Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2009 (2:44 PM).
Darkness and Rebirth

Quote originally posted by Mitchman:
NO he did disband Team Rocket completely. Giovanni left Silver to rot in Kanto after disbanding Rocket becuase of being beaten by Red. So the whole Giovanni thing can be taken how he wants after that.
No, the only thing he did was go train. Now you everybody made the assumption that he disbanded just because their was no word. Why would he disband his heritage. And he left Kamon to train in the woods.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 19th, 2009 (3:04 PM).

I'll sum this up for your dumb ass. Red pwned Giovanni's ass and in general his organization's ass in RGBY/FRLG, so Giovanni left his son for dead. Silver grew bitter hatred of The Rockets and sought to bring them down and the leader, which is ironicly his own father.

To sum you up ,you're a complete retard because all this information is readily available on Bulbapedia and an ass.

Old September 19th, 2009 (3:35 PM). Edited September 19th, 2009 by lx_theo.
Game Developer

Nature: Careful

Quote originally posted by Bigdog:
I'll sum this up for your dumb ass. Red pwned Giovanni's ass and in general his organization's ass in RGBY/FRLG, so Giovanni left his son for dead. Silver grew bitter hatred of The Rockets and sought to bring them down and the leader, which is ironicly his own father.

To sum you up ,you're a complete retard because all this information is readily available on Bulbapedia and an ass.

Whats wrong with you? Whether you are right or not, show some common decency rather that insulting someone for not knowing every bit of info you yourself does.

Not too mention this isn't even your thread, show at least some respect to the developer's and don't go break the rules with your swearing and such in their thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this is considered wrong in any way, I just have a problem with blatant lack of respect or consideration for others when the other person did not bring that level of it upon themselves.

Old September 19th, 2009 (3:39 PM).

Acanthite founder

Crystal Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega

Where is it said exactly that the training took part in the woods? It doesn't matter in the slightest for Acanthite's story, I'm just curious.

That window of three years is extremely helpful - a lot happens. When Argus resurfaces as the "temporary" Team Rocket leader, Giovanni certainly doesn't intend to return to the regime that Argus inspires, nor have any part in Argus' main plot. The motivations for this become clear at points AFTER Silver's argument with Giovanni in the flashback in the Celebi event. Some of these things I will not spoil, but Giovanni escapes his old life for a time during his training and begins building a new reputation for himself in a new land which will fall apart during the events of Acanthite in good time for him to consider returning to Team Rocket when he hears Apollo's broadcast following the breakdown of Argus' reign of terror (it's obviously not a secret that Argus won't be in charge of Team Rocket by the end of Acanthite since Apollo is the apparent caretaker during HGSS so that's not really a spoiler - how it happens WOULD be a spoiler!).

I can confirm that Apollo will appear in the background of Acanthite but won't have a prominent role. You will see the beginnings of the circle of power that is the placeholder administration for Team Rocket you see in HGSS.

Following the heated argument of the HGSS flashback, something very significant will reconcile Giovanni and his son and daughter (an event that was already planned for the story, and now serves to explain how they return to be a little more solid as a family after the heated row of the Celebi event - though there is a certain amount of fragility to their life).

Old September 19th, 2009 (9:40 PM).
Locked & Loaded

*re-reads Acanthite storyline on 1st page, then facepalms*

AAAAAHHHHHHH..........NOW it makes sense, heh.

And seriously, guys, enough with the flaming already; it ain't necessary.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 22nd, 2009 (3:47 PM).
The Apparition

Nature: Calm

I have one question, will it be available to download for mac computers? Because there is only like 2 Pokemon ROMs that actually work for Mac.

G/S/C Monotype Challenge: Ghost {The first Ghost type winner!}
Old September 22nd, 2009 (3:52 PM).
Game Developer

Nature: Careful

Quote originally posted by Velvex the Øverlørd:
I have one question, will it be available to download for mac computers? Because there is only like 2 Pokemon ROMs that actually work for Mac.

For one, its not a hack so it would not use a rom in most every situation (every situation as far as I know)

Secondly, I believe games made on RPG Maker XP will not work on Macs.

Old September 22nd, 2009 (8:47 PM).
Locked & Loaded

Looking through the Fakemon section on DeviantArt, I came across the new Tidalisk art............niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 23rd, 2009 (2:13 AM).
Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover

Nature: Adamant

I'm still sad that they removed Prodisc from the game :( It was awesome Pokemon :D

Old September 23rd, 2009 (1:08 PM).

Acanthite founder

Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by HeavyOctillery:
Looking through the Fakemon section on DeviantArt, I came across the new Tidalisk art............niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Don't assume that to be the final, it isn't final until it's on our website.

Old September 23rd, 2009 (4:07 PM). Edited September 23rd, 2009 by Bigdog.

Quote originally posted by Fangking Omega:
Don't assume that to be the final, it isn't final until it's on our website.

Now that design suits much better.

But where do those horns come from?

Quote originally posted by Velvex the Øverlørd:

You can always get those open source Windows XP emulators for your mac if you really want to play or you could just switch your OS for Windows.

Old September 24th, 2009 (2:09 AM).

Acanthite founder

Crystal Tier

Iguaqua by Hallm3 has horns, it makes sense for them to get bigger when it evolves

The final Tidalisk will be less bulky and more streamlined.

Old September 26th, 2009 (2:56 PM).

Didn't know he had two horns though. The second horn on his final form look out of place to me, but it's looks great.

Old September 26th, 2009 (3:08 PM).
Space Lion

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to ChronicEdge

I still miss the tree starters. D:

Well, except the first one, but whatever.

Iguagua is a lot cooler now. I agree with what you said about the horns, Fangking.

As always, thank you, PC'ers, for tolerating the crap that comes out of my mouth.
Old October 26th, 2009 (9:10 AM).

Master of Palettes

Crystal Tier

Few! A few hours before a month since someone posted. This means it won't be locked

Demo Beta out Now!

Old October 26th, 2009 (11:45 AM).
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed

That's spam buddy.
Try not to do that again in another thread.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old October 26th, 2009 (11:18 PM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight

Quote originally posted by Neo-Dragon:
That's spam buddy.
Try not to do that again in another thread.
But then again, it would be such a shame that Acanthite would get locked, agree?

Old October 27th, 2009 (4:10 AM).

Master of Palettes

Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by H2O Turquoise:
But then again, it would be such a shame that Acanthite would get locked, agree?
It does have the best Fakemon out of any fangame on the internet, after all. And I couldn't give a real exclamation to why I was bumping it since I was on my mobile and it takes way to long to even type the colour code...

So let's just say I said this:
This game has the best Fakemon I have ever seen, I really like all of them and the artwork looks like it was done by game freak!

Really, we all know which is best.
It's a shame no one has posted on this thread for nearly a month and I hope me reviving it gives it a new lease of life.

That ok?

Demo Beta out Now!

Old October 27th, 2009 (4:35 AM).
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed

Quote originally posted by H2O Turquoise:

The thread creator can revive this thread at any point as long as content (an update/demo and so on) is being posted.

But for members to post on the day. that's spam. That's called bumping a thread my friend.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old October 29th, 2009 (9:06 AM).

Acanthite founder

Crystal Tier

(Copied statement from Acanthite forums)

Activity is dreadful, my apologies. I've been trying to find time for Acanthite as a project and forum while dealing with a busy personal life and hectic work schedule at university (and rarely being at home to work on Acanthite). As such, we need an action plan because I've evolved into an ineffective leader for this project. However, the idea is too much of a good one to give up.

People, I need active staff.

In the great and unequivocally efficient Cipher's retirement from active duty, I find myself lacking the time to be a good administrator and things are getting on top of me. Ideally, I would like someone to step up to the plate here on the basis of assisting with forum and site management (likely with correspondence through Cipher who is still alive and consequentially blessed with his own experience and knowledge).

Afti has suggested a streamlining of the Acanthite forums and I agree with him. Many of the general forums will be removed soon to place a heavier emphasis on Acanthite itself and members will be more inclined to discuss and contribute to the project rather than general matters.

I am in need of some more staff to work on all areas of the game as many current staff are AWOL. I'm looking for story collaborators to work with me, pixel artists who can work on DP styled buildings and tiles, Pokémon and trainer sprites (and if KangasKid18 reads this and disagrees with any such appointments, he may contact me and tell me his intent to continue with this project but I'm assuming he has a great deal of work), and the whole array of menu interfaces, icons etc, music and sound effects, high-level RGSS/Ruby programmers, concept artists.

Anyone wishing to contribute to these areas and join the team, state your case WITH EXAMPLES in this thread or in PM. I want to know that you will be ACTIVE.

Anyone who has ideas for what they want to realistically see in the game, state so in this thread or in the appropriate forum section. If you have ideas for the forum, likewise, discuss it. We need discussion because we, and I include myself wholly in that, seem to have just been ignoring this as progress gets worse and worse.

Cheers,
Charlie

Old November 21st, 2009 (8:31 AM).

spectacular sprites,map and 10 points for making your own pokemon

Old November 21st, 2009 (7:06 PM).

Nature: Modest

Wish I could help, but I am highly reliant on precompiled tools. By the way, do you have a % on how much is finished?

Old November 25th, 2009 (3:20 PM).
I make ideas you make hacks

WOW this looks really good...any demos out?

Spoiler:
If you need pokemon made for your hack pc me
Old November 27th, 2009 (1:33 PM).
Caught Somewhere in Time

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prowler

Not a big fan of the new Pokemon TBH, though I've not liked the Hoenn+ officials anyway, and these are done in the same style. High production values though.

Also the maps could do with more details such as flowers scattered around or any new details made. Seems some of the "cities" are small as well, with only a couple of houses. Mezereon is nice though as well as Bambotta.

Old January 23rd, 2010 (8:23 AM).

so, is there a demo out? when will the game approximately be finished? no posts her in a while. Has anything recently been done so far?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links