM moves should be godly. If need be, contact me for information on new moves but you will find them kicking around the appropriate section of our forum

We have a few of the Pokémon menu sprites courtesy of Maneachicken and Jake, but we DO need all of them, and they need to have 2 frames of animation. Each of these frames must be saved into separate files of equal dimensions, and saved with a suffix of (***)-1 and (***)-2. The (***) represents the number of the Pokémon.

Also, if somebody would be able to rip all of the existing Pokémon menu sprites with both of their frames and save them in exactly the same way, this would be extremely helpful.

It may seem like a lot of stuff to do, but the reason we're succeeding so far is due to team effort. There's just a bit too much for our current active team members to handle alongside their other tasks, and I'm just plain lazy. XD Ok that's not entirely true, but this kinda thing would run extremely efficiently if we were to recruit others onto these tasks.

In other news, we're expecting an update from Baskinein on the scripting front very soon Watch this space
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM
→ clocks everywhere →

Hey Fangking, did you ever add any new HMs to Acanthitite?
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

We've had no possible HM ideas, actually. We want to bring Whirlpool back, but at the expense of what? As there are only 8 badges, thus 8 HMs and we wanna incorporate Dive and Waterfall.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
→ clocks everywhere →

hmmm, well, it can always work.

cut, rocksmash, dive, waterfall, whirlpool.

Those are 5 main HMs. Of course, your probably have more needed. Only an idea =P
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Maybe make some HMs usable without a badge.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Samson
no, i don't know milk drink

Send a message via AIM to Samson Send a message via Yahoo to Samson
well if you did it that way, you'd be handicapping the game mechanics. what's the point in having to perform a HM task and it doesn't hold any relevance to how far you are in the game.

anywho, good luck with all that. wish i knew anything about making games so i could help =/

[FONT="Calibri"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="gray"]FC: 3497 0883 2077
[/URL]
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

well you could do it and not handicap the game mechanics, put the place you get the HM in a place you cant get to until after you beat the last gym or some thing like that.

anyway i cant wait to see more screens from your scriptor...

good luck.

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Good idea, but I don't like games with new Pokémon, sorry. Still, graphics and sprites look totally good. Also, it's cool that you play with Silver/Kamon.

Old March 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
→ clocks everywhere →

Well, technically Secret Power was an HM, yet it was a TM. But it didn't open any doors to needed areas in R/S/E
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Plateface
Booted out - don't be like me!

hey chaz, i'll do the evolution levels and methods and pass em to you on msn, cya sheck
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:21 PM
→ clocks everywhere →

Hey, how come I can't find any Route maps? X) Stupid Question

either than that, I'm liking the new maps and I can't wait for more screenshots from the scripts
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Plateface
Booted out - don't be like me!

done the evolution methods and levels, im working on dex entries right now.
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

As promised, some more scripting has been done. Witness the summary pages in action as the Pokémon are now fully functional, theoretically!

Implementation of the basic Pokémon menu and summary pages is deemed by Baskinein to be 95% complete!

Old March 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

That looks great, Fang! Maybe use some space fillers for the empty space.
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Joey the Cockroach
Dino Crisis will never die!!!!

Great news as always, fang. keep it up man, i would like this game to have really great potential, and, possibly could be 1 of the best games made.

~ SSV1
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

If we can achieve that status, then I'm very happy. I'm willing to bet we can give it a good go with the team we have right now

Once again, Baskinein's due another update fairly soon, as he is making good progress with the Bag system. This guy is pretty darn speedy!!

Our new starters are soon to be revealed, but I can tell you their names:
Frondilo
Kindlejou
Aquanole

They pwn the old starters ridiculously.

aaaaand...

A Sea Route
Difficult to make these things exceedingly exciting, but it came out nicely enough. Decent rock formations. I have added more variation on the rocks since this shot, but tbh that's so negligible that you may as well just feast your eyes on this shot and save me the trouble of fixing it
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Adamant Linoone
Canine Munch

Simply Breath taking :o

Keep up the awesome work bud! And I really cant wait till this game is complete because its gona rock our socks off!
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:42 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Baskinein's bag system - need I say more?
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Very nice, but what you decide on making the bag black?

Sponsored Links