The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 11th, 2006 (05:42 PM).
zak
xpert trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zak
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Hello, community! zel here speaking from the confused depths of my mind...

Nah, nevermind that. I just thought that I cant just leave like that. I dont want to lose this. I want to keep going at Shiny Gold. Now I think I'm a bit wiser and less-rushed, I hope. I did some serious thinking, and...

First, even though I'll continue, I'm going to learn to contain and limit myself. So, I wont be as active as I was before.

Second, till I dont fix my problems, Shiny Gold is on hold. Probably by December I should get some time to start working again (little by little). But, even though I'd be in vacations, I'll keep studying to prepare myself for next year, and studies will be the first priority in my list.

Third, since I wont dedicate much time, I'm thinking about starting a hacking group, to release myself from doing everything, and dedicate my time (not too much) to do what I like more, scripting. I dont have much experience handling and working in groups, so I hope to get help. I also hope to get the help from experienced and responsible people.
Anyway, that'd be only for the future. So, I'd appreciate if you hold yer horses till I really ask.

That is all, I appreciate the concern from you, friends. I'm glad to say that zel is back to hack! (Well, not really, I'd be by December) I'll be in the community anyway in my nights (not all of'em) just if you need something or to encourage people's awesome works.

In the meantime keep practicing and mastering your skills. I wish luck to all of you in your hacks!

From your friend (I hope), and a Gold Remaker, zel.
if you're gona start a hacking group i'd like to join , your workz gr8 and i'd like to help where i can ,
Old November 11th, 2006 (06:00 PM).
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Thats too bad, because you are the greatest scripter alive! But only since I killed Dark E, lol. But seriously, this was tied with Rijon Adventures for my favorite in progress hack. But only because there's no word on Drak Future and Oceans lol. Keep this thing alive!

Prince of Lake Island,
Har D. Har Koopa.
Old November 11th, 2006 (06:04 PM).
Pikachu_Charizard
Swellow

YES! And good luck!
Better late than never.

Credit To Nova
Old November 11th, 2006 (06:06 PM).
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Take your time, Zel. I'm in no rush for a full GS remake as long as I know a great one like yours still exists or is in production, even if it isn't updated for months I'll be happy. Wish you the best of luck.

As I've said before, your remake rocks!

Old November 11th, 2006 (06:40 PM).
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

ZEL! THANKS TO THE POKEGODS FOR YOUR RETURN!! HAHAHAAHA

check wat i did jsut right now??

since alot of people (including me) are supporting you and shinygold, i made a sig of your fav of mine!

what you think? imma put it on my sig soon!
Old November 11th, 2006 (07:34 PM).
Matt Silver
Who Do You Think?

Nature: Adamant
I just finished the 2nd beta and I have to say it was awesome!
There are some things that do need some work- like some of the mapping has little details missing or bad tiling.
The gym leader overworld sprites are just plain old sprites (what's with that?).

Apart from all that, this hack is a 10/10 in my book. Good job.
Old November 12th, 2006 (04:22 AM).
Guzv4
Stronger than ever!

Nature: Naughty
This is the best and the coolest GSC hack I ever played. I hope it gets finished. I'm a big fan.

!F U (4N R34D 7#!5 7#3N (L!(K #3R3
Old November 12th, 2006 (08:47 AM).
Informatik.
here's to the atom bomb

Nature: Gentle
Great to see you back, zel, and I'm glad that you're continuing your hack. Shiny Gold is probably the best remake of Gold as of yet, and it would be very unfortunate to see it go down the drain like that.

If you need help with mapping, I'm here, even though I suck at scripting.
Old November 12th, 2006 (04:21 PM).
coolcobra77
Beginning Trainer

I'm having a little trouble even starting the game...

I can load it onto my computer but what program do I need to run it?

Can someone please just answer this simple question quickly... I really want to try it out.
Old November 12th, 2006 (06:38 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
OK, I dont have many things to multi-quote this time, since, mainly, I'm not yet working on the hack (till Dec.), and lastly, because mainly the posts are for a warm re-welcome (to which I can only say thanks!). But I have found a few things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
check wat i did jsut right now??

since alot of people (including me) are supporting you and shinygold, i made a sig of your fav of mine!

If you're talking about the videos, yes, I've seen all of'em. Too bad there wont be any new videos (I used them to relax a bit, and see how the game was doing from a different perspective). But don't worry, and thanks for the time you took to show them.

And about the new banner, well... What should I say? *blushes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Silver View Post
The gym leader overworld sprites are just plain old sprites (what's with that?).
This part just confused me a bit. What do you call "just plain old sprites"? I've merged a few trainers so they look like the gym leaders from Gold, and now with the help of Enrico Marini, I'm adding completely new sprites based on their poses from the original Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcobra77 View Post
I'm having a little trouble even starting the game...

I can load it onto my computer but what program do I need to run it?

Can someone please just answer this simple question quickly... I really want to try it out.
I understand you are new to the community (Heh!, I was new just a few months ago!). But there are always a few threads you need to read before posting anything in any thread, and this is the thread you'd need to read:

http://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/s...ad.php?t=73966, made by our friendly neighbourhood H.Sotomura (I prefer Wolt, man!)

Nothing more for now, till next time!
Old November 12th, 2006 (07:02 PM).
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

i might do more vids

i did make a new one though, of me catching all teh fire type startes (no cheating! just hacking heheeh) but i might record more of me playing, idk.
Old November 13th, 2006 (05:53 PM). Edited November 13th, 2006 by coolcobra77.
coolcobra77
Beginning Trainer

I cannot get pass the 2nd help screen, I press (L), (R), and (A) but nothing happens at all.
Old November 13th, 2006 (06:10 PM).
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

everyoen has it man!

just forget about

nothins wrong

but, when you save, dont click save, click, save game, then chose a slot

EDIT: what you mean. 2nd help screen. what happens
Old November 13th, 2006 (06:14 PM).
coolcobra77
Beginning Trainer

I got to have the most problems ever... and must be the most annoying.

Now I cannot get past the controls... I press (L) (R) or (A) but nothing happens at all.
Old November 13th, 2006 (06:15 PM).
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

you mena like. it shows liek the dpad and stuff? pressin a wont work huh? maybe you got a messed up rom, try dl another clean rom
Old November 13th, 2006 (06:18 PM). Edited November 13th, 2006 by coolcobra77.
coolcobra77
Beginning Trainer

all it says is

"greetings this is the help system. Call me up whenever and wherever you need by pressing R or L buttons. The help messages change often to suit the situation, so check them often, please.

Then nothing will happen, can anyone give me advice?
Old November 13th, 2006 (07:20 PM).
Cursed
Godking Ragnarok CXVII

The hack is nice, but when i got cyndaquil, Totodile's pokeball disappeared too and when i got prof. elm's phone number, it said "violet" at the end.
Old November 13th, 2006 (07:46 PM).
kwizzeh
Beginning Trainer

Totodile's pokeball disappearing means your rival took it.
Old November 13th, 2006 (08:03 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
The hack is nice, but when i got cyndaquil, Totodile's pokeball disappeared too and when i got prof. elm's phone number, it said "violet" at the end.
That's right, since I used the original scripts at the beggining of the game, you take your poke and then... "nobody" takes the other poke. I didn't want to mess with the beggining so that's why it looks like that.

Thanks for releasing me of the usual questions, flipboi. Yes, probably is the rom (even though I havent used the help System, now that you mention it, I think I've never investigated it!, and wont do anyway)

OK. Since I'm not hacking at the moment, I'm using my scarce times to give myself new ideas and things to improve my current game.
That's why I think it's time for me to try to post a poll. Vote to decide if you want a more challenging game, or a "more-close to remake" game. There's no need to express your opinion by posting (unless you have something interesting to post), I just need to know the results.

Let's see what your interests are!
Old November 13th, 2006 (08:05 PM).
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

Hey zel, I know you're not working on the hack yet, but I got a question. When you see the legendary dogs at the burned tower, they'll be scattered all over which map? Since Johto is in place of the islands, does that mean they'll be over one of the maps for the islands. Because there are like 3 or 4 different maps of the islands.

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Old November 13th, 2006 (08:12 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeckoLv.100 View Post
Hey zel, I know you're not working on the hack yet, but I got a question. When you see the legendary dogs at the burned tower, they'll be scattered all over which map? Since Johto is in place of the islands, does that mean they'll be over one of the maps for the islands. Because there are like 3 or 4 different maps of the islands.
No, they're not scattered on any map. I didn't have the time to investigate a way to make them run away and find them in the wild. There are many troubles with that. I have a poll for that in some days, since I have a cool idea, but people seem to want to find them in the wild... I'll see by the results when I post this poll.
Old November 13th, 2006 (08:22 PM).
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

Cool, I'm the first to vote on the poll. But anyway, okay, if you're having troubles with it, do a way that you think is best. I probably said this already, but the second beta was awesome. That's why it won "uber". You got some nice sprites and tiles as well man. I'll be patiently waiting until you start on it again.

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Old November 13th, 2006 (10:59 PM).
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
No, they're not scattered on any map. I didn't have the time to investigate a way to make them run away and find them in the wild. There are many troubles with that. I have a poll for that in some days, since I have a cool idea, but people seem to want to find them in the wild... I'll see by the results when I post this poll.
you know on advanced map? i remember using it and i could choose how much percent
the pkmn will appear.

but idk, i thought it was advanced map, because when i did the fire video, i was like, what the? couldnt i choose when they would appear, because i remember do that. but idk. but if you could do how many percent the pkmn will appear, i would make the dogs like 5 or 10 percent showing up
Old November 13th, 2006 (11:02 PM).
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Umm, maybe you should leave them as they are zel, and once the game is completed, you give us the opportunity to verse the leaders again, with updated teams, movesets and higher levels, like in Kanto.
Old November 13th, 2006 (11:43 PM). Edited November 13th, 2006 by DarkArcz.
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

Dunno if I mentioned this before, but congratulations on your hack reaching Uber! Your hack deserves it

...And one more thing, Im not sure if you're aware of it but when Carlos battles you for the first time...he doesn't walk to you....err, maybe thats a bit confusing, Here's a screenshot.

Sorry to bother ya if this glitch has already been reported or sumthin

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links