Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2009 (08:19 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

I just noticed the story had been updated since I last checked. Nice.

The sprite of Silver/Kamon/whatever walking & the one of Prof. Willow are ok, but the other 2 are in need of work.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (04:58 AM).
AkaneKuro
GTFO

Nature: Hasty
I wonder when it will be out :o
Old August 3rd, 2009 (08:07 AM).
Rekon
Gekkomodo! I Choose You!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rekon
Quote originally posted by AkaneKuro:
I wonder when it will be out :o
When it's ready. Stop Asking.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (11:37 AM). Edited August 3rd, 2009 by Fangking Omega.
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Whenever Burmy battles, it tends to pick up a cloak based on the terrain around it. Logically, it would need a new form if it is to battle in the PokéNet. Using stray strings of code in this entirely digital domain, it builds the Cyber Cloak. When wearing this Cloak, it can evolve into Wormadam with a Cyber Cloak which grants it the addition of Virus type.

Thanks to Comfy Cushion for this delightful concept. Burmy itself is ©Gamefreak/Nintendo

KangasKid18 has publicly released (a rare occurence!) Burmy sprites too, so take a look

And we have a sprite of Argus courtesy of Valkari Knight and Comfy Cushion:

All materials solely for the use of Pokémon Acanthite. Thanks
Old August 3rd, 2009 (11:45 AM).
Rekon
Gekkomodo! I Choose You!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rekon
Awesome new updates fangking, Cybercloak burmy is awesome.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (11:49 AM).
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
I love the cyber cloak burmy idea dude, awesome.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (01:11 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Hmm, what's Pokenet? Was that mentioned is some other post? If so, I'll look for it (dont have time right now)
Old August 3rd, 2009 (01:26 PM).
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

It's not been mentioned before, I don't think. Certainly not explicitly and never by that name. I suppose I want people to speculate, as I purposefully only give small chunks of information
Old August 3rd, 2009 (01:43 PM).
EJames2100
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Quote originally posted by Fangking Omega:
It's not been mentioned before, I don't think. Certainly not explicitly and never by that name. I suppose I want people to speculate, as I purposefully only give small chunks of information
Online by any chance ? :D

Some nice looking sprites there
Old August 3rd, 2009 (01:56 PM).
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Quote originally posted by EJames2100:
Online by any chance ? :D
Not this specific feature, it's during regular gameplay.
Old August 3rd, 2009 (02:10 PM).
Legendaries
Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover

Nature: Adamant
Is it something like entering the cyberspace using Porygon?
Old August 3rd, 2009 (02:12 PM).
EJames2100
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Ahh like a Digital world you can enter ?
Old August 4th, 2009 (01:41 PM).
AkaneKuro
GTFO

Nature: Hasty
Are the starters supposed to be a jellyfish,plant,and a fire snake in the demo? O_o
Old August 4th, 2009 (02:00 PM).
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

I'll warn people time and time again not to play that terrible, terrible release. Will they listen? Nah. Yes, before we actually had a sense of artistic direction, the Pokémon list featured dreadful starters (though Striktoil still appears, just not as a starter). You'll also find things such as wild Skume, and countless glitches and flaws in a system that just wasn't ready to be used. But because of the pressure people put on us for a release, that came out... and since that we have redone everything. Everything.
Old August 4th, 2009 (02:39 PM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'll warn people time and time again not to play that terrible, terrible release. Will they listen? Nah. Yes, before we actually had a sense of artistic direction, the Pokémon list featured dreadful starters (though Striktoil still appears, just not as a starter). You'll also find things such as wild Skume, and countless glitches and flaws in a system that just wasn't ready to be used. But because of the pressure people put on us for a release, that came out... and since that we have redone everything. Everything.
I think they're doing it to spite you Fangking. Though it's nice to see a new update, great job to you and your entire team. ^_^

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old August 4th, 2009 (02:49 PM).
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

Whenever Burmy battles, it tends to pick up a cloak based on the terrain around it. Logically, it would need a new form if it is to battle in the PokéNet. Using stray strings of code in this entirely digital domain, it builds the Cyber Cloak. When wearing this Cloak, it can evolve into Wormadam with a Cyber Cloak which grants it the addition of Virus type.

Thanks to Comfy Cushion for this delightful concept. Burmy itself is ©Gamefreak/Nintendo

KangasKid18 has publicly released (a rare occurence!) Burmy sprites too, so take a look

And we have a sprite of Argus courtesy of Valkari Knight and Comfy Cushion:

All materials solely for the use of Pokémon Acanthite. Thanks
That is.................. TOOOOTALLY WICKED.

But the only thing that does not look right is the head, I know that it is an edit of Cyrus but the heat coud be straigh so that it could look different, maybe tean it a couple of degrees. And the hair looks to big, remember the perosn has weight, so might tone it down.

Old August 4th, 2009 (03:15 PM).
AquaLeaderMatt
Ood.

Quote originally posted by Anuhrima:
That is.................. TOOOOTALLY WICKED.

But the only thing that does not look right is the head, I know that it is an edit of Cyrus but the heat coud be straigh so that it could look different, maybe tean it a couple of degrees. And the hair looks to big, remember the perosn has weight, so might tone it down.
You know that it's a Cyrus edit? That's odd, considering it isn't. The sprite looks awesome, if you're going to criticise, at least offer something better!

Excellent work again my dear coal miner, can't wait to see more.
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie Boy and Dim. And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old Ultra-Violence."
Old August 4th, 2009 (05:02 PM).
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

Do you want me to get a cyrus sprite and show you that it is an edit.

Old August 4th, 2009 (07:07 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Cool update. Can't wait to see the Wormadam variant.

I also notice rather official-looking Gekkomodo art in Rekon's avatar; looks even more like a chameleon that Keckleon.........which is why I still don't quite understand why its name is a combination of 'gecko' and 'komodo'.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 4th, 2009 (07:23 PM).
Tinhead Bruce
the Neighbour

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Tinhead Bruce Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tinhead Bruce
This is absolutely incredible! This is the first time I've ever seen a well-executed original Pokémon game, and it looks marvelous. The talent of your designers seemly knows no bounds. Suffice it to say, I will play it when it's possible, and please do keep up the fantastic work!

Banner and Avy Credit I Partner in Crime I Sister I Mentor I Unwilling BDSM Slave
Broseph
Old August 4th, 2009 (08:03 PM).
Bigdog

I played it once ,and did not like it . I know this is going to be a whole lot better because it reminds me of Gold and Silver because of it being a prequel and of the great designs.
Old August 4th, 2009 (08:37 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
I would like to see your proof that it's an edit...
Because I just took a look, and the only similarity is the face, they have the same general look. And yet its still not the same (different colors and shading)
So if it's the face your referring to, then shut it. Cause that's barely an edit at all.
They maybe took the face, and edited that. But that's it. Everything else seems to be scratch.
Old August 5th, 2009 (02:56 AM).
Alucus_Of_Borg
White Light Designer

Quote originally posted by Atomic Reactor:
I would like to see your proof that it's an edit...
Because I just took a look, and the only similarity is the face, they have the same general look. And yet its still not the same (different colors and shading)
So if it's the face your referring to, then shut it. Cause that's barely an edit at all.
They maybe took the face, and edited that. But that's it. Everything else seems to be scratch.
i think hes looking at the pose it has a similar pose to the d/p cyrus though there are differences that tells me that its not an edit
Old August 5th, 2009 (03:46 AM).
AquaLeaderMatt
Ood.

Yeah do it! Prove me wrong. :D
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie Boy and Dim. And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old Ultra-Violence."
Old August 5th, 2009 (05:23 AM).
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

It seems the face IS based on Cyrus Sorry Matt. Even I'd not noticed.

Sponsored Links