The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2006 (05:40 AM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas2 View Post
what? the maps are really bad?? NO WAY!! these maps are just perfect!! this hack is the best, it's my favourite!! keep up good work!! it's great!!
Do you have to yell so much? *rubs ears* That sounded kinda spammy...
I'll try to throw together some Miltank OWs, Zel. KUTAW!

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old October 16th, 2006 (06:47 AM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, yeah. I know my maps aren't, as some people could call, great. Just remember I'm not mainly a mapper. I'm mainly a scripter (learning to map, weird, eh?).
Besides, I'm trying to fix a few maps for the next release (but there's gonna be more... glitches?... in my new maps, that's for sure). I fixed some other stuff like being able to walk behind houses (not all of them).

Well, work is being delayed till Thursday. That allows spriters to keep working on a Miltank. That sprite is necessary to keep going and for me to finish the beta.

That's all, see ya later!

[EDIT] Oops, once again I forgot one question, even though dipset4ever already answered, I'm just confirming it. There wont be 4th generation poke. Wait... My memory says I already said this? (That's right I did!)
Old October 16th, 2006 (07:05 AM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena82 View Post

some overworld sprites
Thanks sena82, I need Miltank's back and sides, is that possible?
Old October 16th, 2006 (07:06 AM).
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Nature: Adamant
I dont think I can,but if I recall the miltank sprite in the original GS didnt have a back sprite and I think it would be better if it didnt ave a side and back sprite,it would be less work.
Old October 16th, 2006 (08:03 AM).
flash boy
Hacking since 2006

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flash boy Send a message via Yahoo to flash boy
Wow, wow nice this is an amazing piece of work keep it up.
Old October 16th, 2006 (08:08 AM).
Rune
Defender of the Old Order

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Rune
I think Moomoo didn't move at all
Old October 16th, 2006 (09:51 AM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sena82 View Post
I dont think I can,but if I recall the miltank sprite in the original GS didnt have a back sprite and I think it would be better if it didnt ave a side and back sprite,it would be less work.
That's true that the Pokémon had no back/side OWs in G/S/C, but in this remake, there should be OWs for all sides, since this is an Advance port. FR/LG had back/side OWs that R/G/B/Y didn't, so the trend should be held.

Poke my eggs?
Old October 16th, 2006 (04:53 PM).
Red1530

Nature: Bold
I just saw the latest screenshots and they are great.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old October 17th, 2006 (12:12 AM). Edited October 17th, 2006 by Mr Snrub.
Mr Snrub
I bark therefore I am

Location: Glorious nation of Kazakhstan (Really Western Australia)
hey there Zel!

I have been following this hack for a while and I thought since you said you weren't too flash with mapping, I thought I'd offer to help out.

I mapped for Amnesiahacker's cancelled Ruby gold remake.

I'll make you a few maps later if you like you know, as a sample of work. If you are not interested that's fine.

I'll post maps later.

Cheers

Snrub

P.S This looks like the only G/S remake that looks like getting finished. You seem to be an excellent scripter so keep it up! I don't even really understand what scripting is and I'm stumped what you do with Rubikon, ScriptEd or a hex editor!

EDIT: Here is my Mahogany map I just made. The black squares are for those little Headbutt trees. If there is anything you'd like me to change to make the map look better, just tell me. Also, tell me if you'd like me to help do mapping for this hack. Even better, send me a Private Message. You can use this Mahogany map if you like. If you want me to insert the map for you, maybe you can e-mail me the game file and I can insert the map.

EDIT #2: If you'd like me to make another map, just ask. I'm better at routes that towns/cities.
Old October 17th, 2006 (05:16 AM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lucario View Post
That's true that the Pokémon had no back/side OWs in G/S/C, but in this remake, there should be OWs for all sides, since this is an Advance port. FR/LG had back/side OWs that R/G/B/Y didn't, so the trend should be held.
That's right. I'd like the pokes that aren't legendary or one-of-a-kind that I put in the game to have their OW sprites for front, back, and sides (no animation, of course). That may be difficult, but if there are good spriters somewhere, that may test their skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snrub View Post
hey there Zel!

I have been following this hack for a while and I thought since you said you weren't too flash with mapping, I thought I'd offer to help out.

I mapped for Amnesiahacker's cancelled Ruby gold remake.

I'll make you a few maps later if you like you know, as a sample of work. If you are not interested that's fine.

I'll post maps later.

Cheers

Snrub
Thanks for the help offered, Mr.Snub. I have done a good amount of maps by now, and there aren't too many maps left to do (that's what I think). So for now, I'd only need people to contribute by telling me what should be fixed in my maps. Then again, I'm not caring too much about that aspect right now, since, as many times I said, scripting comes first (that's harder to fix than mapping). Thanks anyway!
Old October 17th, 2006 (10:04 AM).
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
*Bops head*

I forgot about the headbutting trees in GSC. Does it contain Wild Pokemon here too.
Old October 17th, 2006 (10:09 AM).
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snrub View Post
EDIT: Here is my Mahogany map I just made. The black squares are for those little Headbutt trees. If there is anything you'd like me to change to make the map look better, just tell me. Also, tell me if you'd like me to help do mapping for this hack. Even better, send me a Private Message. You can use this Mahogany map if you like. If you want me to insert the map for you, maybe you can e-mail me the game file and I can insert the map.

EDIT #2: If you'd like me to make another map, just ask. I'm better at routes that towns/cities.
Uhh... you screwed up on the Gym also, the sides should be 4 squares up/down alltogether on each side, and you have only 3 on each side, looks funny,

Anyway, any progress report Zel?

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old October 17th, 2006 (08:09 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Hmm... A progress report... Not too much till Thursday. I'm changing the hero's OW for the next beta. If by Thursday I dont get a Miltank, I'll use sena82's sprite (at least temporarily, I'd like to get a sprite with back and sides too). With that, I'll finish the beta, so I'll take screenshots. Then continue mapping and scripting (this weekend) till I reach Cianwood.

All of this means, next week I should start (hopefully) posting screenshots again!
Old October 18th, 2006 (12:09 AM).
Mr Snrub
I bark therefore I am

Location: Glorious nation of Kazakhstan (Really Western Australia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
Uhh... you screwed up on the Gym also, the sides should be 4 squares up/down alltogether on each side, and you have only 3 on each side, looks funny,

Anyway, any progress report Zel?
I am aware of that. My map is block-by-block carbon copy of Gold.

If you'd like me to correct that, it's easy, I'll just have to extend the map about 1 or 2 blocks and stretch the path in the middle.

You know, I'll do that now. I'll post the new map in a minute. Hopefully the new one is enough to tickle Zel's fancy

EDIT: I've just read Zel's post, so Iguess I don't need to do another one.

EDIT #2: Zel, if there are any maps that need doing, just ask. I'm more than happy to help
Old October 18th, 2006 (03:05 AM). Edited October 18th, 2006 by martijn.
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
Hi, great work on this hack, zel! It's one off the best hacks I've seen yet.
Just a suggestion, even though some other games have been made for this, but would it be an idea to add the Orange Islands in? It would fit better with the series' GS Ball storyline and all. And could you perhaps put in some other islands, towns seen in the series?
As a sidenote: I know you can get all the Pokemon in this game, but are the Ruins of Alph a good location to get Igglybuff?
Anyway, keep up the good work!
*** adding a bookmark ***
Edit: One more thing, you can't use an Escape Rope in Sprout Tower...
Edit2: Whoohooh! I've just encountered a lvl 1 Mudkip in Union Cave(?)!
Old October 18th, 2006 (07:35 AM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

There, I finished the basic spriting of the new hero OW. I'll post it:

Now it looks more hero-ish, dont you think? I just need to finish its sprites for surfing and fishing. Well, I'll post the rest of the sprites when I take the screenshots.

I may try to sprite a Miltank myself later, dont know how good it'll be (if I dont pull out a good one, I'll use sena's)
Old October 18th, 2006 (08:56 AM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Wow, Sena82, those are pretty good!
I happily await the next beta of SG! KUTAW, Zel!

Poke my eggs?
Old October 18th, 2006 (11:06 AM).
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Awesome job so far, zel! Keep up the good work.
I see sena82 keeps posting sprites and other stuff as his/her own work or his friend's when they're not his/hers. For example, the hero and heroine's backsprites sena82 posted are made by Gridiron and many other graphics made by other members. So I think sena82 should stop posting other's work saying it's his/hers and if he/she posts graphics sena82 should post who made them so that zel can give the proper credit if he uses them.
November 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old October 18th, 2006 (04:06 PM).
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Great hack. I've played up to Azalia town and beat the rival there. I have a level 16 Bayleef and level 17 Flaafy and level 14 Pidgey on my team currently. (Oh and the egg.)

Can't wait for the next beta release. Keep up the awesome work.
Old October 18th, 2006 (04:28 PM).
UNO
Beginning Trainer

thanks dude. keep up the good work
Old October 18th, 2006 (04:46 PM).
Hiroki
¬¬

Send a message via AIM to Hiroki Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hiroki Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroki
I actually beleive that this hack will be finished, i's going really well. :D
Old October 18th, 2006 (06:18 PM).
kkkk
Shiny Gold Fan

Wow! This hack is great! do you think that the new demo will be finished at the end of this month? I've played the first demo five times, I actually love it. The g/s/c versions are my favourites pokemon games but today I never want to play them because of the graphics, so a remake version is my dream!
Good look.
Old October 18th, 2006 (11:01 PM).
Br26
Beginning Trainer

On a side note..

I like the work that has been done on this hack so far; definately reminds me of Johto. Also, the new rival is pretty interesting.

Was I the only one who noticed the Mawille in Union Cave?
Old October 19th, 2006 (12:23 AM).
sahil
Mewtwo Hunter

are you sure you're gonna make the surfingsprite by yourself.
because it is very hard to make lapras.

So i'm just an experiment... a copy
Old October 19th, 2006 (01:27 AM).
Hellcat
Beginning Trainer

I think Shiny Gold is the best hack remake of GS, but I just don't like the overworld sprite of the hero, definetly don't look like GS hero, especially the hair's color...that's the only problem.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links