The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
XxTsukasa
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutonoor View Post
Oh please, I did read, he just recently edited the status section and added the elite 4 video.
I wasn't talking about just the first page, if that's what your referring to.
I meant like other pages, in the 90s he posted the video.

@marz: Yeah, you're right.

You should just repatch it onto a clean FR and then move the sav file to where the new FR is.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Narutonoor
Pokémon Collector

You don't have to use a clean fire red game every time, I just patch the origional shiney gold I use and I've found no problems so far. Patched it twice so far on the same fire red.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
XxTsukasa
Beginning Trainer

Well, I did too.

But, you never know.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutonoor View Post
You don't have to use a clean fire red game every time, I just patch the origional shiney gold I use and I've found no problems so far. Patched it twice so far on the same fire red.
You have been lucky then because there have been many reports of events repeating or not working at all due to double patching

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
D R E ™
Goku's back oh yeh!

Send a message via AIM to D R E ™ Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to D R E ™
It works perfectly fine for me
Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Hey, does anyone here think it would be wrong to create your old pokemon from a previous beta with pokemon maker and import them to the next beta?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Cyrus The Virus
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cyrus The Virus
Woah this game rocks!

I love it!

Keep the good stuff coming!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:11 AM
greattime
Beginning Trainer

cool I cant believe you did that. I have to watch thos videos
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:58 AM
Prince Vaati
Banana Lover, GH person :P

Nature: Adamant
Hey, Zel, i have a question. Even though this is a gold remake, can you include some of the 4th gen. Pokemon in the game? Like the new starters or some evolved forms like Weevile or MimeJr?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:12 AM
Zowayix
hi

zel already said no. Read the first post!!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
Prince Vaati
Banana Lover, GH person :P

Nature: Adamant
Erm...sorry >_O; i guess i forgot to read it again ;;
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:49 AM
D R E ™
Goku's back oh yeh!

Send a message via AIM to D R E ™ Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to D R E ™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Vaati View Post
Hey, Zel, i have a question. Even though this is a gold remake, can you include some of the 4th gen. Pokemon in the game? Like the new starters or some evolved forms like Weevile or MimeJr?
it would be cool though, why not , what ever this game still rocks.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by _-Blade-_ View Post
Nice Hack zel! I've been keeping my eye on this one!
BTW, i've been testing the combatibility of trading with Shiny Gold.
Leaf Green & Fire Red work fine, Still not sure about Ruby & Sapphire.
Good Luck
Well, I can confirm you it won't trade with R/S/E, because you needed the rocks and doing an event in Island1 (which is what really matters, it's needed to see the stuff in that event and figure out a flag, or command needed to enable the trading ability)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyShe View Post
Im not ripped off xD I think o.o
Its just on comp i dont get so much and i got a GBA in real life and when i was looking at stores to get new game i find Pokemon Shiny Gold...i was like..woot? new pokemon game...but its not o.o and yeah maybe i got ripped odd b/c that game need some more work @_@ (it is super cool pokemon hack,but come on! do you call that great if a girl srpite is like a ghost? *walks away -me no ghost- * )
Well, and I can confirm you that you've gotten ripped... (It's an in-progress work, so you payed for an uncomplete game)
And... I do admit I may be forgetting a bit about the feminine public, lol (I hope to get to work on all her sprites soon... Apologies...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkiboshi View Post
Can I possibly keep my current team when the next Beta comes? Because I caught Ho-oh. With a Great Ball.
You may do whatever with the patching methods, but keep a backup just in case. By the way, you could just trade from the old Shiny Gold version to the newer one (even though they may not obey you till you get badges again)
Don't forget, all of you people should consider yourselves as Beta Testers, you are testing an in-progress work, and... Who said Beta Testing was an easy work? :D

Well, I'm going, there are no news, which drives me crazy...

Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
D R E ™
Goku's back oh yeh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Well, I can confirm you it won't trade with R/S/E, because you needed the rocks and doing an event in Island1 (which is what really matters, it's needed to see the stuff in that event and figure out a flag, or command needed to enable the trading ability)

Well, and I can confirm you that you've gotten ripped... (It's an in-progress work, so you payed for an uncomplete game)
And... I do admit I may be forgetting a bit about the feminine public, lol (I hope to get to work on all her sprites soon... Apologies...)

You may do whatever with the patching methods, but keep a backup just in case. By the way, you could just trade from the old Shiny Gold version to the newer one (even though they may not obey you till you get badges again)
Don't forget, all of you people should consider yourselves as Beta Testers, you are testing an in-progress work, and... Who said Beta Testing was an easy work? :D

Well, I'm going, there are no news, which drives me crazy...
Thats so cool epecialy the trading, but too bad looks like you cant trade to r/s/e, only if you made the celibi event havineing to do wit it...
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
Deuce.
Beginning Trainer

YES! I got the newest version of gbSP for my PSP so it lets me save the game and have sound. :D Yay!

Nice mod once again. Also, apologies if this has already been asked, but is there going to be a day/night feature added? Or is there another Gold/Silver/Crystal remake you know of that has that feature?

Thanks..
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce. View Post
YES! I got the newest version of gbSP for my PSP so it lets me save the game and have sound. :D Yay!

Nice mod once again. Also, apologies if this has already been asked, but is there going to be a day/night feature added? Or is there another Gold/Silver/Crystal remake you know of that has that feature?

Thanks..
*sign* It cant, becuase FireRed runs on a circuit board, not internal clock.

And you have to consider actual game coding. Not scripting. So ethier way, no 3rd gen game can support day and night features.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Deuce.
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Latios93 View Post
*sign* It cant, becuase FireRed runs on a circuit board, not internal clock.

And you have to consider actual game coding. Not scripting. So ethier way, no 3rd gen game can support day and night features.
Hmm, weird. I saw a hack earlier which used either FR/LG or R/S (one of the two) and it had night vision implented in. What I was asking though was if there was any to download.

Edit: I think it was called GlitterGold.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:02 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Hmm, weird. I saw a hack earlier which used either FR/LG or R/S (one of the two) and it had night vision implented in. What I was asking though was if there was any to download.

I don't know if there are any to download, all you should keep in mind to stay on topic of the game ShinyGold is that there is no day/night feature. Read the first post....

everlasting rivalry with murderface +
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Nature: Calm
Quote:

Its a RPG maker game, not a rom hack.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Narutonoor
Pokémon Collector

I'm just happy I patch the same fire red copy over and over and have on problems :D, the only problems I can think of happening if he (Zel) changes some things previous to the point I'm at... then that would just suck. But I'm gonna continue patching the same file cuz I wanna keep my same pokemon, I wonder if I put the game on my gba flashcart if it will work on a real gba :O
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:50 PM
Deuce.
Beginning Trainer

It should do, since both the real non-patched version of fire red and the shiny gold worked on my psp gba emulator.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
D R E ™
Goku's back oh yeh!

glad too see this game is still going keep up the good work
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Zel, I was just playing the johto games, and well you know the routes before Victory Road, I think it's like Route 26 or 27, there weren't enough trainers to my taste. Could you maybe... add some trainers there?

Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Chibaymega12
Enemies of the Leaf Beware!

Send a message via AIM to Chibaymega12
That would be nice, an extra opportunity to get some exp. Also, itd be nice to have some stronger wild pokemon to gather some exp. too, maybe on vic. road
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibaymaga12 View Post
That would be nice, an extra opportunity to get some exp. Also, itd be nice to have some stronger wild pokemon to gather some exp. too, maybe on vic. road
I think zel said he'd put some strong poke in victory rd. I might be wrong though. In the original johto games, the strongest poke I saw in victory Rd. was at Lv.35, that's not bad, but not good if your poke are in the 50's, which mine were.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links