The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Plateface
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
Got Pokémon designs colours finalised for 15, (many more) but these are the official art designs.

ID1: Lunicoot
ID2: Kiwik
ID3: Glocean
ID4: Harnail
ID5: Kernut
ID6: Mountuna
ID7: Toxiqwil
ID8: Filamelt
ID9: Grubble
ID10: Ablyss
ID11: Picowatt
ID12: Pupunch
ID13: Gobleaf
ID14: Skume
ID15: Sepirit

These Pokémon have unique evolutions, their patterns, appearances (such as Lunicoot, Gobleaf, Sepirit, Filamelt, Toxiqwil, etc).

This fangame will definetly be the biggest thing in faking history, just wish other people could see that too.

Art is credit to me whilst designs and concepts may/are credit to others of the Acanthite team.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
Jaxsem
Owner of PokémonXP.com

Send a message via AIM to Jaxsem Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jaxsem
Hrm, he's gone again. Most unfortunate, since this is some high-quality work he's been putting up recently.

Brothers from Across The Pond(tm): Fangking Omega, others whose names I forget or never knew z.z
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
As always, he's probably one of Acanthite's most loyal and talented team members with the amount of stuff he does - however, he will continue to provide work and I'll probably just post it up when it comes.

Got some new stuff here

Guess which fan-game project is in command of a working (fairly basic thus far) Pokédex!

Courtesy of the ever superb Baskinein who is the best scripter in the world ever <3

I've updated the first post some more with newer sprites of main characters. Prof. Willow's had a major makeover. Her regular sprite and her profile (introduction) sprite are here:

Courtesy of the fantastic 23745 - I've updated the first post with his newer sprites of important characters.

Demo due very soon. It's not finished yet and it already makes the old one look stupid. I'm working on a few new maps due to a major change in the introduction to the game - this is a new and original idea and I confess I'm quite fond of it! But I don't wanna spoil this one.
Old August 5th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome looking stuff, can't wait for the demo.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Ooooh shiny - purple name.

Anyway. What could this be? (Clue. NOTHING to do with the wretched Sevii Islands. At all.) All will be revealed in 2 - 3 weeks time

Darren's excited, are you?

(Er... thanks, Tanka?)

Last edited by Fangking Omega; August 6th, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

I'm really excited about what it is (I won't tell). Here's some OW's I did for the starter's evos.

Last edited by Avatar; August 7th, 2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Latias418
Trainer

Today makes it a year since this topic was started. This looks like it'll be an awesome game, whenever it comes out.
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Yes it really does, you've done some great work here, Fangking Omega!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Well, thank you. Thank you all for sticking with the project while it's been going.

But don't just praise me. While I've definitely done my bit and I hope I've done it very well, praise the people who've made this game work - the whole team. Without them, this wouldn't have survived. Without them, this project wouldn't have as much quality as it does. And yes, I'm allowed to be bigheaded about their work because it's what they've done, not me, and I think it's all bloomin' fantastic! It's not just the fields that I personally excel in that have come good, it's the entire spectrum of fields that our talented staff, past and present, have been able to cover.

Keep on supporting. Demo two promises to be literally amazing.
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Joey the Cockroach
Dino Crisis will never die!!!!

Nature: Adamant
just one little thing with the pokedex: two 005's. but anyways nice going.
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
You will probably already have heard this a million times, but this game looks awesome. The Pokémon itself are fabulous. Some of the designs are even better then the original Pokemon, and all of them are very unique.
The story itself is great too, not -only- the usual "get the 8 badges and head for the league and in the mean time deal with the bad guys", but a story that is deeper. I like the idea.

And congratulations on one year working on Pokemon Acantithe. =D

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

It's more like 2 years, actually :D This was just a revival thread

But thank you very much. Everyone's been incredibly supportive.

And yes, well done Speedy Sonic this error was corrected previously but you're the first apart from Basky to notice it!
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Oh, well then congratulations on 2 years work. =D
It's incredible that you and your team are still working on it. =O
I'm watching this thread, I wanna see how things work out. =3

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:21 PM
NoOb GaMeMaKeR
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
is the screens on the islands the Irafas Isles from gsc platinum

~Sig Made by me~
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Just out of pure interes... Why not make it a hack? It woul be easier afterall...
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Jaxsem
Owner of PokémonXP.com

Send a message via AIM to Jaxsem Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jaxsem
Making a hack is easier? You have engine constraints when developing a hack, not to mention limitations on how much free space is in the involved ROM file. Also, you can't really add in anything truly custom into a hack unless you know a fair amount of ASM.

Case in point: this project is more easily completed in RPG Maker XP than in hack form.

Brothers from Across The Pond(tm): Fangking Omega, others whose names I forget or never knew z.z
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:18 AM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
keep going, i still wont the demo to be out soon, its like its teasing me ('_')
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:53 PM
alx_masher
I ain't that bad!

This game is awesome, however there are good and bad points (for me).

Yay! for:
-The Story: Really great! As MudkipBlader said:
Quote:
The story itself is great too, not -only- the usual "get the 8 badges and head for the league and in the mean time deal with the bad guys", but a story that is deeper.
-The Pokemon: Really nice drawings. I like Mawtress and Absi. NOTE: ABSI IS THE COOLEST AND CUTEST!

Boo! for:
-Virus- and Light-Types: I just don't really like the idea. I feel you are spoiling the game(no offense)

-Graphics: Graphics are too much pixelized. I guess it can't be helped though, since most of the screenies you guys posted are from the advance gen games. However, work on smoothing graphics.

Quote:
Guys, I would like ask for your permission to let me use your graphics(on 1st post) as my avatar. Can I?

[FORUMS]

Pokemon Cyber The real Pokemon MMORPG is coming soon in 2007! Just wait...
Pokemon Cyber completion: 0.00% (Trying to learn all the right stuff and forming a team...)

Last edited by alx_masher; August 10th, 2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old August 11th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Alright, introducing new types is always bound to divide opinion. Personally, I feel it freshens things and allows for a little more creativity, and I also really wanted an angel and devil based pair of legendaries to reflect the fact that this game is, on many levels, about the choice you have between good and evil. I'm sorry you dislike it. Fortunately, the way they integrate into the game doesn't intrude too much

If we keep the Pokémon graphics style, I'm afraid there's not much we can do about smoothing the graphics - everything in this game has to be double its normal size due to the way RMXP works. It's ok, it's just like playing a real Pokémon game at 200% magnification.

Feel free to use our graphics in avatars, sigs and such - you don't have to but it would be even nicer if you could link to us if you did - spread the word of Acanthite

---

I'm pleased to say that the demo is working wonderfully so far. I will note that there is no PC function yet, so any Pokémon you capture after your 6th aren't available to you, although I might introduce a temporary function so you can erase the last Pokémon in your party. However, given the amount of stuff we DO have in place, this is a small sacrifice - the fact we have the working mechanics of a battle system is a minor miracle in itself, let alone the Pokédex, items (with working Pokéballs), marts, realtime for night and day, defined wild encounters that vary between morning, day and night, a plethora of programmed Pokémon, trainers, and a very flashy new introduction. The story flow and events are working great too.

The little details are there too - there's a small window which pops up to tell you when you're in a new route, a new message system with the "typewriter effect", you can nickname and evolve your Pokémon, Gender, EVs and IVs are 100% present... the list goes on. Oh, we have a decent soundtrack too and some incredible new sprites from KangasKid and 23745.
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:40 PM
alx_masher
I ain't that bad!

@fangking omega
don't worry too much. as long as this game is alive and still going on, it doesn't matter. graphics are juz that. i've experienced programming too (on the Warcraft III World Editor that is). juz wanna tell you that it is sumthing u must work on. anyways, congrats on ur 2 years of this game and i await its release.

Quote:
I'm going to borrow ABSI's pic and color it a little. if u want u can color it urself so that u wont say a stole it and edited it.
tnx!

[FORUMS]

Pokemon Cyber The real Pokemon MMORPG is coming soon in 2007! Just wait...
Pokemon Cyber completion: 0.00% (Trying to learn all the right stuff and forming a team...)
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:45 AM
AquaLeaderMatt
Ood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post

If we keep the Pokémon graphics style, I'm afraid there's not much we can do about smoothing the graphics - everything in this game has to be double its normal size due to the way RMXP works. It's ok, it's just like playing a real Pokémon game at 200% magnification.
alx_masher, try READING Fang's posts
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie Boy and Dim. And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old Ultra-Violence."
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
Nice, nice, its looking great Fangking. I cant wait to learn about the new areas that you said WERENT the Sevii Islands XD

Critiques, bleh, everyone wants them now, well guess what, you dont get them o.o; I really have nothing I dont like about this so far, so keep it up ;-)
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Revolution
Da Bestest Pokemon Master

Send a message via AIM to Revolution Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Revolution Send a message via Yahoo to Revolution Send a message via Skype™ to Revolution
I remember the first time I saw this game a long time ago when i first started i was like WOW, and here it is still in progress. As i can tell a lot of you guys who work on the game put a lot of effort in the game and I hope you guys wont quite.

Has anyone ever saw a ACP that allows you to post News, update Pokemon of the Week, Site options and many more things? If not ask me and ill show you one.

Sites: PR, PG

AuctionAds: Increase the bid on your site's income!
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
I remember the first time I saw this game a long time ago when i first started i was like WOW, and here it is still in progress. As i can tell a lot of you guys who work on the game put a lot of effort in the game and I hope you guys wont quite.
We're way to far in to give up. We're get closer and closer to being done each day.
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Pyro here!

About the whole graphics issue, I've said some of the same things to Fang also, but like he said, it can't be helped. But when I play GBA roms I usually play in 2x so I'm used to it. The only reason it feels different to me is because I'm an RMXP Developer, so for some reason it just feels different to me, maybe its just the thought of it being made in RMXP?

Perhaps filters can be a thing to look at in the near future for this game? Like 2xSaI. Ya know, for those people who think it looks to...Pixelated Though if it were possible with RMXP it may be laggy or cause slowdowns.

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here