The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
This is the first decent hack since pokemon Brown by Coolboyman
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
slayeryu12
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to slayeryu12 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to slayeryu12
actually there are alot of other good hacks but this hack i beleive is the best
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayeryu12 View Post
actually there are alot of other good hacks but this hack i beleive is the best
true, i believe thats a fact more then an opinion, because this hack is the best because no one was able to finish a G/S/C remake, and zel is doing that for us with tons of hard work.:D

am i right or wrong?
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:06 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurikenway View Post
true, i believe thats a fact more then an opinion, because this hack is the best because no one was able to finish a G/S/C remake, and zel is doing that for us with tons of hard work.:D

am i right or wrong?
Right, this is the only G/S/C remake i think i ve seen

thats actually almost complete! everyones else stopped like at cherrygrove lol!

WAY TO GO ZEL! 3 CHEERS!
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Goku Goku
Well, Zel is one of the, or the, most dedicated hacker I've ever come across, and that's a fact! Also, Zel is remaking one of the best games in the world, and is going with it to the end. A true hacker.

Off-topic: In case you guys don't realise, "The One who writes in blue is always correct." isn't written in blue in my original post, thus it isn't a correct statement at all! LOL
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:37 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Goku Goku just started something up with his blueness wisdom. xD

idk why I am posting here... Zel hasn't updated anything, and basicly what we've said, or almost what we've said has been off topic xD. I'm just trying to get 100 posts! No wait I can't spam. Gotta be on topic.

Zel, good hack.

xD that made me laugh. I'm in a laughing mood. Spaming. DONT SPAM.

EDIT: 79 posts! 21 to go! xD
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:45 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

fuurypaws, i just did your equation and got 53?

so.....yeh

anyways zel! i jsut cant wait til you show more rivals so i can make more sigs! its fun making sigs! lol

man, i cant believe your almost done! i mean after ice cave is just that route down, then just mixed sum stuff in kanto and BAM! YOUR DONE! WOO HOO!
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Random
-

Geez guys dont bust on Goku Goku like that, im sure he didnt really mean it, So like marz said we shouldn't SPAM anymore, so i delete my other post for feeling like that.:\

Anyways, on topic, zel for future reference, do you think that the levels of the elite four are going to be around 70-90? Im just curious for Shiny Gold X?
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:51 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Geez guys dont bust on Goku Goku like that, im sure he didnt really mean it, So like marz said we shouldn't SPAM anymore, so i delete my other post for feeling like that.:\

Anyways, on topic, zel for future reference, do you think that the levels of the elite four are going to be around 70-90? Im just curious for Shiny Gold X?
you kno what i think sumone it E4 should have? in shiny gold x?

a lvl 120 or higher pkmn.

no joke.

since E4 is supposed to be hard, and shiny gold x is the hard version of the game, i say i would lke a even HARDER challenge! lol
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Jeez, how much rivals can you have? :\ Zel should bring in the fans/stalkers into ShinyGold as well. I know, Zel's nearly done, a success which will go down in Pokehacking History! And don't even think about it, you low-life pirates, you!

Hey, even though this isn't a 100% remake, will there still be a Trainer/Battle Tower or such post-league events in SG? And don't forget (fat) trainers wearing Pikachu suits! They would be ROTFLOL rivals/stalkers!

Furrypaws16, nodding is the right thing to do.

Spoiler:
Want to nod along? Then join in! [IMG*]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Sudowoodo12345I/yes.gif[/IMG*]

EDIT: You guys just keep posting, don't you? :\ I'm too slow...

RE-EDIT: Let's hope thing aren't impossibly hard in SGX - it would be better if rather than the massive level increase tactics have to be used (i.e. use a certain move to be able to defeat Pokemon). :\

Last edited by Goku Goku; January 11th, 2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:56 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goku View Post
Jeez, how much rivals can you have? :\ Zel should bring in the fans/stalkers into ShinyGold as well. [colo=gold]I know, Zel's nearly done, a success which will go down in Pokehacking History! And don't even think about it, you low-life pirates, you![/color]

Furrypaws16, nodding is the right thing to do.

Spoiler:
Want to nod along? Then join in! [IMG*]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Sudowoodo12345I/yes.gif[/IMG*]
you know what would be cool? (dude i think this post is kinda spamming but..)

you know zel im making a team rocket hack game, and i was jsut wondering, if you can, jsut a lil cameo of my rocket sprite i did! lol it would be cool! you dont hafta if you cant, just saying! lol!

EDIT: furrypaws, u were almost correct. i think up til like + 20, it was 13, so maybe you messed up 20, u prob meant, 2
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
Sorry if I really offended anyone, I was joking...

Level 120?! Erm...wouldn't that be messing around with the original pokemon scripts a little TOO much?

And the equation wasn't in blue. But I thought it equaled 15...

NO!!! NO NODDING!!! ARGH!! Dizzy...can't...stand...*falls over*

Don't think world I spinning should be that like.
Great why dont zel just make them all Lvl.100 without having to mess with level scripts.
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:01 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

I know, that's what I'm saying.

All though pokes can actually become up to level 255, it's just not very logical to break the box. In fact, as far as we know, to fit with the rising level scale, only the champ might have some 100's. We just have to wait for what Zel says.
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

Quote:
Great why dont zel just make them all Lvl.100 without having to mess with level scripts.
i guess that would work. im thinkin of dled sgx, i would like a challenge
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

I think Lv. 100 is just ridiculously too much! I think Zel ought to raise the Pokemon stats rather than level - I mean, it's quality (stats), not quantity (levels) .
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

hey i jsut thought

how bout red? in mt. silver?

can he have lvl 100 pkmn? i mena c''mon, we were him and i know we went all the way!

Im i right?
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goku View Post
I think Lv. 100 is just ridiculously too much! I think Zel ought to raise the Pokemon stats rather than level - I mean, it's quality (stats), not quantity (levels) .
Then it would be unfair to the pokemon you raised, cause its like giving your opponents an action replay. I mean by that is, if you and your opponent have the same pokemon at the same level... but if zel increases there stats insanely, it give an unfair advantage to yourself, so it wouldnt be much of a fun challenge if you lose?

EDIT: your right flipboi, i forget about red, yah thats a good idea, have red get all his poke at lvl 100. He's been around longer then any of the other trainers in future games.

RE-EDIT: thats a very good point archer, The Kanto Leaders should have room do anything before anything else ever reaches lvl. 100... sorry about getting caried away.

Last edited by Random; January 12th, 2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Elite four Shouldnt be Lv.100s coz that would leave no room for improvement for the kanto gym leaders, but i do think that after you beat the kanto leaders, the elite four should get harder and then you beat them to have access to Red and Mt. Silver.

Please Stop Spamming - That should go in the "Pointless mathematics arguements" thread
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Shiny_Latios
Trainer

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiny_Latios
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
thank you! i mean, in G/S/C

he's a bonus trainer! you dont hafta fight him or anything, you can battle him as long as you want, like sephiroth in kingdom hearts

so zel, could you make Red the hardest trainer EVER in the ENTIRE game?!?!?

offtopic: kinda bored, going to work on my hack
Why don't we have Carlos as the Hardest trainer in the game to give it that extra bit of change like FR/LG then it is only a simple change but it will still improve the game
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurikenway
Then it would be unfair to the pokemon you raised, cause its like giving your opponents an action replay. I mean by that is, if you and your opponent have the same pokemon at the same level... but if zel increases there stats insanely, it give an unfair advantage to yourself, so it wouldnt be much of a fun challenge if you lose?
You got a point there...I always jump into conclusions. My bad. But I didn't say raise the stats too much, did I? I guess the answer is to balance to the two (level and stats) and raise them evenly. I don't thimk SGX will be impossibly hard - it'll only be hard enough to be a challenge: that means more time spent on training and stragedy-planning, which shouldn't be too much of a pain. :\

Last edited by Pazuzu; January 12th, 2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old January 12th, 2007, 04:59 AM
daniel_h
Beginning Trainer

ok past all the spam lol

when you finish doing the johto region will kanto take much less time as it is already all in the game? so when you finish johto will the progress be much faster? just wondering.
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
O.O I swear last time I saw, I was at the page 55... O.O

Since there are too many posts, most likely I'll end up skipping some, since this time I'm not up to MQ every question post... I'll try my best...

But to tell you the truth guys, I got lost in the sea of posts you've made >_< Can someone make me a summary? lol

to the People who praised (or made comments on my Pryce sprite): Thanks, I'll try to improve it, or perhaps E.Marini will... :D (marz, his right hand is supposedly in a pocket)
I enjoyed the posts that said he looks like a young dude now, hahaha!!!

to those who started a mathematical thing: What? I don't know what was the point, but it started some discussion I didn't like... It seems... I'm still confused...

to people who posted irrelevant stuff: Don't do that, please, it just confuses me more, and I can't answer properly if I'm confused... Try also to keep your posts short, if you don't have much to say, that's preferable. (And if you don't have anything to say... Just don't say anything... I've seen people ranting about off-stopic stuff to just, at the end say only a "good luck zel", or similar, and I'd prefer if you wouldn't do that). Thanks!
By the way, I'll call a mod to see if they can get some time to do a clean-up. I don't like when people wants to gain posts just by spamming >:o

to people who wanted something about the E4: I still haven't reached, but the LVs in SGX are about 50 for now, so probably they'll be between 70&80. Obviously I'll never go up the Lv100... And, about Red, since he's kinda like the final battle, he'll be most likely at Lv100, in SGX, of course. Haha!, Obviously I'll be at Lv100 also!!! XD

to flipboi, and his banner's fans: I think filboi said he started a thread, right? Well, go post opinions about his work over there. This is not a banner's opinion thread... Even when the banners are for Shiny Gold...

to the rest of the people who posted a nice comment about the hack: Well, what else? Thank you!

cgnius: The policeman is irrelevant to the game, thus unworthy of a cameo...

daniel_h: Kanto's development is not as quick as you think, yes, the mapping is mainly done, but, still I want to make it look more like G/S, instead as how it looks in FR.
The main point though, is to think new stuff to put in Kanto, meaning lots of scripting, which takes more time than mapping (at least, to me...)

slayeryu: Yes, the Magikarp guy gives you the exact same item if you show him a bigger Magikarp: a silly Ether...

archer: The Coin Case should be somewhere around the Underground Goldenrod, hopefully... Keep looking...

Goku Goku (I don't know how I found a question between so many spammy posts from a lot of people): I haven't modified the Battle Tower, so it is available yet for me to put it wherever I want.
_________

I really wanted to post screenshots this time, but I had to waste a lot of time skipping spammy posts, and trying to find what to answer. Now, I need to go and don't have enough time to post the screenshots. I'll repeat Do not ever do this again!, or I'll get serious... >:o

Old January 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
tphi
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Rash
Well, Zel, your hack beat all records of post/hours :D

Sure it's impressive ! Can't wait before tomorrow !
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
Well, to be honest, I do think Red is strong enough, since his team also has heavy duties like Snorlax, which are quite hard to beat. See his full team on Serebii.
Seriously, zel, please don't overdo it with SGX, I'd advise you to carefully choose levels from 70-90, when you reach the end of the game, but not over level 90.

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM
hacker_lover
Beginning Trainer

Guys I need help!! When I am playing the game I can't save properly!! What's happening?? And how can I solve this?? please help me
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here