The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Thanks Zel, I made them awhile ago, I'm much better at spriting and recoloring now.

Who would have thought that this thread would be up to 90 pages and over 2000 posts when you first decided to post it, truely amazing Zel. You are raising in the ranks of the all time greatest Poke-Rom hackers.

It's amazing how far you've come, you have inspired many new hackers and helped many more. I think you are doing a fantastic job on this hack and I can't wait to see it completed.

Congrats Zel on the Great work. Keep it up.

-Darthatron
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Alright, I've actually made time to play this game quite thoroughly, and there are two glitches that I haven't seen mentioned, which I have encountered.

1. The rocket guards that are guarding the entrance to Lake of Rage, once you pay, and you talk to the male one, he will have the same script as Nurse Joy, and will heal your pokemon. After, his sprite changes to a nerd type sprite. I will post a screen if you want, and the other rocket, talks like one of the people in a Pokecenter. Should get that fixed, lol.

2. Now, I'm not sure if the above glitch effects this or not, but the Gyarados sprite in Lake of Rage is the main character's main sprite just standing there and when I talk to it, it commences the Gyarados battle. Now, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that sprite, or if the above glitch messes around with it, but it's a glitch nonetheless.

If any of the above glitches were mentioned, then I apoligize. But their appearances are odd.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old February 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM
CharFeralScep
Beginning Trainer

hey just wanna say huge fan, congrats to everyone who has contributed into making this, having a lot of fun...anyway just wanted to ask how full are everyone's dex's? Also is there anyway to catch a bagon or larvitar or would u have to trade or somethin?

Thanks.
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
Alright, I've actually made time to play this game quite thoroughly, and there are two glitches that I haven't seen mentioned, which I have encountered.

1. The rocket guards that are guarding the entrance to Lake of Rage, once you pay, and you talk to the male one, he will have the same script as Nurse Joy, and will heal your pokemon. After, his sprite changes to a nerd type sprite. I will post a screen if you want, and the other rocket, talks like one of the people in a Pokecenter. Should get that fixed, lol.

2. Now, I'm not sure if the above glitch effects this or not, but the Gyarados sprite in Lake of Rage is the main character's main sprite just standing there and when I talk to it, it commences the Gyarados battle. Now, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that sprite, or if the above glitch messes around with it, but it's a glitch nonetheless.

If any of the above glitches were mentioned, then I apoligize. But their appearances are odd.
Ok im confused about one thing, did you or did you not, play the 3.5 beta version, cause it seems you playing beta 3, those glitches were long known, and a lot of them were fixed. In beta 3, zel didnt want to bother with the gyarados, and ampharos sprites, but that has change now in 3.5. Anyways thats what it seems like to me, i would suggest either downloading the new patch, or waiting for the next one to be released. Up to you.
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharFeralScep View Post
hey just wanna say huge fan, congrats to everyone who has contributed into making this, having a lot of fun...anyway just wanted to ask how full are everyone's dex's? Also is there anyway to catch a bagon or larvitar or would u have to trade or somethin?

Thanks.
I don't know about bagon but larvitar you can get at the game corner as a prize.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Kouki Cheong
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kouki Cheong
I like your hack Zel! I'm your fans too!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Hmm.. B3.5? I never knew there was one... I suppose in my absence, I missed it. Well I'll download now,

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old February 9th, 2007, 02:41 PM
rune the 1st
......................... .....

Wait is the gyrados shiny?
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Not yet, I don't think zel has figured out shiny scripting yet. It would help if there were a shiny event in FR. He'll get it though, lol. After all, he is zel.

everlasting rivalry with murderface +
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:52 PM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Is this the most populer hack or what.
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Yea, there is a shiny event, you know the trainer tower on seven Island? Well, you face a few shinies in there.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old February 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
Yea, there is a shiny event, you know the trainer tower on seven Island? Well, you face a few shinies in there.
Thats a trainer event, it's a little more complicated, I find.

Old February 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Luиαrglοω
Yuuko ftw 8D

Zel the genius will figure it out somehow xD I don't know anything about inserting pokemon, but if there are glitch spots between Celebi and Treecko, I bet he could use one of those to make a 'red Gyarados'. You know what I mean, change the glitch sprite to a shiny Gyarados sprite, make the pokedex entry, stats, moves and stuff the same? I guess it would be a lot of work... But, I don't even know if those exist in FRLG. I'm not experienced with that kind of stuff xD

...what'd i miss? *shot*
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:20 PM
rune the 1st
......................... .....

So I have another question how come the female sprite looks black (not being rasist)
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:28 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune the 1st View Post
So I have another question how come the female sprite looks black (not being rasist)
Palette difficulties. Palettes change the set colors to whack other ones.

Old February 9th, 2007, 06:17 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
CharFeralScep: For now there's no way to catch a Bagon, so you'll have to wait a few betas to get it in-game, I think.

F.L.Y.: I know of that possibility, it's the last chance if there's no other way, because, it won't really be a shiny (and I doubt the game would really recognize it as a Gyarados, but, perhaps, Pokemon Amplifier can do a lot of stuff)

That's all (the rest has already been answered by loyal guys ) Well, I want the puzzles of Victory Road to be a bit complicated, so I'm busy with that (but I've finished the mapping), oh! don't forget to bring pokes with almost all hms (cut, rock smash, surf, strength, whirlpool and waterfall), because you'll need all of them to be sucessful and reach the league!

Maybe I'll make a screenie of Blackthorn's Gym tomorrow (it's been a while since I posted something from the game)

Old February 9th, 2007, 06:21 PM
slayeryu12
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to slayeryu12 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to slayeryu12
wow awesome man make those puzzles really challenging their always fun anyway your doing an awesome job can't wait to see blackthorn gym

Check out my poem: Right here
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
CharFeralScep: For now there's no way to catch a Bagon, so you'll have to wait a few betas to get it in-game, I think.

F.L.Y.: I know of that possibility, it's the last chance if there's no other way, because, it won't really be a shiny (and I doubt the game would really recognize it as a Gyarados, but, perhaps, Pokemon Amplifier can do a lot of stuff)

That's all (the rest has already been answered by loyal guys ) Well, I want the puzzles of Victory Road to be a bit complicated, so I'm busy with that (but I've finished the mapping), oh! don't forget to bring pokes with almost all hms (cut, rock smash, surf, strength, whirlpool and waterfall), because you'll need all of them to be sucessful and reach the league!

Maybe I'll make a screenie of Blackthorn's Gym tomorrow (it's been a while since I posted something from the game)
No prob, zel! Heheh... Oh god, no! Not all the hm's! I hate teaching my pokes HMs! Especially ones like Rock Smash and Flash... zel... PLEASE keep it to useful battle HMs like Surf, Strength, Whirlpool is fine, since it was an in-direct gift, Waterfall I understand. And, since we're in a cave, why would we need cut? Unless you plan on having vegetation in this cave... What other HMs are there... Fly, will we need Fly? Of course not... That's it! Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash and Waterfall (Whirlpool is only a TM in FR).

Anyways... don't make us need the useless-in-battles HMs... You can be so mean sometimes

Old February 9th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Yaziyo
Everyone's favourite Arab

Location: Sitting in front of a bar shouting out obscenities.
If that is the case with the HMs then instead of ruining your party with smelly moves, just bring like 2 good pokemon in your team and fill the rest with HM slaves
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaziyo View Post
If that is the case with the HMs then instead of ruining your party with smelly moves, just bring like 2 good pokemon in your team and fill the rest with HM slaves
I raise more then 2 good pokemon. I raise about 4-5 good pokemon, of various types. Ampharos <3

Old February 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Angelic Diablo
Scyther >> You

you can still get some pretty good HM slaves though, Lotad should be the most useful one, he can learn cut, surf, waterfall and whirlpool, then grab a machop or something for strength and rock smash and you should be alright
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Yeaa, right now, My team is Feraligatr, Graveler, Butterfree, Charmeleon. My HM slave is Spearow (from the guard (Also, the nickname is supposed to be Speary )). I always leave my sixth slot empty, because that's what Gary did up until he challenged the elite four. So, I shall carry his legacy. (Also, it's good for when I catch pokemon and see their stats in the field).

For now, let's discuss our current SG team, (not levels because it's bad to brag) until we see the new screens, xD

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old February 9th, 2007, 08:22 PM
CharFeralScep
Beginning Trainer

My team is: Charizard, Sceptile, Scizor, Feraligatr (a.k.a Aquaman :D), Aerodactyl and either Ampharos/Tyranitar

Wouldnt mind getting a Salamence though...
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:42 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Hm.. let me go check out my two SG saves. I played it twice for fun. You'll see it's basically the same thing, hold on.

First save:
Pidgeotto
Whiscash
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Sudowoodo
--empty--

Second save:
Ampharos
Scyther
Whiscash
Feraligatr
Nidorino
Pidgeotto

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
CharFeralScep
Beginning Trainer

I just wanted to get amphy as like an electric type, what is your view on it? Any good? What are some good moves it learns?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links