The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Dude, your work is awesome, keep it up!
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Pikachu_Charizard
Swellow

You wrote that you MIGHT add the night feature, how will you do that if you do??

Credit To Nova
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:52 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

the only thing i can think of thats kinda like the day and night feature is that nightime will be rainin, cuz thats the only thing i kno where its preety dark, zel, maybe you can just take away the rain sprites? idk.
Old October 28th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu_Charizard View Post
You wrote that you MIGHT add the night feature, how will you do that if you do??
Where did he say that?

And even if he was planning to do this, that means that he'd have to script in a clock as well, since FRLG doesn't have one.
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:12 AM
sahil
Mewtwo Hunter

legendaries.....for a long time i study'd them.. there power still is unbelievable, but....doesn't suicine stands in front? doensn't matter but still do'h.

So i'm just an experiment... a copy
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Ronmaster
Beginning Trainer

This Hack Is Absoluely Awesome. If This Was A Gam, I Would By It. I Have A Question, In The Second Load Of Picz On Page 1, Who Is The Guy With The Lab Coat And The Red Hat????
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:11 AM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
That's zel's character in the game, named Carlos. He said it wasn't completely going to follow the G/S storyline

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:26 AM
لμηιοяאD
Brasilian Greath Trainer

Quote:
This Hack Is Absoluely Awesome. If This Was A Gam, I Would By It. I Have A Question, In The Second Load Of Picz On Page 1, Who Is The Guy With The Lab Coat And The Red Hat????
Is a zel char in game lol
Old October 29th, 2006, 07:02 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
man zel u are awesome!!! thats kewl with the legendary screen! so are you gonna do like latios and latias did in rse? they just fly around and you just find the mrandomly?
You will not find them in Beta2. I'll have to see how to make them run wild, but I'm not too sure to pull that one, since the script, flag or whatever it is that enables a legendary (dog or... whatever...) run wild is uncertain to me right now. It's gonna involve some serious search which will take quite a lot of time, so I'm gonna leave that for the end. There are more important things to finish first. And besides, if I'm not able to make them wild, I have a neat idea of how to get them, and it's gonna involve a little change in the story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu_Charizard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
the only thing i can think of thats kinda like the day and night feature is that nightime will be rainin, cuz thats the only thing i kno where its preety dark, zel, maybe you can just take away the rain sprites? idk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ray.z] View Post
Where did he say that?

And even if he was planning to do this, that means that he'd have to script in a clock as well, since FRLG doesn't have one.
Well, first: It's not possible (to me, at least) to add a real-time clock, so all I have close to that is my "random? timed" script (the one I used for the Pokemon Salon to happen from time to time), but details about how to implement day/night system are not clear to me yet. Anyway, those are things that need to be thinked carefully with a lot of time in hand, a thing that I dont currently have.
The rain is not the only weather where it's Dark, you have a "Dark" weather as well (I used this effect for the Union Cave), that's as close as we can get.
And, as Pikachu Charizard pointed, keep in mind the word: "MIGHT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil View Post
legendaries.....for a long time i study'd them.. there power still is unbelievable, but....doesn't suicine stands in front? doensn't matter but still do'h.
Played the original Gold, and Suicune's where it is in the screenshot.

Well, the other question was already answered. So I dont have anything else to do, apart from posting the usual screenshots!

If all goes as planned expect the Beta2 for next weekend!

Old October 29th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Nature: Adamant
The way to trigger the running legendarys was when you get the national pokedex in fire red,what you could do is look at the script that triggers them to appear and play with a bit so that they are triggered when first meet thier overworld sprites.
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Ronmaster
Beginning Trainer

OHHHHHHHHH KK thanxs. Looks gd! Keep goin
Old October 29th, 2006, 11:35 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Zel ,that was great what you did so far. But if someone does a remake of Pokemon crystal what about Suicune in the Tin Towers.

Last edited by insectduel; October 29th, 2006 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Mispelling
Old October 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
dipset4ever
Pokemon Hacker in the Making

zel, keep up the awesome work and i see you are hispanic aswell... if your having trouble just PM me
Old October 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

With every new post, Zel's showing us something more amazing than the last. Wish I had his talent and determination.

As always I'm impressed with how this is turning out. It looks stunning. Can't wait for the next beta.

Old October 29th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Brittany
Back?

Send a message via ICQ to Brittany Send a message via AIM to Brittany Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brittany Send a message via Yahoo to Brittany
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
If all goes as planned expect the Beta2 for next weekend!
Can't wait!
This is probably the most promising gold remake I've seen at PC. Nice screens, great progress, and steady updates to keep us informed!
Old October 29th, 2006, 07:31 PM
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

Nice screenshots. Is that a Lapras sprite the hero is ridding on? Looks cool, did you make it yourself? Does it only look like that if you're on a Lapras? Or is it how all surfing pokemon look in the game?

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old October 29th, 2006, 08:05 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Thanks for your comments, it's always nice to hear them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena82 View Post
The way to trigger the running legendarys was when you get the national pokedex in fire red,what you could do is look at the script that triggers them to appear and play with a bit so that they are triggered when first meet thier overworld sprites.
OK, will search it. Probably there should be some place where a certain variable used to know which starter you pick is used for a pair of "if" commands. I hope to find it. But... Where did you get the national pokedex? (Don't remember... Was it in an island, or from Oak?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insectduel View Post
Zel ,that was great what you did so far. But if someone does a remake of Pokemon crystal what about Suicune in the Tin Towers.
"If someone does a remake of Pokemon crystal". I'm not doing a remake of Crystal, what does that have to do with Shiny Gold? (You confused me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArcz View Post
Nice screenshots. Is that a Lapras sprite the hero is ridding on? Looks cool, did you make it yourself? Does it only look like that if you're on a Lapras? Or is it how all surfing pokemon look in the game?
Well, I'm riding my Croconaw at the moment. I did the sprite (basically the hero modified so he looks like he's sitting on a Lapras sprite, which is original from FR, just changed colors cause I'm using a different pallete. But you reminded me of one thing... The surfing sprite differs when you're riding a Lapras?)

Now... How many screenshots I have left?...

Well, not that many. But, I guess it's going as I planned (I always take enough screenshots to entertain while I'm finishing to reach my Second Goal). These three will have to do:

I think I already said this, but, I like taking screenshots!

Old October 29th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Pikachu_Charizard
Swellow

What route are the screenshots from?

Credit To Nova
Old October 29th, 2006, 10:02 PM
jess001
Beginning Trainer

the route exactly west from ecuroteak or however it's spelled
Old October 29th, 2006, 10:05 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess001 View Post
the route exactly west from ecuroteak or however it's spelled
o yeh! i remember that last screen! with those trees!! i remember i used to look for marrill at that place!
Old October 29th, 2006, 11:03 PM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
The first one looked like a part of the route below Blackthorn, second one is near the Goldenrod daycare, if you go surfing at the left then down, and the third seems to be the route to Olivine
Great job zel!

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old October 30th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

You get the national pokedex from oak
Old October 30th, 2006, 08:33 AM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
HOLY FLAMING CRAP! This hack is progressing very nicely! I'm amazed at its accuracy so far, and I happily await the next beta. KUTAW, zel!

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old October 30th, 2006, 12:12 PM
MarcioHP
Beginning Trainer

hi, i am new here, i 've downloaded the ips of shinygold that can be found on the first page of this thread...
have an "new version" or upgrade of this ips??

ps: sorry for my english, i have some dificulties, i am brazilian, and i am sooooooooooooooooo curious about the hack roms... =P
Old October 30th, 2006, 01:02 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
No, that is the only one available so far. A new version will be released soon.

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here