The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
XxOblivion77
All-Around Gamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxOblivion77
Lol I know Zel, I don't cheat in video games, I just use certain things to see what I can do screwing around with the game XP

This is definitely the best hack I have ever played, nice job!

BTW, if you want to get some good MIDI's for some G/S music, go to youtube and try and find the user, Wolfexile and PM him to ask for the MIDIs
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
TomLeeChan
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to TomLeeChan
WTF? I don't have those rocks and tunnels there.

w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=VYiC1doJSSk&mode=related&search=

and what's the difference between SG and SG X?

edit:
how did he get all those three legendary dogs and salamence and how is he with gary (cheats?)
w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOcXHiHWS4&mode=related&search=

Last edited by TomLeeChan; July 16th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:15 PM
silentmagitus
The Lazy Trainer

i got kinda stuck. how the heck do u get rock smash. rn't u supposed to get it as a HM instead of whirlpool*. lance gives a pokemon that knows whirlpool and i can't get rocksmash. also wats up with the unknown pokemon with a question mark for it's name and pic, i tried to catch it but it don't work. u find it by fishing in in the waters near whirl isand.

*whirrlpool was replaced by rocksmash in the games after crystal
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM
joshuashughes20
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Looked in an faq posted on the first page but couldnt find it so how does a slowbro evolve into a slow king?

Thanks

JOSH
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Quote by Zel: Haha, good one

Thanks zel! I can't wait for new scrrenies and stuff. In my opinion, you are the greatest scripter ever.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:41 PM
dude13
Beginning Trainer

hey zel i'd just like to say ur doing a real good thing man. i mean ur workin like crazy on this game and i'd just like to say i appreciate it big time! ur a cool dude!
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Dialga_753
Beginning Trainer

I have a question. How do you get all the legendaries from red,blue,yellow and ruby,sapphire,emerald? Cos I really want Mewtwo on my side.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:52 PM
AlexPriest
The Last of a Generation

Send a message via AIM to AlexPriest Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AlexPriest Send a message via Yahoo to AlexPriest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga_753 View Post
I have a question. How do you get all the legendaries from red,blue,yellow and ruby,sapphire,emerald? Cos I really want Mewtwo on my side.
You can't, not yet anyways, they'll be in later betas.
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Oscuridad
Raikou owns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSquirtle View Post
I dont know if this glitch has been found already and i'm sorry if it has, but here it is...When i went to beat the Elite 4 and got up to Lorlei(sp?) and stood right in front of her. Then I opened the menu and checked my pokemon then exited the menu. As soon as I exited the sub-pokemon menu my overworld sprite took like 4 steps forward(straight through Lorlei) and I ended up outside of her room and could not get back in. It was wierd. At least I had saved right b4 goin up against the elite 4.
This happened to me, as well. I almost got stuck there forever. >_<
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
youre doing a great job with it so far. I know you told somebody else the software you used but i need to understand which software inparticular does what like which one you use to edit the intros and which one edits the layout of the region. I am an amateur hacker and I only edit Maps and text but i want to do a lot more than that. I am new to pokecommunity. My goal is to make a hack of either leafgreen or Emerald and transform it into the sinnoh region with sinnoh pokemon and cries. You are very welcome to join after seeing that beautiful creation: Shinygold. I want to know a couple more things about your software. Which software edits events and how odes it work. Which software edits trainers and their names and pokemon. I am attempting to hold a rom hacking committee either at my house or as an after school activity but are not successful because I either cant get permission from the school or only 1 person wants to do. That's why i am starting with Pokecommunity, I love how you added D/P buildings and signs to the game, that made its GBA region unique like Kanto and Johto have their own designs. Also, if i apply the new IPS patch to the pokemon firered with the old ips patch attached, will it add the new stuff and will i be able to continue my game, or will i have to start from scratch a 3rd time.
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:59 PM
nrox653
What should I put here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
youre doing a great job with it so far. I know you told somebody else the software you used but i need to understand which software inparticular does what like which one you use to edit the intros and which one edits the layout of the region. I am an amateur hacker and I only edit Maps and text but i want to do a lot more than that. I am new to pokecommunity. My goal is to make a hack of either leafgreen or Emerald and transform it into the sinnoh region with sinnoh pokemon and cries. You are very welcome to join after seeing that beautiful creation: Shinygold. I want to know a couple more things about your software. Which software edits events and how odes it work. Which software edits trainers and their names and pokemon. I am attempting to hold a rom hacking committee either at my house or as an after school activity but are not successful because I either cant get permission from the school or only 1 person wants to do. That's why i am starting with Pokecommunity, I love how you added D/P buildings and signs to the game, that made its GBA region unique like Kanto and Johto have their own designs. Also, if i apply the new IPS patch to the pokemon firered with the old ips patch attached, will it add the new stuff and will i be able to continue my game, or will i have to start from scratch a 3rd time.
This is a thread discussing Shiny Gold. If you want to know how to script and all that, ask in the Simple Questions thread or browse through the Documents and Tutorials section. Or maybe you can just PM Zel...

Zel, um, maybe you can move that person on Route 29 a bit so he doesn't "pop out" when you enter the route. Seeing FireRed had slightly different positions for people than in the original Red, maybe you can do the same in SG?

W00t! I'm back!
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:07 PM
isaac2112
Beginning Trainer

i cant leave the suken ship on the way to kanto can somebody please help me wooo
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
dude13
Beginning Trainer

go to the captains place an read the note. then go bk to exit the ship. jamie and jess should be at the exit and then have a conversation
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
I have a small glitch report...

In the beginning of the game, after defeating your rival for the first time, you can go back to your house and your mom will go through the intro give PokeGear routine again. Just wanted to let you know.
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Saurav
~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~

Yeah, I think "ZeL" already know that, lol mom gives Pokegear two times...
Runescape Forum, Cheats and Hacks || G4HQ Forums || Anime Forum, Talk and Community || MMORPG Forum and Games || Xbox Forum Cheats and Live || Naruto Forum Community and Manga || Bleach Community and Manga Forum
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
francyss
No imagination for this

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to francyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuashughes20 View Post
Looked in an faq posted on the first page but couldnt find it so how does a slowbro evolve into a slow king?

Thanks

JOSH
There's no possible ways when trying to evolve a slowbro in a slowking, 'cause both slowbro and slowking are direct evolutions from slowpoke.

But, to make a slowpoke evolve into slowking, you need king's rock(search on www.serebii.net's pokedéx to know how to get it on your version) as the holding item and, then, trade your slowpoke.

Spoiler:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old July 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by francyss View Post

And the fly map of johto is all screwed up. Looks like the sevii islands.
Well Zel built Johto off the sevii islands and he said it is rather difficult to change the map, so for now we have to deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by francyss View Post
There's no possible ways when trying to evolve a slowbro in a slowking, 'cause both slowbro and slowking are direct evolutions from slowpoke.
Zel changed the way tradeing pokemon evolve, try a water stone.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:54 AM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

And i just want to comment about Jess and Jamie duo.
They're so hilarious!!! Hahahahahaha!!!
They're the "Punch and Judy" of SG.

Great job, Zel! You really make me laugh through these guys!

HAHAHAHA!!!!! :-)
Old July 17th, 2007, 02:12 AM
A4der
Beginning Trainer

Are you planning implementing All the Generations of Pokemon into this game 1-4. Yes i know if you are gonna its gonna be a LONG time down the road. Something i was pondering

By the Way GREAT JOB!!!

Last edited by A4der; July 17th, 2007 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Wanted to give congradulations to the Creator
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Lugia 93 $$
Beginning Trainer

Hello! I'm new because I'm Italian so my English isn't perfect!
There is a problem in Shiny gold version! When I win the third badge it goes to the 4th slot for the badges!
Why? Is a bug?
Thanks!
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Xeetro
Beginning Trainer

@Lugia: this has already been mentioned ;]

@ all: could you tell me how to find/get shiny pokemon best? just save and try 200 times? or is there some trick? thx in advance.
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Lugia 93 $$
Beginning Trainer

So that is a bug! And the eight badge will appear in the 3rd slot?
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
nope shiny pokemon are found everywhere but it's hard to find on it's just suppppppeeeeeeeeeer rare

I'll make a man out of you!
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:27 AM
exedissolve
Straight-edge

@lugia: each badge allows a certain hm to be used out of battle, SG is based on gold but is a FR hack so zel had to change the order of some badges so we could use different hm's.

Dissolve's PokePet

Bunsin the level 53 Flareon!
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:49 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Hey guys, last post at this thread. I was asked by Hiroshi Sotomura to close the thread so I could start a new one with some added rules in order to mantain it a bit more clean and ordered. It's not like I'm 100% sure if this will help, but at least we must do something in order to mantain PC's peace.

So, I'll close it and check through the more than 200 pages to check all the stuff commonly asked, increasing my FAQs (it'll be a must to read the FAQs and the glitches lists this time), so while the thread is closed, I'll have a tough job at reading thousands of posts.

Yeah... So, whatever... Goodbye thread...

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links