The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #5001    
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
SerenadeDS's Avatar
SerenadeDS
Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Great Job Zel!! Love Beta4!

My Shiny Gold Beta 3 File got deeleted some how..But I said..

NO WORRIES! I can play Shiny gold V4 from the begging!

Great Zel! Thanks for takeing time to make a great game!

Even with a G/S Remake on DS, yours came first!!
  #5002    
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:27 PM
zephern's Avatar
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Satan City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hey zel, when I load the new fixed version, a black screen, then a gold screen, then a black screen again pop-up instead of loading the rom. Any help?
__________________


"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
  #5003    
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
shaqattacks's Avatar
shaqattacks
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ajax, ontario
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I just finished beating pokemon shiny gold, nice game zel, i support you all the way!
  #5004    
Old July 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Kaitsu-Gohan's Avatar
Kaitsu-Gohan
­
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
Nature: Calm
I skimmed through some bugs, so I'm not sure if this is stated.
Once you've obtained surf, and then go back to "New Bark Town", go surf on the water, then move forward to see that you went into another route or region. Now go back to "New Bark Town". If you did this correctly, it should say "Pallet Town". Then use fly, the map was turned into the "KANTO REGION" and there should be 2 spots, "New Bark Town", and "Route (I forgot)". Fly to the Route and you end up in "Black Thorn City."

But I guess it's just another map glitch.


Also, North of "Cherry Grove City", the other house south of Mr. Pokemon's house. You can use your bike in there .

And further more, Gyms and Badges are like screwed up X_X.
It says I have obtained the 8th badge already, and the 7th badge as Blackthorn City(Which I'm missing since I didn't fight Claire yet)

And I believe Jasmine's Pokemon are stronger than Pryce's O_O

Anyways, good luck Zel
I'm looking forward to the next Update. This is my favorite hack
__________________
  #5005    
Old July 15th, 2007, 07:25 PM
YellowPen's Avatar
YellowPen
:)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land down under
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Hey zel is the famechecker going to be in it, but like with gold people

also i was wondering, will declarations be in it, cause that was one of my favourtie things about gold
__________________

  #5006    
Old July 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM
XxOblivion77's Avatar
XxOblivion77
All-Around Gamer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxOblivion77
Hey Zel, while screwing around with beta 3.5, I found something very interesting.


I ended up accidently loaded up my fire red save for shiny gold and to my surprise, I was infront of my rival (who had the same look like your banner).

Pretty sweet lol, but I'm just curious, if I were to use a walk trhough walls code in kanto, what would happen?
  #5007    
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Kit-Tsukasa's Avatar
Kit-Tsukasa
Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I've downloaded the most recent patch, but I've already beaten Misty at Cerulean City, but don't yet have the machine part. How do I re-trigger this event? I went back to the Power Plant, but nothing happens and I've looked in the water in the gym, but found nothing. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem? I really hope I don't have to start all the way back at the Elite Four They were a bit hard for my Pokemon since my entire party was only level 41.
  #5008    
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Went's Avatar
Went
The Seed Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Madrid
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Went
The problem is, if you already did the Amelia event in the Power Plant in the bugged beta, you will have to retake the game from an older save, because the Machine Part won't appear unless you do the Amelia event in the bugfix version.
__________________
Mario | A mí nadie me dijo de vos
  #5009    
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Har D Har's Avatar
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Village Hidden in the Leaves
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
My remidy was a buy anything code. To buy it, use the code for buying the Secret Key.
__________________
Quote
Ben: Oh, you guys. Stop calling them. You can call me all you want.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
  #5010    
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Ripper's Avatar
Ripper
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Zealand
Gender:
Nature: Mild
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitsu-Gohan View Post
And I believe Jasmine's Pokemon are stronger than Pryce's O_O
That's the same as in Gold Version.
__________________
Credit to Dukey for this awesome signature!
  #5011    
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Can0fMean
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Right Behind You.
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
Hey Zel, There is just a small problem at the begianing.
At the begianing of the game when your mom gives you the pokégear( VS Seeker).
Its seems to loop.When you leave the house and go back in and walk back to the stairs the event repeats. I guess it only repeats once becuze i walk in to see if it would do it again but it didn't. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I was playing
ShinyGold X version 4. Oh great job. I cann't wait for it to be finished. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.
Yep, he is right. In any time you go near the stairs, she will act like you first started the game.
__________________
Moderator note: Please refrain from blowing up user's connections by adding tons of animations to your signature.
  #5012    
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM
needhexcodehacs's Avatar
needhexcodehacs
about to beat shiny gold
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
hey this is an awsome game even tho im not far it is really good
(whew i just got larvitar)

Last edited by needhexcodehacs; July 16th, 2007 at 01:47 AM.
  #5013    
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:34 AM
clonex25's Avatar
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 29
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Read this, guys. I tried to import a battery file from FireRed to ShinyGold(b4). My save was in Vermilion City. I used Fly to Pewter City, and lo! The view was glitchy! You can still go through it, somehow.

Zel, do you think there are different OWs that is used for the day and time-based events? I just observed that while playing the GBC version with RTC down, opening the Pokegear and switching between features. Days change like this: Monday->Friday, Wednesday->Sunday, Tuesday->Thursday->Saturday. Those have their unique event of the day (M-W: S.S. Aqua at Olivine Port, W-Su: S.S. Aqua at Vermilion Port, Tu-Th-Sa: Bug-Catching Contest). I came to think that's the reason why GSC and RSE have larger megs, would you agree?
  #5014    
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:48 AM
clonex25's Avatar
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 29
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Zel, hope you can do something with the Johto map. I think I saw a map making tool in this forum, or in the Web. Maybe it can help you.

And how can I PM you? I just want to help about the music (if you don't have someone to do it...). I already have the GSC MIDI sounds but I think I have to email Johnnyz (the one who sequenced the MIDI) for permission to use them.
  #5015    
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Arashi
Psyduck
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 49
Uhm... I'm playing ShinyGold X as a girl... But... Are we supposed to get Celebi after we beat Bugsy?



If not, then what is she doing there? T___T
And Kurt even gave me back the GS-BALL I hadn't given him! O_o?
Did I do something wrong?

Anyway, it's very very good so far. Love the tiles, the palettes, everything! And now that I've got the Celebi on my team, it's gonna be more fun!



Keep up the great work Zel!

Last edited by Arashi; July 16th, 2007 at 02:18 AM.
  #5016    
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:57 AM
clonex25's Avatar
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 29
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Zel, one more thing, I expected the gates entering and exiting the National Park are the ones that cannot be entered with bikes. Almost all gates cannot be entered by bikes. And, not all headbutt trees are HEADBUTT-able. Is it for added fun?
  #5017    
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:25 AM
pawitp
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Another thing, when you fly to New Bark Town, the description said "Pallet Town" in addition to coming back from route 27,
And if I fly to Pallet Town from New Bark Town, I get to New Bark Town
  #5018    
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Axenild's Avatar
Axenild
Cloaked Schemer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Theres alot of bugs to work out....but still the hack is doing great, I hope beta 5 comes out soon!
__________________

  #5019    
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Amarillo Del Bosque Verde's Avatar
Amarillo Del Bosque Verde
The not so gentle giant.......
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Johto
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Amarillo Del Bosque Verde
Nice work Zel!

Hope you finish this, it's turning out to be a really great game, i reckon it's even better then the original!
  #5020    
Old July 16th, 2007, 07:26 AM
frankanator_the_tankanator
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
guys i hv a prob. i cant get in the light house. this was in the FAQ but then it said something about a "walk through wall" cheat

help?
  #5021    
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:00 AM
asthegreat's Avatar
asthegreat
:)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 19
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
hi
after i deafeated bugsy and my rival i went to the flower or what doc you call it and i found a wht apicorn i went to kurt but he was doing some work when can i give him the apricorn
  #5022    
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Midnight Beat's Avatar
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankanator_the_tankanator View Post
guys i hv a prob. i cant get in the light house. this was in the FAQ but then it said something about a "walk through wall" cheat

help?
Wow, you are playing a really old version, download the new one from the first page.
__________________

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
  #5023    
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:43 AM
frankanator_the_tankanator
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach805 View Post
Wow, you are playing a really old version, download the new one from the first page.
yeah the thing is i cant get it to work. i saw this thing on utube showing the tutorial on how to istall it but i cant get the IPS i think its called, the site on the thing isnt rite. u no anythin bout that?
  #5024    
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:46 AM
zel 2.0's Avatar
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Argentina
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
Hey Zel, There is just a small problem at the begianing.
At the begianing of the game when your mom gives you the pokégear( VS Seeker).
Its seems to loop.When you leave the house and go back in and walk back to the stairs the event repeats. I guess it only repeats once becuze i walk in to see if it would do it again but it didn't. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I was playing
ShinyGold X version 4. Oh great job. I cann't wait for it to be finished. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.
Yep, I checked it and it happened to me as well (but just once, I tried to see if it happened more than once, but nope) I'll try to remember checking on the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephern View Post
Hey zel, when I load the new fixed version, a black screen, then a gold screen, then a black screen again pop-up instead of loading the rom. Any help?
Patching or rom problem, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitsu-Gohan View Post
And I believe Jasmine's Pokemon are stronger than Pryce's O_O
Well, the rest of the post is currently known glitches. And, if you play the X version then that is quite different

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboy View Post
Hey zel is the famechecker going to be in it, but like with gold people

also i was wondering, will declarations be in it, cause that was one of my favourtie things about gold
If I start using the Famechecker, I'm sure it would have a lot of problems, with all the OW changes and stuff like that. I want to avoid problems, so, for now, I'd say "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
if I were to use a walk trhough walls code in kanto, what would happen?
You'd probably end up with weird events not occuring, or sprites with no scripts assigned to them freezing your game, that kind of bad stuff (so, avoid cheats, but nobody listens my warnings... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har D Har View Post
My remidy was a buy anything code. To buy it, use the code for buying the Secret Key.
Haha, good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonex25 View Post
Zel, do you think there are different OWs that is used for the day and time-based events? I just observed that while playing the GBC version with RTC down, opening the Pokegear and switching between features. Days change like this: Monday->Friday, Wednesday->Sunday, Tuesday->Thursday->Saturday. Those have their unique event of the day (M-W: S.S. Aqua at Olivine Port, W-Su: S.S. Aqua at Vermilion Port, Tu-Th-Sa: Bug-Catching Contest). I came to think that's the reason why GSC and RSE have larger megs, would you agree?
Hmmm... I wouldn't know, I'm not that experienced at GS hacking, anyway. So, CBMan or Blazichu could have a better opinion than me. But obviously, the clock's using must take a good ammount of extra rom space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonex25 View Post
Zel, hope you can do something with the Johto map. I think I saw a map making tool in this forum, or in the Web. Maybe it can help you.

And how can I PM you? I just want to help about the music (if you don't have someone to do it...). I already have the GSC MIDI sounds but I think I have to email Johnnyz (the one who sequenced the MIDI) for permission to use them.
Are you refering about Cyclone? I tried that previously and failed at it. About the midi thing, I have birthofdna and Magnius helping me, but it's not bad having more people helping :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen-san View Post
Uhm... I'm playing ShinyGold X as a girl... But... Are we supposed to get Celebi after we beat Bugsy?
That may happen because of three possibilities:

1-You are playing an older Beta save, and came to Azalea from Ilex's Forest
2-You are not playing an older Beta save, but you used a walkthrough cheat and avoided stepping on the needed tile in order to disappear Kurt from Azalea's outside
3-If none of the other two, it may be a glitch, but it never happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonex25 View Post
Zel, one more thing, I expected the gates entering and exiting the National Park are the ones that cannot be entered with bikes. Almost all gates cannot be entered by bikes. And, not all headbutt trees are HEADBUTT-able. Is it for added fun?
I didn't understand the gate thing... You want to enter the buildings that connect maps, and you cannot while riding a bike? (something like that?)
And the Headbutteable trees are like that because I don't want to overdo the ammount of Script Events needed for making all of them headbutteable (it'd take a lot of space), but yeah, could be also considered as an added challenge XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthegreat View Post
hi
after i deafeated bugsy and my rival i went to the flower or what doc you call it and i found a wht apicorn i went to kurt but he was doing some work when can i give him the apricorn
Because the berry picking and the Kurt making are "chained" to the same "timed events". So, basically, it means you need to wander around for a while, and then he'd be able to take your Apricorn.
__________________


  #5025    
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Xeetro
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
yea i cant wait for the next release :D gonna catch myself a nice chansey and a snorlax btw: im really really sry if this got already mentioned (im a newbie and here are a hell lot of posts every day lol) but victory road (to elite 4) is kinda screwed up if u go there a 2nd time... well im pretty sure someone noticed that yet, though, i just want to hav mentioned it ;D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.