The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Great Job Zel!! Love Beta4!

My Shiny Gold Beta 3 File got deeleted some how..But I said..

NO WORRIES! I can play Shiny gold V4 from the begging!

Great Zel! Thanks for takeing time to make a great game!

Even with a G/S Remake on DS, yours came first!!
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:27 PM
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking

Nature: Relaxed
Hey zel, when I load the new fixed version, a black screen, then a gold screen, then a black screen again pop-up instead of loading the rom. Any help?

"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
shaqattacks
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I just finished beating pokemon shiny gold, nice game zel, i support you all the way!
Old July 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Kaitsu-Gohan
­

Nature: Calm
I skimmed through some bugs, so I'm not sure if this is stated.
Once you've obtained surf, and then go back to "New Bark Town", go surf on the water, then move forward to see that you went into another route or region. Now go back to "New Bark Town". If you did this correctly, it should say "Pallet Town". Then use fly, the map was turned into the "KANTO REGION" and there should be 2 spots, "New Bark Town", and "Route (I forgot)". Fly to the Route and you end up in "Black Thorn City."

But I guess it's just another map glitch.

Also, North of "Cherry Grove City", the other house south of Mr. Pokemon's house. You can use your bike in there .

And further more, Gyms and Badges are like screwed up X_X.
It says I have obtained the 8th badge already, and the 7th badge as Blackthorn City(Which I'm missing since I didn't fight Claire yet)

And I believe Jasmine's Pokemon are stronger than Pryce's O_O

Anyways, good luck Zel
I'm looking forward to the next Update. This is my favorite hack
Old July 15th, 2007, 07:25 PM
YellowPen
:)

Hey zel is the famechecker going to be in it, but like with gold people

also i was wondering, will declarations be in it, cause that was one of my favourtie things about gold

Old July 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM
XxOblivion77
All-Around Gamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxOblivion77
Hey Zel, while screwing around with beta 3.5, I found something very interesting.

I ended up accidently loaded up my fire red save for shiny gold and to my surprise, I was infront of my rival (who had the same look like your banner).

Pretty sweet lol, but I'm just curious, if I were to use a walk trhough walls code in kanto, what would happen?
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Kit-Tsukasa
Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover

I've downloaded the most recent patch, but I've already beaten Misty at Cerulean City, but don't yet have the machine part. How do I re-trigger this event? I went back to the Power Plant, but nothing happens and I've looked in the water in the gym, but found nothing. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem? I really hope I don't have to start all the way back at the Elite Four They were a bit hard for my Pokemon since my entire party was only level 41.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
The problem is, if you already did the Amelia event in the Power Plant in the bugged beta, you will have to retake the game from an older save, because the Machine Part won't appear unless you do the Amelia event in the bugfix version.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
My remidy was a buy anything code. To buy it, use the code for buying the Secret Key.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitsu-Gohan View Post
That's the same as in Gold Version.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Can0fMean
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
Hey Zel, There is just a small problem at the begianing.
At the begianing of the game when your mom gives you the pokégear( VS Seeker).
Its seems to loop.When you leave the house and go back in and walk back to the stairs the event repeats. I guess it only repeats once becuze i walk in to see if it would do it again but it didn't. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I was playing
ShinyGold X version 4. Oh great job. I cann't wait for it to be finished. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.
Yep, he is right. In any time you go near the stairs, she will act like you first started the game.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM
needhexcodehacs
about to beat shiny gold

hey this is an awsome game even tho im not far it is really good
(whew i just got larvitar)

Last edited by needhexcodehacs; July 16th, 2007 at 01:47 AM.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:34 AM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Read this, guys. I tried to import a battery file from FireRed to ShinyGold(b4). My save was in Vermilion City. I used Fly to Pewter City, and lo! The view was glitchy! You can still go through it, somehow.

Zel, do you think there are different OWs that is used for the day and time-based events? I just observed that while playing the GBC version with RTC down, opening the Pokegear and switching between features. Days change like this: Monday->Friday, Wednesday->Sunday, Tuesday->Thursday->Saturday. Those have their unique event of the day (M-W: S.S. Aqua at Olivine Port, W-Su: S.S. Aqua at Vermilion Port, Tu-Th-Sa: Bug-Catching Contest). I came to think that's the reason why GSC and RSE have larger megs, would you agree?
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:48 AM
clonex25

Zel, hope you can do something with the Johto map. I think I saw a map making tool in this forum, or in the Web. Maybe it can help you.

And how can I PM you? I just want to help about the music (if you don't have someone to do it...). I already have the GSC MIDI sounds but I think I have to email Johnnyz (the one who sequenced the MIDI) for permission to use them.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Arashi
Psyduck

Uhm... I'm playing ShinyGold X as a girl... But... Are we supposed to get Celebi after we beat Bugsy?

If not, then what is she doing there? T___T
And Kurt even gave me back the GS-BALL I hadn't given him! O_o?
Did I do something wrong?

Anyway, it's very very good so far. Love the tiles, the palettes, everything! And now that I've got the Celebi on my team, it's gonna be more fun!

Keep up the great work Zel!

Last edited by Arashi; July 16th, 2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:57 AM
clonex25

Zel, one more thing, I expected the gates entering and exiting the National Park are the ones that cannot be entered with bikes. Almost all gates cannot be entered by bikes. And, not all headbutt trees are HEADBUTT-able. Is it for added fun?
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:25 AM
pawitp
Beginning Trainer

Another thing, when you fly to New Bark Town, the description said "Pallet Town" in addition to coming back from route 27,
And if I fly to Pallet Town from New Bark Town, I get to New Bark Town
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Axenild
Cloaked Schemer

Theres alot of bugs to work out....but still the hack is doing great, I hope beta 5 comes out soon!

Old July 16th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Amarillo Del Bosque Verde
The not so gentle giant.......

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Amarillo Del Bosque Verde
Nice work Zel!

Hope you finish this, it's turning out to be a really great game, i reckon it's even better then the original!
Old July 16th, 2007, 07:26 AM
frankanator_the_tankanator
Beginning Trainer

guys i hv a prob. i cant get in the light house. this was in the FAQ but then it said something about a "walk through wall" cheat

help?
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:00 AM
asthegreat
:)

hi
after i deafeated bugsy and my rival i went to the flower or what doc you call it and i found a wht apicorn i went to kurt but he was doing some work when can i give him the apricorn
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankanator_the_tankanator View Post
guys i hv a prob. i cant get in the light house. this was in the FAQ but then it said something about a "walk through wall" cheat

help?
Wow, you are playing a really old version, download the new one from the first page.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:43 AM
frankanator_the_tankanator
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach805 View Post
Wow, you are playing a really old version, download the new one from the first page.
yeah the thing is i cant get it to work. i saw this thing on utube showing the tutorial on how to istall it but i cant get the IPS i think its called, the site on the thing isnt rite. u no anythin bout that?
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:46 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
Hey Zel, There is just a small problem at the begianing.
At the begianing of the game when your mom gives you the pokégear( VS Seeker).
Its seems to loop.When you leave the house and go back in and walk back to the stairs the event repeats. I guess it only repeats once becuze i walk in to see if it would do it again but it didn't. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I was playing
ShinyGold X version 4. Oh great job. I cann't wait for it to be finished. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.
Yep, I checked it and it happened to me as well (but just once, I tried to see if it happened more than once, but nope) I'll try to remember checking on the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephern View Post
Hey zel, when I load the new fixed version, a black screen, then a gold screen, then a black screen again pop-up instead of loading the rom. Any help?
Patching or rom problem, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitsu-Gohan View Post
Well, the rest of the post is currently known glitches. And, if you play the X version then that is quite different

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboy View Post
Hey zel is the famechecker going to be in it, but like with gold people

also i was wondering, will declarations be in it, cause that was one of my favourtie things about gold
If I start using the Famechecker, I'm sure it would have a lot of problems, with all the OW changes and stuff like that. I want to avoid problems, so, for now, I'd say "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
if I were to use a walk trhough walls code in kanto, what would happen?
You'd probably end up with weird events not occuring, or sprites with no scripts assigned to them freezing your game, that kind of bad stuff (so, avoid cheats, but nobody listens my warnings... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har D Har View Post
My remidy was a buy anything code. To buy it, use the code for buying the Secret Key.
Haha, good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonex25 View Post
Zel, do you think there are different OWs that is used for the day and time-based events? I just observed that while playing the GBC version with RTC down, opening the Pokegear and switching between features. Days change like this: Monday->Friday, Wednesday->Sunday, Tuesday->Thursday->Saturday. Those have their unique event of the day (M-W: S.S. Aqua at Olivine Port, W-Su: S.S. Aqua at Vermilion Port, Tu-Th-Sa: Bug-Catching Contest). I came to think that's the reason why GSC and RSE have larger megs, would you agree?
Hmmm... I wouldn't know, I'm not that experienced at GS hacking, anyway. So, CBMan or Blazichu could have a better opinion than me. But obviously, the clock's using must take a good ammount of extra rom space.

Quote:
Zel, hope you can do something with the Johto map. I think I saw a map making tool in this forum, or in the Web. Maybe it can help you.

And how can I PM you? I just want to help about the music (if you don't have someone to do it...). I already have the GSC MIDI sounds but I think I have to email Johnnyz (the one who sequenced the MIDI) for permission to use them.
Are you refering about Cyclone? I tried that previously and failed at it. About the midi thing, I have birthofdna and Magnius helping me, but it's not bad having more people helping :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen-san View Post
Uhm... I'm playing ShinyGold X as a girl... But... Are we supposed to get Celebi after we beat Bugsy?
That may happen because of three possibilities:

1-You are playing an older Beta save, and came to Azalea from Ilex's Forest
2-You are not playing an older Beta save, but you used a walkthrough cheat and avoided stepping on the needed tile in order to disappear Kurt from Azalea's outside
3-If none of the other two, it may be a glitch, but it never happened to me.

Quote:
Zel, one more thing, I expected the gates entering and exiting the National Park are the ones that cannot be entered with bikes. Almost all gates cannot be entered by bikes. And, not all headbutt trees are HEADBUTT-able. Is it for added fun?
I didn't understand the gate thing... You want to enter the buildings that connect maps, and you cannot while riding a bike? (something like that?)
And the Headbutteable trees are like that because I don't want to overdo the ammount of Script Events needed for making all of them headbutteable (it'd take a lot of space), but yeah, could be also considered as an added challenge XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthegreat View Post
hi
after i deafeated bugsy and my rival i went to the flower or what doc you call it and i found a wht apicorn i went to kurt but he was doing some work when can i give him the apricorn
Because the berry picking and the Kurt making are "chained" to the same "timed events". So, basically, it means you need to wander around for a while, and then he'd be able to take your Apricorn.

Old July 16th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Xeetro
Beginning Trainer

yea i cant wait for the next release :D gonna catch myself a nice chansey and a snorlax btw: im really really sry if this got already mentioned (im a newbie and here are a hell lot of posts every day lol) but victory road (to elite 4) is kinda screwed up if u go there a 2nd time... well im pretty sure someone noticed that yet, though, i just want to hav mentioned it ;D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links