The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
this looks like one of the most promising games out there...
P.S. GIGIMPLODE FTW!!!!!!!!!!
(see avatar)
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

FYI vesper that message wasn't to you, it was towards zephyer, for the most part.
But i don't care.
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM
AkaneKuro
GTFO

Nature: Hasty
Where can you download a pokemon acanthite rom??? I want the rom so bad ><
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
It is not released yet. Read the first post.

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Lol i want the rom so bad he says
Old July 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Basketball
Beginning Trainer

Can you say or estimate when this will be released? It's looking fantastic!
Old July 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
There is no release date set. Again, read the first post.

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Mafi
Beginning Trainer

Good work. Ilike the history and the Kyledove styled tiles.
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:52 AM
AkaneKuro
GTFO

Oh =S Well sorry I heard somethin about a demo or whatev... =S
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:37 AM
Cynder The Bloody Angel
Trainer

that looks sooo great !!!!
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
zadjii
Beginning Trainer

In my mind rpgmxp games are some of the best, and this is no exception. Good story and good mapping, cant wait

Its an egg? Whats in it?
hacks i support:
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
AkaneKuro
GTFO

I download it and it works, right? And i know how you said to download "fonts" but i didnt know where and so i played acanthite...but couldnt...read..any..thing ><
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Alucus_Of_Borg
White Light Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneKuro View Post
I download it and it works, right? And i know how you said to download "fonts" but i didnt know where and so i played acanthite...but couldnt...read..any..thing ><
erm exactly where did you download it from??? the game doesent have a download yet
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0r3v3r-70x1c View Post
erm exactly where did you download it from??? the game doesent have a download yet
Actually, there was an old demo that was once released....I wouldn't even bother downloading that. But yeah, he probably downloaded the old demo.
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Anyone who dug up and downloaded that old demo will have no sympathy from me when they play it. What a disaster!

Quick newsflash, we have overcome one of our main scripting hurdles for the demo thanks to the generosity of Wichu and we're another big step closer. Additionally, we have a new member of staff by the name of Valkari Knight who will be providing us with an array of new graphics:

These graphics are solely for the use of Pokémon Acanthite.
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evilpkmn
Evilmad says Bonjour

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evilpkmn
Very nice , I love all those sprites.
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Nice, those psrites look really good.
Glad ou could get someone to help.
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Ah I see you are using the HGSS updated Silver. Very nice idea and your new sprites seems very talented. Some advice? Silver with a sling bag like that doesn't look all silver. Possibly a backpack with one shoulder strap only on his right shoulder would make him more...Silver.
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:42 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
There's something off about the shading of Silver's hair, as well as his right leg (not your right, mind you, his), but the other sprites, the animated walking one, for example, are quite well-done.
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:21 PM
liban_828
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
this game is so amazing brilliant sprites fake mon everything is fantasic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait till it's RELEASED

Future Pokemon Team:

Please tell me what you think about my team!

Old July 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Kyledove
Drowzee

Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
Heads up, his bag is showing in FRONT of his left (our right) arm, it should be behind.
Other than that, very nice.
Old July 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant

This sprite looks good, but it seems a little too short for me. But I guess it's fine, since Silver is younger in Acanthite.

EDIT: It seems short because the hair at the top, where the spike starts, becomes flatter instead of round.

Looks good, but I noticed, like Kyle, that the bag is in front of his arm. The spike in his hair looks strange (like an error). His right arm (our left) seems too narrow-shouldered. Silver hair looks like it got shocked on the side, or wind is blowing at him, which is extremely odd-looking. Lastly, I dislike both of their faces.

EDIT: I just noticed noticed on these two larger Willow and Silver sprites that they do not have a SINGLE black outline excluding Silver's shoes. That just makes it less of the D/P/Pt style. Also, the shading and outlining is quite bad.

I don't like this sprite so much. Silver's not the kind of guy who I can imagine doing this pose, and now that I'm seeing it, it looks very abnormal. And the arm proportions seem strange to the opposite arm and the body and legs. The head and hair looks like a rip off from the male Cooltrainer in Pokémon D/P/Pt, and it's badly shaded and/or outlined. Lastly, it shows that the spike in Silver's hair is facing left in all of his other sprites, but in this sprite it is facing the right.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_

Last edited by Lady Berlitz; July 26th, 2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Nature: Relaxed
Silver dosen't looks like .. Silver . Otherwise this game is the best . The Fakemon are better than the original Pokemon . I even have a feeling that Nintendo are going to recruit your Spriters for future games LOLZ XD

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM
1Ghostly-slash1
is t0 c00l 4 n00bs

Nature: Hardy
have u started working on shinies fr the pokemon?

OWNAGE XD
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Bigdog

Originally Posted by shrey2008 View Post
Silver dosen't looks like .. Silver . Otherwise this game is the best . The Fakemon are better than the original Pokemon . I even have a feeling that Nintendo are going to recruit your Spriters for future games LOLZ XD

I love the designs of all the Pokemon except the Final Stage of the Water starter. It could be made to look a little fiercer, I think. If Gamefreak did recruit them , Acanthite and it's Pokemon could become one of the future generations, and the first to be designed by foreigners. If Acanthite was ever an official game, I would buy it .

And for the battle sprite for Silver, there's the HGSS one ripped somewhere for reference or you could get it off Pokemon Japan's site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here