The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2007 (06:45 PM).
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

thanks goku goku and shurikinway!

yeh, i kno zel has alot of banners (mainly from me lol)

but i dont mind if he doesnt put it up, its just for everyone saying no to PIRATES~
Old January 9th, 2007 (06:51 PM). Edited January 9th, 2007 by marz.
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So we have to start over. That's what I thought. Ummm great banner. I'm in a weird mood since I just replied to a bad hack's thread saying it was bad (not specifying what thread and what hack). But now I remember what Mt. Mortar is. Reason I didn't know it is because when GSC came out I was way too impatient to go in there when you could simply surf across. So to be honest I think I've never been in there xD. Well, since the new graphics will be applied in Zel's hack (by new graphics I mean 3rd gen graphics) then I will go in there and not skip it for the 4th time. I like that we have to restart in a way because it gives me a second chance to well train that Treecko. I mean mine's only at Lv.7! I just like training new low level pokemon by battling trainers. But the fact that you have to restart just makes you want to wait for the final version of the game. Great thing is, in B3, it will be much worth while because of the obtainable running shoes! To be honest I'm too lazy to go to Bag>>Key Items>>Bycicle>>Register and when I do, I usually forgot I registered it. It's so much easier just to hold B. Zel, awesome screenies, did I say that already? If I did, good. I want to really mean it.

Well, I typed long to make up for the time I haven't been showing up at this forum very much. I shall stop typing now.

Zel, great screens, nothing new (the fact that they are great). Keep up the good work. << There I go again xD

everlasting rivalry with murderface +
Old January 9th, 2007 (08:07 PM).
furrypaws16
Trainer

oh and also will this have EVERYTHING the old gold had with extras or are you leaving some stuff out?

It obviously won't have some things, such as day/night, mystery gift (in the way it was styled in GSC), and it probably won't have that one trainer place in Viridian City, where you could rebattle who you battled last with a link cable. It will have extras, though, like new rivals, obvious third gen stuff (Running shoes and stuff like that), and a new version is being released titled, Shiny Gold X, and it will be much harder. I also belive it was this forum that said he would allow you to get more than 1 masterball, but it would be difficult...maybe that was a different hack.

I think he said he was at 6 rivals, but I'm not sure, and he might add more.

Questions like this I should probably let Zel answer, but I've got that darn answering bug again. In classes, on boards, I NEED SOMETHING TO ANSWER!! Gah...*smashes head against keyboard*
Old January 9th, 2007 (09:27 PM).
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
oh and also will this have EVERYTHING the old gold had with extras or are you leaving some stuff out?

It obviously won't have some things, such as day/night, mystery gift (in the way it was styled in GSC), and it probably won't have that one trainer place in Viridian City, where you could rebattle who you battled last with a link cable. It will have extras, though, like new rivals, obvious third gen stuff (Running shoes and stuff like that), and a new version is being released titled, Shiny Gold X, and it will be much harder. I also belive it was this forum that said he would allow you to get more than 1 masterball, but it would be difficult...maybe that was a different hack.

I think he said he was at 6 rivals, but I'm not sure, and he might add more.

Questions like this I should probably let Zel answer, but I've got that darn answering bug again. In classes, on boards, I NEED SOMETHING TO ANSWER!! Gah...*smashes head against keyboard*
Well i got one question if you want to answer it, why we need Mystery gift in the first place, and could zel possibly make a battle tower thing to replace the trainer area in Viridain?
Old January 9th, 2007 (10:29 PM).
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
To Zel, I Thought that ShinyGold will need a new Deoxys, so Here it is.
(pic in sig)

-Shiny Gold Deoxys (HP)-

<Base Stats>

HP---------- 190
Atk--------- 80
Def--------- 90
Sp. Atk----- 80
Sp. Def----- 90
Spd--------- 80

I am prepared to make backpics etc; if you wish.
Old January 9th, 2007 (10:49 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
XD Can't go away for some time, else I get a lot of stuff to answer XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slize View Post
BTW, Zel tell us, are you planing remake of POKEMON SILVER VERSION by modify SHINY GOLD?
There's really no sense at making a Silver version, since, well, the only reason Silver showed up was just to complete Nintendo's evil marketing strategy of needing two games to really complete the game... Ehhmmm... I won't talk too much about that, it's just some discrepancy I have with Nintendo... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marz View Post
Okay I've been wondering this ever since I've finished what we able to be finished in B2, when we start playing B3, will we have to re-start ALL OVER AGAIN from the beggining just to get to/past Olivine City's Lighthouse?
You can always try to see what happens, but I don't want to hear complains when things don't work as they should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_h View Post
Your question 'bout Kanto is answered in my FAQs. And the other thing, my motto is "If it happens in Gold, I'll do what I can to make it happen in SG", of course, a few things won't be possible... Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornicapus View Post
And if we can get the "Gs Ball" how will we get it (from some guy,rival,pokemon etc.)"
It's still not decided...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
oh and new banner! but this time, its not about shiny gold!
its about them PIRATES!!
ive seen lately alot of people with "SAY NO TO PIRATES" on their sigs, typed
well they dont have to anymore!

everyone is free to use it, SAY NO TO PIRATES!
Haha! Nice one, I think I'll add it to my signature also... Haha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurikenway View Post
Once again, the more screenshots you show, the more i want the hack to come sooner, in a way its kind of cruel(because you make all of us more eager), but at least your showing us how much progress you have made zel:D , btw how many more rivals do you think you have in this hack? About the berries, is there another way to gain more berries instead of collecting them from apricorn trees or is that havent been decided? Please show screenshots of the Tin Tower.
Another way of getting berries...? How about a Berry Shop in Kanto? (that's something I thought a lot ago, but since I was so far away from Kanto...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goku View Post
I agree with Shurikenway. Those screenshots really depict Johto like the original do, and Zel is working hard, just to give this Pokemon hacking world a good hack to play. Hey, may I ask, (and I'm not sure if this has been asked before, because I'm not bothered to go through this thread - it's one long thread) but under curiousity, since you're a Spanish0speaker, will there be a Spanish version of SG for all those Spaniards out there?
There's already a translated patch (made by Fedex) of B2, which is posted in WAH, courtesy of Sergio... Since soon B3 will be coming, I guess I'll need a new translation (this time Fedex is busy with his hack, so I can't bother him, so it may be a while...)

Quote:
Well i got one question if you want to answer it, why we need Mystery gift in the first place, and could zel possibly make a battle tower thing to replace the trainer area in Viridain?
Ehhmmm... I don't know... But Mystery Gift happened in Gold, so I had to put it, somehow... (I don't know about Mystery Gift in any version, by the way... :D)
The Trainer Area (that one where you battled against CAL, right?) will be in SG, so there's no need to replace it.

Cheer up guys! It's not that bad to restart... Take my example... I had to restart the adventure, and right now I'm enjoying two shinies...

Well... Let's see how many screenshots I have... Quite a lot yet... I'm gonna post a few more this time...

^this screenshot has a thunder right at that moment, of course, I was waiting for it... XD
Of course, two slight problems: I haven't sprited the Gyarados (I'd need its side and back sprites, and I'm always scared of using other people's sprites... if I don't really know them...), also Lance doesn't have his "walking" sprites, so he just... well, you can imagine it... XD
Just spriting issues... Don't get mad at me for not taking care of them yet, ok?

I've decided the official release date for SG and SGX, it's this next Sunday! So stay tuned! (This time I'll just upload it directly in the post. Take care of the List of Glitches, and also add a few FAQs to my unread list... XD)

Since it took me a lot of time to write this post, I can faint in peace...

Old January 9th, 2007 (11:13 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Awesome Zel, next Sunday! I simply cant wait 'til then. Well good luck with the rest of this amazing hack mate!
Old January 10th, 2007 (12:05 AM).
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Goku Goku
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel
I've decided the official release date for SG and SGX, it's this next Sunday! So stay tuned!
So that's the beta, right?! This will be great...! :D :D :D

Those screenies, yet again, doin't disappoint. I love it how there's a thunderstorm at Lake of Rage (really gives the place it's atmosphere), and who could forget TR?! This will be great! Kudos to you Zel!
Old January 10th, 2007 (01:26 AM).
Saken
Beginning Trainer

good work zel, once again nice screens. The screens look exact like the original pics
One q wats SGX (SG= ShinyGold but whats with the X?)

Giovanni....(and STILL leader of Viridian City gym)
Old January 10th, 2007 (01:58 AM).
Mr. Dragonite
Beginning Trainer

Hey, good work, Zel! Your hack is certainly turning out to be a masterpiece, and deserves to be the king of all Pokemon GSC remakes, if not all hacks! I wish I had your talent, so I could compete with you in hacking!

Don't worry about the PokeGear or time of day. Those features are not actually needed, but if you can fit them into the game somehow or other it would be great. But still, you actually don't have to if you can't. You could maybe take some advice from people working on it, like MasterMew, who tried to implement time in his game.

One question though: Who are those two people near the Lake of Rage? And I don't think you should use the name Rina, as that is already the name of a trainer in the official game. It's okay, however, if it's the same character.

I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I'll travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside
Pokemon!
It's you and me!
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Oh, you're my best friends,
In a world we must defend!

Pokemon!
A heart so true,
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I teach you
Pokemon!

Gotta catch'em all, Gotta catch'em all,
Pokemon!

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle everyday
To claim my rightful place!

Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
All in all, we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream
Pokemon!
It's you and me!
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Oh, you're my best friends,
In a world we must defend!

Pokemon!
A heart so true,
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I teach you
Pokemon!

I just love this song! If you don't know, it's the opening song of the first season of Pokemon!

Gotta catch'em all, Gotta catch'em all,
Pokemon![/sig-disable]
Old January 10th, 2007 (04:28 AM).
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss Giovanni View Post
good work zel, once again nice screens. The screens look exact like the original pics
One q wats SGX (SG= ShinyGold but whats with the X?)

Giovanni....(and STILL leader of Viridian City gym)

Shiny Gold X is just Shiny Gold, except it's harder.

Couldn't you just download two FR roms, then when B3 comes out, trade from B2 to B3? Or if you didn't use the permanent patch method, couldn't you just swap the patches?
Old January 10th, 2007 (04:48 AM).
ShinyLugia
Beginning Trainer

Zel i think you made a mistake, i think its rarecandybar and not ragecandybar. But i have to play gold for a LONG time so i may be mistaken.
Old January 10th, 2007 (04:52 AM).
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
Cool screen shots, zel!!
It's really looking authentic :D
And about time and PokeGear, didn't you say you might go working on a Crystal Emerald hack after SG, zel? It'd be a more suited game for those features I'd say. Btw, I really wish they'd hurry up and get the Tools Showcase and Documents/Tutorials-forums back up... Then I could try to learn hacking as well :D

Edit: @ShinyLugia: No, it's Ragecandybar.

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old January 10th, 2007 (06:11 AM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

to Mr.Dragonite: Well, about Rina, I like her name (ever heard about "Slayers"?, they gave Lina Inverse that name when they made the anime's translation here, in the south... And, I'm a bit fan of her... )

to furrypaws: I forgot to thank you for your "answering skills" before...
But about swaping or whatever, I said it... Do whatever you want, I think the best bet is to start again and trade your pokes to the new play, and if you have an important item, just make the poke hold it... (and I'm sure you'll crush the game this time... O.o)
Always keep in mind that I'm always fixing or adding stuff in parts of the previous Beta, which means tweaking some flags... so things could not work ok in future plays...

to ShinyLugia: Yes, it is RageCandyBar, since it relates to Lake of Rage...

to martijn: Hmm... Well, sometimes I say a lot of stuff when I'm confused, but right here, right now, the main goal is to complete SG for FR (before Uni starts again in March, if possible)

Well, I've made a lot of screenshots of Team Rocket's event in Mahogany, so I'll divide them into two parts. So here's the first part, I'll post the second a bit later today (since it's a free day for me today! :D)

Perhaps the mapping could be improved a little, I know... But, for now, this is what I've made. (There's plenty of time to fix mapping, anyway...)

That's all, see ya later!

Old January 10th, 2007 (06:22 AM).
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Cool, the screens seem quite matching to me.
But when Silver says "I'm furious that I lost to a bleeding heart like him.", I'm a bit puzzled. To what I can remember, he said something else on that point, but that could be me.

And about your reply to mine, it could be that someone else proposed that you should do that.

Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old January 10th, 2007 (06:53 AM).
Random
-

awesome screenshots zel, I like it how you took the tiles from the original TR hideout to make it look like how anyones saids "authentic" and blending, good mapping even though its not your favorite thing to do.

Why a Berry Shop in Kanto?... why not in Johto, i mean like to be able to have some of you own just in case if you run out of potions or fullheals? Just to help the character along. But if you idea is to change Kanto as much as you want it to be, and have it there to be as an extra opportunity, i support that too:D. All and all about berries, how many oran berries do you have to feed that sick miltank in Olivine?
Old January 10th, 2007 (07:08 AM).
Slize
Salamence's Trainer

Will you go to release 2 new betas in the same time, Zel? (Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X) What is the difference?
Old January 10th, 2007 (09:28 AM). Edited January 10th, 2007 by daniel_h.
daniel_h
Beginning Trainer

im guessing its going to have all pokemon in (because you said in first post lol) but i was just wondering...for pokemon that have to be traded to evolve...are you going to just give them a certain level to evolve at?

sorry for not reading the whole thread to find answers but it is 53 pages now lol.

p.s thanx for putting the celebi event in this game :D

*edit 2 lol*

is there any chance you could put in an event and maybe make a sprite to put the crystal onix in
Old January 10th, 2007 (10:06 AM).
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Quote:
Will you go to release 2 new betas in the same time, Zel? (Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X) What is the difference?
X = Harder version. Pokémon are higher in lvl.

Nice screenshots Zel. Can't wait for the weekend .

Old January 10th, 2007 (12:33 PM).
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_h View Post
im guessing its going to have all pokemon in (because you said in first post lol) but i was just wondering...for pokemon that have to be traded to evolve...are you going to just give them a certain level to evolve at?

sorry for not reading the whole thread to find answers but it is 53 pages now lol.

p.s thanx for putting the celebi event in this game :D

*edit 2 lol*

is there any chance you could put in an event and maybe make a sprite to put the crystal onix in
Most likely theres not going to be a crystal onix(if you thinking about the anime), this is a complete remake with a few more new rivals, and remixed dungeons. I dont think zel has yet put the celebi in the hack yet, cause he still has a long way to go for the hack to finish or needs to figure out when. Yes all the 386 in this game, zel said he would hack the pkmn lvl scripts in order to make them evolve so no worries there.
Old January 10th, 2007 (01:19 PM).
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

@daniel_h: No, he shouldn't put in the Crystal Onix, for that one you should play Pokemon Naranja (Orange).

Old January 10th, 2007 (02:25 PM).
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Zel, I come here and 2 sets of screenies! I didn't expect that! BOY do you ever Map fast. Mahogany looks great! Like, really great! and those stupid rockets making you pay... I've still got a grudge against them (I went in that place while playing Silver for the first time) I'll know not to go. You've made the script so that they charge you when you are going through the gate from North going South, not just South going North, right? Since they do that. TR base looks fine, don't worry about the tiles. I mean TR has much more the worry about then to make a base of theirs look "inviting" or "nice" (i.e. You, the hero). Everyone's got so many questions on SGX xD! You should really post it in the first post in bold what SGX is. It's a repeating question. Maybe you shouldn't have even mentionned it.

That's all from me.
Keep on hackin' that good ol' hacky hack... hack.

everlasting rivalry with murderface +
Old January 10th, 2007 (02:26 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martijn View Post
Cool, the screens seem quite matching to me.
But when Silver says "I'm furious that I lost to a bleeding heart like him.", I'm a bit puzzled. To what I can remember, he said something else on that point, but that could be me.

And about your reply to mine, it could be that someone else proposed that you should do that.
I'm respecting the dialogues almost at a 100%. Silver was talking about Lance, who blasted him... So Silver complains for a while and retires...

Quote:
Why a Berry Shop in Kanto?... why not in Johto, i mean like to be able to have some of you own just in case if you run out of potions or fullheals? Just to help the character along. But if you idea is to change Kanto as much as you want it to be, and have it there to be as an extra opportunity, i support that too:D. All and all about berries, how many oran berries do you have to feed that sick miltank in Olivine?
The two reasons for it being in Kanto are: first, there are a lot of things already in Johto, leaving Kanto quite boring; and second, there are way too much Berry Trees in Johto, compared to Kanto, so a Berry shop is much more useful in Kanto, than in Johto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slize View Post
The difference has been answered. And both of them will be released at the same time.
And, for now, SGX has edited trainer battles, I'm open to more suggestions to make the game more challenging...

The rest of the TR event in Mahogany screenshots...

And so the event ends, it's quite long... (Even longer was to script it... XD)

And, those two will be our sixth rival(s), names are Jess(girl) & Jamie(guy) (huh... ), my tribute to the worst team in the world... jaja!

As a side note: When you battle against them in Goldenrod it's gonna be the weirdest battle of all, since Jamie's Weezing will tend to use Selfdestruct, not only killing your pokes, but also Jess' , since he's sooooooo dumb... lol

Old January 10th, 2007 (02:27 PM).
furrypaws16
Trainer

Really? I thought he said there was going to be a special way to get their evos? Oh well...

Your welcome, all though I get the sense that you're mocking me...lol! jk! I wouldn't be offended if you were though...Just make the hack at your own pace...which is what you're doing...I need to stop using ...'s.
Old January 10th, 2007 (02:35 PM).
furrypaws16
Trainer

Woah...three in a row posts! btw, I see the revelance;

Jess=Jessie
Jamie=James

I think.

I can't wait to get a faster computer, so I can fully enjoy SG!! (Yes, frameskip set to two, music off)

I have a question that needs answering. Will you be the main rival throughout the entire game? (ie, you stalk, err...battle us throughout the entire game?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links