The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2007, 11:54 AM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
if its so bad, then you must show us how its progressed! hint hint!!

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Doesn't that just show you how bad it really was, that we refuse until our deaths to allow you to see it?

We are the sworn gatekeepers of a demo so horrible it makes little kittens throw up...

I'll leave you to think about that image, and PM me if you still want to have the demo
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM
§ilv£r
Team Rocket Member

Originally Posted by Virtual Chatot View Post
*crashes through window*

Yeah, we have a demo up...But, its really horrid compared to Beta 2 in the making >_<
Hm... is it playable? If so, can you give me a link or or something? By the way, FangKing Omega, this game is great. >.< That's all I can say.
I mean, it was a good idea to only put the Trainer sprites instead of Pokemon so you won't get thieved, and the whole idea of the game is remarkable!

...PM me if you want to be part of my PC family.
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Adamant Linoone
Canine Munch

Nature: Calm
Well the thing is mate, the current demo really doesn't give out the right inpression, theres lots of bugs and it has the old starters and crashes a few times. The game has been changed a lot since then so I'd suggest you just wait for the next demo.
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Joey the Cockroach
Dino Crisis will never die!!!!

Nature: Adamant
although i havent seen the first demo, you would be best off waiting for the next one.
Old November 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

I can't let this game not be bumped! This game is looking great. When is the demo coming out?
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Klingon
Booted out - don't be like me!

I like this; has some interesting things.
Not much bad about it
Good going dude~
Old November 10th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Sk8torchic
Pokéman-half Torchic

Can I get a demo. Also, I'm not sure if anyone asked, what are the Light Type Match-Ups.
This looks AWESOME (but those AREN'T the ONLY Pokémon available, right?)
Beware the Torchic if you value your life. They will strike with Flamethrower, defend with Mirror Move, and their ruler, Sk8Torchic, will leave you smoldering in a combination of Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon. His Metal Claw is deadly, too.

http://www.pokeplushies.com/pokemon.php?id=6
[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Sk8torchic's PokePet

Sk8torchic the level 99 Torchic!
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:10 PM
mathewhack2
I call her she's mine!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mathewhack2
Is this thread dead it hasn't been updated for a long time.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewhack2 View Post
Is this thread dead it hasn't been updated for a long time.
Er... It's not dead, it's just not that active, that doesn't mean that there are no updates. I guess FKO is just preparing for a big update at one time, or he's just really busy with more important subjects. Either way, try not to rush anyone.

██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 16th, 2007, 07:06 PM
thetribemaster
Pokemon: Brink of Oblivion

Old November 16th, 2007, 07:36 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
I think that it's never going to be released!
Old November 16th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Ugh...it WILL be finished. It's not that we don't care, it's that we have lives off of the internet. We all have school, work, and/or family. We can't commit 100% of our time to it. You can't say it won't get finished since it happens for any Pokémon fan game. The demo was set back to difficulties and once again, our lives (like Esmas said.)
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Well yeah I understand all that, I really do, but 1 year+ is a little long for a demo don't you think?
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Spazzup
umm

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spazzup
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
Well yeah I understand all that, I really do, but 1 year+ is a little long for a demo don't you think?
Not really actually, though I guess it depends on the size of the game. Keep in mind that they remade the game a few months ago and since then many issues have came up. Be patient.
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
A demo for this would be amazing.

I'm really likeing the new pokemon and this looks like the best hack ever.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Jordan
[:: Love Is War ★]

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skii View Post
A demo for this would be amazing.

I'm really likeing the new pokemon and this looks like the best hack ever.
Actually, this is a fangame that is made from scratch with a game design program.

Jordan.
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
I think that it's never going to be released!
What kind of support is that!? It usually takes about a month for a demo, but don't you know what demo means? "Demonstration", and if you think about it, having a 1-year long work means a better demonstration, and the better the demonstration the better the complete game. Please give more support to him, and he has more important things to do (e.g., work, real-life things). I give 100% support to you, FKO!
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Savant

Generally a game demo is released with the intention of being a presentation of an upcoming game or a recently released game.
The intention is to help consumers decide on whether to get the full version of the game after playing the demo.

So when it comes to, the Acanthite team has no obligation to release a demo at this time, just because you want one. If they want to, they can wait until a month or two before the full version to release one if they so desire.
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

I agree with Avatar, having a Demo isn't just to get the attention of the customers, though, it is to let them have a taste of the full version before it is released.

The makers/owners/staff of the game have a choice of when they wish to release their project, that means it can be released in the next 10 years if they want to. I'm not saying they are, but it is improbable that it will be released in the next day or week or so.

Let's just say it will be released in over 2 months, at the least. (I'm guessing, here.)
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 17th, 2007, 12:52 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

OK, OK whatever, I got really care about all that, i'm just asking for a demo. I think that if they released a demo right now it'd still be awesome. As for support, I support them I was just stating that it has been a year. Before anyone what's to argue any more, I'll tell you that I am not going to argue with you.
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Let me clear this. A game isn't just about demos or betas or that kinda stuff, you've got to think about the content like maps, sprites, storyline and that. That's the stuff that makes a game what it is ;)

And of course, this probably is one of the best fangames out there right now, but you've got to have patience for a demo ^^ Fang's a busy guy.
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
- Sigma -
Bam!

I noticed something -- every single fangame that is one of the best in the whole board, the founder is always busy with his non-internet things. Captain Arcane, FangKing Omega, etc. They're all busy, but they all have great projects going on.

Anyways, like about hundreds of people have stated throughout this whole entire thread: The game's awesome!

| Ranger's Official Website | Ranger Wikipedia Entry |
Old November 18th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
jonsploder, please don't take this thread off-topic; if you want to celebrate your posts, you can do so but make sure there is something on-topic in your post as well to continue the discussion. ;)

To the other poster - there's no need for that sort of tone, please. That can easily offend people and one of our rules is to respect all members.

Now, let's get back on topic.

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Old November 18th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Yeah, just dropping a note to let you all know that I'm alive and that I've done no Acanthite work at all recently ;) Kinda got 4 university interviews in the next month and I want to get into one of them at least!

In better news, there's a HUGE art update in the works by one of Acanthite's most loyal staff, Plateface who has been banned repeatedly on here :P Anyways, he's responsible for handling official artwork of the Acanthite Pokémon and he's just finished another large batch. More on this when it's all compiled for your viewing pleasure.

Sponsored Links