The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Mario Famous
Confidential...=/

Send a message via AIM to Mario Famous
1. Make sure it'[s a clean rom dump
2. Use the Lunar ips patcher to patch the rom
3. If your not patching it, name the ips file the exactly the same as the rom and turn on the VBA's auto patching option. The ips patch has to be in the same directory as the rom itself if you choose to do this.

If your rom has an intro hack on it, this hack will probably not work. Google patch fix for pokemon or go to pocketheaven.com for ips patches that cleans roms.

*Note, this is not a site that distributes roms so don't delete the link, it's quite helpful for people with bad roms that needs a fixing
Bishie Claims
{Mario-Super Mario}{Marisa-FE8}{Shugo-.Hack}{Jade-Tales Of}
{Laharl-Disgaea}
A legend will live on no matter what the situation
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

I know this is a bit late for my first post in this thread, but who cares? =P

This hack is a true master piece. The maps are very well detailed and have that right Pokémon G/S/C feel the maps in some Gold remakes seem to lack and the spriting is decent, but could still be better. It's been a while since I played through the hack, but I remember some gymleader sprites bugging me. There also seems to be a couple of bugs in the maps. The only one I remember right now, however, is the rather random bug in Ilex Forest. Whenever I enter a battle while I'm standing on the top tile of a tree, the battle become a cave battle. Also, shouldn't that tile be overlapping the overworld sprites? Well, it isn't.

However, the truly awesome scripting makes up for the random glitches and whatnot in the hack. Seriously, if it wasn't for some minor bugs in a couple of scripts, they'd be as good as any scripts Nintendo would make. Plus, I like the extra stuff you added in the game, like the place where you get Treecko and how you scattered Hoenn Pokémon all around Johto. *Huggles his Grovyle and Swellow*

You have inspired me to start hacking again, but I'm not familiar with hex scripting and ScriptED doesn't work even though I double checked if everything required for it to run properly is in order, and it was, so I think I'll leave the hacking to those who know what they're doing and have the tools to do what they want.

Anyway... if you need help with sprites and movesets (For gymleaders and other special trainers) and such, I'll be glad to assist you. And don't get this wrong, I'm not saying you couldn't handle this yourself, I'm just saying that I'll lend you a hand if help is required. Either way, I wish you luck with the hack.

Notice how I had very little to criticize about this hack? Well, you should feel proud of yourself, because I tend to notice even the smallest bugs. =P 'Course I noticed a couple of more glitches than the one in Ilex Forest, but I can't remember any of them right now, so they probably weren't anything too big. Keep at it, Zel. This is by far the best hack around in my opinion. I'm in love with your scripts. <3

Last edited by Smarties-chan; November 18th, 2006 at 02:39 AM.
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
its a great hack, im playing it now... !
but i have a glitch...
the girl sprite looks.... weird she has, well ill just give you a screen shot
but other than that, great game!
Hope to see more comming
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.PNG‎ (6.6 KB, 95 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old November 18th, 2006, 05:17 PM
coolcobra77
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Ok I have said this before about the wierd beginning where I have gotten the help screen and cannot continue.

I have gotten a Rom recommended by someone who has played this game already on the same Rom and the same thing happens.

I get the screen that talks about controls then I press A to continue and a screen saying this comes up:

"Greetings! This is the HELP System. Call me up whenever and wherever you need by pressing the L or R button. The help messages change to suit the situation, so check them often, please."

I cannot get past this even pressing L or R or A

So has anyone else encountered this because I'm sure it can't be only my visualboyadvance. Or my game
Old November 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Sorry I can't help about that, I really don't know what the problem could be, and seeing as many people already played the game and didn't have the same problem, the only thing I could say is what everyone knows, getting a new rom.

News, news:

Hey, I dont know what's wrong with my PC today, but it's getting a big problem and I cant startup after it's turned off for a while. I need to try again & again to make it work. That's why I'll go to the "mechanic" so they tell me what's going on and fix it.
I'm just saying that I wont have PC for some days (starting from Monday), so don't panic if I dont show up!

That is all, see ya!

Oh!, and don't worry for Shiny Gold, it's very safe in my cd-rom
Old November 19th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Glad Shiny Gold is kept safe.

I hope you can sort out your PC problems.

Old November 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

I been thinking,why dont you use ladders in the sprout tower instead of those stairs,makes it look neater

and why dont you use FR stairs in the light house aswell

and about the burned tower,when i showed you the tileset it had burned tower tiles,with a its own set of fences around it 0_o
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

when you bring the egg back to the prof, and show it to him he jumps back in one direction only and that north. he should jump back in the oppisiote direction that you are at.
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Glad to see your still doing really good on this hack! It scared me for a minute when you said you were done with it. Anyway keep going!
Old November 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal ALpha-Star+ View Post
I been thinking,why dont you use ladders in the sprout tower instead of those stairs,makes it look neater

and why dont you use FR stairs in the light house aswell

and about the burned tower,when i showed you the tileset it had burned tower tiles,with a its own set of fences around it 0_o
There are many things that I decided because, to my eyes, looks nice, and are easier. Since all of this are Betas there may be changes...

Hmm, the big ladders look better, but break a bit the layout for the tower (I'd need to redo all the floors, hmmm). By the way, I still consider the tiles for Sprout Tower temporary. The small stairs in the lighthouse only use one tile, which is enough, and I like them. I like to mantain a bit of "retro" look in some things, and if they mean to make my life a bit easier, it's better. But, perhaps sometime I could change them. I will decide it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Chill Commander X View Post
when you bring the egg back to the prof, and show it to him he jumps back in one direction only and that north. he should jump back in the oppisiote direction that you are at.
Hmm...

More glitches? What did I say? Anyway, I think I tried all the combinations for the applymovement command and I havent found the rest of the "jump backwards" commands. Also I'd need to know where the player is located to know where to make him jump, which is a pain for me... (but perhaps could be a fixed for when almost all is ready, and perfections are left). No more glitches, please!

I don't know how long will be the wait for me to recover my PC. I hope it's not long. Until then!

Peace!
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:17 PM
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

Another victim of they're computer problems. I hope that problem gets fixed soon for you. Computer troubles are the worst, huh? Best wishes for you bud.

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Goku Goku
I had not problems with getting to ROM to work. And the game is great! I've wished that they should make a G/S/C remake, and all becausing of hacking my dream came true. There's no doubt about it - it's the closest thing to the original! Must have taken ages to do script it, and it is all worth while!

However, does the hack go all the way back to the Kanto region? Because that lake going to Kanto is cut-off. Other than that, thank you very much for making Shiny Gold! It's the greatest!
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Hmm, that seems a good idea..
linking back to kanto would be awesome!
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:46 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

again, he blocked off that building to mahogany town because its not finished yet, just go west to olivine city, after you finish that, play it again! because that is it! beta is over, or just train!
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Goku Goku
Well, it's going to be ages before it's fully complete...then I'll be ready to play it! I just can't wait...it's the best way re-enjoy a game classic...!
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:12 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

you know what would be cool zel? since (supposedly) nintendo workers like your hack, and pass the news about your hack at their buildings, someone would like it alot and try to get it available to download full credit to you on the wii!!!!
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
you know what would be cool zel? since (supposedly) nintendo workers like your hack, and pass the news about your hack at their buildings, someone would like it alot and try to get it available to download full credit to you on the wii!!!!
Whoa, I don't know what your smoking, but that wont happen, since if the Nintendo's "little people" report to "headquarters", then Zel could be sued for counterfrauding a copyrighted company. Hence forth, a GBA game on the Wii? That wouldnt be very fun. Unless graphics went way up.

If you actually mean that Nintendo would like the story, its pretty much the same, so, they probably wont get excited over something that was changed slightly. What with Carlos apearing in the game and all.

And I bet if Nintendos workers wanted to, they can just make their own "remake" of Pokemon Gold, since they have all the equipment and technology to do it.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old November 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Kamui
´

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kamui
Oh man!
Amazing...
Great work mate, gotta love it.
Old November 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Sooo...
about my problem with the wonky girl sprite? is that just a rom problem or is it in the actuall hack?
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM
kwizzeh
Beginning Trainer

I think it's because she has no pallet to use. Didn't Zel mention to not using the girl?
Old November 20th, 2006, 03:24 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
Whoa, I don't know what your smoking, but that wont happen, since if the Nintendo's "little people" report to "headquarters", then Zel could be sued for counterfrauding a copyrighted company. Hence forth, a GBA game on the Wii? That wouldnt be very fun. Unless graphics went way up.

If you actually mean that Nintendo would like the story, its pretty much the same, so, they probably wont get excited over something that was changed slightly. What with Carlos apearing in the game and all.

And I bet if Nintendos workers wanted to, they can just make their own "remake" of Pokemon Gold, since they have all the equipment and technology to do it.
oh yeah forgot about all that copyrighting thing hehe, but still it would be cool
Old November 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
2Scribble
I post therefor I am

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 2Scribble
What? There's no female char?

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and that love... true love never dies.
Old November 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM
kwizzeh
Beginning Trainer

You can choose her, but it'll just bring up a bad pallet, her sprite wasn't replaced with Crystal yet from what I could assume.
Old November 20th, 2006, 08:30 PM
goku san
Beginning Trainer

this game is really awesome......probably one of the best hacks i've ever seen. Good job Zel
Old November 21st, 2006, 12:20 AM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

I've never played a game that is in Johto but this game has my favorite regions that will be one of the best Pokemon game.

Sponsored Links