The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:56 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Advertise here
Quote:
And we all know that... If everything fails, we can create a new poke to "make it look" like a Shiny Gyarados.
If zel makes a new pokemon that looks like a shiny gyarados what happens when you breed it?
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweevee View Post
If zel makes a new pokemon that looks like a shiny gyarados what happens when you breed it?
If it would probably might look the same once you evolve it into a gyarados, because zel would replace the regular gyarados sprite, to input a shiny look-a-like in. Unless he has his ways of scripting.
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:00 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweevee View Post
First of all, you ignored my post

Second of all, you have a very good point. That, and, how weird would it look to see Gyarados (obviously zel won't actually name is Red Gyarados) #387 on the stat screen?
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM
userpr
Quilava Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marz View Post
First of all, you ignored my post

Second of all, you have a very good point. That, and, how weird would it look to see Gyarados (obviously zel won't actually name is Red Gyarados) #387 on the stat screen?
Im not sure but isn't it possible to work it out like the unowns so that it shares the same pokedex data as the normal gyarados, and he could just name it Gyrados and breeding should be pretty easy if it works similarly to evolution.
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:11 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by userpr View Post
Im not sure but isn't it possible to work it out like the unowns so that it shares the same pokedex data as the normal gyarados, and he could just name it Gyrados and breeding should be pretty easy if it works similarly to evolution.
Another smart idea. But you know how you need a special Pokedex upgration to access the UnknownDex? What a waste of space just for one subDex of a Gyarados. It doesn't seem all that worth it, if we have space on the ROM, then it could work out. I suggest zel keep that idea in mind.

EDIT: Gyarados Pokedex = GyaraDex :D
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:11 PM
slayeryu12
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to slayeryu12 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to slayeryu12
well i dn't see the need to breed (rhymed) gyarados i mean as long as you have a shiny one does it matter?

Check out my poem: Right here
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayeryu12 View Post
well i dn't see the need to breed (rhymed) gyarados i mean as long as you have a shiny one does it matter?
True, cause when you breed with a shiny, the chances of hatching one, are still the same even as you breed with a normal gyarados. So one shiny gyarados is good enough, at least for me.
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
userpr
Quilava Trainer

Quote:
Well if you wanted some moves on it that can only be gained through TMs you could breed it with other pokemon to pass the move on, and also you might want an army of Red Gyarados, if you like it that much.
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:16 PM
slayeryu12
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to slayeryu12 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to slayeryu12
heh i don't think many people want an army of red gyarados but ok

Old February 13th, 2007, 06:17 PM
userpr
Quilava Trainer

Quote:
heh i don't think many people want an army of red gyarados but ok
Personally i wouldn't suggest it or go for it myself, but were forgetting that in the end it all comes down to zel
Old February 13th, 2007, 06:19 PM
slayeryu12
Trainer

yea and zel did say red gyarados isnt' his priotity so i guess we should discuss something else

hey zel will karate king be in the next beta so we can get a tyroge after beating him?

yea what going to ahppen with myster gift anything to replace it?

Last edited by Pazuzu; February 14th, 2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Merged
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:45 PM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Are you going to add new areas to Kanto?
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Angelic Diablo
Scyther >> You

I think he confused Lance and Drake, but yes there is a Dragon trainer in every elite four up to date... seems kinda silly since most people expect that so they bring along an Ice Beam somewhere in their team

Slicer the level 46 Scyther!
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:33 PM
vx4theflash
Let's play with my fire!

Maybe Zel can change the MissingNo. totally like a Gyarados,but sprite is a red one.Anyway,it won't appear in Pokedex.But I don't know how will Zel change the Dex information when I catch it(Another crazy idea,huh?)
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:59 PM
cgnius
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I'm not too sure about how Zel could get a shiny gyarados into the game, but as for making it red, perhaps he could get some ideas from pokemon naranja? there were a few pokemon in there with different colours. I don't care too much about whether its shiny or not, even though it was shiny in GSC, but for the purposes of the storyline, it should at least be red.
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
STARTER MASTER, do not spam. You have double posted on two occasions and also posted things which have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

I suggest you read the rules before posting again.

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Old February 14th, 2007, 04:06 AM
muckers
Beginning Trainer

This hack is absolutely awesome. Words can't express it - you, Zel, are a genius!

This is actually the only hack I've played that I've considered good enough to put on my Flash Advance - I want to play it that much.

Now the butt-kissing is out of the way...confession time. I read the FAQ on the first post and there was a questions saying "What's that 'Your mom is so fat' thing?". Well...if the line was "Your mum is so fat she eats children (etc. etc.)" then I believe that's my doing.

When FireRed FIRST came out, I made a dump of the cart when I bought it and, as a kind of proof of concept to show my friends that rom hacking is indeed possible, I hacked those lines with a childish retort.

I forgot about it, and began putting the rom, along with others, on torrent sites.

So sorry if it's got you any stick, Zel! Damn my immature mind of two-and-a-half years ago. :D

Awesome hack, keep up the good work - I loved the 2nd gen so much (it's still my favourite generation) and to be able to play it in glorious GBA-o-vision is like a dream come true.
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Zowayix
hi

if zel does make a new pokemon for the shiny gyarados, then if you traded it to FR/LG, then would it become missingno?
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:55 AM
muckers
Beginning Trainer

Yep. Depending on which data he replaced for the new one, it'd change accordingly.

Though I don't see why he has to make it a new Pokemon. Can't it just be a regular shiny like in the original Gold and Silver?
Old February 14th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Nature: Bold
Ahem...I remember telling you guys to stay on topic, and not to spam the thread up with tons of unrelated replies to spam, or other things.

Sorry, but you asked for it...
Warnings will now be issued. If you don't learn the nice way, the hard way will do.

Also, how about the report button will be made use of? Instead of pointlessy posting replies about how much you want a staff member to take care of things here, a simple click on that button () and a typing in a reason will work wonders, trust me.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Pazuzu; February 14th, 2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:26 AM
STARTER MASTER
league champion

tittle screen is good with ho ho but charzard cry is wrong but who cares
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

Send a message via Yahoo to Akuchiki Byakuya
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARTER MASTER View Post
tittle screen is good with ho ho but charzard cry is wrong but who cares
read the first post. at the bottom is says all of the problems and glitches and thats in there.
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Colonel20100
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Diablo View Post
I think he confused Lance and Drake, but yes there is a Dragon trainer in every elite four up to date... seems kinda silly since most people expect that so they bring along an Ice Beam somewhere in their team
Not in D/P...

There's Ground, Fire, Psychic and something else in D/P.

The Shiny Gold X Adventures: http://youtube.com/profile?user=Colonel20100
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage!~The Hero's Shade
I was deleted along with the Cybeast, but it was not fate. It was of my own will...~ColonelEXE
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Chibaymega12
Enemies of the Leaf Beware!

Send a message via AIM to Chibaymega12
Hey guys, just putting my two cents in, but i think zel should just make it so lance catches the red gyaradoes after you assist him in solving the evo problem, and then he could give you a relatively strong dragon pokemon. Just my idea if zel cant figure out the scripting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_X View Post
The only ponitless thing i can see, is a guy who uses time to look and post on a thread about a game he doesn't like. There's no reason to call someone idiot, butt then again, let stupid ones,(guess who i mean) just talk their stupid rubish.
Where'd you find that post?? if it was alot of pages back, there's no need to post that
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibaymaga12 View Post
Hey guys, just putting my two cents in, but i think zel should just make it so lance catches the red gyaradoes after you assist him in solving the evo problem, and then he could give you a relatively strong dragon pokemon. Just my idea if zel cant figure out the scripting

Where'd you find that post?? if it was alot of pages back, there's no need to post that
Yea but, Scizz came in here and deleted a lot of unnecisary posts, which would explain that.

Also, the idea of Lance giving you a strong pokemon is a good idea I think, perhaps it could be the Bagon? That would solve that problem and the Gyrados problem.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here