The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM
scf
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
same here man. You should make a trailer of this ;D
Old October 11th, 2006, 09:53 PM
beauty. proletariat
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
Zel... u are one MAD ROM HACKER!!!!! Holy i've never seen this much quality EVER... Yeah, I used to be a regular here a whiole ago, and i've been scanning throught the pages for a while and ur game has put me BACK TO ACTION! I'm gonna be back here, thanks to u.... ><
Nyways, from the first page (lol) i see that you have GREAT talent.. And I think If Nintendo dosent make this into an official game (with some changes); They dont know how well this Generation can go.... Oh, and They were (nintendo) gonna stop making pkmn games after the FRED and LGREEN; but hey, they changed their mind... Oh well, GOOD LUK WITH THIS .ROM!!!!!

Last edited by Pazuzu; October 12th, 2006 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Watch the language!
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:14 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scf View Post
same here man. You should make a trailer of this ;D
A trailer? Why should I? The next beta is coming soon (estimated at next month). Besides, I'll start posting screenshots again even sooner.

As long as I can get some free time, as I always end up saying...

Thanks for your confidence!
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:39 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Speaking of Olivine City, What about the Whirlpools between Cianwood city and Olivine City. Whirlpool has been stopped as a HM since Ruby version.
Old October 12th, 2006, 03:18 PM
scf
Beginning Trainer

alright awesome =D can't wait
Old October 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by insectduel View Post
Speaking of Olivine City, What about the Whirlpools between Cianwood city and Olivine City. Whirlpool has been stopped as a HM since Ruby version.
Yea, since the 3rd Gen of Pkmn games, whirlpool has became useless. It's still available as a HM for FR/LG(I think) but since there aren't any whirpools in any 3rd Gen game, its just an ordinary move with no other use. You could remove the whirlpools from the Whirl Islands(or whatever they're called) but then that would take out the Whirl from Whirl Islands(not that it really matters, Im sure most people just wanna get Lugia whatever way possible)

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old October 12th, 2006, 07:13 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Don't worry people! Whirlpools will be in Whirl Islands, but to be able to "cross" them (did I use the word ok?), you'll need a special item gotten obviously in the Gym you would get the Whirlpool HM (Mahogany, if I remember correctly). You get the badge and the item. Once you have that item, whirlpools wont stop you anymore (That's the idea, and pretty easy to script too)
Old October 13th, 2006, 02:50 AM
RKO1125
Beginning Trainer

You've even figured out how to make the whirlpools possible?! You seem to have all of this figured out. I'm still very impressed with your work and the fact that you still work on it quite often. Keep going strong Zel and I'll keep watching along the way. I'm just so glad to see a Gold remake that wasn't scrapped during scripting!
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Great job!

Is there going to be a move called whirlpool at all?

Keep up the good work!

Old October 13th, 2006, 12:11 PM
scf
Beginning Trainer

actually you get whirlpool after you beat team rocket in mohogany town
Old October 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

OK, then I'll give the item after beating TR in Mahogany, but in order to use it you'd need to defeat the Gym. That's as close as possible. And, no, there wont a be a move for your poke to use whirlpool. You just need to have the item, and defeat the Gym. that's all.

I'd like to work on it as often as you say, RKO1125. That's not true (at least as often as I'd like), but I work whenever I get any free time, I dont do any other thing besides working on the hack.

PS: I just replaced the trainer in the Oak intro to show the hero (I guess I'm not caring too much about the heroine, eh?), it may not be really impressive, but at least it's something. I'll post it when the screenshots time come.
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:40 PM
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

Take your time with that, you've done a lot so far....once Mahogany is done, all you need to do is create the maps for the route that lead to the ice cave, the ice cave itself, Blackthorn, the route south of Blackthorn(and the caves there too),The Pokemon League and then you're done for the Johto segment, and free to decide whether or not you wanna add Kanto into the game.

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old October 14th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Umm......... Hes using the Sevii Islands to make Johto, without touching Kanto so he CAN put Kanto in the game, and all he would need to do for Kanto is some scripting, a little changes here and there, and WOILA! Kanto in three years is born!

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old October 14th, 2006, 10:31 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Yes, that's right. All I'd need to do is give Kanto a "refresh", and scripting (well, there are not many things to do in Kanto, that allows me to be a little creative and add a few new things, hehe)

By the way, now I've changed the battle back for the hero (forget the heroine), with the sprites provided earlier (I'm gonna give credit, dont worry!). But I seem to be needing something this time. So all of you spriters over there, pay attention!

Right now I'd need an overworld sprite for a Miltank (for the Moomoo farm). It would have to be front, back, and sides (standing on four legs, if possible). Anyone up to the task, you may post it here or send it via PM. I'll give credit to the best work.

Having that, I'd have all I wanted to end the second beta. Then, I'll play & test the game once again, take the new screenshots. Then I'll keep working till I reach Cianwood, and post those screenshots.

Well, that's all. I'm gonna be busy again till next Thursday, but I may have some free time, I hope so. See ya!
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:49 AM
sahil
Mewtwo Hunter

it is very pleasing to hear that you put alot of work in this project, but i still got 1 question: are you going to let the starters be catched?

So i'm just an experiment... a copy
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Hey i have an Idea, How about your character, lives in Kanto, and after you face Red (in Mt.Silver), then your character goes to Mt. Silverand you have a 2 on 2 battle with Red and your guy, xD

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old October 14th, 2006, 12:18 PM
3adaadk
Beginning Trainer

With the things you're gonna change in Kanto, PLEASE put the Safari Zone in!!!
Just so that i know, are all 386 pokemon gonna be in there?

By the way - great hack, keep it going, cant wait to play the finished game

Last edited by Pazuzu; October 14th, 2006 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Do NOT doublepost!
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM
dipset4ever
Pokemon Hacker in the Making

zel, I know you said this isnt going to be a 100% gold remake, so i have a question

How is Kanto going to be in this game? is is going to be left unchanged or are are you gonna give it the 3 years later treatment aswell?
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:16 PM
scf
Beginning Trainer

he already said he is gonna change somethings. Anyways I might try the miltank later
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil View Post
it is very pleasing to hear that you put alot of work in this project, but i still got 1 question: are you going to let the starters be catched?
Affirmative, some will be catched (they'll be super rare). Some will be gotten by other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
Hey i have an Idea, How about your character, lives in Kanto, and after you face Red (in Mt.Silver), then your character goes to Mt. Silverand you have a 2 on 2 battle with Red and your guy, xD
Probably my character would never join with Red (they'd end up fighting themselves before battling against the player... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3adaadk View Post
All poke are gonna be in. And about the Safari Zone, probably it'll be open, but in another region (in Gold, Kanto's SZ is closed, and so will be in this hack)

I'm requesting the miltank overworld again (just in case you didnt read the previous page...). It would have to be front, back and sides (standing on four if possible). You may post them here or PM them to me. Thanks for your time!
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Hmmm.. I never sprited before, but i will try, just because I would love to be some part of this hack! xD

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old October 15th, 2006, 01:27 AM
BlackRainbow*
Pokemon Coralo Version ?

this is really nice hack
i love that scripts
but your maps ar really bed sry
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:04 AM
3adaadk
Beginning Trainer

ok - so safari zone will be back
and 'all poke will be in'
does this include the ones from pearl/diamond, if you can get their sprites?
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:00 AM
dipset4ever
Pokemon Hacker in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3adaadk View Post
ok - so safari zone will be back
and 'all poke will be in'
does this include the ones from pearl/diamond, if you can get their sprites?
no its only going to include up to the 3rd generation... If you want him to spend a whole year on this just putting in 4th generation PKMN you are sadly mistaken

The english version hasnt even come out yet and not everything about the 4th gen pkmn have been solved yet so theres no point in putting them in... srry buddy but im sure 386 is the limit
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:05 AM
andreas2
typhlosion master trainer

what? the maps are really bad?? NO WAY!! these maps are just perfect!! this hack is the best, it's my favourite!! keep up good work!! it's great!!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here