Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:10 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash

Advertise here
ARRGGHHH, Too much posts.

I've read them about the bug reports. But it dosen't bother me. I've just like to enjoy playing the game.

Last edited by insectduel; November 7th, 2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Incorrect spelling
Old November 7th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Wilver
Beginning Trainer

wow, anything I can say is absolutely awesome! my god I really really want to help you if I know how to hack, because when I see the project and downloaded and played XD man I like it too much, of course its not perfect but its a beta, but for a beta mein goth!!!! I think I can see it in street markets(ilegal places to sell) and make much people curious =P well its just amazing!!! please never think in stop it for sake of all people like me are soo much ancious to get the hands in the full game well well, I will wait for next beta!!! let me ask something, how about the female player? you pretend remake it too right? we will see it in next beta? again your job is great!!! keep the good work
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Wow!!!!!!! This is really amazing!!!!!! This is one if not the best hack ever! Gold was my favorite game and my re-creations, as well as others were not half as good as this! You defentely have outdone yourself! I applaud your skills and hope (please!!!!!!!!!!) that you continue and eventually (again PLEASE!!!!!!!!!) finish!

Ps. This is the first time i'm going to put a hack support bar in my sig! (It's that good)
Old November 7th, 2006, 05:46 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
What's up, people? Got about 10 free minutes after dinner, so I take this chance to speak again!

Luckily things calmed down (on both sides, mine included). But, for now, just to be safe, avoid posting any new glitches. I need to get some time to fix the already posted ones (Well, the ones that happened to me also, you saw a video where a supposed glitch didn't happen, so I dont know what to do with that). Once that's done, you may start posting again.

It's just that I didn't want my thread to just get full of glitches posts. It got pretty wild. So I need to find an alternate way.

In the meantime, I'm kinda busy, so I guess I should get some time to fix the first bugs by this weekend (not a sure thing).

Now, let's see what can I comment about your posts...

to martijn: Yes, there are, as far as I can see, a lot of behaviour and some other kind of problems inside of Illex, but I think I saw the problem you mentioned after I made the patch, and fixed it. But I'll check it out.

to flipboi: You know already I dont know why that happens to you, and not to me. By the way, I was referring to having to wait a lot of time till the video was up. And... Didn't catch your "200$" sentence. I guess it's not important, anyway.

to Ryo: about the trainers in the Gym, I knew about and I think I'll leave them as that. That way you could battle them, in case you forgot.
I thought the exit arrows happened only in Dark Cave (I'm aware of that, that happened even in Beta1). I used the wrong tile when I mapped it, then tried to fix it, but seems I missed some tiles. But I didn't know there were other places. Care to show me screens?
And, lastly, Sudowoodo. Yes, that's the only way I found to make Sudo dissappear (it happens the same with Lapras' battle).
Those are all the new trainers so far, there's a new one for next Beta, and I think a few more will come too. (Mainly for Kanto)

to itsaplanet: It's a good idea, but that way I'd need a lot of sprites. A thing I dont have in abundance. I think the panels wont be in the game. I never liked them, anyway. Just a lose of minutes, and to implement them here is gonna be a pain, if not impossible... I hope you understand.

to ptudia: I can make sure the player has two. But not about their natures. I know I used something involving an egg in the grooming script. Not sure if that could help me in some way. A thing is sure, the script for every double battle is gonna get complicated. I dont remember if there were double battles in FR, anyway. If there were, I could go to check out their script.

to the rest of you, guys, thanks, I mean it. I'm not too concentrated on finding bugs 'cause it's hard for me to just forget about enjoying playing a game product of a hard work. So when I saw so much bug posts it was like the sky falling in the middle of my head... But I guess that's done. Let's look forward. Gotta fix bugs & more bugs!

See ya all! (cant precise when, so stay alert!)

Old November 7th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Brittany
Back?

Send a message via ICQ to Brittany Send a message via AIM to Brittany Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brittany Send a message via Yahoo to Brittany
The beta was very nice IMO. This is a very extensive remake of Gold.

As for glitches, they were expected. With so much progress made, it's hard to keep up on the little things. A decent run-through could work pretty flawlessly, but we keep poking at the small things, so it must be hard to take it all in at once.

If you don't mind, I could PM you a glitch screenshot list ordered chronologically to simplify things. You're taking alot of this work upon yourself, and to consider the fact that you don't have any beta testers, your progress glitch-wise is excellent. The only reason this thread got bloated is because we're all your testers, and because we all care about this hack, we're eager to report our findings to our boss, kinda
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:06 PM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
I know we aren't supposed to post new glitches () but I didn't see this one yet, and it isn't that serious but... The route to Olivine City doesn't allow you to ride a bike, but when you enter the route from Olivine and if you allready was on a bike when you left Olivine, you are able to stay on it.

And a suggestion: I don't know if it's possible, but can the Pokeballs that contain the starters be switched to a Premier Ball? I mean when you enter a battle and calling your starter out, it shows a Premier Ball instead of a Pokeball. It's pure symbolic, because your starter is the first Pokemon you get and 'premier' means first as well.
I'm available if you'd like to exchange Friend Codes! Please check my profile and PM me if you're interested
Name: Wes

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

I never wanted to post this, but I guess it's time to stop lying to myself...

During the last weeks, I had much fun at rom hacking, however, during that time, my studies and my qualifications started to drop drastically. It became an habit that, whenever something didn't work for me, I just left it and dedicate to hack a bit more. Of course, the fun I had at hacking quickly became frustration at my most important thing.

And so, seeing as I dont want to feel frustrated anymore. I'd like to ask to close this thread. I didn't want to do it, really. After all, it seemed like I found a place where I was respected. I know a lot of people will hate me, I don't blame them. But I cant handle it, I just can't...

I hope someone could take the work I was doing and continue it. If not, it's all right.

Don't know what else to say... I feel a bit guilty... For breaking everyone's trust... I'm not a bad person, really... At least, I'd like to be remembered as one...

I gotta re-start where things went wrong. So I need to forget...

This is zel. This was zel.
Turning off...
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:55 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE CAN CONTINUE IT!!! NO ONE IS A GREAT SCRIPTER AS YOU!!! IF I WAS A GOOD SCRIPTER I WOULD TRY BUT IM NOT!!! DONT GO!!!!!!

...o well, you have a life, and you gotta do life first, i understand that

well, great job zel! i think your hack is the farthest gold remake ever! and thats why its uber! it wa almost done, prob 75%? idk

but anyways, thanks zel, for this great hack!

this hack and you will be missed in the hacking community

SHINY GOLD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: O man, you know whats stragne, i was thinkin of makin a video fo the vid as liek a tribute a whil ago, b4 your post

now that your discontinuing the hack, it would be a perfect time to do it.

the video will be honored to shineygold, and zel!!

SHINEYGOLD FOREVER!
If you want Shiny Gold Supporter Banner's that I created, click here!

Last edited by flipboi; November 8th, 2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Mr Snrub
I bark therefore I am

Location: Glorious nation of Kazakhstan (Really Western Australia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
I never wanted to post this, but I guess it's time to stop lying to myself...

During the last weeks, I had much fun at rom hacking, however, during that time, my studies and my qualifications started to drop drastically. It became an habit that, whenever something didn't work for me, I just left it and dedicate to hack a bit more. Of course, the fun I had at hacking quickly became frustration at my most important thing.

And so, seeing as I dont want to feel frustrated anymore. I'd like to ask to close this thread. I didn't want to do it, really. After all, it seemed like I found a place where I was respected. I know a lot of people will hate me, I don't blame them. But I cant handle it, I just can't...

I hope someone could take the work I was doing and continue it. If not, it's all right.

Don't know what else to say... I feel a bit guilty... For breaking everyone's trust... I'm not a bad person, really... At least, I'd like to be remembered as one...

I gotta re-start where things went wrong. So I need to forget...

This is zel. This was zel.
Turning off...
Good God...

AaaaaH ****!

Ok edit, I'll make a proper post.

Alrights...

Zel. You are a legend. I have a feeling like when Eddie Guerrero or Steve Irwin died but without the tears, mostly due to the dramatic "This is Zel, this was Zel. turning off...."

I respect your reasons for this. However, I would hope you will still continue to be a member of this community, to give advice to newbie hackers, help other hackers, download and play some hacks and so people can still contact you.

Are you in University? (I'm assuming you are) because I'd suggest when you have a break from Uni (as you said mid-December) maybe you could bring back ShinyGold?

If you're coming back when you have spare time, that would kick ass

If you're not continuing ShinyGold but will come back to the forums that would kick ass (just not kick as much ass )

If you're not continuing ShinyGold and are not coming back to the forums then thats a damn shame. We'll have lost the greatest hacker the community has known (general hacking ability and SCRIPTING)

I will respect your decision

Peace hombre

Snrub

P.S I'm willing to continue the hack, I can edit text, battles, maps etc. All I'd need is a scripter...
Shiny Gold Rules!

My new Hack, Pokemon -unnamed-! Thread coming soon! PM me to be a Gym Leader!

Pokemon -name here-! Coming soon!

PM me with comments about the hack! It's nice to have feedback!

May 15th 2007 - The hack is cancelled. Old computer got binned, so did the hack with it

Last edited by Mr Snrub; November 8th, 2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

wah?

hmmm, well it's good that you're placing your studies first. heheh I should do that too ... one day

Anywho, then I hope to continue seeing you active around the community.

Thanks for the beta's anyway, they are awesome.
CHILL OUT DUDES, I GOT THIS
Paired with Juicy.
Old November 11th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Ladies and gentlemen, zel's actually making a comeback!

Better words to say, he's back in business!

And of course, due to that, the thread's open. :P
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:22 AM
As_Stars_Go_Out
StraightXEdge

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to As_Stars_Go_Out
yeah way to go zel!!!!! this hack is really amazing.
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:24 AM
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

Cool! Alright! zel, you know you got my support man! Shiny Gold's back in action, I had a feeling that it wasn't the end of it. Good luck finishing up bud.
Best site and forum for Pokemon ROM Hacking

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Old November 11th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Cursed
Godking Ragnarok CXVII

I noticed that you used a default cut-tree for sudowoodo. Maybe you should switch it with the emerald overworld sprite.
Now restarted! All crit appreciated!
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Nature: Adamant
Ya Shiny gold is back

*cries in joy*
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Blackandy
Rock On!

Send a message via AIM to Blackandy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blackandy
Awsome, zel and Shiny Gold are back:D

Old November 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
ptudia
Creator of Dragonstone

YES zel is back! i thought it was a lost cause once you left, that signing off thing was pretty dramatic. but now your back and everyone is happy again!
FC: 1547 6296 7500
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Nice to here you are back Zel. Your GS hack rocks! I started to worry that I'll never get to play a GS remake.

Old November 11th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Great! I love this hack. Zel, you've done things with hacking I've never seen. You're the best scripter alive!
Old November 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
.:Sam:.
The road goes ever on and on!

Nature: Calm
OMG this is the best rom hack ever! You rock!
Current Projects:
None

Staff on the following Projects:
Pokemon: Rise of Oblivion. - Spriter.

Project History:
Pokemon: Legend of Articuno.
May 16th 2006 - July 4th 2006. Deceased.

Old November 11th, 2006, 01:37 PM
kkkk
Shiny Gold Fan

Nature: Adamant
Yeahh!!!

Zel you're the coolest!!!
The history is coming back!

Take your time, and be careful with the school.

Good luck and thanks
Old November 11th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

W00t!

Go zel! It's great to hear that your back on this project.

I hope you still continue to focus on your studies more though - you have our support with that.
CHILL OUT DUDES, I GOT THIS
Paired with Juicy.
Old November 11th, 2006, 02:53 PM
ssj
Kanto Legend

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ssj
Zel never doubted you keep the great work up .
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code : 2535 3381 4158
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:14 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Hello, community! zel here speaking from the confused depths of my mind...

Nah, nevermind that. I just thought that I cant just leave like that. I dont want to lose this. I want to keep going at Shiny Gold. Now I think I'm a bit wiser and less-rushed, I hope. I did some serious thinking, and...

First, even though I'll continue, I'm going to learn to contain and limit myself. So, I wont be as active as I was before.

Second, till I dont fix my problems, Shiny Gold is on hold. Probably by December I should get some time to start working again (little by little). But, even though I'd be in vacations, I'll keep studying to prepare myself for next year, and studies will be the first priority in my list.

Third, since I wont dedicate much time, I'm thinking about starting a hacking group, to release myself from doing everything, and dedicate my time (not too much) to do what I like more, scripting. I dont have much experience handling and working in groups, so I hope to get help. I also hope to get the help from experienced and responsible people.
Anyway, that'd be only for the future. So, I'd appreciate if you hold yer horses till I really ask.

That is all, I appreciate the concern from you, friends. I'm glad to say that zel is back to hack! (Well, not really, I'd be by December) I'll be in the community anyway in my nights (not all of'em) just if you need something or to encourage people's awesome works.

In the meantime keep practicing and mastering your skills. I wish luck to all of you in your hacks!

From your friend (I hope), and a Gold Remaker, zel.
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:38 PM
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

Okay zel, I understand what you're saying bud. Take your time, You've done so much, it's just well...the best. You concentrate on your work and we'll..yes we'll be patient. Thanks for returning. You know, everybody here got your back. You are great with your work, and well restpected. Treecko supports you my friend, good luck to you and Shiny Gold.
Best site and forum for Pokemon ROM Hacking

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here