The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Dialga_753
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I finally found out why my game wouldn't save. There was a problem with my VBA 1.8.0. So I deleted everything(emulator, game, sav file etc...) then I put it back on again and now ot works fine. BTW Zel, what do you mean by The battles against Silver will work like how they are working now. With that little "presentation", this is just because this allows me to use a different battle BGM (and in the end, this BGM will be changed for its classic battle BGM)?
Old July 14th, 2007, 02:01 PM
NidoodiN
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I found a broken ladder in the Whirl Islands: when I walk on top of it, nothing happens, so I effectively get stuck in the area.
Attached Images
File Type: png Brokenstairway.png‎ (9.3 KB, 91 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
nrox653
What should I put here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draik View Post
I don't think so. The game is a ROM, and won't be able to recognize the Link Cable, no interal battery and crap. That's why the DS can't support multiplayer GBA. It's an emulator .-.
Actually, that's totally wrong. First of all, ALL video games are ROMs stored inside a special flash cart or whatever. Some 3rd-party flash cards may not recognize the link cable, but others can. What does the internal battery have to do with this anyway? It's not like FireRed has an internal battery. Oh, and if you disassemble the DS and add a device to it, theoretically GBA multiplayer can be done. It's not an emulator inside the DS, it's a separate CPU already installed ' So yeah, some flash cards may be able to link up to other GBAs.

W00t! I'm back!
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Yahoo to PokeFanatic12698
since i got no ds, i aint worrying about that. im off to trade some pokemon from leaf green to pokemon shiny gold.
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:09 PM
isaac2112
Beginning Trainer

I am having a hard tim figuring out how to save on this game. I am new to this so i don;t get it. Whenever I try to ssave it says please exchange your backup memory. I believe that I have everything in the right settings (flash 128 k), but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Saurav
~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac2112 View Post
I am having a hard tim figuring out how to save on this game. I am new to this so i don;t get it. Whenever I try to ssave it says please exchange your backup memory. I believe that I have everything in the right settings (flash 128 k), but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

If you are using VisualBoyAdvance press "Ctrl & S" at the same time to save and to load the game just press "Ctrl & L" plus you can save the game anytime anywhere.
Runescape Forum, Cheats and Hacks || G4HQ Forums || Anime Forum, Talk and Community || MMORPG Forum and Games || Xbox Forum Cheats and Live || Naruto Forum Community and Manga || Bleach Community and Manga Forum
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:04 PM
jk3000bot
Beginning Trainer

It Freezes When I throw a pokeball..
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:09 PM
ComradeLimonka
Beginning Trainer

thanks alot for that bit of info. Do you guys have any recomendation for a flash card brand or type? Ive been looking at the EZ flash ones.

Thanks.
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshey View Post
Hey Zel, fantastic work so far. Im just wondering, when you first start off when you enter the 2nd town, the old man who gives you the town map looks like he descends from the sky, is this ment to be like that?
It is meant like that because the sprite is too close to the maps borders, so when you connect maps, you get that result. I'm not fixing that because that sprite has a script and movements assigned to that position, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by archezus View Post
edited: btw.. i've looking the walkthrough for the unfinished beta version (until the powerplant i think..) can anyone tell me where i can find it?
I posted dirk's walkthrough right above the Betas at my first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
An idea about the red Gyarados thing: can you set a flag if you are defeated by it? Because you could made a battle start after you go out of the PC (ex: a trainer wants to show you his shiny poke) and after the battle you take out the shiny flag (and the you-lost-to-the-gyarados flag for if someone loses again... maybe some of those people who try to beat the game with just a poke XD)
Well, I was thinking kinda the same thing, it's not actually necessary another battle, but, yes, I'd need to set a flag before Gyarados' battle, and clear it after the battle. If you lose, flag still is set, and that tells me when you are walking out of the PC that I should call the asm command again.
Still, remember that I'm tired of fixing, so no more fixing till the next one. I wanna keep up with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga_753 View Post
I finally found out why my game wouldn't save. There was a problem with my VBA 1.8.0. So I deleted everything(emulator, game, sav file etc...) then I put it back on again and now ot works fine. BTW Zel, what do you mean by The battles against Silver will work like how they are working now. With that little "presentation", this is just because this allows me to use a different battle BGM (and in the end, this BGM will be changed for its classic battle BGM)?
A problem with your VBA? Hmmm... Interesting, perhaps this could help more people?

Anyway, I just meant that. The pre-battle introduction will happen at all your Rival encounters, which leads to a battle with a different BGM (which I'm planning to replace)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NidoodiN View Post
I found a broken ladder in the Whirl Islands: when I walk on top of it, nothing happens, so I effectively get stuck in the area.
That's true. Sorry for traping you. *Updates Bug List*

Quote:

Any suggestions?
The right way to do things is: delete any .sav or .sa1 files, then make sure the Flash 128k option is enabled. And then, load the rom, if you keep having troubles perhaps is a problem of the VBA emulator, as one of the earlier posts commented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3000bot View Post
It Freezes When I throw a pokeball..
A patching problem, or a rom problem. You will have to try again.

Old July 14th, 2007, 06:52 PM
rithwik
Modern story maker

Send a message via Yahoo to rithwik
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
Pirates.....they will sell you an incomplete copy....damn cheats.
pirates are theifs.
well i wasnt sure of the word "pirate", thank u for clearing my doubt hammerhead(actually i didnt ask any 1). -- pirates

aargg!
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:57 PM
isaac2112
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
If you are using VisualBoyAdvance press "Ctrl & S" at the same time to save and to load the game just press "Ctrl & L" plus you can save the game anytime anywhere.

Well, I usually do do that, but right now I am at the Elite 4 and after I beat everthing it is supposed to save and then I should be back at New Bark. But since its not able to save, I just go back to where I previously saved before. So, I don't know what to do.
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:06 PM
rithwik
Modern story maker

Quote:
Well, I usually do do that, but right now I am at the Elite 4 and after I beat everthing it is supposed to save and then I should be back at New Bark. But since its not able to save, I just go back to where I previously saved before. So, I don't know what to do.
Well u probaply have to restart the game and try to proceed in the game untill it saves, its just my suggestion. So plz dont get mad at me if it doesnt help u.
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:24 PM
isaac2112
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rithwik View Post
Well u probaply have to restart the game and try to proceed in the game untill it saves, its just my suggestion. So plz dont get mad at me if it doesnt help u.
Ok, well, if thats what I have to do then so be it. But, what is normally supposed to happen after yo beat the elite 4?
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM
rithwik
Modern story maker

Quote:
Ok, well, if thats what I have to do then so be it. But, what is normally supposed to happen after yo beat the elite 4?
U end up at ur house after defeating the league, then after exiting ur house u get a call fro profeesor elm.
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:27 PM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Just want to comment about that bug pokemon there... namely ARD...
He keeps on crying about that cheating stuff, always thinking that his bug Pokemon are the best, undefeatable, invincible...
Do I cheat if I have Cyndaquil, Graveler, and Pidgeotto in my team?
Nice character, anyway. I've never seen a Pokemon game character that cries much as ARD do.

To Zel: I hope you can go further with that Title Screen. It's good but can be better.
Optional(question?): Would you consider Solar Gold and/or Lunar Silver as the hack's title? Both colors have its relation to the celestial bodies, IMHO.

To anyone out there: Is Liquid Crystal a good name for a Crystal remake hack? I thought of it because Suicune is a Water-type.
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM
CarolinaSquirtle
Go Tarheels!

I dont know if this glitch has been found already and i'm sorry if it has, but here it is...When i went to beat the Elite 4 and got up to Lorlei(sp?) and stood right in front of her. Then I opened the menu and checked my pokemon then exited the menu. As soon as I exited the sub-pokemon menu my overworld sprite took like 4 steps forward(straight through Lorlei) and I ended up outside of her room and could not get back in. It was wierd. At least I had saved right b4 goin up against the elite 4.
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:03 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLeeChan View Post
hey

when i fight with someone it says ''pokemon 12trainer/1

i think that's a bug
Did you read the first page?
Zel already knows about it since Beta 1. He will change the names
in the Final Version (i think)

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:30 AM
bxela1
Jirachi's number 1 fan

Nice BETA

I've just started and it's good so far.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
Old July 15th, 2007, 02:20 AM
TomLeeChan
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to TomLeeChan
in cianwood there is no suicune right?

and town map is weird. does everybody has it like that

Last edited by TomLeeChan; July 15th, 2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Dialga_753
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
hey

when i fight with someone it says ''pokemon 12trainer/1

i think that's a bug
No that is not a bug. Zel just needed something to remember where he was.
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Prof. 9

I found a small glitch.

The new beta is awesome! I love all the new events, especially the J&J event at the S.S.Aqua
Keep it up!

EDIT: Wtf... I could catch Celebi before actually giving the GS-Ball to Kurt!

Last edited by Prof. 9; July 15th, 2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:09 AM
NidoodiN
Beginning Trainer

While surfing on the water in the Mt. Mortar area that's only accessible using Waterfall, I ran into Missingno.
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:11 AM
*Jarzka*
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
and town map is weird. does everybody has it like that
i have weird map too, but i believe that zel fix it for some beta.

btw, thx zel for fixing that HM bug, now i have that HM and i can play the game

i have pokemon gold on my gameboy but this is maybe even better than the original gold :D
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:52 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver wind View Post
I can't save in shiny gold x.
(there are no save files in the folder). I tried everything, including copying the beta 3's save file to the folder.. nothing works.
zel, can you please fix that?
Have a clean rom when patching beta 4.
Make sure the save setting is set to flash 128.
remove old .sav or .sa1 files.
Start the game from the beginning (don't use a old savestat)

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old July 15th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Zowayix
hi

I'm using beta 4 bugfix (the latest version). I am not using SGX.
I beat Bugsy, solved the Farfetch'd puzzle, and exited Ilex Forest through the exit to Goldenrod. I went into a hallway-building type thing. When I exited the hallway building through the top exit (that would lead me to Goldenrod), the screen turned black and I couldn't do anything. The music was still playing though.

I'm absolutely sure that I patched over a clean rom, because I used a copy of the same FireRed ROM for beta 3.5 (which worked perfectly).

Does anyone know what might have caused this?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here