The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Zowayix
hi

Advertise here
Nice, you've done the S.S. Aqua. Can't wait for beta 4!
P.S.: My school year ends in just 3 1/2 days, can't wait for that either! XD
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
SDODC13
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

Lookin good Zel. Quick question though. How are you going to work the clefairy scene at mount moon? If I remember correctly from the original it was at night on mondays...Will it just be an everyday thing then or a once and done?

In Development. People Needed.
Old June 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
I joined theses forums specifically for this game. You are a great hacker Zel!
Old June 10th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Voltage45
Beginning Trainer

This is the best pokemon game, seriously. I think you could go a long way.
Old June 10th, 2007, 06:58 AM
shadowboy166
Gues who's internet is working

Hey Zel I love this so much i nominated this as hack of the year!!!!!!! YEH!

I cant believe i made this!!!!

Do not! I REPEAT! DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER!!!!!!

Spoiler:
I said do not read this now that you have finnished reading this you have wasted 10 seconds of your life you shall never EVER get back!

Spoiler:
OLA!!!!!

Hacks i support!
Spoiler:

Old June 10th, 2007, 08:20 PM
birthofdna
Togepi

Hack of the year? Try hack of the decade!:D

Hey Zel, I have a thought:

Mt. Mortar Interior's BGM is that of the Deoxys battle. What would you say to making that Victory Road's BGM while in turn setting Mt. Mortar's to either Deoxys Appears (the music that plays when Deoxys descends onto Birth Island), Mt. Moon Interior, Team Rocket Hideout, or Viridian Forest?

Last edited by birthofdna; June 10th, 2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:52 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
Woot! ss Aqua
will developing will be now faster,now that Kanto is pretty much done? (Maps from FR)
And will the islands be included too?
Not exactly. As, with the tile change I did, most of the maps became quite messy. So a clean-up is needed. By the way, I'm trying to make the Kanto maps look as in Gold, and not as in FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielson777 View Post
yeah...ive encountered a problem..im battling "carlos" and he has a missingno with wonder guard...how do i beat him if i cant touch him!?!?
I've heard about this how many times? Either the rom you applied the patch was already patched with another game before. Or it may be that your rom does not work right. Getting a rom from a different source could be my only suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODC13 View Post
Lookin good Zel. Quick question though. How are you going to work the clefairy scene at mount moon? If I remember correctly from the original it was at night on mondays...Will it just be an everyday thing then or a once and done?
Usually, for events that are clock-related, my first thought is to make them timed-events (like Berries, and all of that). I'm not quite sure, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthofdna View Post
Mt. Mortar Interior's BGM is that of the Deoxys battle. What would you say to making that Victory Road's BGM while in turn setting Mt. Mortar's to either Deoxys Appears (the music that plays when Deoxys descends onto Birth Island), Mt. Moon Interior, Team Rocket Hideout, or Viridian Forest?
I used that for Mt.Mortar because it really turned my spirit for a little cave quest... I guess it could work for the V.Road also. But, in reality, it wouldn't matter much, as there should be some music changing sometime.

Well, I won't post screenshots today (don't want to overdo it, month is long... :D), but I've been busy improving a few things today (like the titlescreen, at least a little)

By the way. Don't forget to check out other games before deciding for the HotY, perhaps you find something that's better in your opinion (forget about popularity, think about technical stuff)

Old June 10th, 2007, 11:06 PM
shadowboy166

Quote:
Hack of the year? Try hack of the decade!:D
Lol you got that right! GO ZEL! Thanks again for the offsets

Edit: Is it just me or deos the HM and TM bag not come in preview of beta 4? just wondering because i can't access the HM/TM slot in the bag

Spoiler:
I said do not read this now that you have finnished reading this you have wasted 10 seconds of your life you shall never EVER get back!

Spoiler:
OLA!!!!!

Hacks i support!
Spoiler:

Old June 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
EkshtrimSama

Nature: Adamant
Maybe you can do the clefairy scene pbtainable ypu beath the league,or something like that
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
Maybe you can do the clefairy scene pbtainable ypu beath the league,or something like that
Guessing you meant...

"Maybe you can make the clefairy scene obtainable after you beat the league, or something like that."? =P

Zel, Bit confused, will we be able to use the female in B4? as the sprite and OW were finished the last time I saw you mention it, then you said we shouldn't a few pages back...

This is the post I'm referring to about them being ready =P

http://pokecommunity.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3154

And holy crap, I just realized, I first posted on page 32, damn, didn't realize I've been watching this so long O.O

Last edited by Myzou; June 11th, 2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:20 AM
birthofdna
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboy166 View Post
Lol you got that right! GO ZEL! Thanks again for the offsets

Edit: Is it just me or deos the HM and TM bag not come in preview of beta 4? just wondering because i can't access the HM/TM slot in the bag
Um, if you remember from Firered and Leafgreen, the TMs and HMs are accessed via the "TM CASE" in the Key Items section of the bag.
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:58 AM
EkshtrimSama

Yeah,thats what I meant,sorry about the typo
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:40 AM
shadowboy166

Quote:
Um, if you remember from Firered and Leafgreen, the TMs and HMs are accessed via the "TM CASE" in the Key Items section of the bag.
Oh yeah thanks :D I forgot because i lost my leaf green and havn't played for ages lol thanks!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
OLA!!!!!

Hacks i support!
Spoiler:

Old June 11th, 2007, 07:44 AM
SilentWing
クロバット

It looks like you've already caught up to where you were before the virus attack...and beyond!

Just curious, is there any testing going on with BGM inserts? I know you said you "have practiced with good midis and the sound in the game sounds quite good." Does that mean you got the game to change its music?! That sounds almost impossible! Do you think any music change will make it into Beta 4?

As always, rooting for you (and all Johto remakes, but yours is surely the farthest and most advanced so far)!

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskura_80211b View Post
It looks like you've already caught up to where you were before the virus attack...and beyond!

Just curious, is there any testing going on with BGM inserts? I know you said you "have practiced with good midis and the sound in the game sounds quite good." Does that mean you got the game to change its music?! That sounds almost impossible! Do you think any music change will make it into Beta 4?

As always, rooting for you (and all Johto remakes, but yours is surely the farthest and most advanced so far)!

Its not.

I have been experimenting with music adding, it is not that hard once you get the hang of it.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Maewa
Hmmm........... Man+Sheep=Jail

My God Zel i have Been Following this hack for ages (not in public buit just reading and looking) and i finnally got an account so i decided to drop a line.

This Hack is probobly the Greatest in the World. Im amazed how you managed to do EVERY SINGLE BIT of the hack by yourself (mostly) Its amazing and that you have got more that 3/4 of the way done in a couple of months with a virus attack not too long ago! I Have been hacking recerntly, im gunna put my hack up soon, but scripting is EXTREMELY HARD and i am a complete failure at the Title Screen Editing

So PM me if you need anything. and also, Keep up the Extremely Amazing Work!!!!

Maewa!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maewa View Post
My God Zel i have Been Following this hack for ages (not in public buit just reading and looking) and i finnally got an account so i decided to drop a line.

This Hack is probobly the Greatest in the World. Im amazed how you managed to do EVERY SINGLE BIT of the hack by yourself (mostly) Its amazing and that you have got more that 3/4 of the way done in a couple of months with a virus attack not too long ago! I Have been hacking recerntly, im gunna put my hack up soon, but scripting is EXTREMELY HARD and i am a complete failure at the Title Screen Editing

So PM me if you need anything. and also, Keep up the Extremely Amazing Work!!!!

Maewa!
Maybe you should have a look at the titlescreen tutorial. i have made a tiltlescreen yesterday and its not as hard as you think. just read it carefully.
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Zowayix
hi

Did zel say that beta 4 will be released june 30?
Where can I download pokescript?
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
Two questions:

Did zel say that beta 4 will be released june 30?
Where can I download pokescript?
He said it would be released at the end of the month.
To pokescript, go to the toolbox.

"Yes sir. They are."

Old June 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
-Sonic~Boom-
☆彡

Nature: Jolly
Hey, in beta 4, will you change the map from Kanto's islands to a new and improved Johto map?
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Kronos1000
Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradrz View Post
Hey, in beta 4, will you change the map from Kanto's islands to a new and improved Johto map?
That would be awesome but I think not, he said that editing the map is really hard.
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
MickyD
Pokemon Master

Zel, you freakin rock! The hack is back up and running, and due to be released by the end of the month! This is truly awesome. Shiny Gold is among one of the most profesionally done hacks I have ever seen, and Zel is an awesome programmer.
Altivant Forever!
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM
pokemona
Beginning Trainer

I really like this hack, i'm just stuck at the Farfetched puzzle in the forest.
Old June 11th, 2007, 02:08 PM
shinylucario
ninja lucario

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shinylucario Send a message via Yahoo to shinylucario
it says unsuported file when I try to open it with the VBA.
Old June 11th, 2007, 02:09 PM
pokemona
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by shinylucario View Post
it says unsuported file when I try to open it with the VBA.
What you trying to open? the .ips file? You need to patch Fire-red first.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here