The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Brittany
Back?

Send a message via ICQ to Brittany Send a message via AIM to Brittany Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brittany Send a message via Yahoo to Brittany

Advertise here
Almost every time I check this thread there's an update!

I read in the first post that Kanto will be included, does that include the Sevii Islands?
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

From what Ive read no. The Sevii Islands are being used to make Johto.

Old October 30th, 2006, 04:21 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico Marini View Post
From what Ive read no. The Sevii Islands are being used to make Johto.
yes he/she is right

zel is using the sevii islands for johto and will not do anything to kanto, since, its already there! but i think zel is jsut going to touch up on some things
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
dipset4ever
Pokemon Hacker in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
yes he/she is right

zel is using the sevii islands for johto and will not do anything to kanto, since, its already there! but i think zel is jsut going to touch up on some things
He is doing things to Kanto... He's going to make new scripts for it and include all the stuff like the giant Snorlax that is level 50 in front of Diglett cave and going to close off the rocket hideouts etc.

I hope he Uses my E4 idea i reccomended in a PM
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:36 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
*Amazed at how people are starting to know what I'd answer*

Basically, martijn is right with the routes question, there's only one beta available at the moment (but Beta2 comes next weekend), and Sevii wont be in the hack (not a big loss... Probably a new land may be, but for now only Johto and Kanto)

Dont know how busy will I be tomorrow, so perhaps I can drop by, or perhaps not. I'll see...

Old October 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Nature: Gentle
It's REALY Coming This Weekend? Please Say Yes, This Is The Best Gold Remake I have Ever Played (Considering The Fact That This Is The Only One That Has Gone Farther Then Violet City).

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
*Amazed at how people are starting to know what I'd answer*
What'd you expect with a thread of 16 pages long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD003
It's REALY Coming This Weekend? Please Say Yes, This Is The Best Gold Remake I have Ever Played (Considering The Fact That This Is The Only One That Has Gone Farther Then Violet City).
If zel says so then yes (and he says so :D).

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old October 31st, 2006, 08:48 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Yes, this weekend (may be Saturday, may be Sunday). Sorry if I dont extend my post, just feeling a bit ill today...

Screenshots:

Old October 31st, 2006, 01:54 PM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Nature: Adamant
Zel,I researched the weather for firered and I came to a conclusion.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8...ndnightzl1.png

I am so stupid I cant even believe it,I was designing overworld sprites only to find they were programed in the game so zel,the overworld sprites of all pokemon are already in the firered rom.

Last edited by Pazuzu; October 31st, 2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:05 PM
fedex_sc_14
FeDeX

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to fedex_sc_14 Send a message via Yahoo to fedex_sc_14
Wow!
Is amazing!You are the best in Remakes!
Well, i wait the beta and Good Luck with the third(?) beta or with you are working.

Sorry for my english!
Im Argentine!
Old October 31st, 2006, 05:52 PM
PoKe_N
Beginning Trainer

Beta?

A B C D E F G H I J K L
Old October 31st, 2006, 06:08 PM
Blackandy
Rock On!

Send a message via AIM to Blackandy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blackandy
You can find the 1st beta in the first post of this thread, 2nd beta is still yet to come out but it will soon and nice new screens zel

Old October 31st, 2006, 06:30 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Just one question... will we be able to continue our save games from the first beta or will we have to start over?
Yeah we'd see all the new stuff you worked on if we start over but I am proud of my current team... has a Flaafy on it. (Although it didn't occur to me to go to the south route to get one so I used a Codebreaker code on the route to the right of Azalea to get a Mareep...)
Old October 31st, 2006, 07:13 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena82 View Post
Zel,I researched the weather for firered and I came to a conclusion.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8...ndnightzl1.png

I am so stupid I cant even believe it,I was designing overworld sprites only to find they were programed in the game so zel,the overworld sprites of all pokemon are already in the firered rom.
What was the conclusion?... (I know I can make a few weather effects, I've played with them in my AdvMap)

Saying "all" is a bit strange... You mean all ALL? (cause I can only see a few, like 20-30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
Just one question... will we be able to continue our save games from the first beta or will we have to start over?
Yeah we'd see all the new stuff you worked on if we start over but I am proud of my current team... has a Flaafy on it. (Although it didn't occur to me to go to the south route to get one so I used a Codebreaker code on the route to the right of Azalea to get a Mareep...)
Let me think...

I guess you can retain your saved file. But the patch must be applied once again to a clean FR rom. Of course, I've said there were a few changes in flags and so, probably you'll find some errors, or events happening once again (I think I did a few changes in the flags in Azalea and Team Rocket's event), other thing are the items, they'll show up all again, since I renumbered all of them (but this time if you take an item, it wont reappear).

So I guess you could use your saved game, but as a suggestion save inside a Pokemon Center, just to be sure. Keep in mind I dont know what could happen...

Old October 31st, 2006, 10:03 PM
ArmchairRomeo
Aura Master

Nature: Relaxed
So uhh... will this be able to battle/trade with the other GBA Pokemon games if put on a flash cart? That's mainly what I'm looking for. Of course, if it isn't possible to make a hack do that, then... oh well. Maybe then a Shiny Gold could trade with another Shiny Gold?

I just wanna own my friends' Pokemon with a Ho-oh that I got through just playing a remake of my favorite Pokemon game ever!

The hack looks AWESOME by the way. Finally I'll be able to play Gold without my data getting erased every two days.
Old October 31st, 2006, 10:53 PM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

It will be possible to trade with other games, though it's not really nessescary 'cause you can catch all Pokemon in this game (I'm now talking about an emulated situation with trading capabilities provided by the VBA mod, VBALink).
However, I don't think you'll be able to load it onto a flash card, since there are limits on how big a rom can be on a GBA, wich don't excist on a PC.

Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:51 PM
sahil
Mewtwo Hunter

your doing great zel, but can you find both the silver and the rainbowwing in the hack? im asking that because the rainbowwing was availble in kanto.

So i'm just an experiment... a copy
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:32 AM
ArmchairRomeo
Aura Master

So even if you buy a 1G flash cart, you wouldn't be able to store it? What about on one of those compactflash things?
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:41 AM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

It's not the size of the card that makes difference, it's the available memory on the handheld that's playing a major role/influence.
However, I'm not 100% sure 'bout the above...

Old November 1st, 2006, 10:37 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Wow, this weekend. Well my computer is temporarly frozen due to installation last monday. I have to raise money in order to get the Expert Computer Technician.

I won't be able to play your hack anymore until I got my computer fixed again.
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:51 AM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Nature: Gentle
IF Your Putting In Kanto, I Got A Couple Questions

1. How Will You Do The Viridian Trainers School?
2. What Will You Do With The Extra Maps You Have Leftover When The Hack Is Complete?

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD003 View Post
Don't you mean Pokemon battling where you fight against a clone. Because I was wondering about that too. Unless you're relying on something else.

Here's one from me.

If you're using Firered version of the game, how is it possible to do the scripts of the mystery events from R/S/E? That would be cool to do that in the Firered version in the Kanto Region.
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:07 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Quote:
Originally Posted by insectduel View Post
Don't you mean Pokemon battling where you fight against a clone. Because I was wondering about that too. Unless you're relying on something else.

Here's one from me.

If you're using Firered version of the game, how is it possible to do the scripts of the mystery events from R/S/E? That would be cool to do that in the Firered version in the Kanto Region.
Actually, FR/LG do have the Mystery Event, accessible on Seven Island.

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:08 PM
ArmchairRomeo
Aura Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by martijn View Post
It's not the size of the card that makes difference, it's the available memory on the handheld that's playing a major role/influence.
However, I'm not 100% sure 'bout the above...
So if I put it on a flash cart and used that in my DS, would it work? Or is the GBA slot just using GBA hardware crammed in there?
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Well, I dont have many screenshots left (I'll probably post the rest tomorrow. Beta comes this Sunday, so stay tuned!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairRomeo View Post
So uhh... will this be able to battle/trade with the other GBA Pokemon games if put on a flash cart? That's mainly what I'm looking for. Of course, if it isn't possible to make a hack do that, then... oh well. Maybe then a Shiny Gold could trade with another Shiny Gold?

I just wanna own my friends' Pokemon with a Ho-oh that I got through just playing a remake of my favorite Pokemon game ever!

The hack looks AWESOME by the way. Finally I'll be able to play Gold without my data getting erased every two days.
Dont know about flashcarts, but most likely it'll work well against other Shiny Golds, and relatively well against other games (I'm not too sure if you'll be able to trade a poke from R/S/E just by having the NationalDex in Shiny Gold, probably there's some other flag to be activated, and so, you wont be able to trade 'em, just speculations).
However, be careful you two (you and martijn), since, to my eyes, you were getting a bit off-topic. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil View Post
your doing great zel, but can you find both the silver and the rainbowwing in the hack? im asking that because the rainbowwing was availble in kanto.
Yes, both of them will be (there's no more need for the Islands that had them in FR, so I'm editing them for other maps)

Quote:
Wow, this weekend. Well my computer is temporarly frozen due to installation last monday. I have to raise money in order to get the Expert Computer Technician.

I won't be able to play your hack anymore until I got my computer fixed again.
Talk about bad luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD003 View Post
IF Your Putting In Kanto, I Got A Couple Questions

2. What Will You Do With The Extra Maps You Have Leftover When The Hack Is Complete?
And I have a couple of answers.
1.Viridian Trainer School, wasnt it removed in Gold? (or well, moved to Violet), if not, then I dont remember anything in particular there. Perhaps the answer to the next post will fit better for you.
2.Dont know, but... "When the hack is Complete"... seems like a bit far away...

Quote:

Here's one from me.

Perhaps it was this battling building (dont remember how it was called exactly). That's too easy to script. But, it's in Kanto, not only that is close to Pallet, that means, it's almost at the end of the game. You're going a lot far away than me, and I'm getting alone here...
Anyway, about the mystery events, probably I'm getting confused with the Mystery Gift, what were those events you talk about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lucario View Post
Actually, FR/LG do have the Mystery Event, accessible on Seven Island.
Once again, Mystery Event, I'll warp myself to Seven Island, just to investigate...

OH yeah! That reminds me of a question about FR, have you ever battled a trainer inside a house with a door locked by boxes in one of the Islands? (well, later removed, so you can battle). Cause, when I was playing with warps, I warped inside that locked room, only to find there was a Level (automatic) script which inmediately started a battle against a trainer... Rarely, this trainer was the Aqua Admin, and he had a Level 0 ? Pokemon. But that's not all, it was shiny!!!. Pretty funny, and interesting to see if it could be edited (somehow), perhaps this could open the path for a shiny wild battle! (unless the path was already open, I'll ask when the time comes...)

That's all folks! See ya later, gotta sleep, quite tired (havent slept for almost two days )

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here